Diadem Forums

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

xxxiang

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

20111116105359x8o_T5_14561.jpg

Changes that will be made to girl group T-ara have been revealed. The current 7 members will be strengthen by the addition of 2 more members, forming a 9 member girl group.

Kim Kwangsoo, T-ara and Core Contents Media's CEO revealed to "DISPATCH' on the 5th that T-ara will have 2 new members and will operate as a 9 member girl group.

What's the rationale behind the 9 member T-ara? Kim Kwang Soo revealed that this was a decision so as to help T-ara solidify its position in the music industry. Adding in 2 members who are outstanding in their singing abilities is to help them fulfill their role as singers even better in the future.

This is also to bring about a breathe of fresh air into the group, as Lead Vocalist Soyeon usually carries most of the responsibilities in singing when the group is promoting. The 2 new member will help to reduce the burden on Soyeon. Furthermore, with an even stronger vocal line, T-ara will have more choices when it comes to songs in the future.

Kim KwangSoo added that "The 2 new members are around the same age as the current members and brought about even more harmony to the current team." and "The new members are good in singing, that's why there are invited to join and help T-ara grow and develop as singers".

T-ara also added their 7th member Hwayoung in July 2010 on their initial 6 member foundation.

Translated by: xxxiang@Diadem

As usual my translation might be a bit off but main meaning is there.

So from this article, i guess the 2 new girls will be older than jiyeon and hwayoung but younger than qri and boram...perhaps. Since ccm says they have outstanding singing abilities, i think many would have high expectations of them to be as good as Soyeon or Hyomin. But CCM you better do something about those line distributions...thats the major problem why ppl say T-ara has weak vocals. Strengthening it with the newer member's amazing vocals but still giving others little to no lines ain't solving anything -.-

Ok cool cool real cool, wait till the actual debut then i'll comment. But Dispatch? srsly? lol

So basically, it's like this.

Three of them, Soyeon and the 2 new members are going to stand in the middle and sing during a performance. They won't be dancing. While the other 6 will dance at the back of them. Hwayoung or Hyomin or EunJung will be joining the three of them in front when it comes to rapping. They won't need the boy dancers and the backup dancers because the stage can't accommodate too many of them. This will help CCM to save money on backup dancers !! AHHH, now I get his stupid point.

So,I can imagine if they're doing Cry Cry performances,the 2 members will "help" Soyeon to sing her lines while they will "help" Hyomin to sing her lines in Lovey Dovey.To be very honest here,I'm actually glad that the two members are said to have a good singing abilities and not just being the pretty face.

From now on,we can expected Soyeon along with the new members to carry most of the songs while Hyomin's job as lead vocalist is reduced to just vocalist while others act as back up dancers and just singing "Yeah","Ahah","Baby",clap-clap,wink-wink and whatever stuffs and nonsense.

In a nutshell,the other members,Qri,Boram and Hwayoung who still didn't get enough spotlights until now will be completely forgotten (not by their fans,of course) by KKS and indirectly forced them to quit themselves.Wow,"great" planning,KKS.

You should has just enter a battlefield and you'll win for sure,for using dirty tactics....

From what i see, Hwayoung and Jiyeon remains as our dearest maknae. YAY!! and only Soyeon will share lines with the 2. YAY!! since the others barely gets any lines... huhu.. WIth that number, back-up dancers is not needed at all even if they sing roly poly in 9 members-system. Save money, emphasize on vocals. Yeah right. We'll see about that. See if the two can prove to us in July how good they are.

OMG he’s like literally screaming out loud ‘T-ARA CAN’T SING FOR xxxx! That’s why I’m adding two new talented members’ I CAN’T EVEN! HE SUCH A DOUCHEBAG , how the hell can you manage a group if you don’t have faith in them and their talent? How is that even possible?

Did he forget that T-ara got like 3 amazing and strong vocals, Soyeon isn’t the only strong one Mr.!

There is Eunjung that you seem to completely take off the hook!

Jiyeon & Boram can take off perfectly the soft parts but if you had just challenged their vocals a bit you’d see that they have the potential needed.

Hwayoung? She’s one of the fiercest rapper I’ve seen in Kpop AND she’s totally passionate about rap…so why can’t you make them songs that SHOWCASE their talent instead of ALWAYS STICKING TO THE CATCHY? Because it’s the safest choice. Because he just doesn’t have the faith in those girls.

I’m so disgusted right now, I FREAKING HATE HIM! He doesn’t deserve those girls nor does he deserve my money! They’re better off without him…clearly

Whoa wait, what?

I don't recall So Yeon complaining that her work as the main vocalist is too 'burdening'.

If anything, putting in two extra lead/main vocalists will make the line distribution even worse - we all know that Boram, Qri and Hwa Young hardly get anything with Eun Jung closely following behind the three. This will also put down Hyomin's position as lead vocalist and in effect, likely downgrade her to just a sub-vocal.

Now I see - in the long run, Boram and Qri are very likely to be forgotten almost completely. Actually, they'll probably be pressured to leave themselves. KKS, you make me sick. Rather than kicking them out yourself, you're just pressuring them slowly to leave. You sir, are subhuman and deserve to have a squad of Schutzstaffel soldiers and doctors torture and experiment on you to death

ooooo..k..aaa..yyy

sooooo..

kks talks about vocal now..*dogs barking serenaded with downpour*

just say that t-ara's vocal quality(in that old man's eyes) doesnt meet some composer's requirement for his/her song(s)..

let me tell you..dont accept the song then..

roly poly is still your most profitable song and lovey dovey gonna surpass cry cry soon..

t-ara is known for their DANCE SONGS not 'high flying' ballad..

too much changes to their distinctive sounds & t-ara would lose their ORIGINALITY..

let my words gives you a simple thought, Kim Kwang Soo ahjussi..

They should just give more lines to the others, especially eunjung.. Anyone who's listened to the first album will know eunjungs voice is not bad. But she hardly gets any lines now...especially when the rap is given to hwayoung now. same with hyomin (although she probably gets the most lines after soyeon). Just train the other members' vocals and let them develop instead of making them stand around while giving the new members (who btw have not worked in building up t-ara's popularity) all the lines and screen time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZUc_WT6vV4&feature=related

Ah i don't know how to react this..desicion has been made..so i hope those 2 new members really good at singing and help t-ara to be better and better..but..i don't know..that means the other member will get less part at singing..then how about boram and qri??? They won't sing? Argggh i hope they get more solo activities if it's like that, so they have a thing to do. I wish the curent members doesn't feel sad about this desicion and will get better at everything.Actually i can't accept it yet..kks really drives me crazy.but as a fan i have to support t-ara no matter what. Fighting!!

what crap is he talking about....soyeon's burden?

eunjung also have a very good voice....i think two is enough rather than having three and wasted eunjung's voice for only a small part or rap part....

the problem of line distribution is also serious...

the distribution is already a mess with 7 members and now 9?

i seriously pity the girls... i feel that their talents will not be fully developed and wasted....

Sad... I just started liking t are not too long ago and have yet to hear more from the other members. And here I won't have a chance to hear more from them because clearly they can't distribute line properly. I won't be surprise of next year he will add more members...

But anyways, I wish the girls all the best!

I don't understand why KKS didn't do all this from start t-ara debut. Adding a new member by reason of this is really painful for the other members. This means they don't have a good vocals. He is supposed to do is train their vocal. Oh I forgot, they don't have enough time with their busy schedules. Meanwhile, he enjoy result of their hard work.

LOL I do not trust Dispatch that much so I can still smile here :P And if that's true, then what the hell will happen to Qri and Boram? Maybe Soyeon and those 2 members will sing most then 1 word each for the remaining members. T-ara's voices are good, you're just not giving them enough lines KKS.

seriously. if KKS was right about the new 2 members vocal. that would be good.

i'm partly agreed bcs i heard the most song have too much soyeon's voice. and start to think,

WHY the song maker give soyeon the most voice ?i know she's the main vocal but why ?

fyi it's not KKS who decide their line and part of the song. :)

but the creator of the song.

and the saddest part for me when soyeon keep Singing live perform when she wear crutches ! even she isn't well

"sorry my english is very bad"

I still don't think this was a smart move. Seeing as how T-ARA is currently at their peak of success, it will only further taint their reputation if the 2 members are not up to the fan's standard.

Qri & Boram were the original members but they are always ignored/forgotten. I really hope that KKS and CCM will be more fair towards them. They could jolly well split Soyeon's line with Hyomin, give Hyomin's line to both Qri and Boram. THEN it will be fair.

Oh don't get me started on the workload these girls have. From their countless CFs to their personal schedules, it feels like they are slaves to their company.

-.-

"The new members are good in singing, that's why there are invited to join and help T-ara grow and develop as singers." ??

really? if i found the two members are not good in singing like soyeon or eunjung, what do you want to do, KKS? many fans are really upset to you.

*sigh* 7t-ara is really amazing now. i thin KKS just wasted his time and make t-ara lose their popularity if it continues like this. i hope KKS doesn't make t-ara's members become 48 like AKB 48

LOL I do not trust Dispatch that much so I can still smile here :P And if that's true, then what the hell will happen to Qri and Boram? Maybe Soyeon and those 2 members will sing most then 1 word each for the remaining members. T-ara's voices are good, you're just not giving them enough lines KKS.

is dispatch not a reliable news reporting site?

In a another couple of years, he's probably going to be like "I'm adding more members to relieve the burden on the two members I've stuck in."

Then one day we'll wake up and it'll be "23-ara"

In another couple of years, T-ara very likely would have filed a lawsuit against CCM and moved to another agency or in a worst case scenario, disband completely by then.

They've managed to hold out for 3 years but as GD of Big Bang had said - idols at their third year since debut get the tendency to rebel against their agencies. YG even almost lost Big Bang at some point in 2008/2009 due to the group being overworked and compensated by giving a 2-month break rather than tighten everything even further.

Given that KKS is obviously a big cuckoo who was born in cuckoo land, I don't think it'd be surprising that T-ara will rebel further against KKS, ultimately leaving CCM for good. The tighter he controls them, the more disillusioned, angered and rebelling T-ara will become.