Diadem Forums

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

xxxiang

I think that maybe the songwriters are behind this move. I mean they probably write some amazing songs but they just can't give them to T-ara cause there's nobody apart from Soyeon that can make justice to the songs. Not to mention that even Soyeon's voice is not all that compared to other singers. If this move is in favor of improving the lyrical content of the music I'm all for it. There would be disadvantages though.

You wanted to take the burden from Soyeon GOD you have other 6 MEMBERS TO DO THAT why do you need to add 2 more. The only clear thing here is that the role os those girls is to the HATED really this guy proves each time he speaks he is really stupid. I can't guess the limits of his stupid system

So what about Boram and Qri they hardly get line so what they are now going to be just back up dancers, and for god's sake Eunjung and Hyomin are pretty good singers they can help Soyeon with the lines

if the 2 new member are good at singing then boram and qri will get lesser lines than what they have right now,,,

it maybe good for soyeon but not for the others,,,

kks should split the lines evenly for the current member not give it to new member,,, it just wrong,,,

Which lines will they lose? They don't have any to begin with, they barely sing. If anything they won't lose much (but they won't gain any), it's Soyeon (and probably Hyomin) who will have to share lines. KKS doesn't give a f*ck about even split of lines. He basically said they couldn't sing for sh*t. He needs "talented members at singing, as he stated. They don't meet his expectations but he chose them in the first place to be in T-ara. Why do that after more than 2 years !? He's completely mental, there's no logic. He's putting the blame on them, what did the girls do wrong there?

no worries guys! if SNSD can get each of their members a couple of lines in each song, T-ara will be able to do so too! =)

Actually SNSD does not have and even distribution lines either but I won't go in detail with that, but the big difference between them is the fact that in SNSD all members get attention whether they are singing or not, while In T-ARA it is evident that 2 members are completely ignored Boram and Qri almost never get lines get almost no screen time and they don't have any relevant activities outside T-ARA so personally I don't think there will be a fair distribution

hahahahaahahaha!!

That's all i have to say.

But, what bullsh** things to say.. I mean really? *sigh*

It seems to me he is far more interested on T-Ara as a Trademark than on the girls themselves as artists, though I really don't get the logic he's following. Take a bunch of unknown girls, make them super popular and beloved, put them in the spotlight, and then start displacing them and humiliating them in public media while all their fans watch, to the point the "hitler" jokes and the fandom clamoring for them to give you the finger and hit the road is now standard procedure? In which world does "Those girls you all love and idolize can't sing for peanuts, LOL, I'm giving their lines to a bunch of newcomers." make any sense? Thirty years of experience my tail. @_@

I have never seen a CEO who managed to get as much hate to himself and his company as this guy has, and considering the kind of jerk ass behaviour CEOs usually have to indulge in that's saying something. I hope something long, sharp, pointy, and barbed finds its way up his backdoor. Totally by accident, of course.

I had that feeling that back when he wasn't giving them any time off, and instead piled for stuff for them to do. For me, as T-ara fan, i could care less about the name T-ara. I love the 7 individuals that make up T-ara.

I feel like he's both disrespecting and dissing the fans and the members of T-ara when he released these statements.

And instead, i want a lion to find their way to his house and eat him :x At least then, we don't have to see him anymore ^^

I was just thinking of what the two members will do to the team last night, wondering if that would mean less lines for the girls and sure enough, it sounds like it! :( I had hoped to hear more from Eunjung but I also enjoy seeing everyone sing to hear how they are. This makes it even less likely to hear them sign to their fullest potential :(

To be honest, this whole reasoning sounds ungrounded, bs in other word.

Adding new members to solidify the group vocal? Why not optimizing what T-ara already have? The known fact is Eunjung was has very strong vocal has been given less and less vocal role, and less rap.

Also, Boram and Qri have only been given very little roles in singing.

I sense that KKS is saying that T-ara has some non-fully-functioning members and trying to add members with more value. This rationale is valid only, if only, he actually drops Boram and Qri off of the group, like what happened to U-KISS.

Adding new members with more talents won't solidify the group if they still have less talented members.

But to look at it as a whole, at the end it should be fans who can show to the agency whether this strategy works or not. Idol groups depend on fanbase to sell. If fans don't agree with new move, they might stop buying, to the extreme. Similar case is 2PM n Jay Park. But we have seen a big instance where a very popular group adds new members and the fans react negatively.

Similar case might be Wonder Girls, replacing Sunmi with Lim.

But overall, I don't think this strategy is solid. The reasoning doesn't make sense.

And my thoughts are strengthen by the fact that CCM seems to be quite fishy in management. Recent case is cancellation of SF show, where now they're being sued.

I'm in for this move only, and if only, they drop Boram and Qri off of T-ara!

So that those 2 won't have to be humiliated and seen with no respect for being in the group without real roles to do. Why keeping non-working stuff?

Well, you have to credit KKS for being pretty honest about his feelings. Most CEO's don't speak their mind publicly. Whether you agree with him or not is another story. In his mindset, which is very business-oriented, I think 1) T-ara, as a group, is what his brand focus is and he clearly doesn't want individual members' identities bigger than the group's; 2) he has this formulaeic view of what will make the group better--clearly he felt the group was lacking in singing talent and thus, he's bolstering the competency level by adding singing talent. Where he's insensitive is with the fans--obviously the fans have emotional attachments to the individuals, but a guy like KKS probably thinks, "oh well, they'll get used to it...it is what it is. I'll turn out good materials and the fans will be there." He's likely least sensitive with the members--to him they're just workhorses. Run them hard for as long as you can, and when it looks like they're not shoveling the cash in, then cut them loose so they can graze in the pasture like a retired racehorse. I personally think that these idols should try to cultivate their actiing skills, or other marketable skills, because they truly seem to have a 4-5 year shelf life. If you're a good actor/actress who can sell tickets at the theater, you can have a pretty nice career. But still, the dude is so blunt--I can't believe some of the stuff he lets out in the press.

So basically....

Soyeon will get less lines? She might be reduced to lead vocal. The two vocally outstanding new members will be the leads?

Hwayoung is still the main rapper.

Eunjung, Hyomin and perhaps Jiyeon will be sub vocalists/rappers/dancers

Qri & Boram will just contribute to the chorus/dancers (Boram need to invest in some stilts soon, she keeps getting pushed back. ugh.)

Am still very annoyed with the news. Stupid KKS and his half-baked idea. gawd. -_-

"The 2 new members are around the same age as the current members and brought about even more harmony to the current team."

Does that mean they collaborated before? If so is he referring to Davichi? O.O

i know this is off topic but can someone explain to me:

1) why jiwon and Jiae left

2) why hwayoung was added(i now love her)

anyway i can't understand why KKS is so rude to the girls and us the fans. Does he not know that we the fan are giving him the money? i understand that he adding the new member because he want more good singer(not that they need it), and making them complete for line? really? this is so unnecessarily. I feel so sorry for the girls, KKS is just adding more stress to they aready busy live.

This is madness. In their first album Absolute First/Breaking Heart, Soyeon didn't dominate the tracks like she does it. It was much more well rounded. If anything I thought she was a bit underrepresented in those so I was glad she became the meat and potatoes of Temptastic and so on. If he wants Soyeon to have less of the "burden" and some more variety...use one of the other freaking members.

It's hard being a T-ara fan.

Y is he adding 2 more members to "improve" T-ara singing? He is not even giving a chance to members like Boram, Qri. Look at the recent songs that T-ara has? Boram has hardly any lines and Qri and Eunjung slightly better. Is there a need for 2 more members?? I doubt so....

The thing I'm worried is that T-ara will not be compared to SNSD, who has the same amount of members. They were ridiculed significantly for being that large of a group. I don't want T-ara just to receive sh*t from netizens for just adding and adding members. In the eyes of non-diadems, it seems that T-ara is just stacking more and more (even unnecessary) trainees. I really don't get how the CEO doesn't understand that just adding members will furthermore risk their reputation as a sufficient group.

Please, Kwangsoo, use common sense. The eyes of the viewers is what will determine T-ara's reputations, not if they're lazy or not.

Oh C'mon!!!!! Just say that you want them to be like SNSD...thinking that they'll be as famous as SNSD...ONLY IF THERE'S 9 MEMBERS IN IT!!! I.TELL.YOU! NO!!! 7 is a very nice number and I'd rather they train Boram and Qri unnie on their vocals instead of adding 2 more members to steal lines from them... THEY DUN EVEN HAVE A DAMN LINE IN SOME OF THE SONGS!!!

Hais....CCM is such a shocker indeed...

His ideas/reasons/excuses or whatever are hahahahahaha...Why don't you utilize other 6 members' strengths and talents? He is saying our girls are not good enough and their vocals are suck lol...Some members are hardly get anything to sing to begin with, Qri & Boram, and now even Eunjung seem to sing/rap less haiz...Why dont you continue to train their vocal, make them better instead of adding new vocalists to the group, and demote other members to be backup dancer, backup vocal? Aigoo this guy hahaha, go see a doctor/psychologist or something lol...

He just basically talk and point out all the bad things about his own artists lol...I really admired your honesty Mr. Devil CEO and all your "awesome" crap ideas of making Tiara become the best Kpop group in Korea and Asia bhahabhaha,

i won't judge the new members until they debut in T-ara but from what KKS is saying is this:

"Soyeon is the only good singer n with the new members will help T-ara be the best of the best, the other members are below standard n i have no money to train them further becuase they r too lazy to work any more"

xxxx! Jiyeon, Hyomin n Eunjung are one of the best singers, he should further devolop their talents like how Jiyeon got to show her singing in Dream High 2. n from what ive heard, Qri can play the bass, how come i havnt seen it? n Boram can sing n rap but she hardly gets any lines. n the company always chooses the catchy songs to promote that doesnt show what they can really do.

What ;______; Can't belive this.. Im still so confused.. Are they gonna replace members and make it into 9 group? or just ADD 2 more members? Stupid.. Ahhh.. Hopefully no one gets replace or else imma kill some people [Not gonna mention..] KKS!

Psh! t-ara hwaaaaaiiittting!~ Hope for T7.

so... KKS is basically saying most T-ara members cant sing... Have u heard Eunjung Sing?!!! She has a pretty nice voice! and so does Hyomin! and since when was it a burden on Soyeon?

shoot! KKS is just lucky none of the original 7 members are leaving cuz thats when all hells gonna break loose...

however, it is kinda nice to kno that the new members can sing... KINDA nice... but not really

No offense but I actually liked Soyeon singing a lot of lines for T-ara songs... I also liked how in the past Eunjung did some singing too. I'm not a fan of them adding two members even though they can sing. I mean why are you reducing Soyeon's singing lines... I think she's doing a wonderful job at the moment.

Also, Eunjung has an amazing voice, WHY ARE YOU NOT USING EUNJUNG'S BEAUTIFUL VOICE!!??