Diadem Forums

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

xxxiang

as Lead Vocalist Soyeon usually carries most of the responsibilities in singing when the group is promoting. The 2 new member will help to reduce the burden on Soyeon.

In another words, none of T-ara's members can sing. Did I translate it right, KKS? It's just because you don't give them any lines. See how Qri can sing in the special performance at the new year concert. Boram can definitely rap. How good Eunjung and Hyomin's singing abilities are. I love all the songs that Jiyeon sang in DH2. And now you say like none of them can't help Soyeon. I really hate you KKS. I will wait to see how your "wonderful" new system work.

its really hard to me to accept hwayoung and i started to accept her only after cry cry. and now, kks said to add another two members! are you crazy?? some people said, "if you love t-ara, you'll love them even they are 7 or 9" . HAHA! its freaking funny statement. yeah, i love t-ara, i love eunjung, hyomin, jiyeon, boram, soyeon, qri and after long time i take, hwayoung. but, i love them as t-ara, not adding another two and call them t-ara. adding another two members at the peak of t-ara time, is just like bashing them to the deep pit in this industry.

now, just wait and see, even i can't see my dearest eunjung unnie role becoming dim and dimmer in t-ara :(

i dont like the sound of all of this. i dont know what to say at this point but we all have to see where this whole thing is going. if any one of them leave, i hope all 6 of them leave together. right now i only see them as 6.

well.. :huh:

i think KKS wants to show that T-ara now will be more powerful than before and "to help T-ara solidify its position in the music industry"

yeah, which as we know, now competition in k-pop industry is very tight.. there are many new groups out there. so, just to be beautiful and attractive is not enough. CCM wants to be company with great ballad singer (like his dreams).. that's way this decision shows T-Ara need more stronger on vocal..

and..

as Lead Vocalist Soyeon usually carries most of the responsibilities in singing when the group is promoting. The 2 new member will help to reduce the burden on Soyeon. Furthermore, with an even stronger vocal line, T-ara will have more choices when it comes to songs in the future.

this is what makes me laugh and dun't understand at all..

CCM gives overwork to T-ara. i wonder did T-ara member get vocal training in every week to improve their skill abt this case?! :(

fulfill their role as singers even better in the future.

lol.. these girls too busy.. :unsure:

and CCM still bad towards giving line distribution for T-Ara members.. :angry:

and CCM still lacking on re-arrange music to remix one

and the result.. all problem come from CCM by self -_-

oh yeah..i know CCM just want fast solution for next july... with ADD 2 new members for T-ara <_<

I HOPE I'LL SEE GOOD NEWS on T-ARA COMEBACK July 2012..

can't wait for these amazing girls :lol:

Why won't t-ara transfer agency? screw you KKS! Don't you even dare let hwayoung have no lines or even qri and boram. I'm seriously gonna plug your bottom with all of your money!

I believe it's due to these reasons.

a. T-ara itself is simply not prepared or too afraid to go up against KKS

b. Their contract doesn't expire until some years after

c. KKS has blackmailed/threatened them behind the scenes, somehow.

But nonetheless, I believe fans should prepare themselves for something really ugly later this year, at least a few months after the second album is released. The girls aren't stupid, that's one thing and their patience with KKS is probably growing incredibly thin. The powder keg has already been lit - the question is WHEN it will explode over KKS's face.

I wouldn't be surprised if T-ara filed a lawsuit against him - and no doubt, CCM would lose. Not even SM was able to hold out against lawsuits filed by its own idols - and SM is the most financially powerful of all talent agencies in Korea. If SM can't win a lawsuit, CCM won't last any better. There's a reason why YG gave Big Bang a 2 month break when the group itself tried to run away from him back in 2008/2009. The last thing any agency needs is dealing with a lawsuit.

what???

i don't know what to comment..

KKS got power to do it..

just hope our girls can really adapt with this change..

as well as fans like me who will try to accept this change and support them no matter what..

can't wait for their July comeback :)

7-ara forever <3

So much disappointed with the way CCM treat T-ARA. I can't say anything more. I feel painful for Boram and Qri, and also for T-ARA themselves. I love these girls from debut. And I believe that maybe if everyone was given proper vocal training, they should have improved their singing abilities. Just like Boram. She knows how to sing, what is only lacking is power. Same goes with Jiyeon.

I'm also hurt for Eunjung and Hyomin, since they're not seen as "powerful" vocals when they're one of the best in kpop (for me). They have unique vocal sound. I'm not happy about the 2 new members with great singing abilities, because for sure, they will sound like the other "cliche" kpop singers. So where would T'ARA's original sound go to? --nowhere. They'll be like the other idol groups. T^T I'm really really sad about this.

AUGH. it pains me a lot. T-ARA is my only beloved girl group. But I GUESS this is better than removing some members from the original formation. I still pray that T-ARA's popularity still continue.

And yes, even though this is plain ridiculous (the addition of 2 members), I will still buy T-ARA's 2nd Album since I've been waiting for this like ages. :))

1)Jiwon and Jiae left due to different taste in music styles.But,if you actually noticed,Jiwon debuted with a group name SPICA and the group just debuted quite recently (2012) while nobody knows what happened to Jiae.

2)While the reason of decreasing Jiyeon and Eunjung's burden as an actress might be true (nowadays they missed almost all the performances especially in Cry Cry and Lovey Dovey),the real reason behind this is CCM (or KKS himself) said they wanna reduce the group's age average considering 2 of them nearly hit 30 so they won't be call as "adult-idol group".

Hyomin said this in one of the interviews back in 2010.But I think it's just a piece of garbage.I mean,look at Brown Eyes Girls or 2NE1.Some of them are almost or even 30 something but I don't see any sign of slowing down.

Thank you for answering my question. wow i didn't know Jiwon just debute( spica voice is amazing, good for her( but she will alway be a T-ara for me)), what do you mean by "different taste in music styles"? Did the they two girls not like the same type of music or did they not like T-ara concept? I hope Jiae will pop up somewhere. About Hwayoung, i can't believe they only added for her age. Thank god her rapping is good.

Thank you for answering my question. wow i didn't know Jiwon just debute( spica voice is amazing, good for her( but she will alway be a T-ara for me)), what do you mean by "different taste in music styles"? Did the they two girls not like the same type of music or did they not like T-ara concept? I hope Jiae will pop up somewhere. About Hwayoung, i can't believe they only added for her age. Thank god her rapping is good.

No problem.Glad I can help a Diadem.Yeah,I just know about the whole SPICA things recently.I'm not sure about the "different taste in music styles" because that's what I read on Wikipedia.However,like you said,they didn't like T-ara concept and they think it didn't suit their personality.But,maybe,this is just based on my speculation but there was something going on within T-ara members and/or CCM themselves.Perhaps,they didn't get along with the members/the CEO?Well,no one actually knows what happen though and it remain silent till now.

Yeah,about the whole Hwayoung thing,some of T-ara's fans a.k.a Diadem still getting a hard time to accept her into T-ara.Now with the two new members,things are going pretty chaotic.I'm guess I'm lucky since I only knew T-ara after Cry Cry and at that time,Hwayoung was already added a year ago.

I'm new to T ara since i first saw the music video for "we were in love". Hwayoung had a really fierce rap there.

Then I saw cry cry ballad version which showcased the vocal talents of Soyeon, Jiyeon, Hyomin, and Eunjung.

Then I saw Roly Poly which has Qri and Boram pretty much owning the intro, first, and second verse.

So in a way, I pretty much saw how each member can shine. I think they are perfect just the way they are right now.

Adding two new members who can sing is basically good for ballad songs only, which i think is a waste, although i will remain open minded.

hurm,not bad,The main point that im angry is if he want to kick the old member.So,accorind to this article,these 2 new member will help us more,eventhough it sounds like they were not capable,but i have to accept it.We can do nothing but have to protect 7ara.

With all the things this evil CEO said, all the things he did and how he treated our girls, I really wish that the girls can stand up on themselves and sue this guy!!! I dont think they can stand him any longer, everything has a limit. Wish their contract expired soon, so they all can leave him, move on with different agency, let see how he can survive, crazy boss. He should get out of this entertainment business because he cant do anything good for his own artists.

Once these 2 new girls join, all the girls have to rearrange all the lines in their old songs, re-learn all the dances in those songs, etc.Haiz more work for the girls.

My wish for Eunjung/Qri/Boram get to sing more is now gone :(.

Best wishes to all the girls then hope they will all stay strong together.

from what i read, i think KKS wanted vocalists like Davichi thingy, that's why he didn't even consider eunjung and hyomin as "good singers", i'm so upset, because for me those two are an amazing singers, i really want to stab KKS face multiple times because of insulted them and humiliate their singing ability. we all know how awesome eunjung and hyomin in "good person", so i'm so sad when their own CEO even didn't appreciate their beautiful voice.

and this plan to bring another new members just making hard in distribution lines. for soyeon, hwayoung, and hyomin, tbh i don't think they will be get no lines. although their lines will gonna reduced but they may still have a lot of part. for soyeon, even though the new members are singers, but i think she still the main vocalist since her voice is T-ara main voice and become one of signature of T-ara itself. hyomin, maybe her singing lines will be reduced but i think she still be used for singing part beside rapping (i don't know but i think she is KKS fave lol). for hwayoung, tbh i still don't get why everyone say she gots no lines, i think she already have main parts in T-ara as the main rapper since her debut (don't forget T-ara's album). she gets all rap lines until this time and even CCM give her in "we were in love" and "lies (japanese)", so i don't agree if people say CCM doesn't care about her. and because the new members are singers, so her position will be fine.

i think the most difficult will goes to qri and boram. i guess their lines maybe will taken away by jiyeon lol, since jiyeon is a good singer more than them. maybe jiyeon as subvocalist and qri with boram as vocalists or background vocalists. wait, i almost forget eunjung lol, i think she will get a little part in rap since T-ara will have a thousand singers lol. thank god if CCM still remember her for having some part in rap lol

so my conclusion is poor qri and boram, CCM really need to explore them instead of add or remove members. maybe they are shy but still... they are special in their own way.

i don't know what KKS think, but i guess he wants T-ara to replace SNSD, we know SNSD are famous with "9 powers" thingy, so i think this plan is one of his ambition to make T-ara as the national girlgroup in Korea. or maybe KKS is sick with all comments that say "T-ara can't sing etc etc". for some things i agree with KKS, but for the most things i don't agree with him. so KKS you better go meditation to think again about all this plan. but if you still want to do this, you better bring a really really awesome singer that you promised and repair all the distribution lines, so all fans from each members will not dissapoint with you and your company again.

i just hope T-ara haters will not increase :(

why T-ara should add 2 more members? i think its too crowded with 9 members. for singing, Hyomin and Eunjung capables for covering Soyeon. they have a good singing abilities and can rap well too. but, what boss said, its obligation. although, he is producer of the year. :D i wish all the best for T-ara...

Kim Kwangsoo's main point for this member addition is for publicity.

He just want attention, and this is his plan.

Can't he just focus on T-ara more? I mean, look at Boram or Qri they have the least line to a song.

Think carefully Kim Kwangsoo please....

T-ara members need to go on strike or else leave CCM as a group! Why that douche needs to tighten his wallet and see how much T-ara has earned for him. you run the members on a four months spree of activities and then add more members and say this is to help them.....yeah right! Douche just wants to bank more $$$$ Time to leave? I think so!

You see him indirectly singling Soyeon out as the "cause" of the changes? I'm still pretty sure this is mostly about Mr. Kim's pride and how she called him out back then. I mean, really? Does anyone think T-ara's hurting for (quality) composers and producers who want to work with them because of a question of talent? Have they really gone as far as they can with the current set-up? I mean, the only thing that really utilized Hwayoung's talent is the Davichi co-op (We were in Love) and even that didn't use all the members (Jiyeon got, like only a line and a half in that song, too). And that's just those two of them - Boram and Qri could be doing a whole lot more, even if they couldn't take over for Soyeon, and for whatever reason, Eunjung's not getting her due share. And for that matter, as a question of her talent, I'm pretty sure Soyeon could do with some solo OST stuff or something (if their overall workload weren't as full) - Hyomin, I think is doing "all right," as far as it goes.

Anyway, for the sake of future potential hapless performers who blunder into Mr. Kim's path, hopefully at least he walks away from all this learning something about fostering talent - if he's got a bad system in place as it is, maybe he's up there thinking, "Well if we lack the training infrastructure to improve the current talent, how else can we...?" What he's intent on doing is pretty stupid (and worse), sure, but unless the Mayan thing means what people say it does, I'm pretty sure Mr. Kim will still have an outlet for his musical ambitions in the new year.

Speaking of which, if the two new members actually are Davichi, maybe that'll be enough to convince the shareholders that he's a quack and they might actually oust him over his mismanagement.

exactly because i feel that each SNSD member is able to bring forth their individual charms more so than how the t-ara members do. that's why in this way, i think the way to motivate them is to instill 'competition' so that the others who are not showing much will improve themselves =) either way, its not a bad thing for fans should boram and qri do more right? isn't that what we want to see instead of them falling into the shadows for each performance?

exactly because i feel that each SNSD member is able to bring forth their individual charms more so than how the t-ara members do. that's why in this way, i think the way to motivate them is to instill 'competition' so that the others who are not showing much will improve themselves =) either way, its not a bad thing for fans should boram and qri do more right? isn't that what we want to see instead of them falling into the shadows for each performance?

I really hope that this turn like you suggest but call me pessimistic but a part of me thinks it won't jut look at After School when they threw the changing members method they are not as popular as they used to, I hope that Qri and Boram react so that they can get a bit more of spotlight despite the fact that there will be more members

Speaking of which, if the two new members actually are Davichi, maybe that'll be enough to convince the shareholders that he's a quack and they might actually oust him over his mismanagement.

Davichi aren't dancers so I don't see them joining T-ara. Also they are doing very well on their own, Davichi that is.

If the new members have great voices I think it'll be actually good for T-ara as the range of songs they could choose would get bigger. The downturn is that it's going to be a competition between all the members for singing parts. This could initiate the dismemberment of the group by creating little factions that will fight with each other. Hopefully it doesn't get to this.