Diadem Forums

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

xxxiang

Guest borambias

I seeeeeeeeeeee.

Well I need to get used to 9ara and the 2 new members then. But the news is so sudden :/ Wae KKS wae!?!?!?!?! Somehow, I am pretty sure some sones would bash T-ara in the future for "competing" with SNSD. We may not be able to change his mind anymore, but we still can do our best to support the future T-ara ^_^

Well, all I can say is that I have high expectations for them.

Especially since they say they are excellent singers.

But I dont get why they really need them though.

I mean, sure T-ara's vocals may not be as great as F(x), SNSD, or Kara or whatnot.

But the way they deliver their songs is unique.

I feel sorry for the members. Now their line distribution is even less and CCM is offending the girls by saying that their singing is bad and thats why the 2 new members are needed. :P

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

T-ara doesn't need more members. What do they mean by 'reduce the burden on Soyeon'?! Even though Soyeon has the best voice (my opinion) and she sings the chorus' most of the time, it doesn't mean that the other members have weak voices. They all have beautiful voices and do not need 2 more people to come along. For example, Eunjung and Hyomin have great vocals too. I really wish they'd keep T-ara as 7 members. :(

Honestly I think hwayoung gets quite a few lines, considering she's the rapper. But Qri, boram and jiyeon? And now even eunjung! I hardly get to hear their voices anymore in their latest songs, and I mean like, all of them. Seriously, at this rate, I would rather Tara leave their freaking company and that stupid CEO. Or, even though I really really love Tara as a group, maybe eunjung and jiyeon should just leave. Cos honestly, they don't get to sing much as part of their group, and they can actually get to sing more songs/osts as actresses! (ie Dream High 2, etc)

I like hearing Soyeon's voice! It's hard to not hate the new members, but at least T-ara will be able to do more ballad songs too. Hopefully everyone will get a sining line.

Speaking of more ballad songs, they should do like solo songs within the albums. I remember some of the earlier BEG albums had Gain or Jea singing by themselves. A 100% Eunjung song would be music gold.

I really hope that this turn like you suggest but call me pessimistic but a part of me thinks it won't jut look at After School when they threw the changing members method they are not as popular as they used to, I hope that Qri and Boram react so that they can get a bit more of spotlight despite the fact that there will be more members

well yeah actually i'm just hoping for the best since the situation is more or less fixed and there's nothing we can do about it (we don't run the company). if given a choice, of course i would rather t-ara to remain as 7, but this time the situation doesn't seem to permit... so, hopefully the original t-ara members would take this challenge and show us more of themselves (overpower the new members and get them kicked out instead HURHURHUR =D ).

lolz regardless who will be added, T-ara's dead with 6 members to me. I don't hate hwayoung, its a neutral feeling towards her existence in T-ara. Just sad that I might never hear Boram's beautiful low pitch voices and EJ's lovely voices in any other songs more than 1 line in the future?? Hyomin's gona survive it, not to mention the mighty Soyeon and fans magnet Jiyeon I bet the one got hurt the most from SOB Kim public humiliation is Qri, who got chosen and debuted under SOB Kim consent who realize Qri's singing ability and have not really trained her. ( i wonder if they have a vocal mentor which they should have).

If their point is to strengthen the harmony of the group and to become more productive,

I think they made a good decision. As a fan, adding new member/s to the group may distract me, somehow.

I may never understand their decision, but as long as T-ara members are not complaining and it might help them to be more productive

I guess, all I need to do is to agree with it, no matter what happened, it's the CEO's decision.

Another point is that, they will become more successful if they did it, though the new members must work hard like the old ones'.

As I've said before, SNSD is a NINE member group and they've became SUCCESSFUL, why not T-ARA, right?

They said that SEVEN is a LUCKY number, but since T-ARA will be NINE and SNSD is NINE, I guess, my new LUCKY NUMBER is NINE

If their point is to strengthen the harmony of the group and to become more productive,

I think they made a good decision. As a fan, adding new member/s to the group may distract me, somehow.

I may never understand their decision, but as long as T-ara members are not complaining and it might help them to be more productive

I guess, all I need to do is to agree with it, no matter what happened, it's the CEO's decision.

Another point is that, they will become more successful if they did it, though the new members must work hard like the old ones'.

As I've said before, SNSD is a NINE member group and they've became SUCCESSFUL, why not T-ARA, right?

They said that SEVEN is a LUCKY number, but since T-ARA will be NINE and SNSD is NINE, I guess, my new LUCKY NUMBER is NINE

Become more 'productive'? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but T-ara is one, if not THE most overworked idol group in the K-pop industry and has been like that as early as mid-late 2011. If anything, T-ara is being OVERproductive as a group while CCM itself hasn't bothered to do anything about Boram and Qri in particular. Those two aren't going to be productive if more members are added in - actually, one can argue that adding new members is a long-term tactic of pressuring them to leave.

By the way, SNSD became successful not simply because on their looks or talents but because SM had the MONEY to promote them in the most effective and eye-catching ways - not to mention SM already had popular artists like DBSK around. SNSD wasn't exactly successful back in their early days until at least 2009, with the release of Gee - SM also benefited heavily from SuJu's big jump in success with Sorry Sorry not long after Gee. CCM is nowhere near financially advantageous as SM - not to mention CCM has the burden of having to maintain its own broadcasting channel.

Even in 2009 when SNSD's popularity skyrocketed off the charts, they released 3 title tracks (Gee, Tell Me Your Wish, Chocolate Love) over a span of 10 months, compared to T-ara's Roly Poly, Roly Poly in Copabanaca, Cry Cry and Lovey Dovey in a span of 7 months during 2011. That's quite a huge gap there - not to mention SNSD even had a short break at some point before June 2009.

Darn it. What is he thinking? Currently, some of the members already don't have much lines to sing and now you are going to add 2 more members? Why not just spend more time on the other members, instead of coming up with all these crap shits.

I think the 2 new members are a misguided attempt at reducing the workload on the current members. On paper it kinda makes sense. But I dont think they thought it through properly. The company's credibility will take a big hit if this doesnt work out.

To be honest,

I'm not fond of this idea.

I know we can't do anything now, as project diadems, to really tell the CEO "FANS OBJECT!"

But still, i mean T-ARA has GOOD singers, like Eunjung and Hyomin too.

I like them the way they are.

----please don't pull of an After School CCM----

only time will tell...i'll make my opinion once i see the finish product. to think t-ara started off as a 5 member group that expanded to 7 which we now love and can't imagine any other changes. plus 2 more, which may only add to the group dynamic but it's still too premature for me to make an opinion ....

I do not understand what is going through this guys head, why would you add two more when you already have 3 that do next to nothing. I didn't even understand when they added Hwayoung she is meant to be a main rapper and what not but she gets no lines look at Roly Poly and the line she got was a big let down because she is better then what they give her credit for, the only song she ever got a chance with was My Boo and unless you bought the cd no one got to see her talent in that song. They have 7 girls with amazing vocals and they aren't even willing to give them a chance.

From what i see, Hwayoung and Jiyeon remains as our dearest maknae. YAY!! and only Soyeon will share lines with the 2. YAY!! since the others barely gets any lines... huhu.. WIth that number, back-up dancers is not needed at all even if they sing roly poly in 9 members-system. Save money, emphasize on vocals. Yeah right. We'll see about that. See if the two can prove to us in July how good they are.

Nae I want Hwayoung and Jiyeon remains as our dearest maknae. <3 <3

Oh sad that by adding 2 members make all things go worst ~~

It is obvious that this change is to punish Soyeon! Soyeon is vital to T-ara because she is the voice but with 2 new voices in the group...she will lose her power and will have to behave as CEO wants to keep her position in T-ara.

And to be honest...Eunung and Hyomin can help Soyeon for the singing part because they are very good singers...and especially Eunjung who only raps now while she has shown to be a great singer.

It is obvious that this change is to punish Soyeon! Soyeon is vital to T-ara because she is the voice but with 2 new voices in the group...she will lose her power and will have to behave as CEO wants to keep her position in T-ara.

And to be honest...Eunung and Hyomin can help Soyeon for the singing part because they are very good singers...and especially Eunjung who only raps now while she has shown to be a great singer.

Hmm, you have quite a point there. We've yet to see So Yeon complain about her position as the main vocal of the group - plus it's her position and it's not like Eun Jung and Hyomin's singing sound like fingers on a chalkboard (I'll say that they're good for idol singers to say the least).

With the exception of Cry Cry and a maybe a few others, I've actually yet to see So Yeon singing 95%+ of the lines in all of T-ara's title tracks.

the fact is that tara has vocal abilities. it is just that people often misunderstand that only soyeon can sing as most of the lines are distributed to her-as seen in cry cry. so instead of adding new members, can't stupid KKS just distribute the lines evenly and show the world that every single member can sing? although we diadems/citrines already know the fact. he is the CEO taking care of tara, so he should know better that all of the members can sing and adding 2 new members for vocal abilities is basically crap. WHAT IS THIS?! i feel really bad for tara unnies as they have worked so hard to reach this point, where they are so famous. and KKS is just going to let this two new girls in and enjoy the fame our 7ara worked their ass off to acheive. not that its the two new girls' fault, but i just cant get over the fact that someone else is going to enjoy something they did not even worked for.

p.s. i should be doing my homework, but i saw this piece of news and it blew my head off.

Why couldn't they just even out the lines with the songs like by giving Boram, Qri, & Hwayoung more lines? :mellow:

I'm scared because I heard someone say that they're afraid that if the 2 new members will help Soyeon then they just might make Soyeon have even more less lines like they'll sing probably more. :unsure:

I don't know anymore ><

I'll still support them no matter what. I don't hate the new members because I don't even know them yet. Hopefully KKS's decisions is right.

I hope everything will turn out fine. I hope...

T-ara Hwaiting~! <3