Diadem Forums

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

xxxiang

actually in this situation, could it mean other things?

like probably based on wild guessing...

soyeon's contract with them might be up soon and she doesn't seem to want any extension and that's why they are trying to bring in vocalists now to give them the exposure before she leaves and also to show that they can do without her? (in this way, soyeon complained both on variety show broadcasts and possibly internally too (since she's the leader now and it seems to me like she's very vocal when it comes to issues like these also), of the heavy workload and became "prideful & lazy" as labelled by KKS, and so expressed that she might not extend the contract. in order to punish such a "rebellious" act, KKS instead of bowing down to soyeon, decides to introduce 2 vocalists (we all know how good soyeon is at singing and that's why probably the trade-off here is 2 for 1) so that should she really leave, there are people to take over.)

from yesterday's twitter updates from hyomin where she posted a photo of them in 'catwoman' costumes, she questioned if they are able to be the 'infinity challenge' of the music industry, with eunjung and boram declaring their love for t-ara. could it mean that they already know drastic changes are gonna be made to their current direction and that's why they are cherishing the moments they have now? =(

this is again, let me reiterate that it's based on purely WILD GUESSES and there is NO MALICE towards any of the members at all (especially soyeon since she was mentioned so explicitly here [she's my favorite member btw]).

i feel really bad for tara unnies as they have worked so hard to reach this point, where they are so famous. and KKS is just going to let this two new girls in and enjoy the fame our 7ara worked their ass off to acheive. not that its the two new girls' fault, but i just cant get over the fact that someone else is going to enjoy something they did not even worked for.

Well trainees work really hard for several years to get the chance to debut. Not to mention a lot of them don't actually get the opportunity to do so. Consequently these two new girls are very lucky to debut in a group that is at the top of it's popularity and success alright. The whole thing is pretty unorthodox indeed.

Seriously is there anything the fans can do to stop his nonsense?

For the international fans, unfortunately no.

I can't be sure what the Korean fans would do but I'm highly certain that the more extremist ones (a.k.a sasaeng fans) are probably planning something nasty for him. Death threats in the form of letters, texts or phone calls, vandalizing his car or even just throwing a punch or two. While T-ara's fandom is quite small compared to those of SNSD, Big Bang, 2NE1, DBSK, SuJu etc., it's still at the least tens of thousands, minus the international fans. Given their boost in popularity over the recent months, the number of fans would have increased undoubtedly - that I'm positively sure about.

And that's quite a lot of people still - enough for a couple of extreme fans to pop up anyway.

To a lesser degree, the sasaeng fans of SNSD (Sones) would also probably do something similar - worst case scenario, they'll have their crosshairs aimed not only at KKS but at the members of T-ara as well (and let's hope that the latter does not happen because the girls are already being mistreated in an atrocious level). And of course, a fan war between Sones and Diadems would erupt inevitably, if not already - and frankly, the Sones aren't really a group I'd want to go up against - whether it be with my own fists or on the keyboard with a screen in front of me.

Not saying the whole thing will indefinitely occur, but it cannot be ruled off for sure. Anyone catching up with Kpop news would know how dangerous and scary sasaeng fans can be (and fandoms in general, not to mention antis/haters). While I do not condone their heinous actions, personally I think KKS is an exception.

yeah i think ccm going to make t-ara like snsd since i read in newspaper yesterday one of the two girls is EX girl generation member O.o

If the rumor of taking ex-SNSD members is true,then,we can guess who is one of the new members.

I believe most of us know SNSD was supposed to debut with 12 members,and the remaining three are - Park Soyeon,Heo Chanmi and Stella Kim.

Well,we can ruled out Park Soyeon since - she's already the leader and main vocalist of T-ara,LOL.

Chanmi is the vocalist of Co-ed School.So,if it's her,Co-ed = minus one main vocalist.

Stella Kim left to pursue universities studies in the United States.I don't think she's coming back to Korea and debut with T-ara.But,of course,there's a possibility too,though it's only a slight chance.

However,it's only a rumor and nothing is being confirm yet.This is only a speculation.

Aigoo!!!! i would rather have the other members improve their singing abilities...however it takes a mightly long time to training vocals up to high standards...he still has the last call....so i can only hope that t-ara really becomes better this way...and these girls get more than now! Fighting! :)

Aigoo... So confused right now... I can see where KKS is coming from, but that doesn't mean that we fans like and support his decision right? Why add 2 more members when the current 7 already has uneven spotlights? Is this like the Hunger Games where you fight for yourself? It's a girl GROUP, for goodness sake, not wartime. Give those that are lacking some vocal training, and reduce their workload, that way, they can rest and also improve on their singing. No need to put in 2 more people and cut off the original members' lines! After all, T-ara isn't known for their vocals, but their catchy and loveable songs! You're the CEO and you don't know?! Look at BPBP, Roly Poly and Lovey Dovey. You want strong vocals? Then put a whole bunch of people with good voices together and debut them and let them sing ballads, and you'll get it. How demoralising you are you failure of a CEO. No one gives a hoot about your 30 years of experience!

j

I hope at the release of their new album, Qri and Boram will get more lines, and so will Eunjung. It's not like they can't sing. Oh, and I hope Jiyeon dino remains the maknae too!

Make full use of allthe talent in 7-ara, they have great voices. Don't regret it when everything comes crumbling down on you one day, KKS!

I'll always support 7-ara! I guess I'll try to adapt to the other 2, but if I can't, who cares? :) 7-ara, Hwaiting!

Hmm that's not so bad when the girls have amazing voices... I'm a big fan of T-ara but in my opinion they need someone with a awesome voice like JeA from Brown Eyed Girls, Haeri from Davichi, Taeyeon from SNSD or Gayoon from 4minute. Soyeon and Hyomin have great voices, too, but not so amazing like the examples. It is only my opinion as a KING.

To a lesser degree, the sasaeng fans of SNSD (Sones) would also probably do something similar - worst case scenario, they'll have their crosshairs aimed not only at KKS but at the members of T-ara as well (and let's hope that the latter does not happen because the girls are already being mistreated in an atrocious level). And of course, a fan war between Sones and Diadems would erupt inevitably, if not already - and frankly, the Sones aren't really a group I'd want to go up against - whether it be with my own fists or on the keyboard with a screen in front of me.

A war against the Sones?!! LOL. There would be no chance for us. We would be overwhelm just by the sheer number of them.

A war against the Sones?!! LOL. There would be no chance for us. We would be overwhelm just by the sheer number of them.

Which is why I said that they're a group I really wouldn't want to go up against. It's not just the numbers that frighten me - it's their behavior. And of course, it won't just be the Diadems that will be hit - if anything, the T-ara members are the ones who should really be on their guard in case the Sones lash out.

9 members? now it'll stir up the NETIZENS that'll say KKS is trying to form his next SNSD.

What's the issue about Soo carrying all the burden vocally? What about Eunjung and Hyomin? Their vocals are worthy and just a little more improvement they'll be perfect..

What're you gonna do with EJ , hyomin , Q,ri and Boram? Make em look like Back up Dancers?!! WTH..

I don't really get the point of adding members, All i get on this decision is KKS is trying to make his own SNSD.

T-ARA is DIFFERENT FROM SNSD! >.<

9 members? now it'll stir up the NETIZENS that'll say KKS is trying to form his next SNSD.

What's the issue about Soo carrying all the burden vocally? What about Eunjung and Hyomin? Their vocals are worthy and just a little more improvement they'll be perfect..

What're you gonna do with EJ , hyomin , Q,ri and Boram? Make em look like Back up Dancers?!! WTH..

I don't really get the point of adding members, All i get on this decision is KKS is trying to make his own SNSD.

T-ARA is DIFFERENT FROM SNSD! >.<

Mate, I believe it already has stirred up the netizens to accuse KKS of making a CCM version of SNSD (or more specifically, HIS version of SNSD since the possibility of the company's managers of being opposed to such a move cannot be ruled out).

I'd be more worried of how the Sones will react, as well as SM's response in both the short and long run - Sones are likely to cause some major trouble and fanwars soon, if not already, while SM might as well try to get SNSD or SuJu to promote something big at roughly the same time T-ara's second album and Japanese tour begins. One can even argue that KKS has more or less declared war on SM, with T-ara at the frontline, going up against SNSD. If this is true, things are gonna get real ugly.

i dont like this at all

its really good just to have 7 awesome girls in a group

but its one thing that kinda makes me mad and that is that they want to bring along to more girls so they can "help" soyeon unnie with the her singing burden (because she does sing the most)

why dont they just give the other girls of the group more singing lines instead?

they are SINGERS too and pretty good singers

!! its really not fair at all

but im gona give the two new girls a chance to be the new t-ara members

but for now all i can say that iam not happy :(

God I hate fanwars...now I want Tara to just leave the frigging company and let KKS fight his own stupid battles himself. Honestly, wtf if this? Why is Tara even running a risk of getting blamed for this, when all this is KKS's fault? If I were SME, I would just quickly try and take over the group, seriously, instead of just wasting time with fanwars. Not like KKS even utilises his talented idols.

I saw this report which quote SoYeon and EunJung's response to the members being added: http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=5343

EunJung says: “If it’s an opportunity to help show an improved and more mature side of us, we will accept it and work harder to show a better side of us.”

I swear they are already quite mature and to say those statements make them even more mature and I don't know how much harder they can possibly work with their already hectic schedule!

T-ara hwaiting!

If CCM wanted to make T-ara more vocally talented, just take out Qri and Boram, honestly and turn them into actresses or something. CCM only put Hwayoung in T-ara to lower the age average, so why didn't they just take out Qri and Boram? I don't have anything against them, but they really don't do much in T-ara except for doing the occasional "yeah yeah" in their songs. Adding two new members is just going to screw T-ara up even more -.-

OMG he’s like literally screaming out loud ‘T-ARA CAN’T SING FOR xxxx! That’s why I’m adding two new talented members’ I CAN’T EVEN! HE SUCH A DOUCHEBAG , how the hell can you manage a group if you don’t have faith in them and their talent? How is that even possible? Did he forget that T-ara got like 3 amazing and strong vocals, Soyeon isn’t the only strong one Mr.! There is Eunjung that you seem to completely take off the hook! Jiyeon & Boram can take off perfectly the soft parts but if you had just challenged their vocals a bit you’d see that they have the potential needed. Hwayoung? She’s one of the fiercest rapper I’ve seen in Kpop AND she’s totally passionate about rap…so why can’t you make them songs that SHOWCASE their talent instead of ALWAYS STICKING TO THE CATCHY? Because it’s the safest choice. Because he just doesn’t have the faith in those girls. I’m so disgusted right now, I FREAKING HATE HIM! He doesn’t deserve those girls nor does he deserve my money! They’re better off without him…clearly

Well, if those new girls are going to rap in addition to singing, I'm gonna hate the new line-up

The only good point about there being the new girls is that soyeon won't be as tired.

But if they rap, then I'm gonna hate it

Hwayoung Hyomin and Eunjung are the resident rappers

They can't replace these girls

Mate, I believe it already has stirred up the netizens to accuse KKS of making a CCM version of SNSD (or more specifically, HIS version of SNSD since the possibility of the company's managers of being opposed to such a move cannot be ruled out). I'd be more worried of how the Sones will react, as well as SM's response in both the short and long run - Sones are likely to cause some major trouble and fanwars soon, if not already, while SM might as well try to get SNSD or SuJu to promote something big at roughly the same time T-ara's second album and Japanese tour begins. One can even argue that KKS has more or less declared war on SM, with T-ara at the frontline, going up against SNSD. If this is true, things are gonna get real ugly.

That's good imagination!

But in the event SM does do that, pitting GG and SuJu against T-ARA, it's almost 100% certain that T-ARA will lost to the two other groups

If CCM wanted to make T-ara more vocally talented, just take out Qri and Boram, honestly and turn them into actresses or something. CCM only put Hwayoung in T-ara to lower the age average, so why didn't they just take out Qri and Boram? I don't have anything against them, but they really don't do much in T-ara except for doing the occasional "yeah yeah" in their songs. Adding two new members is just going to screw T-ara up even more -.-

The thing is they can't remove them because

1) Qri's fans including those ahjussi(s) will storm into CCS's building and create some mess

2) Qri's fans will be joined by Boram's father with some very influential people from the industry behind him. This will definitely turn CCM's building upside down

3) There will be no suitable 'candidates' to sing those 'yeah, yeah', 'oh uh' lines anymore cause basically Qri and Boram have been doing this for a very long time which means they are already expert in singing those lines?

To be honest, although Qri and Boram's singing lines are next to non-existence but they are still important in T-ARA in my opinion. For instance, I appreciate Qri and Boram's singing in cute songs like O My God. I don't think anybody in the group can sing in a cute manner as the both of them. In Cry Cry, besides Hyomin's stick and Jiyeon's "deep in your eyes", the next thing that attracts me in their live performance is Qri's "Hey T-ARA" (opening) and her "SHHHHH !! T-ARA, time to love" (closing). For me she absolutely killed it with that SHHH !!! T-ARA, time to love as their closing line.

Talking about visual, Qri serves as one of the visuals of the group. Her image as the ice cold princess who doesn't talk a lot gives me a mysterious vibe which makes me want to know more about her (I watch Pretty Boy for T-ara). Although Boram serves as the visual of the group in a different way and to a lesser degree compared to Qri, Boram is super cute for her age and not to mention when you see 7 people on stage and there's one short little girl look-alike, people go, "Oh, that's T-ARA because there's the shortest member of the group".