Diadem Forums

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

xxxiang

Lol seriously imo, they focus too much on Soyeon when it comes to vocals and too much on Jiyeon when it comes to MVs.

Just balance it out and it will be fine, adding 2 members will definitely decrease T-ara's popularity due to unhappy fans.

And don't you dare replace any members ffs, it will suck real bad if any of them is missing.

One thing I'd like to point out- how do we know that these two new members have fantastic vocals anyway? My opinion of really good vocals is, like, at the standard of Soyeon/Taeyeon/Krystal etc. What if KKS is dumping us a singer like, say Sooyoung or Yuri(no offence meant, but they can't really sing), and saying that they are good? Honestly, all this crap about lessening the burden is just an excuse to dump in new members, so for all we know, the two new members might actually not have vocals that are that good anyway.

Having said that, I'd like to point out when hwayoung joined the group- KKS's excuse then was to 'lower the average age'. There was a HUGE uproar because of that. My guess? KKS learnt his lesson, and he's using another, perhaps false reason to dump members into the team.

Furthermore, if he really wanted to lessen soyeon's burden, he would just give the lines to the other members. Hyomin and Eunjung may not be at the level of main vocalists like Taeyeon or Krystal, but the two of them are still pretty good, better at singing than many other girl group members. Although Hyomin's distribution has still been pretty fair, but Eunjung has hardly been getting any lines in their recent songs. And let's all not forget Qri, Jiyeon and Boram, who supposedly 'can't sing'. I think that's just xxxx. I agree, the three of them aren't exactly the best singers around, nor are they at the standard of Hyomin and eunjung. But anyone who has heard Jiyeon's solo osts should and would be able to tell that she is able to sing, and her singing isn't that poor either. The reason why people think they can't sing is really just because they aren't even given the freaking chance, so naturally everyone would assume that they usually don't sing much cos they can't sing.

Baseline is, KKS thinks that everyone's just a bunch of idiots who'll blindly follow what he says. Really, at this point I hope that Jiyeon, Eunjung and Qri will just leave the team. Jiyeon and Eunjung can just debut as solo singers or actresses, and I think they'll do fantastic. Qri can debut as an actress too. I think anything would be better than staying and suffering such indignation from that stupid KKS

Excellent post. We really can't tell if the new members are actually talented and if they're singing capability is subpar like those you mentioned, it'll be an even more terrible disappointment. If he actually had eyes to see who has talent, he wouldn't have added Qri or Boram in the first place prior to the group's debut.

Regarding the reason for adding Hwa Young, I'd also point out that it was a huge failure - I mean, lowering the average age? Anyone can see that only Ji Yeon and Hwa are the only ones that haven't turned 20 and the rest are already approaching their mid 20s, some already having done so. It didn't really solve anything other than making him look like a nutjob whose words don't make much sense (and suffice to say, it would be miracle if he whatever horsesh!t he says ever makes any sense at all).

I'd have to disagree with Ji Yeon being an ok singer or becoming a successful solo singer though - yes, she has done OSTs but then again, the guys in charge of production have the technology to make her singing sound perfect before releasing the song, not to mention she's never performed any of her OSTs on live (and when she and So Yeon performed 'What Should We Finish', she didn't sound too great). Furthermore, it's not as if singing was something she was passionate about in the first place.

Conclusively, she may have the potential, but she still needs more serious and adequate training as well as motivation - something very, very likely CCM hasn't bothered to do.

It's not that the current line-up doesn't have strong vocals. It's that the song wasn't evenly distributed. The 'problem' doesn't get solved by adding members. I totally understood the addition of Hwayoung but this one, I'm gonna have to watch the new members to see if I agree with the addition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the new girls could be call Pace maker . They are here to make the old member are more competitive ?

I always have that feeling that the old T-ara members will have some hard feeling towards the two new members.I don't know about them but if I were them,I'll sure as hell will feel the same way. (Pardon my limited English,I've been repeating "feel" three times :P )

To be honest,Boram,Qri and Hwayoung's lines in songs won't really get affected by the addition because well,they already have lesser lines and sadly in most songs,they are barely noticeable....coughcrycrycough...(I can't say much about our actresses because sometimes their lines can be a bit on and off.(But,Eunjung do get lesser lines after Hwayoung was added)

On the contrary,Soyeon and most likely Hyomin will be terribly affected by it.Especially since KKS said the two members are vocally good (But then again,I can't really jump into conclusion because I haven't heard them singing).Let's just hope they can really sing.KKS once said T-ara will come back with a stronger image with the addition of Hwayoung but we all know that YaYaYa was NOT a stronger image whatsoever.

(p/s:I saw your reply on YouTube.Glad you noticed me :lol: )

So, it sounds like the 2 new members will 'help' Soyeon - meaning, she'll sing less. He's basically going to give them lines because they're good singers.

Honestly, Boram and Qri aren't getting many lines. Jiyeon's lines decreased. Hwayoung shared the rapping position with Hyomin and Eunjung. Personally, I think Hyomin and Eunjung were fine as rappers, didn't need more. <_< So, same to this. If you want to 'help' Soyeon, then give the other current members more parts. If their singing isn't good enough for you, then practice, practice, practice. Give them more lessons if you have to. If they're not good singers at all (of course they're good, don't get me wrong), then why did you add them?!

Honestly, this man is driving us nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest audiferari

UPDATE : So we know who is the 2 member are ( even though is it just rumors ). A 14year girl who miraculeosly found by KKS at the STREET !!! He even doesn't know that girl can dance or even sing, and he's "blindly" place her in t-ara just like that. WTF to that ahjusshi !!! Another girls ( rumor ) are CCM trainee. I'm still confuse, from what way they can bring t-ara step up to next level ? seriously I don't get what KKS have in mind ( I hope this is just his temporary mentally breakdown state .*pray* ). The Point Is : " What The Roles Of The New 2 Member " ? : I'LL SAY THEY WILL BE JUST BACKGROUND DANCER WITH FEW LINES TO SING. Their roles will be last untill 6 month , after that their roles will be same like others, support vocal with few lines to sing. I seriously doubt that their vocal strong enough to compete with Soyeon as main vocalist.

• 2 weeks later...

wooah, i've been out for a long long time and T-ara is having two new member already?!

i'm shocked... impressed... i don't know. probabily just curious :D

the thing is, i don't understand this statement. i mean, doesn't eunjung has the "same" vocal abilities has soyeon? don't know why they don't use her more... maybe because of her busy acting schedule?! hum, what a pity, she's such a nice singer.

besides, as far as i've seen, most of them have good voices when going solo, i think they should promote that instead of bringing in two new members, though i don't think they're totally wrong.

well, can't wait to see them new members :D

• 2 weeks later...