Diadem Forums

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

xxxiang

[12.04.06] What's the role of the 2 new members of T-ara?

a>

Changes that will be made to girl group T-ara have been revealed. The current 7 members will be strengthen by the addition of 2 more members, forming a 9 member girl group.

Kim Kwangsoo, T-ara and Core Contents Media's CEO revealed to "DISPATCH' on the 5th that T-ara will have 2 new members and will operate as a 9 member girl group.

What's the rationale behind the 9 member T-ara? Kim Kwang Soo revealed that this was a decision so as to help T-ara solidify its position in the music industry. Adding in 2 members who are outstanding in their singing abilities is to help them fulfill their role as singers even better in the future.

This is also to bring about a breathe of fresh air into the group, as Lead Vocalist Soyeon usually carries most of the responsibilities in singing when the group is promoting. The 2 new member will help to reduce the burden on Soyeon. Furthermore, with an even stronger vocal line, T-ara will have more choices when it comes to songs in the future.

Kim KwangSoo added that "The 2 new members are around the same age as the current members and brought about even more harmony to the current team." and "The new members are good in singing, that's why there are invited to join and help T-ara grow and develop as singers".

T-ara also added their 7th member Hwayoung in July 2010 on their initial 6 member foundation.

Translated by: xxxiang@Diadem

As usual my translation might be a bit off but main meaning is there.

http://news.nate.com.../20120406n19312

would you mind translating this article (or just summarizing main points??) it seems to be criticising the decision to add 2 members - i'm curious to know what media outlets think about KKS's decision

they dint even bother to give hwayoung and qri more lines, wth and are boram gna do man

stand there n dance? gave the 2 new members alot of lines. hmmm

please balance things out for tara. i really hope the new members are talented and get alot of attention coz if not, its almost like 4 or 5 if them arent as popular, just jiyeon taking all attention as main dancer.

I hope t-ara will succeed and do really well adding them in, atleast it will help soyeon out coz she is singing in everything, giving her a break. nothing we can do about this. all i can say is...

Tara fighting! goodluck ^_^

is dispatch not a reliable news reporting site?

Some Korean sources look down on them. It's because they rely even on edited audios :P

I saw a vid at a T-ara Citrine group at FB with 2 trainees. They are in a show with T-ara. One is Song Ah Reum while the other one is Choi So Eun. I wonder if they are the 2 people to be added O.O

that is actually good news.

probably its only me who felt that soyeon gets to sing a lot more in each song as compared to the other members. and not that i'm talking down on the other members, but its quite evident that soyeon never seemed to be able to take a break since i think the other members might not be able to sing as well as her (ok i feel that actually hyomin is the closest to her vocal abilities but not as good in control, while eunjung is just a little behind hyomin in terms of control).

don't get me wrong, i love soyeon (she's my fav member =D ) but i guess she needs somebody else who can help sing her lines if she is unable to perform for some reason [remember recently when she was on crutches and still had to be on stage to sing? =( ]. i hope those 2 will just be able to do that.

and as for the line distribution, i feel just like everyone of u, but i think the amount that boram and qri, hwayoung and the rest will be singing should remain the same, if not, similar. the only difference will be the amount of singing that soyeon and hyomin will do, which will most likely be distributed to the 2 new members.

also, remember "good person"? probably with more singers in the group, we will get to hear more ballads like that in the future too! so it's not all a bad addition i think.

no worries guys! if SNSD can get each of their members a couple of lines in each song, T-ara will be able to do so too! =)

kks is talking nonsense here

sounds like the 2 new members are here to save t-ara

but t-ara is already a well known girl group without these two girls

why he never appreciate what t-ara did for him

he is definitely wasting the talent of existing t-ara member

i wish t-ara can leave CCM once their contract end

i think its better if KKS want to put another member inside of T-ara, just make a sub group than put 2 more girls in to this main group. just make sub that speciality at high notes song or a ballad songs. T-ara we know as Dance songs GirlsGroups. then they want to add a singer in good voice like soyeon? its mean another soyeon? OMG!! as a good fans i just can support them. poor my hwayoung. even until today her part is still so less...

Some Korean sources look down on them. It's because they rely even on edited audios :P

I saw a vid at a T-ara Citrine group at FB with 2 trainees. They are in a show with T-ara. One is Song Ah Reum while the other one is Choi So Eun. I wonder if they are the 2 people to be added O.O

or maybe they're part of the new 7 member group that is going to europe with t-ara?

i think that all 7 members have their own singing talent but KKS is so stupid that he gave the every line in a song not equal at all.

so obviously soyeon will burden more as her vocal is powerful..all of them are so talented..i don't understand with that stupid guy mind..what wiil happen to T-ara future????

Cant KKS at least give Jiyeon more lines...???

although Her voice not as good as Soyeon...

But I think it's unique....

even... Jiyeon get 3 OST in Dream High 2!!!!

Even.... JYP trust on her.....

Err didn't you listen to their "Black Eyes" mini's album?

They should just give more lines to the others, especially eunjung.. Anyone who's listened to the first album will know eunjungs voice is not bad. But she hardly gets any lines now...especially when the rap is given to huayong now. Just train the other members vocals and let them develop instead of making them stand around while giving the new members all the lines and screen time

instead of spending billions on making videos , why don't send that you asshole consider weak singer to trained under good vocal teacher ? omg , i cant even T_T

Those who are saying he can make them take vocal lessons. Look at their schedule, it's packed ! The girls are exhausted. When will they have time to improve vocally to reach the standard KKS want them to? It's impossible. He's too hard on them. I'm surprised they didn't all collapse yet.

Maybe the addition of two members was the best alternative to not lose face since he doesn't have the guts to kick out anyone. It's KKS's own fault, in the first place for picking members that he now finds unapt at singing and that isn't afraid to bash for their lack of abilities.

Let's face it. Soyeon is the best singer and no one is close to her in terms of singing abilities, that's why she sings that much. If she's unable to perform, I don't know who in the group could possibly fill in for her. Imo, no one even Hyomin, lead vocalist, can't. The rest are pushed in the background, either vocalists or rappers. It means singing parts will be divided for 3/4 members now. I don't want to lose my favourite or any member at that, so I'll deal with the 2 new members. If they can evolve musically. I'll deal with it. For me, it's better than seeing one of them leave to be replaced.

I hope they won't take it too hard. I'll still support them.

KKS - you are basically dissing T-ara. You are saying that they are not good singers!?!? and that with the 2 new singers, it will vastly improve their popularity?

mmm....T_T

wouldn't it be pretty cool if the two girls from Davichi were the new members of T-ara? :P

on another note...if these two new girls are such great singers, why don't you invest the time and money in developing them SEPARATELY instead of latching onto the success of T-ara?

This is bullsh... There must be another reason behind the change. Hyomin can perfectly sing too, they are good enough with Soyeon & Hyomin as the main vocals. Now what will Boram and Qri do? Just dance in the back? I guess he is doing it for make them competitive. This could destroy T-ara, honestly.

So what's the point of having members like Qri and Boram who rarely get a line in all of their songs ? Are they just going up to the stage to stand right there smiling to the audience ?

visuals + backup vocals & dancers. that's what u get when ur in a girl group i guess. not everybody is able to play the important role because there can only be this much a group can contain. somebody's gotta be the "flower vase". and isn't it better that they are still in t-ara rather than getting an unjustified boot for how much they've suffered to bring the group to this status?

visuals + backup vocals & dancers. that's what u get when ur in a girl group i guess. not everybody is able to play the important role because there can only be this much a group can contain. somebody's gotta be the "flower vase". and isn't it better that they are still in t-ara rather than getting an unjustified boot for how much they've suffered to bring the group to this status?

To me, it seems more like KKS is pressuring Boram and Qri to leave sooner or later. Obviously he won't make himself look good if he kicks them out so he's taking a more slower and cautious way.

It seems to me he is far more interested on T-Ara as a Trademark than on the girls themselves as artists, though I really don't get the logic he's following. Take a bunch of unknown girls, make them super popular and beloved, put them in the spotlight, and then start displacing them and humiliating them in public media while all their fans watch, to the point the "hitler" jokes and the fandom clamoring for them to give you the finger and hit the road is now standard procedure? In which world does "Those girls you all love and idolize can't sing for peanuts, LOL, I'm giving their lines to a bunch of newcomers." make any sense? Thirty years of experience my tail. @_@

I have never seen a CEO who managed to get as much hate to himself and his company as this guy has, and considering the kind of jerk ass behaviour CEOs usually have to indulge in that's saying something. I hope something long, sharp, pointy, and barbed finds its way up his backdoor. Totally by accident, of course.

if the 2 new member are good at singing then boram and qri will get lesser lines than what they have right now,,,

it maybe good for soyeon but not for the others,,,

kks should split the lines evenly for the current member not give it to new member,,, it just wrong,,,

It seems to me he is far more interested on T-Ara as a Trademark than on the girls themselves as artists, though I really don't get the logic he's following. Take a bunch of unknown girls, make them super popular and beloved, put them in the spotlight, and then start displacing them and humiliating them in public media while all their fans watch, to the point the "hitler" jokes and the fandom clamoring for them to give you the finger and hit the road is now standard procedure? In which world does "Those girls you all love and idolize can't sing for peanuts, LOL, I'm giving their lines to a bunch of newcomers." make any sense? Thirty years of experience my tail. @_@

I have never seen a CEO who managed to get as much hate to himself and his company as this guy has, and considering the kind of jerk ass behaviour CEOs usually have to indulge in that's saying something. I hope something long, sharp, pointy, and barbed finds its way up his backdoor. Totally by accident, of course.

Such logic exists only in his world - which is at best, cuckoo land. His excuse of having 30 years experience is no doubt just a shield to justify whatever horsesh!t he says in front of the reporters - he's used it many, many times, even against KARA when they filed a lawsuit against DSP a while back.