Diadem Forums

[12.04.11] T-ara signs a separate contract with an agency specialized in acting

nathaniel

[12.04.11] T-ara signs a separate contract with an agency specialized in acting

2012041106404481941_1.jpg

Girl group T-ara has signed an exclusive contract with an Management Koo, an agency specializing in acting management.

Management Koo revealed the reason they signed the contracts and said on the 11th, "All of T-ara members have been working hard become the best actresses. Not only in Korea, but in Japan and other Asian markets, T-ara are consistently becoming more popular as singers and actresses."

"Compared to other groups, each T-ara member has their own image. In the future, the members plan to be more structured and take on a more active acting schedule, and because of their future plans, we made the contracts with them."

T-ara members are active as singers under Core Contents Media, but their agency decided to give them the help of a professional agency to help them develop their acting careers further.

Management Koo has a system where they help their actors and actresses get professional help in letting their popularity grow in a variety of different acting fields. Their actors and actresses are able to go through smooth casting systems, while being able to get the opportunity to choose the roles of their choice, as well as rights to their modeling/image and various other fields. Management Koo in the future plans to go into film and drama production as well.

Meanwhile, T-ara will begin new album activities in June and then celebrate their 3-year anniversary with their first solo concert and then go on a nationwide tour in Japan.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120411n02367

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Guest Princess Unicorn

Why don't they also signs with an agency specialized in singing too instead of CCM? LOL :D

T-ara,when your contracts expired,just leave CCM,'kay!

Their contracts are probably 5+ years. They've only been under CCM 3 years. I don't think they'll wait around to move agencies. Most likely, if they want to move as a whole, they'd have to wait for it to expire or file for termination of their contract so they can legally move to another agency.

Then again this is speculation.. I really do want T-ara to move together to another agency. CCM clearly doesn't know how to appreciate their own artists or manage them properly.

Good! Less control for CCM and more for T-ara. I like how it was laid out that they have 'rights'. Now if we can get CCM to say the same thing in their contracts, then we can all sleep happier.

I'm very excited to see not just T-ara as a group in the acting industry, but themselves individually. I'd like to see what kind of improvements and services this new company can provide.

Their actors and actresses are able to go through smooth casting systems, while being able to get the opportunity to choose the roles of their choice, as well as rights to their modeling/image and various other fields.

Nothing in life is ever that easy.

And all things point to Management Koo just being another daughter-company to CCM.

Hopefully he actually had a hand in acting management with talent like Hwang Jung Eum.

ouwhh.. hope not just in acting skill..

"All of T-ara members have been working hard become the best actresses. T-ara are consistently becoming more popular as singers and actresses."

...their agency decided to give them the help of a professional agency to help them develop their acting careers further.

Management Koo has a system where they help their actors and actresses get professional help in letting their popularity grow in a variety of different acting fields.

..singing skill, pls!!

T-ara truly amazing!!

I wish the article said T-ara sign with a different agency and leave CCM lol...They shouldnt stay with that evil CEO and CCM, they are all talented girls who worked really hard. Hope this Management Koo will treat them better and utilize their talents. I dont want to see another KKS and CCM treating them like their working slaves.

This is an interesting news, hope to see more dramas from T-ara. I want to see Eunjung have a lead in a drama soon!!! So does Jiyeon. Best wish to T-ara :).

is this management company new? is it a company under CCM...or is it an outside company...i hope they get to act soon, although didnt they announce a temporary halt to all acting activities for 2012 to focus on singing?

Edit:

read from a Chinese article that Management Koo was opened in March by the managers of several established actors!

Ahaha, my eyes almost fooled me (after a long day at work), I thought it was saying that T-ara found a different agency and signed with them, made me go "Huh?" xD

Well, since reading that article, it seems like they're going to get more training as actresses, it doesn't seem like they'll be participating in dramas for 2012, but who knows!

But i'm looking forward to their next drama, in 2013. After a long break, but who am i kidding? ._.

its a bit off topic, but has soyeon done acting? i never saw her acting ,,,

i really anticipating her acting in drama or movie,,, :D

Hurm,as far as I know,she never participate in any drama or movies.Even if she had,it's only a cameo that appear about 10 minutes overall.Besides,I don't remember her saying she wanna be an actress and it seems that acting isn't a job that she's eager to do since she's more tend to the singing career.More over,she said that apart from singing,she wanna be a radio DJ or MC.So,that's why Soyeon is really outspoken and talks a lot :P

Hmm, I'm a bit skeptical about this.

CCM clearly stated that the girls won't be doing any acting for 2012, and yet they're signed into an agency specializing in acting management? Possibly, it could be to hone So Yeon, Ji Yeon, Eun Jung and Hyomin's acting in preparation for the Roly Poly 2 musical scheduled for June. If that's the case, then the girls' workload has only increased by another load. On the other side of the coin, it would at least give Boram and Qri some decent chance of having to do something to get some spotlight - though with the Japanese tour and second album only a few months away, they'd also have to deal with choreography practicing as well as interviews, CFs and God-knows-what-else-that-can-increase-your-workload crap.

Furthermore, is Management Koo a company really that can resist heavy pressure from KKS? Or is it just a subsidiary behind the scenes? Or is it a company that just kisses up to KKS's ass? Only time will tell, I guess.