Diadem Forums

[12.04.25] Video - Japanese "Lovey-Dovey"

nathaniel

Haha. Since the first photos showed up, people been saying it looked like this stuff was produced on the cheap, and this sure won't change anyone's minds.

Sorry if I don't devote much depth to this, but on first blush...

As is often the case, the original lyrics are expressed more effectively, though the insertions of English (in the chorus) sound very good ("rescue me" in particular) - or maybe I'm just overreacting to Eunjung's look when she says "my heart." Anyway, other than the linguistic stuff, the song is technically sound.

The chorus cuts too rapidly, making it hard to understand what the dance routine is - can you imagine if you didn't already know what the dance looked like? I understand it's not a very challenging routine but a lot of the charm of the song is tied up in that little shuffle - and the editing doesn't replace anything in place of seeing them do the dance. For that matter, I can hardly remember what any of the dancing actually looks like in this video, for whatever reason.

Also, during Hwayoung's little part, the two identical-looking cuts of Boram going "woo woo woo woo woo."

But the ending is very very cute. Watching them sing and dance off like that, it's really cute. There's something poignant to it, though, especially when one is reminded of their predicament in general (with their company) and of the coming changes in particular. All in all, those last ten seconds or so are the best part of the mv by far.

are all Japanese MV's this low quality? like seriously, i could make a better looking MV than this =_=

Some parts just looks so cheap...>->;; Whoever made this was probably on an extremely tight budget or is just a cheapskate!

As for the song, it's alright, but it sounds 'slow' to me. The tempo isn't as fast as the Korean version... meh. Still loving it XD

I noticed all of T-ara japanese MVs except Bo Peep Bo Peep (actually that's their best jap. MV IMO) have no storyline nor good quality MV IMHO. But still IT'S T-ARA,guys! I'll always support them whatsoever. Way to go,girls! B)

Yeah, I agree. I think Bo Peep Bo Peep is actually their best jap MV and I even think that it is better than the korean version.

The song is NICE in my opinion. Just try to not look at the MV and listen to the song instead and then play the song on repeat. It sounds better for me than looking at the MV and listening to the song.

About the MV, to be honest, the quality is below average. The lighting is so dark that it seriously looks like they film it in an underground tunnel because CCM either wants to save money or they have no money to find a better place to film the music video. Anyway, the plus sides of the music video are

a) the girls look like they are enjoying themselves

B) they look pretty and cool

c) the ENDING !!! :wub:

Not to mention that Eunjung and Boram got more lines and screen time !!! I feel like they basically cut Jiyeon's lines and her screen time to "near to non-existent". And is it me that she looks the least enthusiastic in the mv?

i like this mv because they are very beautiful in here and they are having so much fun (at least to me)... and there are many hwayoung shots! :) even though it looks cheap, i think this will sell a lot in Japan. they don't need to make an mv that is like the korean one because Japanese peeps can also watch that.

....Is it safe to say that I'm very disappointed before I get bashed by everyone else?

The whole MV looked rather cheap and by the looks of it, on a rather tight budget (really, should I blame EMI or CCM for this?). If the latter is true, why? Too much money spent on filming that MV for the Gang Kids and the trip to Europe? Honestly, this makes the Japanese version of BPBP look like a masterpiece (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like BPBP very much).

Hell, I might as well say that during the trip to Europe, they got permission from the German government to break into Hitler's underground bunker, give it a good clean-up and just filmed the MV there. And what's up with the quality of the video?

Only watched till 1:44 before I lost interest and went "Oh good golly...why did I even bother"

On the plus side - Boram actually got more screen time. Yes, she ACTUALLY got more SCREEN TIME.

That I give credit for but other than that, this MV's really a disappointment, at least for me anyway.

One thing I'm glad abt the Japanese version of Lovey Dovey MV is they din take from the original MV and js freaking replace wif Japanese tunes... phew~ Same goes for Boram.. well, atleast in the MV each of them has EQUAL screentime more or less... ;) but still ... normal problem still existed: Lines~ Agree ryt? :P

"chotto Lovey Dovey", "My heart" , "Rescue Me" ehehe.. :P yea, sort of addicted already.. oh boy.. SOyeon's killer wink, Eunjung's aegyo+wink, Jiyeon's smile and gesture, Hwayoung's "gangster" ofcourse for the win!! xD

i can see Boram get more part,maybe because Boram & Qri has many fans in Japan(say in radio interview).....

I can imagine that they're bluffing, because they need to say Boram & Qri famous somewhere.

Not to mention that Eunjung and Boram got more lines and screen time !!! I feel like they basically cut Jiyeon's lines and her screen time to "near to non-existent". And is it me that she looks the least enthusiastic in the mv?

Yeah I also thinks Jiyeon doesn't look really enthusiastic. And it's obvious why.