Diadem Forums

[12.04.25] Video - Japanese "Lovey-Dovey"

nathaniel

Where is Jiyeon???? I almost can't see her?????...Less line & screen time?????????

So...sad. No wonder she look so sad after the vacation. But if we see at the Kpop member ranking

in Japan Jiyeon is TOP 50 and more popular then the others. Why??????

Where is Jiyeon???? I almost can't see her?????...Less line & screentime?????????

So...sad. No wonder she look so sad after the vacation. But if we see at the Kpop member ranking

Well, think again. Ji Yeon got far more screen time than Boram, Eun Jung and Qri in everything else.

It's a bit unfair for the other 3, don't you think?

Where is Jiyeon???? I almost can't see her?????...Less line & screen time?????????

Even if Jiyeon got lesser screen time and lesser lines in Lovey Dovey Japanese Version,she is undeniably the most popular member in T-ara with Eunjung comes very close behind her and I don't think the reduction of screen time gonna affect her population though.Or,in a nicer way of saying,her lines was given to the other member of T-ara who is underrated (or underexposed).

Oh,by the way,I don't think the reason she looked so sad after the vacation was because of this.In a more logic thinking,she and all of T-ara members were tired (and jet lagged,maybe) due to the photoshoot,documentation,music videos and more during their "so-called vacation" in Europe.

Well, think again. Ji Yeon got far more screen time than Boram, Eun Jung and Qri in everything else.

It's a bit unfair for the other 3, don't you think?

Yeah, I agree that Jiyeon got far more screen time in everything else. Just that with the sudden huge reduction in lines and screen time make Jiyeon fans like me a bit hard to accept since we are so used to her appearing here and there in most of their music videos. Now I know how fans of Boram, Qri, Hwayoung and even Eun Jung feel. I'm happy too that other underated members have more screen time and lines this time. :) I miss Eunjung's voice and now she's back !!!!

Even if Jiyeon got lesser screen time and lesser lines in Lovey Dovey Japanese Version,she is undeniably the most popular member in T-ara with Eunjung comes very close behind her and I don't think the reduction of screen time gonna affect her population though.Or,in a nicer way of saying,her lines was given to the other member of T-ara who is underrated (or underexposed).

Oh,by the way,I don't think the reason she looked so sad after the vacation was because of this.In a more logic thinking,she and all of T-ara members were tired (and jet lagged,maybe) due to the photoshoot,documentation,music videos and more during their "so-called vacation" in Europe.

In Korea, this is true. In Japan it is a different story. Just because Jiyeon is a hot commodity in Korea does not mean that it's the same case in other territories, and truth be told Qri and Boram seem to have their fair share of Japanese fans (hence why Boram received more lines and screen time this time around...if she gets shafted in Korea they usually make up for it by giving her more air time in Japan on their singles and videos...usually).

Anyways, on to the pros:

*Boram got more screen time. This was probably the biggest highlight of the video and song for me as I was getting really sick of seeing her pushed to the back and forgotten about. She sounded and looked good (well, as good as you're going to sound or look considering the quality of the video and song).

*Save for Jiyeon, all of the girls looked fantastic. Jiyeon just looked kind of disinterested and sounded as much. I think this whole mess regarding the member additions and KKS's ridiculous bully tactics have worn on her, probably moreso than some of the other girls. It's not surprising since she's still pretty young and probably isn't as adept at hiding her feelings as some of the others are.

*The ending was great, although a bit sad...I can't remember who said it but someone commenting on this article mentioned that there's a bit of poignancy to the ending as it kind of reflects the real-life situation the girls are in...this is probably the last time we'll see the seven of them as a whole unit before the changes KKS have been mentioning take effect. So to see them dancing off like that at the end is a bit sad...it's the last time T-ara will be known as 7-ara, and who knows what other changes will be taking effect.

Now for the cons:

*The lighting, editing, hell, the overall quality of the video was shoddy and not up to par with T-ara's Korean efforts or even their other Japanese efforts. While the video for J-Lies was kind of cheap looking, at least it was cheap looking in a pretty way. This is a dim, seizure inducing hot mess. You can't even really discern their shuffle dance due to all the quick cuts in the video.

*I'm not sure who's doing the blending and autotune for T-ara's Japanese tracks, but I just need to say that J-Roly-Poly and now J-Lovey-Dovey sound absolutely horrible, and this person needs to be fired, ASAP. They sound like they're singing karaoke over the instrumentals, and it sounds just as cheap as the video looks. To this day J-Yayaya sounds the best out of any of their Japanese tracks Japanese wise, which I guess isn't much of a stretch since the majority of the song is jibber-jabber anyways.

All in all I'd say this is their weakest Japanese effort to date, and it really pisses me off that so little thought is being put into their venture into the Japanese market. T-ara has all the hallmarks of being absolutely huge in Japan if properly managed, so to see CCM/EMI squander this golden opportunity all in the name of making a quick buck is frustrating to no end. I always thought T-ara would be one of the lucky ones who survived the inevitable K-Pop collapse in Japan once the Hallyu wave died down over there, but I'm not so sure at this point. They don't spend nearly as much time in Japan as they need to to cultivate a fanbase, and their Japanese material is as weak as their Korean material is strong. It needs to be said that I don't blame the girls for this at all, since none of it is in their control...it's just a shame that they're being so poorly managed, especially since they could easily one of the biggest girl groups in Asia if just given the right opportunities.

Or,in a nicer way of saying,her lines was given to the other member of T-ara who is underrated (or underexposed).

Right, so give the lines of the member who already got less line to the one with the lesser line and keep the lines of the member who already sings 80% of the song. Great logic. I can understand if Jiyeon's screentime is the only thing that they reduced, but her lines, seriously?!

Right, so give the lines of the member who already got less line to the one with the lesser line and keep the lines of the member who already sings 80% of the song. Great logic. I can understand if Jiyeon's screentime is the only thing that they reduced, but her lines, seriously?!

Who knows, this MV is probably the last time Boram ever gets to have some decent screentime before the member additions and promotion of the second album's title track occurs.

Ji Yeon's still the most popular member of T-ara to make up for lack of lines AND screentime. I don't see anyone else in T-ara overtaking her that way, minus Eun Jung.

Why take the lines from the best singers of a group to give them to the weakest ones?

In Lovey Dovey Jap version,yes,Jiyeon did got lesser lines because Boram took hers.However,do take notice that Jiyeon sang quite a lot of lines (minus the main and lead vocalist,of course because basically a better singer sing more lines) in Roly Poly Japanese version and Cry Cry (which Boram,Qri and Hwayoung or to an extent,even Eunjung didn't get any lines besides singing the narrative lines).

See,it's fair.

(p/s:I got confused when I read the first lines of your post,LOL.I hope we won't get into a fight because of this since we all love T-ara and I'm sorry if I did offense you or any Jiyeon's fans. :D )

Why take the lines from the best singers of a group to give them to the weakest ones?

To be FAIR. Seriously, it doesn't hurt to give 1 line of Soyeon or Hyomin to Boram and keep Jiyeon's lines.

In Lovey Dovey Jap version,yes,Jiyeon did got lesser lines because Boram took hers.However,do take notice that Jiyeon sang quite a lot of lines (minus the main and lead vocalist,of course because basically a better singer sing more lines) in Roly Poly Japanese version and Cry Cry (which Boram,Qri and Hwayoung or to an extent,even Eunjung didn't get any lines besides singing the narrative lines).

Roly Poly = Equal distribution of lines.

Cry Cry = Jiyeon gets 2 lines, which is okay, not too much, not too little.

I'm not complaining about Jiyeon's lines, I'm complaining about why they didnt give Soyeon's or Hyomin's lines to Boram instead of taking it from Jiyeon. Also the same case for Cry Cry, they could've give one of Soyeon's lines who sings 90% of the song to Eunjung, Boram and Qri.

Whatever.

Roly Poly = Equal distribution of lines.

Cry Cry = Jiyeon gets 2 lines, which is okay, not too much, not too little.

I'm not complaining about Jiyeon's lines, I'm complaining about why they didnt give Soyeon's or Hyomin's lines to Boram instead of taking it from Jiyeon. Also the same case for Cry Cry, they could've give one of Soyeon's lines who sings 90% of the song to Eunjung, Boram and Qri.

That's how it works.I'm not saying that other T-ara members can't sing.Basically a better singer gets to sing more lines.That is why Soyeon and Hyomin are main and lead vocalists in T-ara respectively.It will be weirder if they are the main singers but didn't receive enough lines (according to their position).For example,Soyeon got extremely lesser lines in Lovey Dovey but someone can argue that she already received many lines in Cry Cry.

But yeah,one thing that I don't like about T-ara is they NEVER receive fair distributions.It's not that they can't sing.It's just such a pity that CCM (or KKM) never take noticed of that nor they never bother to give any singing lessons in order for the girls to improves theirs AND they care the least to the members of T-ara.The most important thing that is in KKS's peanut brain is money.Although Soyeon and Hyomin are my bias,they should instead give two-five lines and distribute it fairly amongst the other 5.

In a nutshell,T-ara never gets fair distribution of lines.

we should do like this way.

For e.g : a song lasts for around 4 min so : 4min= 60x4= 240s

then we have 7 members : 240/7= 34s. So each one sing for 34s . as well for the video ;)

It's simple why KKS doesnt know that LOL

Either his brain is smaller than an ostrich's or he's not even a human being.Probably he came from Mars and his task is to choose a few persons to get tortured by him.I'm sorry for being harsh but I can't look at his face for more than 1 seconds because his face is full of hatred,LOL.Oh wait,I might get sued for this. :P

Either his brain is smaller than an ostrich's or he's not even a human being.Probably he came from Mars and his task is to choose a few persons to get tortured by him.I'm sorry for being harsh but I can't look at his face for more than 1 seconds because his face is full of hatred,LOL.Oh wait,I might get sued for this. :P

LOL you look like to be influenced by Scatter , he use to say smt like this =)

we should do like this way.

For e.g : a song lasts for around 4 min so : 4min= 60x4= 240s

then we have 7 members : 240/7= 34s. So each one sing for 34s . as well for the video ;)

It's simple why KKS doesnt know that LOL

LOL well, what DO you expect from KKS apart from his trolling and silly decisions?

Even George Bush could do a better job than him as CEO lol.

LOL you look like to be influenced by Scatter , he use to say smt like this =)

Yup,he "taught" me all of these and eventually I begin to feel the same way Scatter felt towards him :lol:

Not only that,thanks to him,my English has improved (but my grammar still sucks.I'm still confused whether to use Past or Present Tense,LOL)

But I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of T-ara's fans hate KKS for torturing the girls and we don't see any sign of him slowing down his job.....

To be FAIR. Seriously, it doesn't hurt to give 1 line of Soyeon or Hyomin to Boram and keep Jiyeon's lines.

To be "fair" to the detriment of how good they could sound ? That's your excuse...fairness? lol When you blatantly know as a T-ara stan that it's everything CCM isn't. Groups can't get even distribution of lines when members' singing abilities aren't on par, some are lacking. You know it's not possible for t-ara. Better admit that you're only unhappy because your bias for once didn't get as much screentime and lines as usual or expected.

Yup,he "taught" me all of these and eventually I begin to feel the same way Scatter felt towards him :lol:

Not only that,thanks to him,my English has improved (but my grammar still sucks.I'm still confused whether to use Past or Present Tense,LOL)

But I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of T-ara's fans hate KKS for torturing the girls and we don't see any sign of him slowing down his job.....

oh no, bad choice of mentor , follow me then I will teach you how to troll LMAO j/k :P

To be "fair" to the detriment of how good they could sound ? That's your excuse...fairness? lol When you blatantly know as a T-ara stan that it's everything CCM isn't. Groups can't get even distribution of lines when members' singing abilities aren't on par, some are lacking. You know it's not possible for t-ara. Better admit that you're only unhappy because your bias for once didn't get as much screentime and lines as usual or expected.

Nuff said.Thank you for backing me up.Some fans can be extremely delusional.

I don't care about screentime, I care about the lines. I believe Boram and Jiyeon has what it takes to sing the lines. Fans of Soyeon and Hyomin can't understand how we feels. I don't want this to turn into a youtube arguement so I'll stop here.