Diadem Forums

[12.04.28] T-ara promise a free concert if 500,000 copies of "Jewelry Box" can be sold

nathaniel

[12.04.28] T-ara promise a free concert if 500,000 copies of "Jewelry Box" can be sold

201204281011461001_1.jpg

T-ara's first Japanese studio album "Jewelry box" will be released on June 6th.

T-ara's Japanese first album "Jewelry box" went for pre-sale on April 19th, and took the first and third place on the Japanese website Tower Record's daily sale charts.

T-ara's agency said through a press release, "T-ara's first studio album 'Jewelry box' has received an explosive reaction and even ranked #1 in daily charts. The industry officials predicted it'll sell 300,000 - 400,000 units and we have high expectations for it."

Following, they promised that, "If T-ara's album can sell over 500,000 copies, T-ara will hold a free guerrilla concert in the cities of Korea and Tokyo, Japan."

Meanwhile, T-ara's debut single in Japan last September, "Bo Peep Bo Peep", debuted at #1 on Oricon's Daily and Weekly chart, being the first for any girl Korean girl group.

T-ara's Japanese album will include the Japanese versions of "Bo Peep Bo Peep", "Yayaya", "Roly-Poly", "Lovey-Dovey", and new Japanese songs.

T-ara is currently promoting in Japan and preparing for their concerts being in June. On July 14th, they'll open their official fanclub and plan to meet fans with a new album around then.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120428n03568

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Should i be happy or sad? xD

I'll be happy if they sold that much, but kind of sad that the company is putting up that kind of exchange =/ I mean, they already have their plates full and they want to add a free concert(s)? Pif!

and i'm sad that i can't attend either.. lucky cities on the other side of the planet TT^TT

Anyway, good luck T-ara! You already have 2 copies sold by me! :D

I think it'd be better if they got to focus on vocal skills and work on the second album for July rather than doing free concerts. The girls already have more than enough work to deal. So far, getting a break at this point is an unrealistic option to beg for since to KKS, the word 'break' doesn't exist in that brainless skull of his - so why not put ALL efforts into the second album and vocal lessons instead? It's not like T-ara's popularity is at risk of being overtaken by any other group or fading away in the public's mindsets.

April is already coming to a close and I'm getting the impression that CCM hasn't really done much work with the second album. Which goes to say, it wouldn't surprise me if the album itself was delayed by a few weeks over some lousy reason.

Last but not least - if it's going to be a free concert, then who the hell's actually gonna pay for all the stage sets, organizing, costumes etc.?

i guess thats their gimmick. win #1 and do charity and stuff like that. reach a certain goal and hold a free concert. not a bad idea at all.

im sure the cost of the albums will be able to pay for the concert and who knows. maybe by luck it'll be a crazy full concert and if not maybe something short like an hour or so.

pre-ordered 1 each of their jewelry box editions already...wish the concert would be held somewhere closer to me xD

Its the company that promises it, in exchange for the free concert, they want fans to buy as much as possible. They would earn big time this time fi they hit 500,000 since the Jewelry Box albums are not cheap at all. Oh well i'm sure it'll hit anyway seeing how T-ara is so successful in korea and japan not to mention international fans like me are probably dying to get every edition possible for all their albums, but at the same time a part of me saying 500,000 is an impossible number to hit due to the pricing, CCM still assumes T-ara fans are all rich peeps.

But honestly i rather CCM promises T-ara a 1 month break if 500,000 copies were sold, X.X overworked idols + free concerts, don't match.

I'm a bit skeptical about it being a "free" concert also. When T-ara promised something previously, yes it was for them to do charity and also meet greet people on the subway... but this is a lot different, a whole different ballpark.

A "free" concert? Do the girls get paid for these concerts or this another charity?

It amazing that T-ara appeals to their fans, but this concert feels more of marketing scheme rather than anything to me.

T-ara has a full schedule already. If this really is just a marketing scheme, I swear CCM...

Nowadays only Idol groups such as Arashi or AKB48 can sell that much for a first week of sales thanks to fan pre-orders.

Each T-ara's Japanese single sold around 50 000 copies whereas singles are already less expensive than full albums.

In addition, full albums usually don't sell that well in Japan, unlike singles because of the price.

If it was only a single (less expensive to buy) instead of a full album (rather expensive to buy), chances would have probably been higher to reach the objective with time.

If T-ara can sell around 70 000~100 000 copies of "Jewelry Box" for the first week of sales, it would be already more than amazing since not all the Japanese Idol groups can sell that much for the first week of sales.

But since they didn't announce any deadline, maybe the goal of selling 500 000 copies can possibily be reached at the end of this year.

I think they should make tour concert around asia not free concert...its time to meet fans other than korea and japan

Except that CCM doesn't have the money to afford such a massive tour.

Plus, the girls are already pretty much filled up with killer schedules. Adding an Asian tour concert

is pretty much going to suck the life out of them.

YG and SM could afford such a thing on their own but CCM? Hell no.

THe Diadem fandom is also considerably smaller than the other fandoms like the Cassies, VIPs, Sones etc.

so it'd be a bit of a risk to pull off an Asia-wide tour anyway.

When I read the news title, I thought it was 50,000 and when I looked again, I saw 500, 000???!!! Half a million?

Anyway, all the best to them. Just hope that the album sales won't stray too much from their target or else it will be embarrassing. Just please, please, please don't flop. I feel guilty for saying this but I hope they won't reach 500,000 so that they don't need to give free concerts and they can rest more. I'll hope they reach 499,999 album sales.

With all the hectic schedules, what is the point of giving concerts when most of them won't even smile when performing. They'll just dance like robots and worst, they'll just lip sync (which I hate the most). By the way, I think free concerts are sponsored. Not sure whether the girls will get paid.

All the best to T-ARA. T-ARA fighting !!!

Guest fuchien

ha lol, if you know the sales of the latest albums for snsd or suju, which is around 800k for The Boys and 500k for Mr Simple, you would just laugh with me, anyway good luck t-ara, but this is just too unreal in terms of short time imo...