Diadem Forums

[12.04.28] T-ara promise a free concert if 500,000 copies of "Jewelry Box" can be sold

nathaniel

as a t-ara fan i don't like this kind of gimmick for them it was ok the first time but for the third time not really they should think of another marketing strat stat

Personnally I don't think it is gimmick, I think they would use the profit from 500k copies to hold 2 free concerts. But once again T-ara did not make clear their statement as the last promis they did the charity if they won triple crown.

Yeah, I think the album sales will cross the 500,000 mark in no time. Till then, they should also hold an Asian tour! CCM can u see this! come on, bring the girls to Singapore!

500k is unrealistic at best.

And Asian tour? Come on, the girls are busy as hell with promotions in Japan coming up and they need to work on that new album scheduled for July as well. If you add an Asian tour after those promotions, they'll practically die of exhaustion and if not, the performances would be a bit lackluster.

i don't think they need this promise to sell 500,00 copies.. they can sell even more!! t-ara fighting! they should have just held an ASIAN TOUR next year!! :)

500k is unrealistic. Nuff said.

Not even Kara could go that far, considering they're the most popular Kpop idol group in Japan.

T-ara would be lucky if sales got over at least 100k and 150k at the most.

a good marketing strategy i guess. gotta give them credit for the offer too. however there are many problems with it id like to address.

i was planning on buying the album anyway, but from the standpoint on if i wasnt, would this free concert benefit me, as live in the united states? would i get tickets to this concert for purchasing an album?

who gets to go to this free concert? how my of the actual 500,00 record buyers get to go, and how many who dont buy it get to reap the reward for those who did spend the money.

just a few concerns.

Whatever the case may be, I do hope that T-ara can sell many album to prove that people do love their songs and do want to purchase it. It's a huge achievement for them to be doing so well in Japan and I love that they are being acknowledged for their talent. Good luck T-ara! 500k will be another milestone for y'all!

Hey Say Jump's 2nd Album is garuanteed to get #1 on the 06.06 Oricon week, same week as Jewelry Box. There is no way JE gonna let go of that weekly #1, nor does T-ara's popularity would be a threat to Hey Say Jump. With that said, Hey Say Jump's predicted number should be around 250 000 for its week.

500 000 is impossible for T-ara in the short run, especially with the contents and price of Jewelry Box. 6800 JPY for an album + photobook is a little too much. I know that the photobook is 100 pages and all that but CCM needs to get real, what are they selling? Album or photobook? The price for Diamond Type is double the price of an average album from any Jpop artists. Not to mention, only 2 original songs?

For its 1st week, i'd say Jewelry Box could reach 100k to 130k. 500k is not possible to reach within this year. Next year, maybe, if they gain explosive popularity in Japan and new fans started to buy their old releases.

Just a couple of thoughts...

1.) Jewelry Box isn't so much a true Japanese album as it is a collection of T-ara's greatest hits translated into Japanese. KARA did this with their first Japanese album, and it sold roughly 180,000 units; likewise, 2NE1's first Japanese album is something akin to a "Best of Korean" album and it's not doing too well either. A better prediction for this album would be between 150,000 to 200,000, and even that is a stretch. T-ara's popular in Japan, but they're nowhere near popular enough to shift 500,000 units of their debut Japanese album. Hell, Perfume doesn't even do those types of numbers and they've been on the J-Pop scene for YEARS.

2.) CCM/EMI knows damn good and well that T-ara is never going to shift that many albums; this is nothing more than a ploy to sell more records. They're dangling a free concert in front of fans in hopes that it will help stimulate album sales; they know that 500,000 is a long shot, but that it's not so far out of reach that it doesn't seem feasible to some people. It also gives the impression that T-ara is more popular than they really are in Japan (and they're popular, but they aren't at that level yet).

3.) Number two kind of ties into this point, and that's that you really can't trust what Japanese music industry prognosticators say. Remember when that article was posted about how J-Roly-Poly was forecasted to shift 300,000 units of the single album? It's only about a fifth of that. These kind of reports and "predictions" are used to help give the illusion that an artist is more popular than they truly are. If people read that their albums and singles are predicted to sell gangbusters, it makes them wonder what all the fuss is about, which (hopefully) encourages that person to check out their album, singles, etc. and possibly buy the merchandise.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here, and I have to commend EMI for playing the game, but these numbers are pretty inflated. The only way I see Jewelry Box doing anywhere above 300,000 is if T-ara experiences a spike in popularity and people revisit their older material (which isn't unheard of, KARA's first Japanese album definitely benefitted from this when they became super popular in Japan). For now though I think it's safe to say that 200,000 would be the maximum they'd sell, and even THAT'S going to be a stretch.

I believe they will sell more too XD! anyways a free concert is cool for the fans but tough on them T_T!!! I mean I will be going if they do but I agree that I think they should work on a new album more I cant wait for a new song/album!!!! well love T-ara!! T-ara Hwaiting!

PS i hope they do have an asian tour cause if they come to the states they will see all the fans they have here and in japan and everywhere else XD!

WOW - a FREE concert? I would give ANYTHING to attend that, but you know - I'm not a big fan of their Japanese. I'm guessing this free concert would only be held in Japan...? I would rather them perform in Korean. But, nonetheless, T-ara is T-ara; I hope they sell up to this much "Jewlery Box" records not just for the fans in Japan who receive a free concert as a gift, but for T-ara to take away as a gift, too, since it seems like, from what you guys said, it would be a big surprise to even see it reach 100k. Good luck, T-ara! :wub:

well..seriously, its great if they can sell more than 500000 copies..

but i'm worried about t-ara's health..i mean they always need to overwork..

huhu..plus, the free concert is a bit too much..i know they really appreciate fans but what about their own-self??

i feel sorry for them..however, selling more is awesome..

t-ara is the best..hwaiting..stay healthy, strong n happy together..i love t-ara.. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3