Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] How did you discover T-ara and why do you like them?

nathaniel

We need some information from members for a message book about Diadem we're preparing for T-ara.. if you answer the questions below and leave a reply, we'll be picking out the best or nicest responses to translate into Korean for the message book!

You can leave however long responses you want.. it doesn't matter XD but for the message book we might cut your message down short. :)

SOOOOOOOO~

Name/Age/Location

1. How did you discover/learn about T-ara?

A:

2. Why do you like T-ara?

A:

Optional

3. What is your favorite thing to do/feature on Diadem?

A:

I'll post my reply later.. hahaha.. I don't want to be the first :P

Kirsten/22/US

A: I became enamored with Eunjung while watching Coffee House. I wanted to know more about her and discovered she was an idol-actress and apart of T-ara. I dug a little deeper and started listening to a few songs and fell in love. IGCBOY got me hooked for sure; Eunjung was so fierce and the song was hot~! So, Coffee House lead me to Eunjung and Eunjung lead me to T-ara. :D

A: Can't put it into words. They just always leave me wanting more~! ;)

Optional

A: Chatting in the Shoutbox. I love gushing with other fans about how great T-ara is~! :lol:

Thomas / 29 / East Coast USA

A: I really didn't know anything about Kpop until November 2010; a friend who I had been playing an Online game with told me to look it up and sent me an e-mail containing a link to Oh! by Girls Generation, after I watched that I surfed for a little while and Came across Bo-Peep. Any of my friends will tell you, I have this weird affinity to liking adorable things... and Bo Peep was pretty cute. I listened to the song a lot but wasn't really a fan of the group until I saw Hyomin in Invincible youth... her quirky sarcasm and flighty tones made me laugh... especially when she was with Sunny. So I started to Google and Youtube T-ara to meet the other members. Finding video cuts on shows, watching MVs., The more I was exposed the more I fell in love. <3

A: Id have to say their personalities, all of them are different. I also Like the way they interact with everyone on twitter. That and even in their self photos they look amazing. Plus They are really good at making entertaining songs and videos. I still listen to "Bo Peep Bo Peep" and "Like the first time" while I drive.

Optional

A: Search for Videos and Pictures and News, I like finding out what these Lovely Ladies are up too, That and It gives me another way to support them through the Birthday Projects and Fund Raisers :D

Name/Age/Location: Angel Clowie, 15, Philippines

A: I was watching God of Study when Jiyeon caught my eyes. She was so adorable on that drama then I searched about her and knew that she is a member of a girl group. At first, I was hesitating to do more research about her cos I was against KPOP, I couldnt say I was an anti, i just didn't like them that time cos I am a JPOP fan but of course, Jiyeon won and T-ara is the reason why I became a KPOP fan.

A: For me, appearance is not important cos if you do not have good manners your appearance is useless. When I became interested about them, I watched some shows of them like Hello Baby and Dream Girls. I first watched Dream Girls and saw their hard works. T-ara is also the reason why I want to be a flight attendant. After watching Dream Girls, I watched Hello Baby, on this show, I saw how thoughtful, affectionate and hard working they are. So to answer your question, I must say, I love them for who they are.

Optional

A: Of course, it is gaining more knowledge about them. Being updated about what the girls are up to. The projects they are doing, because of that, we are able to send our messages to our lovely girls. But what I love the most is it is dedicated to T-ara and Diadem is still going strong.

Name/Age/Location: Tam Banh/22/San Jose, USA

A: at the beginning of 2009, I used to be an anti-fan of Kpop. At that time, in my thinking, Kpop artists was just noisy and messy. However, in an afternoon in December, 2012, when I felt so bored and surfed internet, I just clicked accidently into Time To Love MV :ph34r:, that's is the first time I saw T-ara, but to be honest, T-ara with me at that time was a girl group with colorful outfits, crazy wigs and was singing a language which I can't understand. However, that's also the first time I heard a girl can rap fast like that in a song, that's why I decided to replay TTL to check it. And right the second time, magically, the girl @2.51 of the MV make me feel curious with her beauty :blink:. Since then, the name "T-ara" always makes me feel curious about it.

Although TTL makes me know about T-ara, but to be honest, I forgot about T-ara few days later, till again, I clicked accidently a link on my friend's wall and...boom......I was impressed by a kiss scene, tried to find out and knew that the song names "Lie" and the singer group is....T-ara :o , it's unbelievable, like a fate. Then I tried to find information about the girl @1.51 in TTL MV (but poor me, cuz Korean name and appearance was strange with me at that time, so I missed hers with Eunjung :wacko: ). I don't know since when searching T-ara's information is an act I do everyday, the more info I discovered about T-ara, the more I obsessed into T-ara's world. I can feel from T-ara the honest, friendliness and full sense of humor. Every member is bright by their own unique way. I like their music style because of catchy melody, with a non-Korean fan like me, the lyric/meaning of a song is just a sub-element to like a songs, melody and MV are much more important, and T-ara's tracks are like that. I like them because their songs have make my mood better whenever I feel stress.

A:

Optional

A: Shoutbox, I like how the way members on Diadem chat together, very realistic. The admins are great; they let members have freedom of speech and can control every conversation in a acceptable enough to create a peaceful atmosphere in Shoutbox. :D

pippa/17/indonesia

A: i didnt know t-ara until i watched DH. thanks to DH to have eunjung there, bcoz it was the bridge for me to know t-ara. i went to google to find their profiles, went to youtube to find their MVs, varshows and anything. i joined a t-ara group on fb so i can know more about the girls, i also joined a forum (here and others). never thought i'll become such a big fan of them :') #proud

A: their personalities, looks and ofcourse their music. from what i see on their VarShow they are so funny and kinda weird (in a funny way) and that makes me love them for even more. and all their songs suits my ears and heart (only t-ara and paramore that can to this to me) and yes, their friendship, they are so close to each other :) makes me really want to have a bestfriends like them :')

Optional

A: read the news, watch the vids, find pictures, and read the comments :)

Name/Age/Location: Memae,20,Philippines

A: I'm watching kbs's Music Bank and it was Lunar New Year that time, they won because of their Bo Peep Bo Peep that I saw first Jiyeon's cuteness and began to familiarized with her face (her wide eyes caught me out) :)

Then, being an avid fan of kbs's shows, I saw her again in the Master of the Study, that I start to hunt her down and landed

to the group where she belonged, called T-ARA. The End. So I'm here now, [sorry if I changed my bias to Boram, Jiyeon is the only way but I love this two anyway] :wub:

A: I like T-ara because of their music esp. when they have a ballad songs in the album, and the rest is because of the members they have, :)

Optional

A: No other way to me, It's the Art Gallery for a fanartist like me. :wub: love u guys~

Name/Age/Location: Angela/23/California, USA

A: I listened to kpop on and off from 2006-2010. I mostly listen to music that appeared in the Korean drama that I'm watching and it just so happens that I was watching Cinderella's Sister and T-ara's BPBP appeared. I looked up the group that sang it and read their profiles, but I didn't listen to their songs. I eventually forgot about BPBP and the group.

And then 2011 came around and I watched Dream High. For me, if I liked a character in the drama, I usually look up the actor/actresses' profile to watch other dramas they appear in. Yoon Baek Hee lead me to Ham Eun Jung that eventually lead me to T-ara again.

Still, I didn't really listen to their music until I saw "Running Man" Episode 55, where T-ara's Jiyeon guest star. I thought to myself, "T-ara keeps popping up everywhere, I guess it's time to listen to their songs" This time, I did a little more research and started to listen to their music from their debut days onwards. I really like "Lies" and when I listened to TTL/TTL2, I got seriously hooked.

But even then, I was just a casual fan. But as I watched the various variety shows they appeared in, I got to see each member's personality and their songs were just so catchy and soothing to my ears.

I don't know when or how, but before December of 2011, T-ara just snatched a piece of my heart.

A: There isn't a reason to why you like something or someone. Out of all the idol groups currently active, T-ara is my ultimate favorite. It might because of their constant change in styles in both the music and concept that made me stick with them as well as their unique personalities. Truthfully, I don't usually stick to stars. I get tired of them after a month or two, but there's something about T-ara that's making me want to stick to them forever~

Optional

A:I really like the shoutbox. I also like to roam around the News, Discussion and Social Lounge sections a lot when the SB is dead.

Name/Age/Location: Kagami/15/Vietnam

Actually, I'm not even a K-Pop fan to begin with. Not that I'm now. My cousin, who has been a fan of T-Ara ever since they first debuted, pursued me to watch 'Good Person' with him. I was quite impressed with the singing ability of all the girls, especially Ji Ae. More to say, it was also the first K-Pop MV I have ever seen. For a long time, I didn't pay much attention to them, not until Time to Love. There was something in Soyeon's voice that made me immediately fell in love. And I started to follow them. Watch MVs, variety show,...

It's really hard to say why I love them. But, well, I'll say. Firstly, it's because their music. Their song are not just going around a specific gene, but various, and I like it that way. Then, it's the members. All of them have such unique personalities that makes it impossible to mistake them with anyone else. Whenever I'm sad, T-Ara's variety show always cheers me up. They also give me a feeling of a "Real group", so connected with eachother.

Kinsky/15/Indonesia

1 How you discover/learn about T-Ara?

A : I have no interest in Kpop before. I just thought that they all look the same, just singing and dancing. Until I watched some music show on my television and T-Ara appeared there with Yayaya song. I thought it's kinda a unique song, they look different from the others. I was starting to like them. :rolleyes: But then they disappeared for a while, i stopped find their info for a while too :mellow: Then in the middle of 2011, i watched a music show again and found them with Roly Poly song. When I saw them, I just felt like met the old friend XD Then I watched their variety show too and I know their personality are also kinda unique. I'm always waiting for their update. That's how i'm here now ^_^

2. Why do you like T-Ara?

A : Because they look different. They have their own style. Their songs like Bo Peep Bo Peep, Yayaya, Roly Poly, Lovey Dovey, etc are look different, right? They have unique personality too. They always look cheerful, funny, and close to the others.They really look like a family ^^ That"s why I like T-Ara~ :lol:

Optional

3. What is your favorite thing to do/feature on diadem?

A : Of course I like it all. Find their update by news, discussion, pics, sub video, sub tweets, etc. It's really helpful and i'm very thankful to tiaradiadem ^_^

Diego/21/Bogotá, Colombia

A: It was through Invincible Youth. After seeing the show, I fell in love Hyomin. I started seeing all the videos and programs where T-ara out and I fell in love withother members.

A: It is indescribable. I love the fact that being imperfect, they have achieved so manythings, and that makes them perfect to my eyes. His personality, how theycomplement each other, that is love, that's magic.

Chris/14/US

A: I learned about T-ara through my sister. I started like them a month or so after their debut with lies. Afterwards, I started to notice members join more activities, such as concerts and dramas. Thus, I started to follow them more closely, slowly falling for each of their charms.

A: Basically, I love everything about them. T-ara is a group filled with such strong, independent, talented individuals. They each are so different, yet so alike. I love that they are not the strongest vocals, but they are one of the most hardworking groups I've ever seen. No matter how much fatigue catches up to them, they still have a smile to make their fans worry less. Although many people speak badly of T-ara, I see pass all their flaws and find more reasons to love them.

Optional

A: Reading the "News & Announcements". Diadem is always quickly updating fans on stuff related to T-ara. Also, obviously, I like to watch the streaming videos. It shows how hard each staff member works and it's, basically, enjoyable.

Name/Age/Location:

CL, 23, Toronto, Canada

A: I was first interested when their first album was released. I think it was one of the few k-pop albums where I actually enjoyed listening to each and every single song listed.

A: I think they are a very interesting group with a lot of diverse styles. Many current girl groups do not or are not allowed to pursue different styles and concepts, but T-ara is different. They are very versatile with their music and image which makes them appeal to different people. I think they are a very sensible group, but the girls individually haven't seem to lost their edge or become complacent to the music industry.

T-ara still has a lot of potential to develop into a top-tier girl group. I hope that they continue to be as they are and show us different styles in their future works.

T-ara hwaiting!

Optional

A: Interact with the different members and share the joy of being a T-ara fan. The fanbase might not be as big as other idol groups, but it is a close knit community. I also love the dedication of the staff and members who continually return every day to check or get updated on T-ara news and photos.

Name/Age/Location - Yoon Su/19/New Zealand

A: I first discovered T-ara back at their debut while I was staying at Korea during 2009. Was scrolling through the Mnet chart and saw the song Lies had hit fairly well (or did? Can't remember).

A: That one has a long answer - Lies and TTL were among the reasons why I liked them in the first place - because they were kickass and I enjoyed them whenever I went out for walks or jogging during mornings and evenings (at least till late autumn due to the cold weather). Got disappointed in them during much of 2010 and even thought of them as flops at one point. They were rather irrelevant to me at the time. Cry Cry was a reminiscent to their early months to a degree, got back my attention - didn't really, REALLY like them until I found out they had been working under appalling conditions aka murderous schedules, not to mention that CCM's CEO started making decisions that would make even a kindergardner look like a genius.

Optional

A: Mostly commenting around topics here and there, replying to misunderstandings or overexaggerated posts of others as well as writing fan-fics (also putting pictures with them). I'm probably among the few that usually isn't too happy with T-ara promoting all over the place, considering their notorious schedules - which also tends to lead to lackluster performances at times. There's no denying that.

Neitou / 17/ Philippines

A: I discovered T-ara coincidentally. It was back in April 2010 when I was randomly switching the channels I came to see their MV of IGCBoY. I was really captivated by the girls especially the one who had the short hair. Of course I didn't know anything about them or KPOP. It was when i saw again the MV on TV i came know T-ara after that i searched for them in the net and practically had to know all about them. It was because of them and their music that captivated me in the world of KPOP.

A: I like them cause I love them, that's enough reason for me to support them :D

Nat/16/Philippines

1.) How did you discover about T-ara?

It was summer break and I was bored so I searched korean dramas that will appeal to my taste. Since nothing comes right up I decided to just watch korean variety shows and just try to see if it will work for me. I started to watch we got married with the teukso couple up until the christmas special episode. That was the first time I saw Eunjung. (She stands out because she was really really pretty) I didn't even know that she was an idol. She really looked gorgeous and the way she and Lee Jang Woo interact with each other seemed so natural so after watching the christmas special, i stopped watching teukso and started watching woojung. And they didn't disappoint me. They we're really like a married couple.:"> Eunjung's personality was very nice and witty and it made me fall in love with her. And also some of T-ara's songs are featured in wgm and it got me hooked up so I searched them and watch their own variety shows. That is how I started love the other members also. So basically Eunjung paved that way for me to discover T-ara.

2.) Why do you like T-ara?

I prefer male idol groups before than female ones because I think that the female ones are too girly. But after discovering them I got to know and love their individual personalities. They are very very humble and down to earth. And let us not forget their music and dance steps that are very unique and addicting.:D

Name/Age/Location: Zainab/21/Pakistan

A: I discovered K-Pop after coming across some music videos on TV. T-ara's TTL was the very first song I heard by a Korean girl group. It was all still new to me so I didn't instantly become a fan of any group as I still was looking to discover more about K-Pop. Shortly after, I heard I Go Crazy Because of You and loved it! I was still very new at this point, so I continued to explore K-Pop as a whole. After some time I eventually came to know all about K-Pop. I often heard T-ara's name around but it wasn't until I watched Hyomin on Invincible Youth did I decided to look into their music. When I heard Like The First time, it was love at first listen! It's as if it was fate that T-ara became my most loved group, as they were the very first girl group I had discovered in K-Pop.

A: I truly love all the girls but my favorite is Hyomin. I dearly love her. She never fails to make me smile.

A: I enjoy taking part in the discussions and checking out all the latest photos. I also enjoy talking with fellow fans in the shoutbox.

JenC/20/Malaysia

A: I wasn't into K-pop before this.It all started out with Invincible Youth.Hyomin caught my eye.But at that time I didn't know she was from T-ara,all I know that she is just drop dead gorgeous.Until one day when I was randomly watching KBS channel,and there they showed a clip from Music Bank,it was T-ara performing I Go Crazy Because Of You in their famous hot yellow outfit :wub: Straight away I was in love with the song because of the dance move.I think their moves are freakin' cool.Somehow the member that caught my eye during that performance wasn't Hyomin,it was Eunjung.First of all,she looks hot in that short hair,and secondly she looks a lot like Taiwan actress Gui Lun Mei because of that haircut too.So I started searching for their performance and T-ara.That's when I learned that the gorgeous girl from IY is one of T-ara's member,it's Hyomin :) Then I started searching for their shows,the first show I watched was T-ara Dot Com.Totally fell in love with the girls.So...I'm here. :D

A: Because I love them.I don't know if it's their individual personalities or their close relationship with each other.There's this charm from these girls I can't explain that makes me love and support them.

Optional

A: Literally just roaming around.Get the latest news,latest photo.Enjoy looking trough our members' discussions,fanfics,etc. :)

Lee/88/Singapore

A: I was in basic training when a friend showed me "Bo Peep Bo Peep" on his iPod. I didn't think much of K-pop at the time - he also showed me "Gee!" and "Mister" - and thought the video was confusing and that the music sucked. (It still does, even today. I understand "Bo Peep" is incredibly popular, but figured that it has more to do with the dance and less with the actual track.)

I went on to become a Sone up until "Roly Poly" came out last summer. That was a defining moment: a song that was actually catchy and with a synchronised dance that, in my opinion, was good enough to rival "Tell Me". I can't get enough of "Roly Poly". ("Cry Cry" was decent, but they were starting to slow down by "Lovey Dovey" - a lot of people out there think that "Lovey Dovey" is "Roly Poly 2" because they almost sound the same. "Lovey Dovey" was alright, but you can sort of tell that there was slightly less effort put into it by then.)

"Roly Poly" is now my all-time favourite K-pop song.

A: They're like the Arsenal FC of K-pop. They play an attractive game, but rarely ever come out tops. It's not because they're poor, but because you have powerhouses like SNSD who ride on their brand (no other way to explain how "The Boys" did so well) and 2NE1 who hew to a completely different playbook.

T-ara is without a doubt god tier material, but only strictly in comparison to lesser groups out there like A Pink and f(x). They have the ability to repackage themselves with every new album release; they are among the rare few groups out there who are not pigeonholed by a particular concept or style (that said, they are the first group to come to mind if you bring up xxxxcat ears.)

To their credit, they are also one of the all-round better-looking groups out there - none of them stand out in particular a la Amber or CL, if you catch my drift. I don't have anything against them, but K-pop is ultimately about the entire package and T-ara (generally) delivers on all counts. They're entertaining and they're pretty, and that's why I like them.

A: I only just got here today. I followed the @tiaradiadem thing on Twitter and it was starting to get annoying because you needed an account in order to check out the links!

Darrel/21/Singapore

A: This year january i was looking at a random Ji yeon picture and it spark my interest.

A: Ji yeon and So yeon period =D

Optional

A: Doing things like this at the social lounge XD

Izwanie Zomadi/15/Malaysia

A: I first discovered the T-ara by Roly Poly In Copacabana MV ..

I feel excited when I saw the video for the first time. I am impressed with the dance they do in the MV. After that I started looking for their other music videos and start from there, i always want to know all about my T-ARA Queen <3

A:Because i really really like them not just that i also really admire their personalities and relationship between others members. I think their are so sweet. Actually everyday i will remember their cute and sweet face... :P

Optional

A: read the latest news about T-ARA, see pictures of latest T-ARA :wub:

577657_408120009208129_211515045535294_1286050_471085059_n.jpg

LOVE MINYEON :wub:

Chris/23/Singapore

A: Firstly was through BPBP, just the song itself and don't know how they actually look like..Later on, through my cousin (dieheartKpopfans) intro me "I'm crazy because of you" I'm still not into kpop then, but I do search to look at their MV(s) At the point of time, I only feel they are just average. Cause I was much into 4minute..

​And then I watched 'Invincible Youth'. Hyomin is quiet in the show, but she just get my attention with all her move and I started to do research on her and slowly the rest of T-ara. Now, I'm totally a crazy fan of T-ara!!!! Watched 'Hello Baby' and some of their horror movie, drama and etc..

A: The different style of concept they have, the way they let every member to have a chance to be a leader..The bonding in between the members are totally amazing. T-ara are all bout being real. Even they are tired during performing, they still put on smile (Is a kind of motivation to me) And knowing they have pack schedule, T-ara still spend time doing charity.

Why do I like T-ara? Actually, I just like every single of them.. T-ara jjang!

Optional

A: Shout out box is awesome.. Video section is good, but update fast with more sub please ㅋㅋㅋ. Oh! And fanfic is funny and nice to read ((:

Hazyrah/19/Malaysia

1.How did you discover/learn about T-ara?

A:when my friends danced to bopeep.they forced me to watch the vid on utube.i remember watching them for the first time singing bpbp and TTL wearing pink school uniform and i forgot about them after sometimes -_- to think again yes i regret it..

after that my best friend (a sone) suggested me a song that made her cried so hard which is LIES..honestly i never took serious about girl group back then bcos i was so into suju and dbsk XD.. so LIES just hurmm u know~ :P then GOS released, actually i was soo obessed with the drama and found out that hyun jung is a member of T-ara and yeah Jiyeon caught my attention first.through hello baby i knew all t-ara members..

2.Why do you like T-ara?

A:their songs from absolute first album are way better than other gg,still listening to it until this moment..very addictive songs each comeback..members personality and of course my Rambbo :wub:

Optional

3.What is your favorite thing to do/feature on Diadems

A: reading news, fanfics (silent reader here)..yeah i read A LOT in order to improve my english, sometimes i even read u guys shouted :D