Diadem Forums

[12.05.15] Quick News - Gangkiz's Somin, originally a T-ara member

nathaniel

[12.05.15] Quick News - Gangkiz's Somin, originally a T-ara member

201205151522580310_1.jpg

Gangkiz "HONEY HONEY" music video was revealed today at 3:00 PM.

Among the Gangkiz members, they have a close relationship with T-ara members. Especially the member Somin. Somin was originally a member of T-ara, but left due to personal reasons. Three years after T-ara's debut in 2009, Gangkiz will debut.

Somin said, "Yang Jiwon from SPICA has been my hoobae since high school. We were friends and preparing to debut through the girl group that would become T-ara together. Due to some personal circumstances, I left the group and then I decided to leave the company (CCM). I joined a new company to debut in another group later, but suddenly I got a call to re-join the company again. Since 2010, I've been preparing as a Gangkiz member."

-excerpted everything else-

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120515n20637

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Somehow she looks like SNSD Sunny for me. Well, the big question is, who's the new t-ara members ?

^ *nods head* She looks Sunny at first glance, a bit taller and gorgeous..

:)

really nice she have T-Ara's original blood.

^_^

Was she 1 of the original 5? or 1 of the 2 that was going to join T-ara? Im confused...
Neither. The two that left are Jiwon (now in SPICA who was mentioned) and Jiae. Idol groups tend to go through lots of lineup changes even before they debut like how Soyeon was in the pre-debut SNSD when she was at SM Entertainment.

Due to some personal circumstances, I left the group and then I decided to leave the company (CCM). I joined a new company to debut in another group later, but suddenly I got a call to re-join the company again.

Poor girl, escaped CCM's clutches only to fall back in...I wonder if I'm being a little cynical here, but joining a new company seems like it was a good decision; wonder why she went back to CCM =/

lol man you must really hate CCM thinking this is just a publicity stunt XD

Why not? lol

CCM's been using T-ara to promote GK for a while now so it wouldn't be surprising if this news is part of it as well.

With the Kpop industry over-saturated with countless idol groups, they probably think using T-ara would make things better for GK. Though for me, it's a rather lousy of them to do so. Resource distribution (money, assigned staff, logistics etc.) will also become a concern in the long run - considering CCM's 5dolls and Co-Ed School ended up as flops (no offense to those who like either of those 2 groups) and it has far more burdens to take care of - maintaining Mnet Channel, employment

Poor girl, escaped CCM's clutches only to fall back in...I wonder if I'm being a little cynical here, but joining a new company seems like it was a good decision; wonder why she went back to CCM =/

Who knows, there's likely plenty of smaller companies that are even worse than CCM (Open World Ent. comes into mind).

She didn't even say the name of the company she left for so that does raise a couple of eyebrows. Call it pessimistic, but she probably had nowhere else to go or had to 'bribe' her way back for any chance of success, even if it was slight (if you get what I'm saying).