Diadem Forums

[12.05.15] Gangkiz to T-ara, "We're sorry and thankful"

nathaniel

[12.05.15] Gangkiz to T-ara, "We're sorry and thankful"

201205151517530310_1.jpg

Gangkiz expresses their gratefulness for T-ara's support.

Ahead of their official debut on May 18th, Gangkiz said in an interview, "We're sorry, but thank you."

For Gangkiz's debut project, T-ara accompanied Gangkiz as staff for 9 days and 8 nights to Europe.

Leader Hwang Jihyun revealed her gratitude for T-ara by saying, "I'm sorry, but thank you. They weren't required to come with, but they willingly helped us. T-ara also had no break in Europe, but even though they suffered a lot in Korea with their busy schedules, they came and helped. They must of struggled a lot, even making video narration's for us, so thank you."

As singers, Gangkiz want to be able to exceed T-ara's success.

Leader Hwang Jihyun said, "We though it would be great if we could pass, or even just reach T-ara's level. We'd like to become like T-ara, and T-ara, if we can compete in good faith with each other, we can both develop our skills better. In the future, we'd like to develop and grow like T-ara has and show a better appearance."

-excerpted the rest-

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120515n20637

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

sorry, but i dislike the "beating T-ara or pass them" response of them... they are under the same management right? i mean... nothing i just don't feel like it... they just keep it to themselves because they may have nega comments like to me, it make me annoy somehow, but i'm trying to understand and look at the positive side though...

and the Honey honey trailer, i agree with sleepystudent, seemed like similar concept with LD and Cry cry...

well, i was hoping CCM wouldn't be focus too much of promoting those new girl group and just ignore T-ara, well but it is more interesting if T-ara would be in different management right? XD but the only problem in changing different management is that you are back to zero, and a possiblity of them being separate, >.<

well, anyway, fighting to T-ara and GangKiz too

Guest baramsori

sorry, but i dislike the "beating T-ara or pass them" response of them... they are under the same management right? i mean... nothing i just don't feel like it... they just keep it to themselves because they may have nega comments like to me, it make me annoy somehow, but i'm trying to understand and look at the positive side though...

and the Honey honey trailer, i agree with sleepystudent, seemed like similar concept with LD and Cry cry...

well, i was hoping CCM wouldn't be focus too much of promoting those new girl group and just ignore T-ara, well but it is more interesting if T-ara would be in different management right? XD but the only problem in changing different management is that you are back to zero, and a possiblity of them being separate, >.<

If CCM promotes T-ara now, will you be one of the first to cry out that they slave drive T-ara? I wonder how people come up to the idea that CCM is "ignoring" T-ara, and then hating on Gangkiz for that....

Although I'm not feeling the same hype for Gang Kiz Unnies as much as I feel for T-ara, I feel that they're very sincere about their feelings of being sorry for T-ara. And their honesty for saying that T-ara didn't really had a vacation at Europe. Somehow, I like how they said that "it would be great if they surpass or get on the same level as T-ara" - I feel that they have this respectful attitude for T-ara. Well more respectful unlike how 5dolls said it before (where people bashed them for declaring war against T-ara). I'm really glad that these 2 groups have more interactions :)

Guest alee

As rookies, you shouldnt say you want to beat your Seniors. They should've said that they want to excel in their own ways and to be known by through their talents. T-ara is one in a million. They worked hard to be where they are right now.

This IS NOT A COMPETITION. you guys are just in the same agency for crying out loud. You guys should support each other. Not thinking of beating the other or to surpass their popularity. Anyway, i hope you'll succeed and become popular like other rookie groups! ^^

Be who you really are and don't think that you are competing with T-ara. They are your mentors. ^^

T-ara fighting ~ ! Gang Kiz fighting ~ ! ^^

"As singers, Gangkiz want to be able to exceed T-ara's success.

Leader Hwang Jihyun said, "We though it would be great if we could pass, or even just reach T-ara's level. We'd like to become like T-ara, and T-ara, if we can compete in good faith with each other, we can both develop our skills better. In the future, we'd like to develop and grow like T-ara has and show a better appearance."

====================================================================================================

Oh please, as if this is going to ever happen XD. Like what @alee said, it's a bit off to say they want to exceed their seniors, yet alone saying it front of the cameras.

===================================================================================================

" T-ara also had no break in Europe, but even though they suffered a lot in Korea with their busy schedules, they came and helped. They must of struggled a lot, even making video narration's for us, so thank you."

===================================================================================================

At least they told the truth about the trip in Europe. I really cannot understand why some Diadems here before ever thought of the trip as a 'vacation'. Well KKS, you've already gotten a jab from the newest group you've made, considering that in your deluded world, vacation = work.

Oh this is just too funny to take in XD.

Because they're in the same agency, it gives them even more right to say they want to pass T-ara's level. There's obviously competition amongst all singers, especially in K-pop. People obsess over the music chart rankings and getting a trophy on an award show because they want T-ara to become the #1 group. Gangkiz want to be able to be the #1 group too, but to get there they have to surpass T-ara's level obviously.

Passing T-ara's level would be any rookie's goal, wouldn't it? T-ara is a top tier girl group, and they worked hard to get there and are acknowledged for it. Gangkiz just want to be able to be a top tier girl group.

And agree with baram, they are obviously not ignoring T-ara? T-ara has pretty much had no break, and they are promoting in Japan while Gangkiz promotes in Korea. CCM is obviously not ignoring them, and they aren't even under CCM anyways. Gangkiz is not under CCM; they are under GM Contents Media with SPEED and 5dolls, who are managing Gangkiz, while CCM manages T-ara at the same time. CCM is only managing their content production (MVs, music, etc).

As rookies, you shouldnt say you want to beat your Seniors. They should've said that they want to excel in their own ways and to be known by through their talents. T-ara is one in a million. They worked hard to be where they are right now.

This IS NOT A COMPETITION. you guys are just in the same agency for crying out loud. You guys should support each other. Not thinking of beating the other or to surpass their popularity. Anyway, i hope you'll succeed and become popular like other rookie groups! ^^

Be who you really are and don't think that you are competing with T-ara. They are your mentors. ^^

T-ara fighting ~ ! Gang Kiz fighting ~ ! ^^

Like I said above, it is a competition. Every girl group wants to be the best and being in the same agency makes it even more of a competition in people's eyes.

T-ara worked hard to make Gangkiz's debut MV, and we should be supporting that and not bashing it. Hyomin even said we should support Gangkiz over Twitter, so shouldn't we try and make her wish true? T-ara and Gangkiz are friends and they support each other. They obviously care for each other as well, as you can see from the interview, so why is there people bashing them?

Sometimes I pity Gang Kiz for having all the hate from KPOP fans.I mean,they don't officially debut yet but they already received tons of bashing and hateful comments and I think one of the reasons why is clearly because Kim Kwang Soo (he's the CEO of Mnet Media) drag T-ara to "help" Gang Kiz in so many ways (video narrating,video editing,photographing,etc) as if they they murderous schedules aren't enough.Another reasons is probably because thier Honey Honey song is kinda similar to Lovey Dovey and for having a concept like Cry Cry.Mnet Media clearly runs out of ideas.

"I'm sorry, but thank you. They weren't required to come with, but they willingly helped us. T-ara also had no break in Europe, but even though they suffered a lot in Korea with their busy schedules, they came and helped"

Heh,finally.I've been waiting for someone to officially say this.I never once believe they were having a vacation in Europe.

@nathaniel - I really doubt that T-ara actually gives a damn about Gangkiz's career, all things considered.

Interviews aren't exactly what I'd call fully trustworthy, considering that it's not really hard to script or lie in them - T-ara's hardly any exception, considering when they were asked about the new member additions, they played it off awfully cooly and calmly up to the point anyone could tell it was a bloated lie.

Which also goes to say, I wouldn't even fully trust everything what they say on Twitter either. I don't think I'm exaggerating that they're barred from expressing their full and honest opinions in Twitter, to be frank (and the same can be said with other idols from other agencies).

It'll be interesting to see what they do in the future, Honey Honey's an ok song, i like it but I hope they release songs in the future not connected to songs that T-ara's released so that they can become they're own group, not known for becoming a 2nd T-ara, because granted they are from the same agency, but I think its a good goal to want to surpass T-ara in the future or get to the same level because it'll allow them to constantly improve their skills in order to do so. And I think that growing and nuturing your skills is important to succeed, even if its just on a personal level...does that make any sense? It made sense as I was thinking it but in written words I'm a little iffy.

Basically I wish them the best of luck and I can't wait to see their debut performance of the song.

Sometimes I pity Gang Kiz for having all the hate from KPOP fans.I mean,they don't officially debut yet but they already received tons of bashing and hateful comments and I think one of the reasons why is clearly because Kim Kwang Soo (he's the CEO of Mnet Media) drag T-ara to "help" Gang Kiz in so many ways (video narrating,video editing,photographing,etc) as if they they murderous schedules aren't enough.Another reasons is probably because thier Honey Honey song is kinda similar to Lovey Dovey and for having a concept like Cry Cry.Mnet Media clearly runs out of ideas.

"I'm sorry, but thank you. They weren't required to come with, but they willingly helped us. T-ara also had no break in Europe, but even though they suffered a lot in Korea with their busy schedules, they came and helped"

Heh,finally.I've been waiting for someone to officially say this.I never once believe they are having a vacation in Europe.

Probably. More or less, i think it's because of the series of events that lead up to this Europe 'Trip'

First, KKS called the girls lazy, prideful and arrogant after giving them a measly weekend off. Then he announced that there's a possibility of a member being kicked out because of above reasons, and lthat 2 members would be joining them. After all that load of bs, he went and; like you said, dragged T-ara to go with the new girl group on this 'trip'

I think the majority of the people who are bashing Gangkiz are possibly T-ara 'fans'. They're probably just venting their fustrastions about this whole thing still. But instead of directing it to the sole perpetrator, they're directing it towards Gangkiz.

I'm still hoping and praying on the inside that T-ara would get their break, a decent one after their crazy concert schedule..

But i have a feeling that that would only happen when hell freezes over =~=;;

It's great to see them finally thanking T-ara in a good way. Cause for a rookie to say "i want to surpass you" to a senior in the same management company just show their cockiness, and possibly it's Asshole Kim's idea. You don't see Fx says that to SNSD or SUJU to TVXQ. But I just can't stand that they keep relate T-ara to them in anyway, which I think it's asshole kim's idea too. Like what he did to Jiyeon saying she resembles Kim Tae Hee. Relating to someone more popular has always been his way of promoting idols.

I actually am really enjoying Gangkiz's first mini-album, but I'm not going to lie-with the exception of "Honey Honey" (which does sound a lot like "Roly-Poly" and "Lovey-Dovey") all of the tracks on the album sound like something that could've possibly been included on T-ara's first album. That's mean as a compliment, by the way, as AFA remains my favorite full-length K-Pop album to this day.

For some reason I have a good feeling about Gangkiz doing well; "Honey Honey" is enjoyable and easily my favorite title track from a rookie group to debut this year so far, and their rehearsal vid showed that while the choreo they plan on using to perform the song live is by no means spectacular, it's pretty good, and the girls can dance fairly decently.

As far as Gangkiz's statement that the European trip was by no means a vacation for T-ara, of course it wasn't. We all knew that. And I really wouldn't take their claims that they want to exceed or meet T-ara's level of success so seriously; if anything, it's a compliment. T-ara has been very successful, most groups (boy or girl) would give their right arm to experience the level of fame the girls have reached. Of course, if they knew the sacrifices the girls more than likely had to make in order to get there they may rethink their stance, but I digress.

Well, it's nice of them to tell the truth...

I hope t-ara and gangkiz will support each other..

the competitiveness will benefit both of them as long as it's healthy..

I so hope that with the push will make t-ara more mature...

I'm sure that both group will become the best in the future...

T-ara's first and gangkiz second....(i don't want gangkiz to beat t-ara)...

so Gangkiz is T-ara junior?! (seven members) and T-ara become 9 members on July?!

i dunno why, i jst feel T-ara have something that can't be replaced by Gangkiz.. even though many ppl said they try to be a look like loveable as T-ara, and more mature (like on MV)

oh, yes this what KKS said that "They (T-ara) need to continue to constantly work harder and take on new challenges."

OMG! stop this all bull sh*t!

if Gangkiz want to be exceed and Top Tier please, be yourself and find your original taste as a kpop group and music!

and i hope 5dolls and speed or Co_Ed also get much attention for their music and talent!!

oh well, good luck Gangkiz

and T-ara i heart you!

well... at first i also have a bad response to them.. but i think they aren't that bad.. i like Honey Honey...

i also get mad to them when i read their statement that they want to surpass T-Ara.. but after i thinking back.. that's normal..

all of idols need to compete to be the best, it's really normal in the entertainment life.. note here, competing with a good way.. no war.. just peace.. a healthy competition.. moreover, seems like T-Ara have a good relationship with Gangkiz (jz see how close Sooeun and Hwayoung when they are in Europe, it's looks natural..) they also support Gangkiz.. so why we have to hate them ? now i'm supporting Gangkiz too jz like what T-Ara girls do...

it's your right to don't liking them, it's okay.. but don't bashing... they also have their right to shining as idol... :)

I think people are bashing Gang Kiz too much. They just want to work hard to achieve the same success as T-ara, I think that's what they meant. So basically, everyone knows how famous our girls are, haha. (I remembered last year that 5-doll said something like this too.)

T-ara is always my main bias, others will have to be second :P

so Gangkiz is T-ara junior?! (seven members) and T-ara become 9 members on July?!

i dunno why, i jst feel T-ara have something that can't be replaced by Gangkiz.. even though many ppl said they try to be a look like loveable as T-ara, and more mature (like on MV)

oh, yes this what KKS said that "They (T-ara) need to continue to constantly work harder and take on new challenges."

OMG! stop this all bull sh*t!

if Gangkiz want to be exceed and Top Tier please, be yourself and find your original taste as a kpop group and music!

and i hope 5dolls and speed or Co_Ed also get much attention for their music and talent!!

oh well, good luck Gangkiz

and T-ara i heart you!

Of course Gang Kiz is T-ara's hoobae.I mean T-ara has been in the Entertainment Industry since 2009 so they are three years ahead of them.And yes,two new members will be added into T-ara this July and they,along with 7 members of T-ara will be promoting and performing together on stages starting from T-ara's first concert in July - which is BS because they literally ride on T-ara's popularity that has been built since 2009.Not that I hate them but I'm more hating on KKS for torturing T-ara.

Honey Honey,like most people already said a mix between Lovey Dovey,Roly Poly and their concept is more or less like Cry Cry - in fact,is sounds like Lovey Dovey trot version.The song lost the originality especially amongst T-ara's hardcore fans who have been hearing this song since January.But then again,it's not really their fault though.If we look at it,KPOP idols (or groups) don't really have the authority to choose which concept for their comebacks/debut.The highest they can go is probably discussing the concepts but in the end,it's up to the company on which song they want their artists to promote.

I believe one of the reasons why Gang Kiz looks more matured than T-ara is because they are all older than T-ara - with the oldest at age of 29 while the youngest is 23 (same age as Hyomin).And,they all look very tall compare to T-ara.Oh,about Co-ed and 5-Dolls,they are like literally dead.I don't really hear anything about them.And for SPEED,they "disappear" after the Lovey Dovey PLUS promotion.Mnet Media can't even manage them properly.I'm worried what's going to happen to Gang Kiz.