Diadem Forums

[12.05.15] Gangkiz to T-ara, "We're sorry and thankful"

nathaniel

i think people hate them because they once said that they want to beat and surpass T-ara so i'm not surprise if they get haters even before their debut. KKS plan to make a whole change in T-ara make the situation even worse. but despite CCM's plan to make Gangkiz as the second T-ara (looks like T-ara in mature side), i quite like their songs (don't know it's because sounds like T-araish or what) but i like it especially "shh", "tonight", and "i would never think goodbye" (this is my fave :wub: ost coffee house, i never know gangkiz leader is the one who sang it). and tbh i prefer their honey honey than T-ara lovey dovey, maybe it's just because more mature than LD despite i hate all of cutesy songs just like RP, etc.

but i hope CCM will change Gangkiz concept, i don't like if there are two T-ara, i just want one T-ara (the original) lol

so from my personal opinion, i like them (except the concept and T-araishh style) and my current fave members are the leader (i forget her name) and lee hae in (because she looks like eunjung lol)

i wish they will success and can find their own style :)

Ahh, there are so many things I want to rant about here.

First of all, I'm glad that Gangkiz (did I spell it correctly?) at least expressed their gratitude to T-ara for helping them so much. Whether they are forced to say so or they are faking it or whatsoever, I'm just glad that AT LEAST people will know how T-ara helped their juniors despite their tight schedules.

To be honest, like some of the T-ara fans, I was quite annoyed at their comments about trying to beat T-ara but when I think back, it was probably not their intention to make it public. They might be asked by their company to expressly say it to the public since it's free publicity after all. The more hate you get, the more attention you'll gain. They linked all Gangkiz's news to T-ara, they used T-ara's concept in their music and also music video, they mentioned T-ara in every single interview and the next step is to be as successful as T-ara.

I have listened to most of their songs in their new album and I would like to say it doesn't sound bad at all. Except honey honey, the rest don't seem to sound like T-ara (for me). Although their group name sounds childish their concept are more matured and sexy compared to T-ara.

well, i was hoping CCM wouldn't be focus too much of promoting those new girl group and just ignore T-ara

If CCM promotes T-ara now, will you be one of the first to cry out that they slave drive T-ara? I wonder how people come up to the idea that CCM is "ignoring" T-ara, and then hating on Gangkiz for that....

At one point, I was having the same perception that CCM was ignoring T-ara since they spent so much money on Gangkiz, alongside with that below par Lovey Dovey Jap version music video and the additional new members, it's not surprising that some of us have that mindset. BUT, no matter what, I don't think that CCM will be that stupid to ignore T-ara before they can find a substitute who can earn CCM as much money as T-ara does. CCM will never ever ignore T-ara until they milk out all the possible cash that they could get from T-ara.

@nathaniel - I really doubt that T-ara actually gives a damn about Gangkiz's career, all things considered.

I remember reading a comment on a blog about the teaser for honey honey where the editing was purposely done all over the place by HYOMIN. ^_^ (I hope Hyomin is not that evil to do that and I doubt the truth of the comment) We will never know what's going on behind the scenes. Whether T-ara willingly help them or they are just forced to help them. On the outside, T-ara might look like they enjoyed themselves while helping them but photos can be faked and comments can be scripted.

I'm still hoping and praying on the inside that T-ara would get their break, a decent one after their crazy concert schedule..

We all hope that T-ara will get some rest but when you look at it, things just don't work this way. The world is a place where when you are out of sight, you are out of mind. Fans are always expecting new music, concerts and performances from their idol. When their idol "rests", some fans will just divert themselves to other active idols (with very loyal fans as exceptions). And when you are not on the headlines for a long time, you will be forgotten. With T-ara at the peak of their career, I don't think they plan to stop at least for now. It's hard to be like 2ne1 where they are very famous even though they don't appear on variety shows and they have plenty of rest compared to others. T-ara gives the image of the most overworked idol in Kpop and they will never lose the title.

Just saw the dance practice video of "honey honey". The song is ok, maybe if i listen to it more then it will grow on me. I really don't feel like giving Gangkiz more of my time cause most of it is used for following T-ara :rolleyes: But good luck to Gangkiz and their debut.

"well, i was hoping CCM wouldn't be focus too much of promoting those new girl group and just ignore T-ara"

well sorry, i'm going to elaborate what i meant about this... i just thought Gangkiz is under CCM because i haven't done any research about them due to lack of time... with this thought of mind that they are both under CCM, i just thought of "what if" Gangkiz would really surpass T-ara (which i think no one can be like them, they are too unique), what do you think will happen? CCM may just ignore T-ara and focus to the new girl group because there is lots of cash in them...if you think it's impossible, i tell you somehow it can be possible in business/entertainment world... well this is what i thought at saying those words... but now i stand corrected because they are not under CCM, thanks for clarification...

and let me clear up something, I don't hate them, i just dislike those words, "passing T-ara and be like them"... well, it is our own different perspectives right? but just what i said, for me it seemed like a negative words but i'm looking to the positvity of those words too, don't hate me for that, i'm just saying my opinion^^

i don't think that Gangkiz will surpass T-ara, because T-ara is on different level..

and Gangkiz's "honey honey" is just follow T-ara recent songs like "Roly Poly" or "Lovey Dovey"

so that's why T-ara fans will support Gangkiz as T-ara Junior

*NB: i just give my opinion, not hate them :))

I love GangKiz HoneyHoney Mv.I think their voice and dance moves are really good.

I hope all the best to them in the future.Its good to see them respect the older

group.And how T-ara and GangKiz cared for each other.

I hope to see GangKiz on stage soon.

lol at some of the replies here. it's not that serious tbh... people will overreact at the tiniest things and try as hard as they can to turn nothing into something to make an issue of.

Anyway, I like Honey Honey and I hope Gangkiz does well.

Ok you see, the problem is that Gangkiz already had a rough start all the way back when they were first introduced and showed on the europe day trip videos on youtube. I can just bluntly say almost 90% of viewers just, didn't accept them at that time because of reasons such as "oh they think of replacing t-ara?" or "they are just riding on t-ara's success". I'm sick of all those comments at that time and i'm sure there are others like me whom have just accept Gangkiz as just another k-pop girl group that just happens to work under the same company as T-ara. I'm sure many saw the comments that are downright mean and fans which i assume are T-ara 'fans' are boycotting the videos because simply T-ara ain't in it, although i can understand their feelings of being 'scammed'.

I'm happy for them actually, having T-ara really does help promoted themselves even further although i would say negatively. True that, i won't dismiss the fact that T-ara might NOT throughout enjoyed helping out Gangkiz because we aren't T-ara, we won't know what goes on behind all the smiling interviews or on tape. But i believe T-ara did this out of goodwill, seeing that Qri and Haein are good friends and all, and its just natural for friends to just help each other.

Now about what they said about surpassing T-ara might actually get into the fans in the wrong way, maybe they shouldn't have used the words so netizens which i'm pretty sure are T-ara fans, wouldn't just jump on conclusions that these girls are overconfident that they would surpass their seniors. No, they are just merely setting their expectation to be the best, in this case T-ara is one of them best girl groups currently, and who wouldn't wanna be the best they could be. Now about 'Honey Honey'..yea its not say the most orignal song, it has the usual T-ara vibe to it, but not everyone started out perfect and finding their own style, along the way i'm sure Gangkiz would slowly seperate themselves from just "T-ara wannabes". Nobody wants to be labelled a copycat and i'm positive Gangkiz is no means of a replacement for T-ara. Point taken yes, i AM a GangKiz fan from the start so yes, i am defending them. But i won't deny that name is still pretty stupid lol.

Ok you see, the problem is that Gangkiz already had a rough start all the way back when they were first introduced and showed on the europe day trip videos on youtube. I can just bluntly say almost 90% of viewers just, didn't accept them at that time because of reasons such as "oh they think of replacing t-ara?" or "they are just riding on t-ara's success". I'm sick of all those comments at that time and i'm sure there are others like me whom have just accept Gangkiz as just another k-pop girl group that just happens to work under the same company as T-ara. I'm sure many saw the comments that are downright mean and fans which i assume are T-ara 'fans' are boycotting the videos because simply T-ara ain't in it, although i can understand their feelings of being 'scammed'.

I'm happy for them actually, having T-ara really does help promoted themselves even further although i would say negatively. True that, i won't dismiss the fact that T-ara might NOT throughout enjoyed helping out gankiz because we aren't T-ara, we won't know what goes on behind all the smiling interviews or on tape. But i believe T-ara did this out of goodwill, seeing that Qri and Haein are good friends and all, and its just natural for friends to just help each other.

Now about what they said about surpassing T-ara might actually get into the fans in the wrong way, maybe they shouldn't have used the words so netizens which i'm pretty sure are T-ara fans, wouldn't just jump on conclusions that these girls are overconfident that they would surpass their seniors. No, they are just merely setting their expectation to be the best, in this case T-ara is one of them best girl groups currently, and who wouldn't wanna be the best they could be. Now about 'Honey Honey'..yea its not say the most orignal song, it has the usual T-ara vibe to it, but not everyone started out perfect and finding their own style, along the way i'm sure Gangkiz would slowly seperate themselves from just "T-ara wannabes". Point taken yes, i AM a GangKiz fan from the start so yes, i am defending them. But i won't deny that name is still pretty stupid lol.

I agree.

I don't hate or dislike them either musically or personally. I think they're nice young girls looking to debut, but their management is just going about it at the worst way and at the worst time.

With the earlier news floating around of T-ara member change and additions, it was just a sensitive time to have same-company girls come out at say "We're going to try to be better than T-ara". I think people really took that the wrong way. To add oil to the fire, the management keeps dragging T-ara's name throughout GK's activities. Again, not helping at all.

I just hope that CCM or GM or whoever is overseeing them would realize that this is really not helping their fanbase and try to think of something more creative and independent for GK.

Let's be honest here. The only reason people really paid attention to Gangkiz in the first place was because they heard that T-ARA went to Europe as staff to help them. If this didn't happen, they would have been just like any other rookie girl group that had to work hard to create hype for themselves. These girls basically just sat back and let T-ARA create all the hype for them. And the whole " We want to beat T-ARA" thing, I highly doubt that that will happen if they keep going on with that mindset. 5Dolls said the same thing when they started promoting, and I dont' want to bring them down or anything, but up until now they are still nowhere near T-ARA's success. Everything that T-ARA releases is always a hit, be it in Korea, Japan, China or even across the globe. I've never heard any top girl group, like T-ARA or SNSD, the Wonder Girls etc. say that they want to specifically beat any other girl group. They've always said thing like they want to be able to grow and mature both as a group and individually, and not just music-wise, but also in movies, TV, CFs etc. That's why they're at the top now.

surpass them? reach the same level. sound ambitious for a newbie group. they should first focus on their foundation, building up fan base and who knows, they may reach the same level as t-ara, but not to forget t-ara is not slowing down either. so they have a lot of catching up to do...

surpass them? reach the same level. sound ambitious for a newbie group. they should first focus on their foundation, building up fan base and who knows, they may reach the same level as t-ara, but not to forget t-ara is not slowing down either. so they have a lot of catching up to do...

Yeah,I know right..I don't know but they kinda sounds bighead in my opinion.I mean,they don't even officially debut but yet they dare to say something like that when T-ara work their asses off for Gang Kiz as if their murderous schedules ain't enough.They can at least say something more humble like "Our seniors work so hard to achieve what they have today.We want to reach to their level although we know that it's going to be tough.But we willing to work as hard as them and help each other" or something like that.

T-ara already in Entertainment Industry since 2009 and they are three years ahead of them.If they really want to surpass T-ara - hell,that's a lot of work to be done.Luckily Gang Kiz cleared it up by saying they were sorry and thankful for all the hard works AND clarify that they had no vacation whatsoever in Europe.

OK..at first I dislike GangKiz but since GangKiz under CCM, and for the sake of T-ARA (I'm a die hard fan of T-ARA before debut), I told myself why not I give a try and a chance to GangKiz. After listen to their songs Shh, Super Love, I Would Never Think Goodbye and Honey Honey, I just found out these girls kinda interesting. So, rather than make myself getting sick with KKS, I started to like GangKiz.

Anything for T-ARA, take my wallet girls...I won't mind getting broke because of CCM artists. Even KKS are SUCK but he's the best producer of the 2011.

So, I will give my support to GangKiz...

Let's be honest here. The only reason people really paid attention to Gangkiz in the first place was because they heard that T-ARA went to Europe as staff to help them. If this didn't happen, they would have been just like any other rookie girl group that had to work hard to create hype for themselves. These girls basically just sat back and let T-ARA create all the hype for them. And the whole " We want to beat T-ARA" thing, I highly doubt that that will happen if they keep going on with that mindset. 5Dolls said the same thing when they started promoting, and I dont' want to bring them down or anything, but up until now they are still nowhere near T-ARA's success. Everything that T-ARA releases is always a hit, be it in Korea, Japan, China or even across the globe. I've never heard any top girl group, like T-ARA or SNSD, the Wonder Girls etc. say that they want to specifically beat any other girl group. They've always said thing like they want to be able to grow and mature both as a group and individually, and not just music-wise, but also in movies, TV, CFs etc. That's why they're at the top now.

Thank you and I love you for this comment. A love from Queen's to Queen's ..

When GangKiz reach the same level as T-ARA now , when that happen, T-ARA already one of the legend in Kpop industry. I'm not surprise if Hyomin will become CEO of CCM, Jiyeon will be the MV Director, Soyeon will be Vocal Instructor, HwaYoung become Composer, Qri owning her own e-shopping, Eunjung become a Producer and Boram become Aminator... If we look back these 3 years, T-ARA learn a lot of thing and showed us their hidden talents.

When GangKiz reach the same level as T-ARA now , when that happen, T-ARA already one of the legend in Kpop industry. I'm not surprise if Hyomin will become CEO of CCM, Jiyeon will be the MV Director, Soyeon will be Vocal Instructor, HwaYoung become Composer, Qri owning her own e-shopping, Eunjung become a Producer and Boram become Aminator... If we look back these 3 years, T-ARA learn a lot of thing and showed us their hidden talents.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt any of the members will ever remain affiliated with CCM after T-ara itself disbands - after going through all the misery KKS inflicted on them, they'd probably very likely split on their own or in pairs to other agencies or even create their own company (in this case, Shinhwa comes into mind). CCM's former artists such as SG Wannabe and Lee Hyori also left the company and they were big hits years back - and have yet to come back to CCM in any way.

And I hardly doubt KKS will ever give up his position as CEO anytime soon, unless the cops bust him for something big (doubtful), he resigns and retires (again, doubtful) or the shareholders remove him indefinitely (probably won't happen since CJ Group has stayed pretty quiet regarding CCM so far).

The guy's only 50 or so and it won't be till at least 10 years when he'll possibly retire.

And I hardly doubt KKS will ever give up his position as CEO anytime soon, unless the cops bust him for something big (doubtful), he resigns and retires (again, doubtful) or the shareholders remove him indefinitely (probably won't happen since CJ Group has stayed pretty quiet regarding CCM so far).

Even if he's dying,I doubt that he's going to pass his position to anyone,too.Once again,I agree that none of the girls (or should I say,almost all of their artists) want to remain in CCM or Mnet Media after the contract with the company expires.Who wants to keep been tortured by a beast that - like you always say,having a brain that floating in outer space?

Haha!!! I'm expecting much from this group! haha!!! i wonder what kind of image CCM is going to present this time! :)

Their debut stage on Music Bank is already on YouTube.You can check it out.

But seriously,the should change the name.A lot of violence clips pops out because of the name. :mellow: