Diadem Forums

[PICS] T-ara as Sudden Attack characters (05/16)

candy_floss

Being a former Sudden Attack player and fan, I really have to say Nexon's disappointed me again.

Ever since 2010, I felt the game had been going downhill since it started catering more towards younger players (age 8-13) while those in high school and uni were steadily ignored - not to mention the amount of idol characters as well as some weird ones started popping up around back then, making the concept of the original characters a moot point (the Red Team and Blue Team). Not to mention SA essentially copied the Zombie mode matches in Counter Strike: Online by making a Vampire mode.

Putting Rain first was a huge hit, but really, is it necessary to add more idol characters in? Big Bang, 2NE1 and KARA were already put in and now T-ara? And who's going to be next? Rainbow? SNSD? BEAST? MBLAQ? At most, Nexon's just doing it purely for the money.

Not even other popular FPS games in Korea like Counter Strike: Online and SF add idols into their character list. At this rate, I might as well call the game Idol Attack, not Sudden Attack. *Sigh* Nexon....what are you doing to this game...

oh god ... why ? lol this game, these characters are like ... deteriorating their images, idk just look at Soyeon and Hwayoung

anyway, Eunjung looks exactly the same, maybe younger a bit

Being a former Sudden Attack player and fan, I really have to say Nexon's disappointed me again.

Ever since 2010, I felt the game had been going downhill since it started catering more towards younger players (age 8-13) while those in high school and uni were steadily ignored - not to mention the amount of idol characters as well as some weird ones started popping up around back then, making the concept of the original characters a moot point (the Red Team and Blue Team). Not to mention SA essentially copied the Zombie mode matches in Counter Strike: Online by making a Vampire mode.

Putting Rain first was a huge hit, but really, is it necessary to add more idol characters in? Big Bang, 2NE1 and KARA were already put in and now T-ara? And who's going to be next? Rainbow? SNSD? BEAST? MBLAQ? At most, Nexon's just doing it purely for the money.

Not even other popular FPS games in Korea like Counter Strike: Online and SF add idols into their character list. At this rate, I might as well call the game Idol Attack, not Sudden Attack. *Sigh* Nexon....what are you doing to this game...

What's the game like? Is it violent? It seems cool.

How do I get to play as T-ara?

The game's available in different versions, depending on your location since Nexon's expanded overseas quite a bit. I believe there's a Korean, Chinese and North American version - the K version obviously gets the most attention since it's the main source of income while NA is catered mostly towards players based at North America (as well as South America), SE Asia, Australia, New Zealand and MAYBE Japan to some extent - effectively making it the international version. There was a specific Vietnamese version made as well a while back but it was shut down - at least from what I heard, due to an excessive amounts of hackers breaking in.

The T-ara characters are most likely for the Korean version though, in which you need to registrate and make a Nexon ID - which also means you need a Korean national ID number (or whatever it's called and pretty much means you need a Korean passport as well).

Much like the Big Bang, 2NE1, Rain and KARA characters, you'll probably have to pay to play as T-ara characters as well (SK's gaming industry is also highly developed and commercialized in its own right so it's not uncommon to see even the average player spend a fair amount of real-life cash as well - back at Korea 09, most of the guys I knew spent money for specific characters or items in all sorts of games - hell, my aunt's eldest kid, aged only 11 spent as much as 50k Won in a month on that kinda stuff and got no complaints). Worse off, you only keep the bought characters for a limited time. The characters do offer bonus such as extra points per kill, extra experience etc. though.

Don't know about the Chinese version but NA hasn't got any of the idol characters so far. If it did, I would have heard about it already or from a few mates or my brothers since they still play it a lot.

For violence, you can choose it to be ON or OFF in the settings mode in the game itself. I wouldn't recommend the NA version though since lagging happens occasionally, not to mention it has a higher amount of hackers and tappers than the Korean version by a massive margin.

In gameplay, it's quite wide and very much like the typical FPS game you'll come across to. Rooms can fit up to 16 people maximum and are divided into two teams (red and blue). The rest of the info for gameplay modes can be found at either Nexon itself or in Wikipedia.

Real money is used to pay for special items and characters while points are for buying weapons and gear - points are earned from killing players of the other team as well as accomplishing certain objectives for more specific game modes. Points also add up to your experience bar, which is used to progress through the ranks (you start as a Recruit) - the higher the rank, the longer it takes to rank up. Kill/death ratios are also measured - if your death ratio is higher, the lower the percentage it is (above average and higher-skilled players range from between 50% to as high as 68%, depending on which game modes they play the most and how far the gap between their kills and deaths is).

Weapon-wise, there's primary, secondary, grenade and melee.

Ideally, most players would take the AK-47 as primary and D.Eagle as secondary (nades and melee highly depends on personal choice). Others would use the M4A1 or TRG-21 (to smaller degree, SCAR and FAMAS are used too) while other weapons are practically ignored - submachine guns, shotguns and machine guns are a very rare sight and there's a reason why average players don't use them.

You can also apply for 'clans' and engage in matches with other clans in the Clan match servers - though a lot of these clans can be pretty picky with membership while other players act as YB - 'yong byung', which means mercenary in Korean, fighting for a clan until they're no longer needed but get gifted items from the clan itself as pay. Which also goes to say, a significant number of clans are filled with players who're also K.version veterans (myself included).

Having played both versions, hackers and tappers were very rare to come across to when I played the Korean version during 2008 to the end of 2009 but for the NA version (started playing this when I went back to NZ in 2010 since playing the K. verson here tends to lag a lot due to distance), I literally lost count, especially from September and beyond.

K. version is a lot safer to play but you'll probably come across a lot more better-skilled players while the NA version is the opposite (so long as you avoid the more high-leveled players unless you're confident enough to take them on, which has also increased in number since 2011). New players would struggle a lot initially however.

Sorry if I rambled on lol.

Hope this helps!

The game's available in different versions, depending on your location since Nexon's expanded overseas quite a bit. I believe there's a Korean, Chinese and North American version - the K version obviously gets the most attention since it's the main source of income while NA is catered mostly towards players based at North America (as well as South America), SE Asia, Australia, New Zealand and MAYBE Japan to some extent - effectively making it the international version. There was a specific Vietnamese version made as well a while back but it was shut down - at least from what I heard, due to an excessive amounts of hackers breaking in.

The T-ara characters are most likely for the Korean version though, in which you need to registrate and make a Nexon ID - which also means you need a Korean national ID number (or whatever it's called and pretty much means you need a Korean passport as well).

Much like the Big Bang, 2NE1, Rain and KARA characters, you'll probably have to pay to play as T-ara characters as well (SK's gaming industry is also highly developed and commercialized in its own right so it's not uncommon to see even the average player spend a fair amount of real-life cash as well - back at Korea 09, most of the guys I knew spent money for specific characters or items in all sorts of games - hell, my aunt's eldest kid, aged only 11 spent as much as 50k Won in a month on that kinda stuff and got no complaints). Worse off, you only keep the bought characters for a limited time. The characters do offer bonus such as extra points per kill, extra experience etc. though.

Don't know about the Chinese version but NA hasn't got any of the idol characters so far. If it did, I would have heard about it already or from a few mates or my brothers since they still play it a lot.

For violence, you can choose it to be ON or OFF in the settings mode in the game itself. I wouldn't recommend the NA version though since lagging happens occasionally, not to mention it has a higher amount of hackers and tappers than the Korean version by a massive margin.

In gameplay, it's quite wide and very much like the typical FPS game you'll come across to. Rooms can fit up to 16 people maximum and are divided into two teams (red and blue). The rest of the info for gameplay modes can be found at either Nexon itself or in Wikipedia.

Real money is used to pay for special items and characters while points are for buying weapons and gear - points are earned from killing players of the other team as well as accomplishing certain objectives for more specific game modes. Points also add up to your experience bar, which is used to progress through the ranks (you start as a Recruit) - the higher the rank, the longer it takes to rank up. Kill/death ratios are also measured - if your death ratio is higher, the lower the percentage it is (above average and higher-skilled players range from between 50% to as high as 68%, depending on which game modes they play the most and how far the gap between their kills and deaths is).

Ideally, most players would take the AK-47 as primary and D.Eagle as secondary (nades and melee highly depends on personal choice). Others would use the M4A1 or TRG-21 (to smaller degree, SCAR and FAMAS are used too) while other weapons are practically ignored - submachine guns, shotguns and machine guns are a very rare sight and there's a reason why average players don't use them.

You can also apply for 'clans' and engage in matches with other clans in the Clan match servers - though a lot of these clans can be pretty picky with membership while other players act as YB - 'yong byung', which means mercenary in Korean, fighting for a clan until they're no longer needed but get gifted items from the clan itself as pay. Which also goes to say, a significant number of clans are filled with players who're also K.version veterans (myself included).

Having played both versions, hackers and tappers were very rare to come across to when I played the Korean version during 2008 to the end of 2009 but for the NA version (started playing this when I went back to NZ in 2010 since playing the K. verson here tends to lag a lot due to distance), I literally lost count, especially from September and beyond.

K. version is a lot safer to play but you'll probably come across a lot more better-skilled players while the NA version is the opposite (so long as you avoid the more high-leveled players unless you're confident enough to take them on, which has also increased in number since 2011). New players would struggle a lot initially however.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your explanation!

omg! i cant recognize them hihi nice animation. is this online game?

Yes it's an online game that's free to download at Nexon.

You won't find them anywhere in the North American version of the game though (NA version is used by players outside Korea and maybe China since the Korean version doesn't work properly anywhere outside Korea) - the Korean version also has Big Bang, 2NE1, KARA, Rain and 2 comedians from Gag Concert as playable characters but no other version has so far released them for play.

Worse - you have to pay money to play as idol characters AND you don't keep them forever. The amount you pay depends on how long you choose to keep them for (3 days, 1 week, 1 month, maybe 3 months if it's available). The longer you choose to keep them, the higher the price you need to pay.

• 4 months later...