Diadem Forums

[12.05.23] T-ara's new members to be revealed on May 31st and June 7th

nathaniel

I do not think I'm okay with this even half of the year or ever, simplybecause things should not be so, it's really annoying.

I'm tired of CCM do the best you seems with the girls. Please, the two prospective members are only a kids, there are many groups with members of the same age but I doubt those girls can resist the pressure which means by now be a member of "T-ARA"

On the other hand, all that was achieved so far, the work, effort, tears and sacrifices, was achieved with seven members.

By putting these two infants think the idea of the CCM is T-ARA as a project, changeable, rotation, that's what most suits them. I feel stupid, "T-ARA" can endure and become a legend with seven members.

I believe that this controversy will only have CCM and more trouble, I see itas a delay and not as an expansion opportunity.

See, I really hate this attitude of "people have to get over it". No, they don't have to. Everyone is entitled their own opinions, everyone needs their time to cope with the changes and I don't think people have a right to decide who is a true fan and who isn't. Just because someone is ok with this it doesn't mean the rest must be. I'm not going to hate on the new girls because it's not their fault and they're too young to be dealing with this, but that doesn't mean I'm ok with CCM's decision.

This is completely different from when they added BoSoRi and even Hwayoung. The first change was pre-debut and they had to do it because Jsquared left the group. It's normal for rookies to have lineup changes, they're rookies. The second change was made one year after T-ara's debut, when they weren't nearly as popular and established as they are now. It still was unnecessary because they already had two rappers and Hwa can't sing, but the group wasn't a top group like they are at the moment. But even now, there are people who still don't accept her in the group (I mean, if KKS really got rid of a member like he said he might, and that member was Hwayoung, I doubt the outrage would be the same as if they kicked out someone else). She still gets a LOT less screentime than the rest of the members. Roly Poly era was especially bad for her, and it was only recently that she was allowed to shine. But now, T-ara has reached a status in which they are considered one of the top girl groups in Korea, and they were even the second girlgroup behind SNSD in the 2011 Gallup poll. You don't see established groups having totally random lineup changes (Afterschool -who isn't nearly as popular as T-ara- does it but the graduation system is their concept, so it's not random), You won't see 2ne1, SNSD or Big Bang adding new members at this stage, because anyone with common sense can see that you don't change what is already working, especially when you are at the top. It's especially unfair for the current members because they went through A LOT to reach this status. It could be completely understandable if someone was leaving the group and they had to look for a replacement, but in T-ara's case no one is leaving so there's no reason for this lineup change. I think that's what makes people upset.

But anyway, even now, I really hope the new members are the omg amazing vocalists the CEO says they are for the sake of the group. They don't need another Hwayoung (in the sense that they don't need yet another member that will be underutilized and pushed back) and more importantly, I really hope this is not a case of "adding people because their English skills only". In any case, I hope the 14-year-old girl is not one of the members. I don't think someone that young has a place in T-ara, it will completely change the way the group is in order to accomodate the youngest member, not to mention that someone that young shouldn't deal with the schedules and level of stress T-ara gets. Besides, they won't be able to do mature or sexy concepts in the future, and lately most T-ara tracks have a mature element to them, not to mention how awkward the group dynamycs will get. Even Cry Cry and Lovey Dovey have guns and clubbing, Really, I hope this works out in the end because I love the current members and they've put way too much into this to achieve success, but I'm not too optimistic :/

That's some interesting insight into the whole thing you got there josiexjo. I got to say that to me the new recruits could fall into two distinct categories: the sacred triunvirate (Jiyeon, Hyomin, EunJung) + Soyeon group; or the Qri, Boram, Hwayoung group. If they fall in the former category sparks are going to fly as the battle will be hard for lyrics and protagonism, if they fall in the later category, well, anonimity and disdein awaits for them, Hwayoung style.

... well... i'm going to try... TRY... to accept the two new members... and try to be mature about it... <_< ... HOWEVER! If they get more lines in their next promoted song than my Hyomin, Eunjung, and Jiyeon... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!! as for boram, qri, and hwayoung... imma be pissed if they dont even get a line!! D:<

... i hate this! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

some of you people need to calm down

it not like there replacing anyone

all the girls is still there

there just adding two new members

now if they were replacing someone

then it will be a different story

so stop hating if your are true

fans then just support them

i personally like it and i can't wait for the

two new members and there

new songs

This just gets better.... a 14 year old? Not sure what the obsession is with adding younger members. If he wants a young girl group to cater to the younger demographic, why can't he just create another group. For crying out loud, T-ara are great as they are now, they are almost considered a top tier girl group. Aren't they regarded as CCM's best success story? Why mess with the group dynamics? (most of them have spent 3 years or more with each other now and over a year with regards to Hwayoung.) Plus I doubt the current 7 will be happy. They will be taking a pay cut (EJ mentioned on Happy Together that for solo CFs, the participating member gets a bigger share while the rest are split among the other members) unless they have already changed the contract terms with regards to pay distribution.

I wonder if Jiyeon's current tweets on having insomnia have anything to do with this news. Of course, this is just pure speculation on my part.

Out of curiosity, how are the members at t-arafancafe taking the news? I have an account there but I can't read hangul. It will be pointless to start a petition/topic/whatever in the fancafe, won't it?

I almost wished they had hardcore proactive Korean fans.

I thought T-ara already also caters to the younger demographic lol.

It's not like adding that kid in would make a difference. I mean, what does she got? Basically nothing right now, expect for the fact that she lived in the US for roughly 10 years, minus some years for being a trainee in Korea.

As for the fancafe, i think even if they do sign a petition, it would be deleted seeing as how CCM is the one who's managing the fancafe right now.

And the tweets for the past 2 days has been rather... depressing in a sort of way. ._.;

See, I really hate this attitude of "people have to get over it". No, they don't have to. Everyone is entitled their own opinions, everyone needs their time to cope with the changes and I don't think people have a right to decide who is a true fan and who isn't. Just because someone is ok with this it doesn't mean the rest must be. I'm not going to hate on the new girls because it's not their fault and they're too young to be dealing with this, but that doesn't mean I'm ok with CCM's decision.

This is completely different from when they added BoSoRi and even Hwayoung. The first change was pre-debut and they had to do it because Jsquared left the group. It's normal for rookies to have lineup changes, they're rookies. The second change was made one year after T-ara's debut, when they weren't nearly as popular and established as they are now. It still was unnecessary because they already had two rappers and Hwa can't sing, but the group wasn't a top group like they are at the moment. But even now, there are people who still don't accept her in the group (I mean, if KKS really got rid of a member like he said he might, and that member was Hwayoung, I doubt the outrage would be the same as if they kicked out someone else). She still gets a LOT less screentime than the rest of the members. Roly Poly era was especially bad for her, and it was only recently that she was allowed to shine. But now, T-ara has reached a status in which they are considered one of the top girl groups in Korea, and they were even the second girlgroup behind SNSD in the 2011 Gallup poll. You don't see established groups having totally random lineup changes (Afterschool -who isn't nearly as popular as T-ara- does it but the graduation system is their concept, so it's not random), You won't see 2ne1, SNSD or Big Bang adding new members at this stage, because anyone with common sense can see that you don't change what is already working, especially when you are at the top. It's especially unfair for the current members because they went through A LOT to reach this status. It could be completely understandable if someone was leaving the group and they had to look for a replacement, but in T-ara's case no one is leaving so there's no reason for this lineup change. I think that's what makes people upset.

But anyway, even now, I really hope the new members are the omg amazing vocalists the CEO says they are for the sake of the group. They don't need another Hwayoung (in the sense that they don't need yet another member that will be underutilized and pushed back) and more importantly, I really hope this is not a case of "adding people because their English skills only". In any case, I hope the 14-year-old girl is not one of the members. I don't think someone that young has a place in T-ara, it will completely change the way the group is in order to accomodate the youngest member, not to mention that someone that young shouldn't deal with the schedules and level of stress T-ara gets. Besides, they won't be able to do mature or sexy concepts in the future, and lately most T-ara tracks have a mature element to them, not to mention how awkward the group dynamycs will get. Even Cry Cry and Lovey Dovey have guns and clubbing, Really, I hope this works out in the end because I love the current members and they've put way too much into this to achieve success, but I'm not too optimistic :/

Hahaa. Same here. I hate the phrase "If you're a true fan of T-ara, you should accept the new members." Screw that.

A fan shouldn't adhere to the craziness of the CEO, and accept two totally newbies into an already established and successful group.

If the real reason for adding that 14 year old; who's lived in the US for probably less than a decade, was because she has some English speaking skills, i'm going to flip. I mean, Soyeon can probably speak better English than the new girl if she, Soyeon gets some real tutoring :)

And i can already see the headlines in the future, "14 year old idol (because i don't know her name and won't even bother remembering it anyway) in T-ara goes to hospital because of stress and lack of sleep" ...... >_>

Well, whatever, those girls better have some awesome and powerful vocals otherwise, they'll never get over the antis/haters that they have right now. (majority are probably the current T-ara's fans) even though it's not really their fault. Redirection of hatred I guess lol

josiexjo: It is exactly as you said it.

It is really unfair adeciones or changes at this stage of the game.

I'm diadem before Hwayoung to become a member but it's my bias for this reason eh had to endure many negative criticisms or not, a. Boram has very good voice but not given many lines,

when these girls come, really support?,

that's what really matters to me. I would like any member, new or old to go through that kind of situation where talent and performance are put in doubt

I would like to re-read the word 'member of ornament'.

LOL I'm just saying that more internal fanwars will happen. I'm seeing a lot of hate for Hwayoung in the beginning when T-ara kept saying that she's the new maknae. Ofc it cools down now.

Jiyeon's fans are really hardcore...(and me included, can't help it xD)

Yeah a good number of us other fans get that vibe :lol:. As a T-ara fan, I can take all the insults and criticism that other groups fans dish out, but when it's another T-ara fan, that just reflects badly on all parties.

I won't judge the new girl. I questioned the add for Hwayoung but looked forward to it and was pleasantly surprised. Nothing should change this time around.

...you guys know saying you want jiyeon AND hwayoung as maknaes makes no sense, right? and you got used to hwa, you'll get used to these two lol just watch people will suddenly be fine in half a year =/

Only I didn't. tbh I still don't like her, and this is a terrible move by CCM.

i'm ok with the 19 y/o...but what the hell is 14y/o....

screw kks....she too d*mn young...

girls her age barely able to think rationally for their own sake and people around them...

this may backfire...

she needs to be in school....

and didn't ccm once said that both members are older than jiyeon but younger than boram and qri?

ccm is talking bull cr*p....

i hope the 14 y/o is not the new member...

(i know in my last post, i'm stating that i'm ok with the addition of the new members....well, that's before i knew about the 14 y/o...

now that i know about it, i'm really furious and totally NOT accepting the 14 y/o. END.)

This sure is weird news O_O

Although it is weird that the new members are so young, we shouldn't base our opinions solely on that.. It will be pretty awkward in the begin but we'll get used to it, Our 7 queens and the 2 princesses ;)?

Right now it's T-ara, From now on it's T-ara, Forever T-ara! :D