Diadem Forums

[12.05.30] T-ara's 9th member, 14-year Dani, to join T-ara in December

nathaniel

I'm sure they'll be fine. Besides, Jiyeon debuted with T-ara after just turning 16 but began gathering publicity at age 15. There's about six months between now and December, maybe Dani's 14 years western at the moment and will be 15 by then? Wonder Girls' Sohee and SNSD's Seohyun debuted at about 15 too, and let's not forget 2ne1's Minzy was a few months into 15hood when she debuted. They all rank high in popularity amongst their groups too.

Dani's a pretty one, and a suitable choice as a new maknae. Our girls have always stuck through things as a family until now, and despite their early awkwardness towards Hwayoung, they are totally happy now. There's no reason not to believe our girls will accept the new members and happily stick together once again. Let's give Dani a chance and not look down on her until she shows us what she's got :).

Correction, Seohyun debuted at the age of 16. 2NE1 may be an exception but in the case of SNSD, do note that the age gap between the members isn't very wide itself - 6 of the members alone are all 89'ers, Seohyun only 2 years below while Soo Young and Yoona are 90'ers.

If KKS's claims that the new members are 'talented' is correct, this can be seen as a jab towards the current older members to leave on their own will - kicking them out for whatever reason will bring even more negative publicity regardless of the reason. Plus, we don't even know how the current members would react to this behind-the-scenes - considering they worked tooth-and-nail for 3 years to get to where they are now, it's doubtful they'd be easy on some newbie who's practically going to ride their popularity.

Why fix something that's not broken? The only person who needs to be fixed is KKS himself along with whoever in CCM's management agrees with him.

2NE1 has Bom+Dara/Mimzy with a 10-11 year age gap and After School has Kahi/Gaeun with a 14 year age gap. It's not that big of a deal

After School actually was actually fairly popular in its earlier days but all things considered, with the whole graduation concept and the influx of new members, they pretty much sank and Pledis Ent. doesn't look like it's doing much of a good job either (debuting multiple groups at a short period of time - arguably can be seen that AS hasn't brought them enough revenue to stay afloat in the long run).

I wouldn't even go as far to compare 2NE1 and T-ara as they're entirely different groups in concept, member line-up etc. You might as well be comparing apples and oranges. Both are fruits, but wholly different in color, taste, shape etc.

She look like seungri nough said! IDC adding this girl is so wrong and stupid. She should be at school or Atleast she should find her another group. Lol the KKS you moron revealing one member at hyomin's BD and the next in Jiyeon's BD! Wow.considence much..'

Oh goodness, 14. I mean, she's a cute girl and looks kinda plain in these pictures but I'm sure she'll get a make over. The age is a problem for me though. Way too young imo especially when you have members who are 12 years older than her. I just hope the two new members bring something good to the group because I will like T-ara no matter if they have 7 members or 569 XD

I guess it is official. There isn't much we can do anymore (not like we ever really have a say). All I guess now is to look forward to her time she debuts and home she is a useful addition. I will support her (slightly cause she is from the US... and around my age...). I hope she is ready for challenging her endurance with the amount of work T-ara is given... I hope they don't give more of Hyomin's lines away to the two new members -_____- ...

I think she made a good decision by delaying her debut so she can practise more so she wont be a burden to her unnies in the future I think think she earned some points by dong that. (at least for me though) ^_^

By the way, she looks cute but not as cute as the current 7 queens ^_^

Well....it's official now...and I think to protect the original 7 Member we have to keep supporting T-ARA...

If you don't like the new member..at least give your best support for our Boram, Qri, Soyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Hwayoung..so that they can stay strong through these changes...

7-ARA Fighting!!!!

Jiyeon Fighting!!!!

Oh badddd.. it's official,, T-ara is so popular for being the retro idols. LOL but adding 14 years old .... is just a very bad idea. She's too young. I don't think she can survive. Even our T-ara girls only have 2 hours to sleep, :o omo. poor girl.

It's really final and I cannot do anything about that but the fact that she's only 14 years old,,, is she ready to push herself to the limit too like what other members did though they said that she's talented?! hope she can since she's a T-ara member now. I'm really hoping that CCM will not use the "graduation system" after school have to kick out Qri and Boram slowly from the group...

Anyhow,, I still Support T-ara!!! Hwaiting

Correction, Seohyun debuted at the age of 16

If KKS's claims that the new members are 'talented' is correct, this can be seen as a jab towards the current older members to leave on their own will - kicking them out for whatever reason will bring even more negative publicity regardless of the reason. Plus, we don't even know how the current members would react to this behind-the-scenes - considering they worked tooth-and-nail for 3 years to get to where they are now, it's doubtful they'd be easy on some newbie who's practically going to ride their popularity.

Why fix something that's not broken? The only person who needs to be fixed is KKS himself along with whoever in CCM's management agrees with him.

16 and about five weeks, hence "about" 15 :P. My bad for the crude rounding to support my point.

But yeah, there's the possibility that the current members won't take it well. But if the T-ara I love and think I know are anywhere near their genuine selves, I'm going to count on them getting through this well.

And I probably stand alone in this, but I always did think T-ara lacked the strong voice that singers like Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Celine Dione, and etc. I love Soyeon's and Eunjung's voices, but I can't help but wish for something between Eunjung's power notes and Soyeon's crisp, clear high octave. They're terrific, but imho Soyeon could use a bit more power and Eunjung a bit more control. I'm sure hoping Dani or the 8th member brings that to the group! (Or maybe I'm expecting too much out of kpop LOL)

I'm not against the new members but I just can't imagine T-ara having an underage member again. Like most Queens waited long enough to Jiyeon to come on her right age so as T-ara can have more variations in terms of concepts, style, etc. And I think that's already enough 'cause waiting for 4-5 years again will be impossible to bear. I won't be bias for the 19 y/o member too 'cause I'm not basing this on the members' age.

I just can't figure out the way this company thinks. We're not asking more from T-ara, we're just asking CCM to let them rest. They're already near the top, 2011 has become their year. That's why up to now I still can't accept the changes - why are they necessary? If he's planning on a graduation stuff like AS then prolly all the 7 members will graduate then it won't be T-ara anyways so why can't he just make another group? Or if those 2 new members are really that good to the level that they can bring T-ara on a higher ground then make them solo artists.

I know some will say that this isn't the fault of the new members and "why don't you give them a chance?" but sorry I can't just brush it off like that. Reading between the lines, I know that this is a strategy to get rid of some members. Because if not, how come KKS comments were like that? Either way, I know fans will still be reminded of member kick out issue here. But then, half heartedly I'm closing this post with the cliché - "I'll wait and see" :mellow:

CCM should leave SNSD out of this if they did the comparison cause it's not necessary it would be really difficult for her to be accepted and if people are comparing her already it would be more. On the other side I can't and won't accept her I don't have anything personal with this girl but I just can't accept the fact that a child is joining T-ARA she should be in school now she is too young and unexperienced to debut in a great group like T-ARA sorry CCM you screwed it up as always

14 ??!?!? :o SHE WILL HAVE ALL MY SUPPORT !! but jesus im turnin 15 in july, does this mean that she is even younger than me ?!?! EVEN OLDER EONNIS GET SOOOOO TIRED DUE TO THEIR SCHEDULES, HOW CAN SHE NOT GET TIRE !??! :(( DANI, YOU HAVE ALL MY SUPPORT !! WILL LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART !!! AND YAY FOR AMERICAN KOREAN :D ILY <3 T-ARA HWAITTING <3

Still she is 14!!! 14!!! Still can't get over this...

She looks like Krystal...with that little arrogant look and smirk....which I hate...Okay this is not so good.

Comparing to Yuri? Have they forgotten what happened when Jiyeon was compared to KTH back when they debuted? Ridiculous...Sones not gonna be happy...

Oh and she gets to decide to join the group later? How nice of CCM *sarcasm* Have they ever listened to the others?

And is there any other group who continuously adds/kicks members and reached the top or being really successful? Till now,none...

Anyways,here's to hope T-ara+2 will be the first ;)

*Sigh*

This is just wrong. No, it's more than just wrong. It's flat-out idiocy. What is this? After School?

At this rate, the current oldest members are going to be pressured to leave on their own will.

I guess it's bye-bye to Boram, Qri and even So Yeon in December or later.

No offense dude, but it's hard to take anything you say seriously anymore. When you're not running around spreading conspiracy theories you're badmouthing other members like Jiyeon and calling for her to be kicked out of the group while speculating that the older members will be forced out to make room for the new members. While to a certain extent I agree with some of the points you've made, you're almost extremist in some of your beliefs. I've also seen you on sites like AKPF laughing it up about how crap some of the members are and joking around with people who claim to despise T-ara; at this point you don't even sound like a real fan of the girls but someone who simply hates KKS. It's kind of hypocritical.

I'm going to simply reiterate what I said a few months back: at this point, we don't know anything concrete so speculating that members will be kicked out is just that: speculation, and nothing more. Furthermore, while I'm not thrilled about a 14 year-old joining the group, T-ara (and any other K-Pop group for that matter) are marketed towards Koreans first and foremost, so the only thing that's probably irking fans right now are the additions, not the member's ages. As people have already said, several idols have debuted around the same age, and the reason Dani will probably debut in December is so she can turn 15 and promote alongside the rest of the group without hindering their schedules.

Do not take this as me giving a stamp of approval for KKS's antics or the ridiculous member additions...I simply want to know if you're even a fan of the group at this point as you seem to be more interested in KKS than anything. It's unsettling to see some of the things you say here in contrast to some of the comments you make on other sites. As for me, I'm more worried about whether or not T-ara will survive this massive restructuring. This whole ordeal runs the risk of alienating T-ara's existing fanbase, who loves T-ara for the music, image, and members that currently comprise the lineup. Like you said, "If it ain't' broke, don't fix it," and I'm just not sure whether T-ara will survive it.

16 and about five weeks, hence "about" 15 :P. My bad for the crude rounding to support my point.

But yeah, there's the possibility that the current members won't take it well. But if the T-ara I love and think I know are anywhere near their genuine selves, I'm going to count on them getting through this well.

And I probably stand alone in this, but I always did think T-ara lacked the strong voice that singers like Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Celine Dione, and etc. I love Soyeon's and Eunjung's voices, but I can't help but wish for something between Eunjung's power notes and Soyeon's crisp, clear high octave. They're terrific, but imho Soyeon could use a bit more power and Eunjung a bit more control. I'm sure hoping Dani or the 8th member brings that to the group! (Or maybe I'm expecting too much out of kpop LOL)

I can't help but be pessimistic regarding the news though. I mean, all things considered, Boram and Qri hadn't got any real lines since the Cry Cry promotions (and arguably the Roly Poly promotions as well) and that's pretty much the same thing as saying "I don't need you" or "Leave now before I kick you out myself, b1tches" etc.

You may have a point about T-ara lacking strong voices like the ones you mentioned above but I could say the same thing for virtually every other group out there. T-ara's an idol group, not a vocal powerhouse like Davichi, Gummy or SG Wannabe.

There also goes the fact that T-ara's horribly overworked (or rather, slave-driven) so it's a no-brainer that some of their performances would sound and look lackluster and weak - some even claim that T-ara's live performances are among the weakest in Kpop.

It takes time and dedicated training and practice to become a better singer and looking at CCM, it doesn't look like it's done any of that for the T-ara members. And it's not like as if a 14yr-old is bound to be an exceptionally gifted singer to begin with - sure, maybe KKS found a Park Jimin-like vocalist but that's awfully unlikely - if so, it would waste the girl's talent and potential, that's for sure (much like Cube's G.Na). Just look at how many of T-ara's promoted tracks are practically autotuned as hell - BPBP, IGCBOY, LTFT, Roly Poly, YaYaYa, Lovey Dovey etc.

i'm still hoping that she is not the one that will be added, but, it is true now...

wawawawawa..how can this happen?

my heart scatter into pieces now.. :(

she is not even ready yet, just let her go to school and grows up more!!

No offense dude, but it's hard to take anything you say seriously anymore. When you're not running around spreading conspiracy theories you're badmouthing other members like Jiyeon and calling for her to be kicked out of the group while speculating that the older members will be forced out to make room for the new members. While to a certain extent I agree with some of the points you've made, you're almost extremist in some of your beliefs. I've also seen you on sites like AKPF laughing it up about how crap some of the members are and joking around with people who claim to despise T-ara; at this point you don't even sound like a real fan of the girls but someone who simply hates KKS. It's kind of hypocritical.

I'm going to simply reiterate what I said a few months back: at this point, we don't know anything concrete so speculating that members will be kicked out is just that: speculation, and nothing more. Furthermore, while I'm not thrilled about a 14 year-old joining the group, T-ara (and any other K-Pop group for that matter) are marketed towards Koreans first and foremost, so the only thing that's probably irking fans right now are the additions, not the member's ages. As people have already said, several idols have debuted around the same age, and the reason Dani will probably debut in December is so she can turn 15 and promote alongside the rest of the group without hindering their schedules.

Do not take this as me giving a stamp of approval for KKS's antics or the ridiculous member additions...I simply want to know if you're even a fan of the group at this point as you seem to be more interested in KKS than anything. It's unsettling to see some of the things you say here in contrast to some of the comments you make on other sites. As for me, I'm more worried about whether or not T-ara will survive this massive restructuring. This whole ordeal runs the risk of alienating T-ara's existing fanbase, who loves T-ara for the music, image, and members that currently comprise the lineup. Like you said, "If it ain't' broke, don't fix it," and I'm just not sure whether T-ara will survive it.

None taken.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them conspiracy theories but the possibility can't be rubbed out entirely, yet alone dismissed.

I don't know what you would mean by badmouthing exactly regarding to Ji Yeon but for me AKFG is a site simply for laughs, jokes and the such - not something I do for seriously, if you get what I'm saying (more or less, half of what I say can't be even taken literally). Yes, I do have my criticisms for Ji Yeon and T-ara in general (and I don't say them here openly like a loudmouth since I'd be very likely getting a lot of flame from Ji Yeon's fans here hence why AKFG is where I go - but as said, it's all for laughs and jokes - I don't have a big petty hatred against her or anything). Though I don't recall saying she had to be kicked out - all I remember saying is that she's overrated, talent-wise. This was pretty much the same case with the Shoutbox - prior to getting banned anyway.

I apologize if I may not seem like a real fan of the girls (would mind to ask what even defines a 'real fan') - I'm simply just pessimistic in general regarding Kpop and the news of it, having followed it about since 05/06. T-ara is certainly no exception to this.

Regarding my 'extremism' against KKS - you may have a point. Disregarding T-ara, I can relate him to my old boss at work and a couple of the more grumpy (and infamous) teachers back in high school.