Diadem Forums

[12.05.30] T-ara's 9th member, 14-year Dani, to join T-ara in December

nathaniel

None taken.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them conspiracy theories but the possibility can't be rubbed out entirely, yet alone dismissed.

I don't know what you would mean by badmouthing exactly regarding to Ji Yeon but for me AKFG is a site simply for laughs, jokes and the such - not something I do for seriously, if you get what I'm saying (more or less, half of what I say can't be even taken literally). Yes, I do have my criticisms for Ji Yeon and T-ara in general (and I don't say them here openly like a loudmouth since I'd be very likely getting a lot of flame from Ji Yeon's fans here hence why AKFG is where I go - but as said, it's all for laughs and jokes - I don't have a big petty hatred against her or anything). Though I don't recall saying she had to be kicked out - all I remember saying is that she's overrated, talent-wise. This was pretty much the same case with the Shoutbox - prior to getting banned anyway.

I apologize if I may not seem like a real fan of the girls (would mind to ask what even defines a 'real fan') - I'm simply just pessimistic in general regarding Kpop and the news of it, having followed it about since 05/06. T-ara is certainly no exception to this.

Regarding my 'extremism' against KKS - you may have a point. Disregarding T-ara, I can relate him to my old boss at work and a couple of the more grumpy (and infamous) teachers back in high school.

None taken.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them conspiracy theories but the possibility can't be rubbed out entirely, yet alone dismissed.

I don't know what you would mean by badmouthing exactly regarding to Ji Yeon but for me AKFG is a site simply for laughs, jokes and the such - not something I do for seriously, if you get what I'm saying (more or less, half of what I say can't be even taken literally). Yes, I do have my criticisms for Ji Yeon and T-ara in general (and I don't say them here openly like a loudmouth since I'd be very likely getting a lot of flame from Ji Yeon's fans here hence why AKFG is where I go - but as said, it's all for laughs and jokes - I don't have a big petty hatred against her or anything). Though I don't recall saying she had to be kicked out - all I remember saying is that she's overrated, talent-wise. This was pretty much the same case with the Shoutbox - prior to getting banned anyway.

I apologize if I may not seem like a real fan of the girls (would mind to ask what even defines a 'real fan') - I'm simply just pessimistic in general regarding Kpop and the news of it, having followed it about since 05/06. T-ara is certainly no exception to this.

Regarding my 'extremism' against KKS - you may have a point. Disregarding T-ara, I can relate him to my old boss at work and a couple of the more grumpy (and infamous) teachers back in high school.

Like I said, I meant no offense, and I appreciate your levelheaded reply, which alone tells me that you've got a better head on your shoulders than 99% of most K-Pop fans. Lol. As far as what I read on AKFG goes, I just have a really low opinion of that site as it seems run primarily by a bunch of young men trying their hardest to divert attention away from their latent homosexual tendencies by making crude and obnoxious comments about women (not anything I read by you, just by the majority of the people I see posting there). So I may have been a bit biased in my assumptions there, lol.

As far as what comprises a "true" fan of T-ara...that was my gaffe. I'm one of those people that believe that being a fan of a group is something that's different for each person, so questioning your dedication as a fan was wrong. I apologize.

It's just so sad to see the fanbase being torn apart like this...it really felt like we were starting to come together as a group after Lovey-Dovey dropped. We had a lot to be proud of, we all seemed to have the same ideals regarding what the girls needed (a break), and now it just seems like no one can agree on anything. It's like KKS is trying to obliterate the group and its existing fanbase from the ground up and start completely from scratch. I had finally come to terms with the member additions before learning that one of them was 14. As a 28 year-old man from the U.S.A. I know that I personally feel strange about listening to music made by a tween. I like T-ara for members like Boram, Qri, and Soyeon, who are a bit older than the average idol and bring a bit of maturity to the group; for some reason I can't shake the feeling that Dani was added to the group for similar reasons to Hwayoung, to lower the group's average age, because I KNOW it can't be to connect with their Anglo fans. Right now they're the ones that have the biggest issue with the addition and will probably be the ones withdrawing their support for the girls first. *Sigh*

And I probably stand alone in this, but I always did think T-ara lacked the strong voice that singers like Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Celine Dione, and etc. I love Soyeon's and Eunjung's voices, but I can't help but wish for something between Eunjung's power notes and Soyeon's crisp, clear high octave. They're terrific, but imho Soyeon could use a bit more power and Eunjung a bit more control. I'm sure hoping Dani or the 8th member brings that to the group! (Or maybe I'm expecting too much out of kpop LOL)

It would be nice to have someone with Soyeon and Eunjung's vocals but if that was the case, I would rather that person (if Dani does happen to belong to that group) become a soloist than debut in a group. Groups were meant to have vocal harmony, which T-ara does (at least from what i heard in AFA, it seems like it does). Like that interview in Win Win with IU, the reason why she wasn't put/debut in a group was because her voice stands out too much that it would've cause a clash between the vocals.

I personally wouldn't want one person outshining the rest by a large margin (in terms of singing), especially if it's an idol group. And like Scatter said, T-ara is an idol group, they aren't or rather weren't meant to be or have vocal powerhouses. And if they were, they should've been a smaller group like 2-4 of them instead of 5, 6, 7+

I'm not against the new members but I just can't imagine T-ara having an underage member again. Like most Queens waited long enough to Jiyeon to come on her right age so as T-ara can have more variations in terms of concepts, style, etc. And I think that's already enough 'cause waiting for 4-5 years again will be impossible to bear. I won't be bias for the 19 y/o member too 'cause I'm not basing this on the members' age.

I just can't figure out the way this company thinks. We're not asking more from T-ara, we're just asking CCM to let them rest. They're already near the top, 2011 has become their year. That's why up to now I still can't accept the changes - why are they necessary? If he's planning on a graduation stuff like AS then prolly all the 7 members will graduate then it won't be T-ara anyways so why can't he just make another group? Or if those 2 new members are really that good to the level that they can bring T-ara on a higher ground then make them solo artists.

I know some will say that this isn't the fault of the new members and "why don't you give them a chance?" but sorry I can't just brush it off like that. Reading between the lines, I know that this is a strategy to get rid of some members. Because if not, how come KKS comments were like that? Either way, I know fans will still be reminded of member kick out issue here. But then, half heartedly I'm closing this post with the cliché - "I'll wait and see" file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

That's what I've been thinking since the rumors and the official announcements of additions to T-ara.

Personally, if T-ara does turn into AS, as in the graduation concept, I'm throwing my Queen's title out the window.

Only the future will tell if these additions were a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully the former. (even though i despise the additions with my whole body and soul)

CCM should leave SNSD out of this if they did the comparison cause it's not necessary it would be really difficult for her to be accepted and if people are comparing her already it would be more. On the other side I can't and won't accept her I don't have anything personal with this girl but I just can't accept the fact that a child is joining T-ARA she should be in school now she is too young and unexperienced to debut in a great group like T-ARA sorry CCM you screwed it up as always

*claps* :)

CCM's way of promoting its members are probably the worst in the industry imo. First, comparing them to already famous or successful groups, emphasizing on skills and looks they have; probably and most likely to a point of exaggeration, and giving tidbits of irrelevant information - to divert your attention

Now, I'm just waiting to see how bad CCM and KKS screwed up this time or not. Maybe he didn't and actually succeeds again.

Well,this picture looks better than the one released the other day..xD

Anyway she reminds me of Krystal.. ok, she 'kinda' got my approvement in T-ara.. well, since she didnt challenge T-ara like Gang Kiz does plus she knows what she must do.. about original members leaving the group by force or will, Please dont even think about it. I'd rather them promoting as 8 or 9 rather then original members leaving the team.. They are a strong team.

Just imagine a concrete building with no windows. Perhaps the newbies are the two new extra windows.. ^^

Wow. My jaw dropped when I saw that headline. I thought I didn't care, but now I do. I guess the positives that come out of this is that it brings the average age of the group to about 21 yrs old and brings in younger fans. It also improves the groups ability to speak English. But damn, this is just too much change to happen in a short time. Usually new members need to be added only if someone quits. But this is an entirely different situation. Well, it will take a while for me to get used to the new look, but I'm confident T-ara will continue to be one of the top Korean girl groups out there because they are talented, hard working and are hands down the cutest and most charming group of ladies in the whole Kpop scene.

I always said before that I don't know what to say about this issue because I got into T-ara after Hwayoung joined the group. So I looked forward to the new members!...Oh well to be honest. I also disliked it! But I am not against to it! I wanted to give KKS a chance to prove his capabilities in managing a star. His 30 years of experience in running an entertainment company is not a joke lol so i kinda give my hopes on that. And since most of the fans of T-ara said that the popularity of T-ara boosted up after Hwayong joined T-ara..or probably because of their song Roly-Poly. But i just freaked out when they officially stated that a 14 yr old girl will be joining the group.

I know age has nothing to do with this because talents are more important! But I just can't accept that there is a minor in T-ara. Just like what Glazella said that fans waited for the maturity of T-ara. So I think that having a minor in the group may cause a little hold back for the maturity of their music. How can they grow as an entertainer if there is a minor in their group that they need to understand and consider her limitations? Don't tell me they will be doing a cute dance just like Bob peeb bop again? Or T-ara will be wearing a ribbon on their hair?

hayts!!! I'll just wait and watch what will happen to T-ara.

I don't know about this.. i mean of course i welcome her, but a part of me is having this constant worries of how harsh some people can be towards her. Her mind is still young, she might not be able to handle strong or mean criticism or just plain bashing from immature people, t-ara fans or netizens alike. But i wish her all the best and that the community would accept her gradually just like hwayoung.

Aside from the above point, she's really cute i must say :) she looks to be the real innocent type of girl. She would fit well for cute concepts obviously. Don't think she looks likt Yuri though.. she gives me a feel of 5Doll's Nayeon and a little of Ryu twins before they both debut in T-ara & 5Dolls. Don't worry Dani, i'm sure you'll do well :).

Wait, am i the only one supporting her and trying to take things in a positive way?? =/

Like I said, I meant no offense, and I appreciate your levelheaded reply, which alone tells me that you've got a better head on your shoulders than 99% of most K-Pop fans. Lol. As far as what I read on AKFG goes, I just have a really low opinion of that site as it seems run primarily by a bunch of young men trying their hardest to divert attention away from their latent homosexual tendencies by making crude and obnoxious comments about women (not anything I read by you, just by the majority of the people I see posting there). So I may have been a bit biased in my assumptions there, lol.

As far as what comprises a "true" fan of T-ara...that was my gaffe. I'm one of those people that believe that being a fan of a group is something that's different for each person, so questioning your dedication as a fan was wrong. I apologize.

It's just so sad to see the fanbase being torn apart like this...it really felt like we were starting to come together as a group after Lovey-Dovey dropped. We had a lot to be proud of, we all seemed to have the same ideals regarding what the girls needed (a break), and now it just seems like no one can agree on anything. It's like KKS is trying to obliterate the group and its existing fanbase from the ground up and start completely from scratch. I had finally come to terms with the member additions before learning that one of them was 14. As a 28 year-old man from the U.S.A. I know that I personally feel strange about listening to music made by a tween. I like T-ara for members like Boram, Qri, and Soyeon, who are a bit older than the average idol and bring a bit of maturity to the group; for some reason I can't shake the feeling that Dani was added to the group for similar reasons to Hwayoung, to lower the group's average age, because I KNOW it can't be to connect with their Anglo fans. Right now they're the ones that have the biggest issue with the addition and will probably be the ones withdrawing their support for the girls first. *Sigh*

Haha, thanks for the understanding there and I hope it clears out any misunderstandings it may have led to.

Due to following around Kpop since tweenhood, it's quite easy to see how much Kpop as an industry has changed and all over the past half-decade or so. Plus the majority of Kpop fans (both Korean and international) are in their teens - where arguably (at the least), level-headed behavior isn't exactly the norm in Kpop while ignorance prevails. Regarding AKF, I had the same initial thoughts as you as well though it's pretty undeniable that there are articles that do point out some degree of truth and big points regarding the behavior of fandoms as well as Kpop in general. The anon option was probably the most biggest drawback regarding the comments there, that I am inclined to agree.

Regarding the fandom splitting, I also agree. Prior to the news of the member lineup changes, yes, Diadem was quite happy for the most part and as you have said, together for one cause - that is, getting T-ara an actual break (that half-assed one they got doesn't count, personally). For me, being a real fan means that they're treated humanely (at least by Kpop standards, since T-ara's notoriously one of the most overworked groups out there), enjoy their work, stay healthy and not have to worry about a crooked boss whose decisions towards them are highly questionable and even moronic. T-ara's music had always been a hit-or-miss for my taste and for physical appearances, none of them go higher than 'above-average' in my opinion lol.

The reasons to Dani's (inexcusable) addition to the group are still debatable, admittedly. Like you said, if it's likely to lower the average age of the group much like the previously failed attempt with Hwa Young (considering 5 members are in their early to mid 20s), it also reinforces the speculation/possibility that Boram, Qri and So Yeon will be given the short end of the stick. Not to mention KKS himself is a blacklist-happy man (KARA comes into mind while also slandering Nam Gyuri) who also threatened to kick out any of the current members if they did anything that goes against the member addition.

errrr....her face remembering me with Ji won... O.o or its just my feeling...LOL but i didn't see she's cute...she's pretty...but not cute...and she will be the next maknae ? wah...Jiyeona time to you to give your Maknae crown to her...LOL....but i think Jiyeon and hwayoung is more pretty and cute than her.... -_- but i must support her too...oke dani FIGHTINGGG!!! cz06.gif

Haha, thanks for the understanding there and I hope it clears out any misunderstandings it may have led to.

Due to following around Kpop since tweenhood, it's quite easy to see how much Kpop as an industry has changed and all over the past half-decade or so. Plus the majority of Kpop fans (both Korean and international) are in their teens - where arguably (at the least), level-headed behavior isn't exactly the norm in Kpop while ignorance prevails. Regarding AKF, I had the same initial thoughts as you as well though it's pretty undeniable that there are articles that do point out some degree of truth and big points regarding the behavior of fandoms as well as Kpop in general. The anon option was probably the most biggest drawback regarding the comments there, that I am inclined to agree.

Regarding the fandom splitting, I also agree. Prior to the news of the member lineup changes, yes, Diadem was quite happy for the most part and as you have said, together for one cause - that is, getting T-ara an actual break (that half-assed one they got doesn't count, personally). For me, being a real fan means that they're treated humanely (at least by Kpop standards, since T-ara's notoriously one of the most overworked groups out there), enjoy their work, stay healthy and not have to worry about a crooked boss whose decisions towards them are highly questionable and even moronic. T-ara's music had always been a hit-or-miss for my taste and for physical appearances, none of them go higher than 'above-average' in my opinion lol.

The reasons to Dani's (inexcusable) addition to the group are still debatable, admittedly. Like you said, if it's likely to lower the average age of the group much like the previously failed attempt with Hwa Young (considering 5 members are in their early to mid 20s), it also reinforces the speculation/possibility that Boram, Qri and So Yeon will be given the short end of the stick. Not to mention KKS himself is a blacklist-happy man (KARA comes into mind while also slandering Nam Gyuri) who also threatened to kick out any of the current members if they did anything that goes against the member addition.

Ha, I must admit I'm still relatively new to K-Pop...I got into it after I discovered BoA in 2009 and began following T-ara the same year. They're the one group I've really stuck by since discovering K-Pop. One reason I don't say very much is because I feel a certain level of disconnect from other fans due to the age difference, so I generally keep to myself or post at The Prophet Blog since there are several people around my age with my sensibilities that post there as well. As far as what you said about AKF, I agree that a lot of what AKF himself talks about is on-point and hilarious, but it puts me off that I have to wade through all of the fapping jokes, misogynistic comments, and the rank smell of bullsh!t just to find it. Plus some of the new contributors are downright wankers. Lol

As far as what makes me a T-ara fan, I admit that I'm a gay man, so their looks really aren't the reason I enjoy them (although I must admit I've always found them to be one of the prettiest groups in K-Pop; even "ugly" members like Bo Ram and Hwayoung are lovely in my opinion)...I think they put out some of the best pop music in the world right now, while their concepts and style/image is some of the most unique I've seen from a pop act in years. T-ara doesn't xxxx foot around; they go hard and take it all the way. It doesn't work all the time, but I commend them for making the effort and trying out new things. They go out of their comfort zones, and I like that.

My biggest gripe with Dani's addition (besides just feeling strange listening to a prepubescent girl's music) is that I believe she's going to limit T-ara's plasticity when it comes to concepts and sounds. They aren't going to be able to do concepts like sexy or adult without it feeling strange and forced, meaning stuff like "Cry Cry" and IGCBOY won't fit them anymore. Furthermore, I actually just read that she's still 13, meaning she hasn't even turned 14 yet, meaning she still very well could limit T-ara's ability to promote on music shows. The jury's still out on whether or not that's a blessing in disguise, as it could mean that T-ara will just perform without her or they won't perform at all (and I'm guessing it won't be the latter).

Ultimately my position is that T-ara would be a million times better off if they broke ranks and left CCM; hell, JYPE needs a girl group that can move albums, I'm sure they'd be happy to have them. YGE would be a great fit as T-ara could help them diversify their image beyond edgy, hip-hop groups. Just stay away from SME as I have a feeling they'd bury T-ara to prevent them from becoming any more of a threat to SNSD. They seem to do that with their groups. I'd also avoid Pledis since they'd probably encourage the admission/graduation system and stay the HELL away from DSP because of what they did to KARA. :ph34r:

Speechless..

Yes,she looks pretty and stuff but I still think this Dani is still

a young child.Education is very important for that young age.

Dani should be in school and studying,enjoying her school/young life.

I wished all the best for Dani and T-ara!!

umm.... she's pretty, right now im neutral on the situation, i think i like her, but 14 still too young, like really but lol the fact that she can sorta speak english makes me sorta llike her lol, i know that sounds stupid but wateve, i hope she can survive being a member though. i just hope that the 8th member is actually pretty and talented like they said.

In my opinion shes not THAT pretty or cute... Too young. Call me whatever you want but Im not so sure this is a good choice. Singing is not about looks or age only, can you sing or dance? Well guess it is too early to decide...but im not gonna like this.

Whatever happens T-ara will be my fav group forever.. I cant give up just because the boss adds random members when he decides.. Still music is important and T-ara is now quite around the top of kpop bands..so.. i think we should wait and see ...it was the same with Hwa young but now people adore her and say T-ara is forever 7 members...Well maybe after 1 or 2 year we will say T-ara is forever 9 and nothing else...haha isnt it so..? Its just my opinion.. :)

ah so its true that she will be the 9th member. well, i'm not that concerned about her age (SNSD's sooyoung began her singing career with a japanese girl in japan at similar age i believe), but rather her talents and perseverance. we all know how hectic t-ara's schedules are, and since she's so young, she would have to adjust quickly to that lifestyle that the rest of the members had somewhat been 'tuned' to.

hope that CCM will convince us that she is a good fit to the group and bring t-ara to new heights.

Whatever happens T-ara will be my fav group forever.. I cant give up just because the boss adds random members when he decides.. Still music is important and T-ara is now quite around the top of kpop bands..so.. i think we should wait and see ...it was the same with Hwa young but now people adore her and say T-ara is forever 7 members...Well maybe after 1 or 2 year we will say T-ara is forever 9 and nothing else...haha isnt it so..? Its just my opinion.. :)

ditto!

I understand those upset over the addition of the new members because it's a "fix" to something not broken, but to those upset because the maknae position changed, are you F-ing serious?. T-ara fans already catch a good amount of flak but some of you sure earn it.

Though I agree the addition of new members may result in some current members leaving, I think the super active members have just as much risk leaving as Boram or Qri.