Diadem Forums

[12.05.30] T-ara's 9th member, 14-year Dani, to join T-ara in December

nathaniel

how are the korean QUEEN'S reacting to this news? why arent they holding their hands up in uproar?

CCM is a total joke. t-ara will become a laughing stock.

i just cannot fathom how a 14yo kid can become an idol group member.

hell, she's even half a DECADE younger than JY HY!

Reading 9 pages of interesting comments is like reading a love and hate letter. I love Diadem forums !!! Anyway, I'm seriously skeptical about KKS's decision to add a 14 year old turning 15 on December but I guess I'll wait and see what kind of music they'll produce. As long as they have good music, I'll still have a "T-ARA" on my head.

To be honest, T-ara sings live badly. They lacked the power and stability in live singing and often depends highly on the back track that sometimes I think that some of them lip sync. I can see that they are improving but relying highly on Soyeon and Hyomin during live singing is too much. No offense but sometimes Soyeon sounds out of breath and Hyomin sounds good only in certain songs. I am not expecting that they sing like as someone mentioned before Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera cause I know it's hard to sing when you are dancing plus being a zombie but I hope that they'll sound at least decent and not out of tune in live performances. And I seriously hope that the new members will at least add some depth to their live performances since CCM has not interest in improving the 7 members' vocals.

Listening to Day by Day reminds me of their first album which ROCKS my world and the next album might be the first and last album I'll buy from T-ara. I'll always support T-ARA's music if the songs stay good and I'll always watch out for Jiyeon and Eunjung's acting. I hope that both will get a lead role soon. B)

*Jiyeon, it's time to grow up. Leave that maknae label and continue chasing your dreams. Oh, and start getting used to JIYEON UNNIE !!!

Reading 9 pages of interesting comments is like reading a love and hate letter. I love Diadem forums !!! Anyway, I'm seriously skeptical about KKS's decision to add a 14 year old turning 15 on December but I guess I'll wait and see what kind of music they'll produce. As long as they have good music, I'll still have a "T-ARA" on my head.

To be honest, T-ara sings live badly. They lacked the power and stability in live singing and often depends highly on the back track that sometimes I think that some of them lip sync. I can see that they are improving but relying highly on Soyeon and Hyomin during live singing is too much. No offense but sometimes Soyeon sounds out of breath and Hyomin sounds good only in certain songs. I am not expecting that they sing like as someone mentioned before Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera cause I know it's hard to sing when you are dancing plus being a zombie but I hope that they'll sound at least decent and not out of tune in live performances. And I seriously hope that the new members will at least add some depth to their live performances since CCM has not interest in improving the 7 members' vocals.

Listening to Day by Day reminds me of their first album which ROCKS my world and the next album might be the first and last album I'll buy from T-ara. I'll always support T-ARA's music if the songs stay good and I'll always watch out for Jiyeon and Eunjung's acting. I hope that both will get a lead role soon. B)

*Jiyeon, it's time to grow up. Leave that maknae label and continue chasing your dreams. Oh, and start getting used to JIYEON UNNIE !!!

Same here, it's always interesting to see people's views on this topic and how it branches off lol. Seriously, Diadem forum is the best place for debate and discussion of T-ara :lol:

While it may be true that they sing live badly, isn't that the same for most idol groups? I mean singing and dancing so energetically is really hard to do, even if you're fit an everything, it's hard to keep your voice from trembling while moving your body so hard (LD's choreography has a lot of movement)

Anyway, the thing i want to point out that, if the current T-ara; whom has had a little less than 3 years of live stage performance experience and they're still 'out of tune' or 'out of breath', what makes these new members any different? Won't they be worst and make T-ara's future performance less than enjoyable (and professional to some degree considering they're a group that debut 3 years ago)?

I have a feeling we'll be hearing more autotune songs and not ones like Lies, TTL, with the exception of this upcoming comeback. The choreography doesn't seem as intense as LD, actually reminds of a little of Lies and the song is nice, but that's probably KKS's way of showing "see, these new girls can sing and dance." But wait till they get choreograph like LD or RP, then we'll see how good these members are.

Oh and I recommend buying their very first album "Absolute First Album", It has a bunch of nice songs in it, I especially like "Bye Bye" and "Falling U" ^^ But if their upcoming album is anything like the rumor list... >_>;; I ain't buying it tbh xD Hopefully that list is fanmade :P

Jiyeon is grown up :P But with all her older members, she can't help but act the maknae that she is, or it's just her personality to be playful xD She's such a cutie pie~ (refer to last part of Pretty Boys EP 10 for epic Jiyeon's playful personality, it's maknae time!)

Anyway, I think a lot of fans would still and always think of Jiyeon as T-ara's maknae :P Even when Hwayoung was added, she didn't lose that title (I think) :lol:

And I think Jiyeon had the lead role in DH2, if memory serves me correctly there was an interview for the confirmation of Jiyeon getting the lead role for DH2... But meh, seems like DH1+DH2 always had several lead roles... just 2 main ones though lol

While it may be true that they sing live badly, isn't that the same for most idol groups?

Anyway, the thing i want to point out that, if the current T-ara; whom has had a little less than 3 years of live stage performance experience and they're still 'out of tune' or 'out of breath', what makes these new members any different? Won't they be worst and make T-ara's future performance less than enjoyable

I am not sure about other groups but I've listened to Wonder Girls performing live while dancing and lol they were out of breath too. 2ne1 is good in live singing though in my opinion maybe because they don't dance that much. Actually I have this kind of imagination in my mind when they say that they are going to add new members to improve T-ara's singing. It's something like this (I've mentioned it before). The two new members won't be dancing. They'll just sing in the middle of the stage with their "soprano" vocal range and T-ara will be dancing happilly behind them. Then T-ara won't sound that bad. :lol: But I guess it's not true since our "beloved" DANI basically rejected a 200 million won of XXX cf to practise her dance !!! I guess you are right then.

Oh and I recommend buying their very first album "Absolute First Album", It has a bunch of nice songs in it, I especially like "Bye Bye" and "Falling U" ^^ But if their upcoming album is anything like the rumor list... >_>;; I ain't buying it tbh xD Hopefully that list is fanmade :P

Yeah, songs from Absolute First Album are some of the most frequently played songs in my playlist. Not sure whether I'll buy it but if I have extra $$, I'll think about it and thanks for your recommendation. Are you put off by the names of the rumored tracklist such as Hey Yep! Hey Yap!? Lol. What's with that name? Anyway, don't trust those rumours too much. Last time the rumoured tracklist has honey pokey in it and it was actually Gang Kiz's Honey Honey (I think)

Jiyeon is grown up :P (refer to last part of Pretty Boys EP 10)

And I think Jiyeon had the lead role in DH2, if memory serves me correctly there was an interview for the confirmation of Jiyeon getting the lead role for DH2... But meh, seems like DH1+DH2 always had several lead roles... just 2 main ones though lol

I wouldn't think that Jiyeon is fully grown up though. Lol. I don't know why but she seems to be like a playful 10 year old kid trapped in a going to be 19 year old lady's body. Sometimes she's happy and sometimes she's mad at something. She was super hyper in Pretty boy ep 10. I don't think she got the lead role as in the main character in Dream High 2. Although her screen time got longer towards the end of the show, it was all about Hae Sung and JB. Anyway, I despise that drama and Jiyeon wasted her sleep time for that awful drama.

*Sorry for being off topic here. :D

Yeah, songs from Absolute First Album are some of the most frequently played songs in my playlist. Not sure whether I'll buy it but if I have extra $$, I'll think about it and thanks for your recommendation. Are you put off by the names of the rumored tracklist such as Hey Yep! Hey Yap!? Lol. What's with that name? Anyway, don't trust those rumours too much. Last time the rumoured tracklist has honey pokey in it and it was actually Gang Kiz's Honey Honey (I think)

lol, no, the recent rumor list was, i think, 15 songs - most of which were their previous hit songs + 1 new song and Day By Day. So I'll be spending another xx amount to buy 13 songs that i already have. Not really fond of that idea xD

I wouldn't think that Jiyeon is fully grown up though. Lol. I don't know why but she seems to be like a playful 10 year old kid trapped in a going to be 19 year old lady's body. Sometimes she's happy and sometimes she's mad at something. She was super hyper in Pretty boy ep 10. I don't think she got the lead role as in the main character in Dream High 2. Although her screen time got longer towards the end of the show, it was all about Hae Sung and JB. Anyway, I despise that drama and Jiyeon wasted her sleep time for that awful drama.

*Sorry for being off topic here. :D

Ahaha yea.. the drama was a piece of boiled crap xD The only good thing that came out of it was that I got to hear and see Jiyeon sing a lot :D <<-- happy. But it's sad that she had to lose sleep and vacation time because of the drama schedule T^T

Personally, if the script was liad out ahead of time instead of made up along the way. And they had a decent script writer, i think the drama would've been a whole lot better. I think the basic theme of this season was that even though you couldn't achieve your first dream, you'll still find another dream/goal. Or something along those lines~

Singing live and dance is not as easy with just a basic training and dancing will do..

first they ONLY sleep 2 hr per day, leak of normal exercise BESIDE dancing practice.... plus more (maybe) all these come by if they can manage to sing live .. already can say NOT BAD.

Yeah! "Absolute First Album", had number of nice songs inside.. those who did not purchase, better purchase now before it went OOS. As this album is 3yr ago ablum. I bought my.. i think the repack version is call "BREAKING HEART" with DVD in it.

Noooo Jiyeon isn't gonna be the maknae anymore ):

&& she deff doesn't look like Yuri hhahaha but they like to compare people who are pretty popular~lol~

Hope adding more members won't affect the current group. Like it how it is now, too many people is to chaotic. Not to mention they compare her to Yuri who doesn't look like her && comes from a nine member group too. The only diff between SNSD and Tara is that SNSD didn't add or remove members in the past 5 years...All wells still a Tiara Fan!! (:

Well come December I will most likely not be on this forum anymore if Dani joins.. I am uncle fan and I don't appreciate kks making me feel like a pedophile watching a 13 yr old girl. There is no way I will be able to be a fan anymore without feeling like a pervert watching them perform live shows.. Good job kks your pretty much gonna lose all your uncle fans not to mention some unnies and oppas that don't want to feel like perverts.. 30years experience? More like 30months.. Way to end the girls I love careers as t-ara..

wow 14. thats really young or is it that im old? ever since i read that there adding new members, i really didnt know what to think. i dont like when a group changes members. just like when they added hwayoung, but look at her now, everyone likes her and even me. im not going to hate but support the new members, but i just wont like the changes for awhile. everyone doesnt like that ccm adding member but you give them a few months and everyone going to love them.

I just can't believe this is happening..

Why add and add and add and add more members?

Can't they just make a new group that can also fit Dani's age in it?

A younger group even more younger than 5Dolls if they want to.

I'm sure it will be a success too 'cause they're boasting about the talents and Heights of the girl.

I could see the Yuri resemblance, but I think it's more similar to Krystal of f(x). I'm sure if she's joining the group, she's worked hard so far and will do her best (she has to know that she's joining one of the top groups). All we can do is support her right? Hehe, at least she doesn't have to build a fanbase from zero. There are people that will love her from day 1, just like they love the rest.

yea... i agree with alot of the criticisms ... though she is cute, she is only like 14 or 15!! will she be able to connect with the rest of the group even though boram is like 21 - 22 ??

p.s. i heard a rumour that t-ara's management was really harsh and that some members could have been removed .. (almost like jiyeons character in dream high 2) weird...

yea... i agree with alot of the criticisms ... though she is cute, she is only like 14 or 15!! will she be able to connect with the rest of the group even though boram is like 21 - 22 ??

p.s. i heard a rumour that t-ara's management was really harsh and that some members could have been removed .. (almost like jiyeons character in dream high 2) weird...

.... Boram's turning 27 In Korean age system... But she does look like a 21-22 year old :P

The management, rather KKS did voice that anyone who objects to the addition or doesn't help the new member would be given the boot.