Diadem Forums

[POLL] Do you agree w/ adding 2 new members?

Sizardow

Are you agree adding 2 new member?why?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Are you agree adding 2 new member?

2. 2. Why you agree/disagree adding 2 new members?because of...

• they will ruin t-ara
    • their CEO
    • Jiyeon not the maknae anymore
    • Less line in the song for 7-ara
    • Less screen time for 7-ara
    • too pack(at stage)
    • Unfair to other member
    • they can help t-ara to beat SNSD/2NE1/WONDER GIRLS
    • help t-ara to increase their popularity
    • help soyeon
    • Others...

Do I agree with adding 2 new members? No

Do I accept adding 2 new members? Yea, as long as they don't start kicking members out.

So this is, basically, what happens?

T-ara: We need a vacation!

Fans: Too much schedules must really worn them out. They need a vacation.

KKS: Too much lines must really worn out Soyeon. They need new members.

Everybody: OTL

To be honest, I don't know why Soyeon needs any help singing. Eunjung and Hyomin can definitely help out. Jiyeon, and Boram aren't awful singers so why can't they get some more lines? As for Qri, I do think she needs more training for live performances, but how can she with all the schedules they have to do?

In the end, I'll still support T-ara as long as they don't introduce the graduation system. Once the old members leave, I'll follow them. Members make up the group, not the company.

I don't like the idea of adding two new members to T-ara. It's like with After School and I think that graduating concept just suck. You love a group for their music AND the mebers if you're a real fan of them. I mean, the new girls can be really nice and talented but what about those who are already in the group? They're one big family, and it's weird to have two new members, I think they'll feel totally akward with each other.

Do I agree with adding 2 new members? No Do I accept adding 2 new members? Yea, as long as they don't start kicking members out. So this is, basically, what happens? T-ara: We need a vacation! Fans: Too much schedules must really worn them out. They need a vacation. KKS: Too much lines must really worn out Soyeon. They need new members. Everybody: OTL To be honest, I don't know why Soyeon needs any help singing. Eunjung and Hyomin can definitely help out. Jiyeon, and Boram aren't awful singers so why can't they get some more lines? As for Qri, I do think she needs more training for live performances, but how can she with all the schedules they have to do? In the end, I'll still support T-ara as long as they don't introduce the graduation system. Once the old members leave, I'll follow them. Members make up the group, not the company.

So true.

And if the rumour about Dani being a rapper is true...*sigh* T-ara already has 4 really good rappers. Boram's rap in T.T.L was really good. Are they planning to venture into the hip hop genre soon?

I AM NOT GOING TO AGREEE!!!!!!!!

I understand a lot of fans say support T-ARA must support 9-ara that what True fans of T-ARA should do. But I don’t agree that.

Have anyone though how 7-ARA come by?

I understand your frustration but the logic behind your post is not sound. So you are basically saying true T-ara fans have supported the group throughout it's members changes but by doing so this time around, you're not a true fan?

Even when it was six members, there was common belief that the group did not need all six members. But we didn't pay it much mind and supported the group as six. The same situation came about when the 7th member was added, not necessary to the group but whatever we'll support it all the same. But what's that? There was a time when the group was only five? Yes even with the replacement of two and addition of one, we supported the group. Nothing changes this time around, the two members SURELY aren't needed but that won't make me hate them or unwelcome them.

T-ara fans support the group as a whole, time and time again. It's the people who only pay the group mind for specific members that consistently bring negative vibes and commotions. At the end of the day, I'm a T-ara fan and will support them regardless of how questionable some of the changes management makes. I don't choose when I want to be a fan and when I don't. Guess I'm no true fan.

I think its unfair to the other members because they trained and worked so hard to get into their current position yet they suddenly decide to add 2 extra members. This just pushes it i mean these girls are going pretty much 12 schedule a day and then they got to split it. If there is extra 2 member the share of their earnings will be less. and to raise the popularity of t-ara i think thats a really lame reason. To raise popularity does not neccessarily need to add members infact Jiyeon, Eunjung and hyomin are already helping ppl notice t-ara.

Not to auto hate the new members, I will try to love them as much as possible, I just feel like there are already members in T-ara that get shafted from parts, and adding more people won't help at all. :|

I also feel like the fans haven't really been able to connect with all 7 members already.. some just don't get that much attention from their promotions :|

• 1 month later...

I voted no & other. I don't think too much about line distribution and what not, but it's more of an image issue. I know this isn't the first changes in T-Ara, but I came a fan when there are 7 members in T-Ara. I'd like it if T-Ara continue to conquer the music world with the same members instead of adding/removing members. It's just not the same T-Ara. What happen if they keep adding new members and remove all the older members (sounds like some groups out there?)? Will T-Ara still hold the same image for you? It wouldn't, for me.

Another reason is because I don't see the point of adding the new members. Vocal wise, I personally think that about half of the T-Ara's member can pull off the lines of the new members (no offense to the new members, personal opinion), if not better. KKS explanation of adding new members was to make the group "better", but I just don't see what is better. The new member (so far Areum) can sing, but her singing part can easily be done by Soyeon or Hyomin. As for the rapping part, Eunjung and Hyomin can also rap just as well. So then my question is, what REALLY is the reason of adding these two new members?

Again these are all just personal thoughts.

As a newbie in this forum I would apologize first if my opinions seems out of date. I vote NO for adding the new members. Not because I dislike them, but because I cant see the real needs to add new ones. If KKS thinks that T-ara needs improvements its fine, we also like to see them grow. But why new members? Are the old ones can no longer grow? What exactly are they lacking off? Acting? Dancing? Singing? English language? Cant the company makes time to teach them that? Is it wise to say that if they are slacking off than they will be replaced by the new ones? The 6-ara bust their asses during these years to promote the group, and have to accept new members that potentially take their roles? And they also have to act as their sisters?

Than comes the questions about quality of the new ones. I wont say much about this because ppl might think I judge too early for them. I will LOVE T-ara even if they add so many members like AKB48. As long as the original 6 still there. But we wont have this arguments if KKS simply recruit Hyorin & Ailee instead of Dani & Ahreum.

For me, I voted "Yes", "Helping Popularity", "Helping Soyeon", and "Others". Because I believe Core Contents Media is trying to make "T-ara" a legacy for them. It is understandable that a company realizes that later on, as their current artists grow more mature and start making their own families, bring in new, and potential, talents makes sense. I can recall several groups who've done something similar, which makes me assume that this time around will be different, because Core Contents Media is aware why those groups struggled before. Jewelry, whose current members are not the original members, but who still carry on the legacy very much. Before it was unheard of any group to do this, but because this was a new and interesting take which garnered an opportunity for the younger generation of idols to "really" be a part of their favorite artists, and in terms of enduring a group's legacy and fashion the modeling of the concept of family into the industry equation, created a bridge between them and their audience much more, not to much businesses in general when looking in the long term. Thus, began the additional members to become a mainstream focal point for a company nowadays, and Core Contents Media is no different as other companies presently.

Do I think Areum and Dani can help carry on the T-ara legacy, when they become the leaders and veterans of the group?

It's possible. It all depends on how well they are able to accomplish their goals and overcome their challenges. Sure, it's easy to have doubts and walk away from something when nothing has been proven that there can be a positive outlook for this endeavor. After Areum's and Dani's work so far with their Day By Day and group promotions, including with their fan meet that showed T-ara as a 9 member group, I think both of them show potential. Sure they need to train and become more familiar with T-ara, the company, and the business altogether, but I won't write them off, just because of their age, or their current relationships with the other members now. I look forward to what they can do. ^_^

Once our Hwayoung reunites with our T-ara, and make their comeback together as a 9 member group, things will become more clear in what direction they will go on. ^_^

Even not considering the recent controversy with T-ara, i just don't think it's a very good idea to ad new members in the middle of a group's career. It will be hard on the group, the fans, and the new members themselves. Not to mention that i think t-ara will be too big after the addition of 2 new memebers.

I do wonder really much why some fans easily agree to adding new members. The first thought I have is how unfair it is to the T-ara members. I always try to imagine being in T-ara's place, it is the main reason why I'm strongly opposed to this. Think about how the T-ara members would think if they know their fans easily agree to it...

Even not considering the recent controversy with T-ara, i just don't think it's a very good idea to ad new members in the middle of a group's career. It will be hard on the group, the fans, and the new members themselves. Not to mention that i think t-ara will be too big after the addition of 2 new memebers.

In the middle of their careers? :huh: I believe they have a very long career ahead of them. Actually AKB48 and its sister groups are truly big, if not massive in both quality and quantity. Plus, by adding these 2 members, it will help prolong the group even further, making it no different when Soyeon, Boram, and Qri joined. Would it not be a safe assumption that there's a possibility that our girls can reach a higher degree of success as a 9 member group, since turning into from a 5 to a 3 to a 6 to a 7 to a 8, and now a temporary leave back to 7 with an eventual reunited 8, later on this year to a 9?

Once our dear Hwayoung returns to our T-ara, everything will get better. ^_^

I do wonder really much why some fans easily agree to adding new members. The first thought I have is how unfair it is to the T-ara members. I always try to imagine being in T-ara's place, it is the main reason why I'm strongly opposed to this. Think about how the T-ara members would think if they know their fans easily agree to it...

Did any of our girls stated publicly that "it is unfair to add Areum and Dani"? Or did they perform and shared the stage with their newest members at their recent fan meet? Perhaps it is best in taking the truth from them, no? I think and believe that our girls are well and able, especially mature enough, to make things better, not worse.

Oh and another thing, whose to say that adding the members wasn't a suggestion from our girls to begin with? Think about that.

Did any of our girls stated publicly that "it is unfair to add Areum and Dani"? Or did they perform and shared the stage with their newest members at their recent fan meet? Perhaps it is best in taking the truth from them, no? I think and believe that our girls are well and able, especially mature enough, to make things better, not worse.

Oh and another thing, whose to say that adding the members wasn't a suggestion from our girls to begin with? Think about that.

That's being professional. They simply can't show that they're not satisfied. Plus it's not like they can do anything about it so they just go with the flow. And who's to say that they don't feel any kind of resentment when they know their company gonna add members? We will never know. I'm not saying you should just flat out disagree and not support the new members, it's not like we can do anything about it but just think in T-ara's shoes. I just feel confused that some people easily agrees. And plus the whole big scandal that happen now is because of the addition.

And your second point, it's definitely not a suggestion from them. Remember they only know about areum and dani addition after reading the news like us. And hwayoung addition, it's not either if you watch their interviews. All ideas from the CEO with 30 years of experience. And using logic, why on earth would anyone willing to share profits they made with some stranger.

That's being professional. They simply can't show that they're not satisfied. Plus it's not like they can do anything about it so they just go with the flow.

They can't, or there's really nothing to complain about? Are you present with our girls to "witness" their reactions and comments, let alone their point of views? :huh:

And who's to say that they don't feel any kind of resentment when they know their company gonna add members? We will never know.

Unless they say so that it is or not.

I'm not saying you should just flat out disagree and not support the new members, it's not like we can do anything about it but just think in T-ara's shoes.

Ah, but actually your arguments are disagreeing and unsupportive to the new members. If there's nothing a person can do, why even bother "trying to think like them", in the first place? I'm not a young woman, so "no", thinking like them is not possible. Understanding them, sure.

I just feel confused that some people easily agrees.

Easily agree to, or simply "supportive" and have a "positive outlook" for the start of new employees to the company?

And plus the whole big scandal that happen now is because of the addition.

It's not a big scandal, more like a huge misunderstanding backed by a bunch of frauds, liars, and antis. T-ara hasn't lost much, and things are still progressing. :D

And your second point, it's definitely not a suggestion from them. Remember they only know about areum and dani addition after reading the news like us. And hwayoung addition, it's not either if you watch their interviews. All ideas from the CEO with 30 years of experience. And using logic, why on earth would anyone willing to share profits they made with some stranger.

This all started to take root back this passed January, with an official report from a Core Contents Media representative debunking the rumors about T-ara gaining a new 8th member from the Global Super Idol show. It wasn't until March of this year, that it was announced by Kim Kwang Soo that there will be a change to the member line up. So, as I ask you again about how possible it is that adding a member could've been a suggestion from one or more members between January and March of this year. I guess you didn't read that "online news article" about our Eunjung's interview with KBS 2TV‘s Star Life Theater, last month, on how she was initially worried about the additions, but then didn't need to worry anymore after meeting them later on. Which pretty much ended your argument before it even began.

Oh, and your signature too.

I won't even bother responding because this argument is clearly a waste of time. I respect your opinion however.

It's not a big scandal, more like a huge misunderstanding backed by a bunch of frauds, liars, and antis. T-ara hasn't lost much, and things are still progressing. :D

But this, you're totally underestimating this scandal. T-ara hasn't lose much? They lost everything.. and now Eunjung is out from 5 fingers. Great. Most of the support came from international netizens, not knetizens. And the thing that matters most is the situation in Korea, not international.

I won't even bother responding because this argument is clearly a waste of time. I respect your opinion however.

But this, you're totally underestimating this scandal. T-ara hasn't lose much? They lost everything.. and now Eunjung is out from 5 fingers. Great. Most of the support came from international netizens, not knetizens. And the thing that matters most is the situation in Korea, not international.

I wouldn't go as far to say they lost EVERYTHING but they're pretty much reduced to a level where their pre-Hwayoung popularity/reputaton is almost impossible to salvage, if not entirely. It'll be like a permanent stain on them, or even in the history of Kpop itself, much like how MC Mong will likely be forever remembered as the guy who tried to dodge military service than being a well-known entertainer.

too much people on the stage :s

they're already perfect the way they were

Were when? 5 members? 6 members? As it is understood, their recent achievements as a 7 member group were the highest compared to back then.

Then why bother posting if it is a clear waste of time? :huh:

But this, you're totally underestimating this scandal. T-ara hasn't lose much? They lost everything.. and now Eunjung is out from 5 fingers. Great.

I repeat, it's a misunderstanding. Yes, they did not lose that much. Everything? :lol: If they truly lost "everything", T-ara would be disbanded, all of the T-ara songs off the charts, no fan base anymore, including internationally. Ergo, they didn't lose that much. :D We don't know why she left her drama. Oh, wait a minute, she's still in it, just some sponsor concerns. Geez. <_<

Most of the support came from international netizens, not knetizens. And the thing that matters most is the situation in Korea, not international.

Is your argument now about K-Pop? K-Pop that has recently started to become a global movement of itself, which happens to include our beloved girls of T-ara? Are you suggesting that netizens from South Korea are "willing to make themselves fools and idiots over a misunderstanding through their very own music genre", which happens to reflect their culture to the rest of the world? Especially when music is one of the keystones to bridging a possible peace between North and South Korea? I even recall several articles appointing female idols as cultural ambassadors to the rest of the world not too long ago. We internationally fans have just the same amount of say as those living in South Korea too. And if you didn't notice, all of these fabrications and lies generated by South Korean T-ara Anti-netizens already made themselves into a bunch of morons all over the world in less than a week's time. And for clarification, this situation involves every single fan of T-ara, not just some discriminate group.

they're pretty much reduced to a level where their pre-Hwayoung popularity/reputaton is almost impossible to salvage, if not entirely. It'll be like a permanent stain on them, or even in the history of Kpop itself.

This is pure speculation, not fact, unless you have access inside Core Contents Media on the current status of T-ara right now.

Then why bother posting if it is a clear waste of time? :huh:

I repeat, it's a misunderstanding. Yes, they did not lose that much. Everything? :lol: If they truly lost "everything", T-ara would be disbanded, all of the T-ara songs off the charts, no fan base anymore, including internationally. Ergo, they didn't lose that much. :D We don't know why she left her drama. Oh, wait a minute, she's still in it, just some sponsor concerns. Geez. <_<

Because I didnt know your stance before.

Didnt lose that much..your way of thinking amuse me.

Sponsor concern because of the bullying issue. zzz

Because I didnt know your stance before.

Well, I hope this is either a learning lesson or a reminder to read and think before posting without any studying done beforehand when responding to someone like me.

Didnt lose that much..your way of thinking amuse me.

Yeah, still didn't lose that much, and your way of thinking is too premature and speculating, that's pure comedy already.

Sponsor concern because of the bullying issue. zzz

Correction, sponsor concerns on "alleged" accusations with false and fabricated evidence. <_< I get the feeling the sponsors were seriously threatened by the antis and forgot to call the police to handle it.

I get the feeling the sponsors were seriously threatened by the antis and forgot to call the police to handle it.

Even if they did threatened the sponsor, the worst it could have been is threatened of not purchasing their products; the authority can't do anything about that since it doesn't physically inflict any damage to anyone.

On the other hand, I personally think that the sponsors just want to avoid the trouble of people not buying their products over Eunjung, so they looked for replacement. That way, even if the Eunjung's fans, or T-Ara fans in general boycott their products, the fans of the other actress could make up for that loss anyway, and their problems (if there's any) with the antis would cease to exist. That's a much better route for them.

Even if they did threatened the sponsor, the worst it could have been is threatened of not purchasing their products; the authority can't do anything about that since it doesn't physically inflict any damage to anyone.

I wasn't thinking that lightly in terms of criminal/terroristic threatening. Remember that guy that showed up and threw eggs at the Core Contents Media building recently? What a waste of such good food. -_- Imagine if those eggs were lit-molotov-cocktails instead, or worse, him firing an assault rifle at the building. Now replace the building with a shopping mall, happening in front of hundreds of people aimed at the sponsors' product displays. Families, friends, co-workers, etc. Now, is it company policy for those sponsors to take such threats lightly?

On the other hand, I personally think that the sponsors just want to avoid the trouble of people not buying their products over Eunjung, so they looked for replacement. That way, even if the Eunjung's fans, or T-Ara fans in general boycott their products, the fans of the other actress could make up for that loss anyway, and their problems (if there's any) with the antis would cease to exist. That's a much better route for them.

Here's the thing that everybody is missing here, . . . these products appearing on the show are not solely on Eunjung, but the show in general. If these products were "specifically" represented by Eunjung and no one else in the entire cast, then Eunjung will be literally covered with all of these items. That's pretty moronic for a drama to do, won't you agree? The sponsors to squarely target Eunjung is clearly discriminating, as proof of them not following contractual procedures that were clearly signed and agreed upon, before shooting ever started.

Here's the thing that everybody is missing here, . . . these products appearing on the show are not solely on Eunjung, but the show in general. If these products were "specifically" represented by Eunjung and no one else in the entire cast, then Eunjung will be literally covered with all of these items. That's pretty moronic for a drama to do, won't you agree? The sponsors to squarely target Eunjung is clearly discriminating, as proof of them not following contractual procedures that were clearly signed and agreed upon, before shooting ever started.

I don't see what's your point is. The advertisements are not all dependent on Eunjung obviously, but the fact* is that the sponsors made the move due to that incident with T-Ara recently, which Eunjung happens to be a member of. If I was thinking for the sake of the drama, I wouldn't remove Eunjung. She was cast for a reason. On the other hand, if I was thinking for the sake of marketing, I would remove Eunjung. Like you said, that is discriminating, which is why the issue is getting bigger with the Korean Entertainment Management Association getting involved (source http://news.nate.com/view/20120823n27636 ). From older news on diadem, they did say that there were arguments over the dismissal of Eunjung, but that doesn't change the fact*.

I don't see what's your point is.

Yes, they did discriminate Eunjung and removed her from the drama due to the "misunderstanding", because they are worried that their products won't generate their revenue through "drama/film marketing". Antis threatened the drama by complaining and complaining about removing her, boycotting their products, and not watch the show at all, maybe even telling other people not to watch it too. At first, they took the initial verbal/text assaults, but didn't show any signs of letting her go, because Eunjung was still able to appear and participate at the drama's press conference not long after. So it would seem logical for antis to step it up another level, in order to make it clear to the sponsors just how serious they are on their threats. Sponsors cave. Have emergency meeting. The "threats had to be severe enough" in order for them to forget about the contractual procedures in discussing a casting change with Eunjung. In short, my point is, the antis are the ones responsible for forcing/motivating the sponsors to discriminate against our Eunjung. Just like how the antis continue to forget that it was 19 written statements that "convinced Kim Kwang Soo enough" to terminate our dear Hwayoung, but left enough room for her to reunite with the group. Understand?