Diadem Forums

[12.06.12] T-ara's eighth member revealed: Areum, a cute high school girl

nathaniel

Looks like the storm has calmed down and here comes the bright sunny day for the 8th member. A bit surprised actually at how well she is being received compared to Dani. It feels like KKS's tactic actually worked by revealing Dani first and then Areum later. All my dislike is already thrown at Dani and when the 8th member is revealed, I'm tired of hating and my hate level has already gone down.

I hope that Jiyeon and Hwayoung will be nice to her on screen but if they want to kick her a** behind the scenes, I wouldn't mind. (I wouldn't know anyway). Poor Jiyeon for losing her maknae position to a 14 year old and might face the probability of losing her visual position too to our cutie pie Areum.

*Jiyeon, don't worry. Ask Eunjung to give you a hug whenever you feel like breaking down. <3

...You guys do realize that if she indeed has a good vocal, the lines for the current members will be reduced? Well I guess for those who's bias is Hyomin, Soyeon and Eunjung, they wont care...I don't know how her having good vocal will help T-ara since we already like the music that T-ara is releasing.

I hope that Jiyeon and Hwayoung will be nice to her on screen but if they want to kick her a** behind the scenes, I wouldn't mind. (I wouldn't know anyway). Poor Jiyeon for losing her maknae position to a 14 year old and might face the probability of losing her visual position too to our cutie pie Areum.

I guess Hwayoung will feel how 6-Ara felt when she was added to the group so I don't think she will react negatively. Jiyeon on the other hand.....

I don't think Jiyeon will lose her visual position, she already develops a big fandom so KKS wont be stupid enough to change that. Plus Jiyeon is obviously more gorgeous and cuter than her :rolleyes:

Hmmm.. She must be older than Jiyeonie but Younger than Hwayoung? Hmm.. Mola~ She's Cute.. AND STILL IN HIGHSCHOOL? lol ~ Hwaiting then (:

The girl is younger than Jiyeon by a year. Jiyeon is the same age as Hwayoung so the girl is younger than Hwayoung by a year as well. Urgh I hate the fact that the girl is the same age as me. And now T-ara has underaged girls again...and two at that....

I guess i will laugh at the members timeline....

it really a joke that t-ara is going to become 9 after 2-3yr later of debut.

I understand Hwayoung join later after 6 t-ara debut. But Hwayoung join timing was just right for T-ara.

I will never agree 9 - tara

One time add member is forgiveness.. but 2nd and 3rd time NO never!

I can see ppl here quite funny too.

Cute & age 18 = accept

Age young = not accept.

Sigh ... this doesn't benefit our 7- tara

Hxz7E.jpg

You forgot Ryu Hwayoung in your 7-Ara :P What you just listed was 6-Ara xD

But ya.. i think i could give this 8th member a chance but I don't think I'll ever accept Dani....

T-ara was perfect before, we'll see how these two additions would further perfect them or just destroy them.

me too.. i can accept this 8th member because of her age.. not like dani that has a huge gap on their ages..

Cute & age 18 = accept

Age young = not accept.

This proves that having a cute face is very important in life. <_< (*jealous) I think people tend to accept Areum more compared to Dani is basically because of the age and the claim that the former has good vocals. If Dani is around Jiyeon's age and minus the fact that she was discovered on the streets while eating an ice-cream by her paedophile father, KKS, Dani wouldn't be receiving as much hate as she is getting now.

Some of us take these new changes with open heart and some of us take longer time to get use to these changes (that's me). No matter which side you are on, our motive is the same. We wish that T-ara will continue to be as successful as they are now (or better) and continue giving us good songs to listen to. The member changes might break or make T-ara but since T-ara always surprises me with their high endurance to their killing schedules (plus some scandals), I wouldn't find them having any difficulties in adjusting themselves to the member changes. Unless, one day they got sick of the stress and decided to leave T-ara, I believe that T-ara will continue being T-ara irregardless of the member changes.

*I feel that Queen's are amazing people as well especially those who are T-ara's fans even before T-ara debut since they often get "heart attacks" from KKS/CCM on the member changes and also T-ara's scandals/health problems.

I'm really upset by this and was hoping this was all a troll, but as someone on tumblr pointed out, you can see a hidden figure in the group shot of choreo practice in this picture:

tumblr_m5hbygnwhp1rwvvolo3_1280.jpg

And Some believe it to be Areum.

I don't think this is a good move, though I'm not as incensed over Areum as I am over pedoparty Dani. That's because she's someone who has been training, who has been attending an art school and has been chosen for reasons, at least we can tell ourselves that. Dani was chosen for... being 12 years old and walking down the street.

People just now started accepting T-ara as a seven member unit. They just now started respecting Hwayoung once they saw her dedication and hard work. Hwayoung just now started receiving face time in their videos and performances, in fact she didn't even get much in the Japanese sapphire box thingy majig that was released. Areum and Dani are going to have to handle all of this, the pressure of being new, the awkward new choreography for their old songs, building a name and face for themselves within an established group, getting screen time. On top of all the regular work they already do. It's going to suck.

It's also going to suck to forever hear in youtube comments, in articles, in performances, in new updates, in airport photos, EVERYWHERE "I hate 9-ara go back to 7-ara/ Dani is talentless/ Areum is taking my bias time/etc" And we'll be hearing that for the rest of T-ara's career. This is a redefining of how people talk about them, it is a huge blow to their image. They won't just be T-ara, they'll be "That group that added a member then added two new members and one of them was 14". That does a lot, it will dissuade any new fans, it will disillusion any casual fans and it will be a burden on the fans that choose to sit back and attempt to give these girls a chance once we see that KKS is for real. Who wants to be a part of a split dramatic fandom? Not I.

My only course of action will be to hang on to my precious 7 and keep my eye on these two. I'll try to turn a blind eye to the destruction of the queen's and defamation they're going to receive but.. it might get tough.

I think it's quite unfair that Areum's being accepted (a little) because she's the same age as Jiyeon and Hwayoung while Dani's being bashed all the way. I don't know yet the capacity of this new member (but I think better than Dani) but I wanted to point out that some were really bias about their age and looks. And I don't really want to adhere about their looks because both of them really look irrelevant for me. Day by day, the acceptance of these new members are becoming hard. KKS promised so much but we always end up getting disappointed.

And let me add, it's tiring to hear - "If you don't support them all then you're not a real Queen." It's too much. This situation happening to T-ara is a good example. That's why we're fans. Although we're here to support we're also here to be heard. So please let's not brush this off and pretend that this is another-Hwayoung-like-addition stuff. Hwayoung wasn't added to threaten T-ara. And where ever angle we want this issue to see, we know in ourselves that the new members addition isn't as simple it is. And no, it won't be the same that we would have to ready ourselves anytime.

...You guys do realize that if she indeed has a good vocal, the lines for the current members will be reduced? Well I guess for those who's bias is Hyomin, Soyeon and Eunjung, they wont care...I don't know how her having good vocal will help T-ara since we already like the music that T-ara is releasing.

I guess Hwayoung will feel how 6-Ara felt when she was added to the group so I don't think she will react negatively. Jiyeon on the other hand.....

I don't think Jiyeon will lose her visual position, she already develops a big fandom so KKS wont be stupid enough to change that. Plus Jiyeon is obviously more gorgeous and cuter than her :rolleyes:

The girl is younger than Jiyeon by a year. Jiyeon is the same age as Hwayoung so the girl is younger than Hwayoung by a year as well. Urgh I hate the fact that the girl is the same age as me. And now T-ara has underaged girls again...and two at that....

Can only hope and pray that she doesn't overtake their lines..

Visual or not, if Jiyeon gets less air time, her fans will probably make the biggest fuss about it :lol:

And Jiyeon is way prettier and cuter than the two new additions, when she was their age that is~ I wanted to pinch Jiyeon's cheeks when she was 18 but for the other two i sorta want to punch them instead :P

This proves that having a cute face is very important in life. <_< (*jealous) I think people tend to accept Areum more compared to Dani is basically because of the age and the claim that the former has good vocals. If Dani is around Jiyeon's age and minus the fact that she was discovered on the streets while eating an ice-cream by her paedophile father, KKS, Dani wouldn't be receiving as much hate as she is getting now.

Some of us take these new changes with open heart and some of us take longer time to get use to these changes (that's me). No matter which side you are on, our motive is the same. We wish that T-ara will continue to be as successful as they are now (or better) and continue giving us good songs to listen to. The member changes might break or make T-ara but since T-ara always surprises me with their high endurance to their killing schedules (plus some scandals), I wouldn't find them having any difficulties in adjusting themselves to the member changes. Unless, one day they got sick of the stress and decided to leave T-ara, I believe that T-ara will continue being T-ara irregardless of the member changes.

*I feel that Queen's are amazing people as well especially those who are T-ara's fans even before T-ara debut since they often get "heart attacks" from KKS/CCM on the member changes and also T-ara's scandals/health problems.

Dani's addition seems utterly unreasonable and stupid, whereas Areum seems to have some sort of applicable reason for the addition (although for me, no reasons are acceptable for these additions, not unless a member or two decided to go solo and they need two members to fill the gap, but regardless, i think they'll be fine without additions - if this was the case.)

If i knew about T-ara and was a Queen's before their debut days, I think I would have left the fan dom. And I won't be leaving because I don't like them, rather taking a break because I won't be able to handle all the BS KKS is throwing at me lol

The very first Queen's sure are tough people.

I guess i will laugh at the members timeline....

it really a joke that t-ara is going to become 9 after 2-3yr later of debut.

I understand Hwayoung join later after 6 t-ara debut. But Hwayoung join timing was just right for T-ara.

I will never agree 9 - tara

One time add member is forgiveness.. but 2nd and 3rd time NO never!

Cute & age 18 = accept

Age young = not accept.

Looking at that timeline, it makes me cringe at the later additions.. It really reminds me of AF =_=

Stupid and unreasonable to add members so late in the career.... such a shame really ._.

Rather than actually accepting these members, I'm just "living with it" Not like I'll be paying much attention to them... Hope they won't have a lot of screen time, because the less I see them, the better it'll be

It's also going to suck to forever hear in youtube comments, in articles, in performances, in new updates, in airport photos, EVERYWHERE "I hate 9-ara go back to 7-ara/ Dani is talentless/ Areum is taking my bias time/etc" And we'll be hearing that for the rest of T-ara's career. This is a redefining of how people talk about them, it is a huge blow to their image. They won't just be T-ara, they'll be "That group that added a member then added two new members and one of them was 14". That does a lot, it will dissuade any new fans, it will disillusion any casual fans and it will be a burden on the fans that choose to sit back and attempt to give these girls a chance once we see that KKS is for real. Who wants to be a part of a split dramatic fandom? Not I.

My only course of action will be to hang on to my precious 7 and keep my eye on these two. I'll try to turn a blind eye to the destruction of the queen's and defamation they're going to receive but.. it might get tough.

I had the same thoughts... The fact that T-ara won't be remembered for their hit songs but for their 14 year old addition or addition of 2 members after 3 years or what ever. Pretty sure any news of T-ara on allkpop or something would have those comments that you mentioned above.

"Who wants to be a part of a split dramatic fandom?" This, I believe will dissuade all future Queen's prospect. If i hadn't officially joined this fandom in Dec but joined during the news of Dani's addition, I would've quit right then and there. I wouldn't have bother to get to know the girls. I don't particularly enjoy unreasonable changes, call me close-minded, I don't really care; but I don't think anyone would want to become hard-core fans knowing that years, months, even weeks, down the road the group would change drastically (like this...)

Hmmm... first, I thought that she will be debuting as new 6-member girl group of CCM (all of them are average in teens and CCM trainee). I read some article about this in some site (not sure about the site) ;) But now it seems that she will debuting as the 8TH MEMBER of T-ara....let's see how it works... <_<

Guest Syer1001

okay, we finally get her name. And that's the only thing we should care right now. Does it really matter if T-ara is no longer 7-ara but 9-ara from now onward?

Before people keep on saying about how they rage over the news of T-ara's addition. And now few people are still raging over that. The next thing you know nobody give a sh*t about the addition anymore. The only 7-ara supporters in the future are the one who can't really move forward in their life.

Let's hear their voices before flame wars okay?

I'm really upset by this and was hoping this was all a troll, but as someone on tumblr pointed out, you can see a hidden figure in the group shot of choreo practice in this picture:

tumblr_m5hbygnwhp1rwvvolo3_1280.jpg

And Some believe it to be Areum.

THIS.

Poor 7-Ara especially 6-Ara to have to go through to learn ALL their choreography AGAIN...