Diadem Forums

[12.06.22] T-ara's ninth member Dani, "I want to join T-ara on stage before December!"

nathaniel

Come on guys, don't be so hard on her. She's just a normal girl who sees a dream coming true. Ok, she has basically no training and no experience but if someone wanted you to join a group and be famous wouldn't you do that? I still think she need more training but I kinda understand her rush to debut. I don't really agree but I understand. And who knows, maybe she read a lot of bad comments about her and she just wants to show us that we're wrong.

To be honest I don't undersand why so many people are making such a big fuss over them being 9. Your favourite members are still in. What's the problem? I'm not critizicing anyone, everybody has the right to have their own opinion, I'm just trying to understand.

I just hope that she is READY when she actually does debut, be it sooner or later.

I really think this is just another way for KKS to get more media attention to the group. I don't think he cares if the attention is good or bad, as long as they have any attention (sort of like when he announced he could possibly swap out members earlier in the year).

It's not up to me or any of us on when she jumps in. If that's what she has changed her mind to, be it. Just, don't regret your words. If I was able to talk to her, I'd be like, "What happened to training hard, day and night just to make everything perfect when you join T-ara? If you feel like you have enough training, then it really doesn't hurt to get even better and better. Cherish your pre-debut days when you can." (Y)

Thanks for sharing. :)

It will most likely be better for Dani to join T-ara in December... or even 2 or 3 months later.

A 14 years old... is really too young to be added in a Group with 3 years and more of experience.

When she was scouted, she had no intention of joining this field, she had no experience in acting, dancing or singing. She better train more and learn more before joining T-ara, to get to catch up.

Hope the best for her, Areum, CCM and T-ara :)

Areum isn't 14.

The only way to make him listen to the fans if the fans themselves organize a boycott against T-ara's album next month - as much as it would put a huge damage on T-ara as a whole, it's the only way that can knock some sense into him.

T-ara isn't going to be disbanded or become a huge flop over one album having bad sales as they're among the top tier groups in Korea so I'd say it's worth a shot. The main source of income is of course, from the fans - if the fans organize something of their own against him, then definite results occur.

A lot of fans aren't going to do that simply because it's simultaneously punishing the girls who didn't do anything to deserve it. 7-ara didn't ask for this, and for fans to simply boycott the album isn't just going to hurt the new members; it's going to hurt the other seven as well. I'm sure their morale is already low and if they perceive this boycott as their fans abandoning them in droves, I can only imagine how harmful that blow would be to their self-esteem. Plus when an album underperforms KKS simply makes them work harder; after Temptastic and "Yayaya" underperformed he seemed to make the girls work twice as hard to make up for lost revenue. It may make things even worse than they are now. No, the only way it's really going to get any better for them is if they take legal action against CCM and sue for better working conditions and fair treatment or just try to get out of their contracts completely and join another label. Plus K-Pop is fickle; T-ara may be top-tier, but their status has never been viewed as very stable when compared to groups like SNSD and 2NE1, so they may not recover if their next album does poorly. Competition is very stiff right now and for every group that successfully makes it to the top of the food chain there are five groups nipping at your heels and trying to get a piece of the action.

TL;DR: It won't work.

oh, dani is so anxious. how cute :P

but the truth is that, indeed, is a very difficult decision to make. though it's going to be tough for her to handle the speedy schedule during the promotion, it's not like T-ara is going to have any rest in December, so the changes would be so big (i think)... still, might be quite shocking for a beginner, but I'm pretty sure she can handle it.

whatever the decision is, we we'll wait patiently :D

good luck, Dani-ah «3

She's just a naive girl. Who wouldn't be eager to debut? She's just excited, I would be too. I don't blame her, but she needs to understand her place is not with T-ara. She got lucky because CCM is dumb lol. Maybe in a few years time it would be more acceptable but right now not so much. Well gl to her anyways.

A lot of fans aren't going to do that simply because it's simultaneously punishing the girls who didn't do anything to deserve it. 7-ara didn't ask for this, and for fans to simply boycott the album isn't just going to hurt the new members; it's going to hurt the other seven as well. I'm sure their morale is already low and if they perceive this boycott as their fans abandoning them in droves, I can only imagine how harmful that blow would be to their self-esteem. Plus when an album underperforms KKS simply makes them work harder; after Temptastic and "Yayaya" underperformed he seemed to make the girls work twice as hard to make up for lost revenue. It may make things even worse than they are now. No, the only way it's really going to get any better for them is if they take legal action against CCM and sue for better working conditions and fair treatment or just try to get out of their contracts completely and join another label. Plus K-Pop is fickle; T-ara may be top-tier, but their status has never been viewed as very stable when compared to groups like SNSD and 2NE1, so they may not recover if their next album does poorly. Competition is very stiff right now and for every group that successfully makes it to the top of the food chain there are five groups nipping at your heels and trying to get a piece of the action.

TL;DR: It won't work.

All things considered, I'd even argue that the girls don't even care much whether if this new album will be a success or not - they know their popularity is at its peak and frankly, it's likely in their best interest to simply get a long-deserved vacation before anything else. 3 years of tooth-and-nail work with only a single one-week-long vacation? I think it's pretty clear by now that they know what they want as first priority regardless of the consequences.

Regarding Temptastic and YaYaYa, do also note that T-ara wasn't as popular back then compared to as of now - plus from what I recall, not many people were even aware T-ara was severely overworked at the time, considering that it wasn't until at least the Roly Poly promotions when a few eyebrows were raised.

I'm not sure how they were forced to work harder during the months between Temptastic and the Roly Poly era (other than Eun Jung being in DH1, not to mention I don't watch variety shows) so some info on that is well-appreciated.

If KKS does drive them to work even harder if this upcoming album sells poorly, it'll only just raise the chances of T-ara of taking legal action themselves - additionally, the Korean government itself has been intervening into the ent. industry lately ever since the Open World Ent. scandal became known - even as of now, there's laws being proposed and taken into discussion - such as limiting the amount of hours dramas are allowed to film per day and actors/actresses receiving compensations if such rules are broken - I'm not sure if this also includes idol actresses but it's a very likely case (Eun Jung, Ji Yeon and Hyomin would benefit from this) and following that, more laws taken to protecting idols are likely to follow sooner or later.

Bottom line, a boycott will just accelerate things up a bit if KKS works them off even harder as a result of it - and raises the chance of a lawsuit coming out in the front paper. With the government intervention occurring as well, the timing can't be any better.

Agreed that Kpop is indeed fickle but frankly, what other group is out there that can steal T-ara's place by now? The ones only above T-ara are SNSD and 2NE1 and with WG and KARA on the same tier (or somewhere around that though KARA is easily the top tier in Japan) - I'd call that relatively stable since neither of those 4 other groups are likely to lose their spot very easily to lower-tier groups out there - T-ara's also a certain case, regardless of how idiotic CCM has been lately. The only group at current that has potential to take T-ara's position is likely f(x) but even that's doubtful since SM's been pretty sloppy with them for a while, regardless how much of an 'upgrade' Electric Shock is from their previous tracks.

All things considered, I'd even argue that the girls don't even care much whether if this new album will be a success or not - they know their popularity is at its peak and frankly, it's likely in their best interest to simply get a long-deserved vacation before anything else. 3 years of tooth-and-nail work with only a single one-week-long vacation? I think it's pretty clear by now that they know what they want as first priority regardless of the consequences.

Regarding Temptastic and YaYaYa, do also note that T-ara wasn't as popular back then compared to as of now - plus from what I recall, not many people were even aware T-ara was severely overworked at the time, considering that it wasn't until at least the Roly Poly promotions when a few eyebrows were raised.

I'm not sure how they were forced to work harder during the months between Temptastic and the Roly Poly era (other than Eun Jung being in DH1, not to mention I don't watch variety shows) so some info on that is well-appreciated.

If KKS does drive them to work even harder if this upcoming album sells poorly, it'll only just raise the chances of T-ara of taking legal action themselves - additionally, the Korean government itself has been intervening into the ent. industry lately ever since the Open World Ent. scandal became known - even as of now, there's laws being proposed and taken into discussion - such as limiting the amount of hours dramas are allowed to film per day and actors/actresses receiving compensations if such rules are broken - I'm not sure if this also includes idol actresses but it's a very likely case (Eun Jung, Ji Yeon and Hyomin would benefit from this) and following that, more laws taken to protecting idols are likely to follow sooner or later.

Bottom line, a boycott will just accelerate things up a bit if KKS works them off even harder as a result of it - and raises the chance of a lawsuit coming out in the front paper. With the government intervention occurring as well, the timing can't be any better.

Agreed that Kpop is indeed fickle but frankly, what other group is out there that can steal T-ara's place by now? The ones only above T-ara are SNSD and 2NE1 and with WG and KARA on the same tier (or somewhere around that though KARA is easily the top tier in Japan) - I'd call that relatively stable since neither of those 4 other groups are likely to lose their spot very easily to lower-tier groups out there - T-ara's also a certain case, regardless of how idiotic CCM has been lately. The only group at current that has potential to take T-ara's position is likely f(x) but even that's doubtful since SM's been pretty sloppy with them for a while, regardless how much of an 'upgrade' Electric Shock is from their previous tracks.

I highly doubt that the girls are at the point that they just don't care anymore; if that were the case they would've spoken up and said something about everything going on by now, even if it was at the risk of being kicked out of the group. Obviously some of the girls are more invested in their careers as idols than others, but to say that they simply don't care if their albums or singles don't sell well is reaching...they wanted the success they've earned, they worked hard for it, and although I know they are still in dire need of a vacation it probably isn't as cut and dry as "I don't think they care if they flop at this point or not, they just want a vacation." There are a lot of variables and factors unknown to us since we don't work in the entertainment industry and I'm pretty sure that one reason the girls have been so reticent to speak up as of late is because they DO care what people think of them and how well they fare, as well as how it would affect their careers. Yes, they want a vacation...but they also want to keep their jobs, and there's more to it than just being forced to tow the line. They can leave if they want to, and for some reason they haven't yet. They're either trying to see if they can just deal with the changes and learn to accept them or biding their time until they're able to form a united front and deal with this in such a way that they can affect change without risking everything they've worked so hard for...but if they simply didn't care we'd be seeing the disarray in the group in some way, shape or form. Their speaking out got them in trouble once; instead of getting what they hoped for they nearly lost everything they worked so hard to obtain, so I have a feeling there's more to it than meets the eye.

Temptastic and "Yayaya" were indeed considered disappointments as the girls had just had a pretty successful run with their Breaking Heart repackage (it and Absolute First Album have sold nearly 100,000 physical units combined) and "I Go Crazy Because Of You," which ended up being one of the biggest hits in Korea in 2010. Factor in that "TTL" and "Bo Peep Bo Peep" were sizeable hits for them in 2009 and it shows that they had built up a lot more momentum than many actually realized. So to go from that to not even cracking the top 100 most downloaded songs of the year with "Yayaya" and not even shifting 40,000 units sold with Temptastic was a tumble for them. They were on target to become one of the bigger groups to come out of 2009 and for a short time lost some steam to f(x) and even Miss A. There were other factors involved as well, including Jiyeon's scandal and Hwayoung's addition, which either did nothing to help the group or harmed the group's image pretty badly. But I digress. Relating that to the fact that T-ara seemed to have to work doubly as hard afterward, it became pretty apparent that T-ara was having to promote so extensively for "Roly-Poly" due to not only their own recent stumble but Co-Ed School and 5doll's inability to meet T-ara's success upon their own respective debuts. It was around this time that KKS realized that T-ara was indeed his moneymaker and began milking them for all they were worth while neglecting his other groups in the process. Co-Ed, SPEED, and 5dolls have all had time to debut or come back in the past year, yet we've heard nothing from them while T-ara has come back 4 times in the past year alone.

And I'm sorry, but you and I just don't see eye to eye on the boycott issue. It's good to know that laws protecting idols are coming into play, and ultimately that's how this needs to work out...hopefully less abrasive measures can be taken to protect groups like T-ara, who are vulnerable and need their voices to be heard. Like I said, there are just too many variables at play to risk the girl's careers by orchestrating a boycott, though. At this point most fans realize that KKS is not just messing with the girls but with the fans themselves; who's to say that he won't take action by COMPLETELY ruining T-ara or disbanding them? I don't think he's the most stable man in the world and a boycott would likely just send him over the edge, along with whatever price T-ara themselves would have to pay for its failure. He blames them for EVERYTHING that goes wrong, and I imagine he'd find some way to pin this on them as well. Saying that we should orchestrate a boycott and hope that it brings about a positive result is really reckless as far as I'm concerned as we have absolutely no idea what the end outcome will actually be. A lawsuit is almost surely coming one way or another, but I doubt a boycott would move it along any further. It's extremist and no better than the fans who cause black oceans at concerts or send threatening letters to people who speak badly of their biases. There are better ways to get the desired results; more often than not actions like this just do more harm than good.

When I say T-ara isn't stable I mean that they don't have the same amenities that the girl groups you mentioned above have, with the exception of KARA, who doesn't come from the big 3. They don't have a major label backing them, they just now are about to get their very own fanclub, so there is no unity or stability amongst the fans right now, and furthermore, T-ara's fandom is in a state of absolute, utter chaos. Nobody agrees on anything, people are bailing out left and right due to the changes, pretty much all the momentum T-ara had gained over the past year has come to a screeching halt. Considering that many wagered that T-ara would probably be amongst the top 2 groups had they just been left alone and allowed to come back in the summer as planned, it's pretty disconcerting that other groups like f(x) (who have shown that they are a contender with "Electric Shock") or Miss A are waiting in the wings to swap out with someone who even makes one misstep. Even Sistar has shown themselves to be formidable with the release of "Alone." Add to that that groups like Dal Shabet, A Pink, and even Nine Muses are growing in popularity, and there really is no room for missteps right now. The only group I would truly consider "safe" at this point really is SNSD, and even they're reaching what I would consider the apex of their fame. Ultimately my point is that a group can fall into obscurity just as quickly as they can attain relevancy, and with T-ara's predicament being so complicated I wonder just how much they could survive before it was all too much. They've overcome a lot of obstacles but this is a huge mess that even groups like SNSD or 2NE1 would have a hard time with; with T-ara being relatively new to the big leagues and already having a past record for inconsistency I just don't know if they could handle member additions, a complete overhaul, and a poor-selling album. Stronger groups have disbanded over far, far less.

Anyways, it's pretty much a moot point at this time and junction; I see no reason for a boycott since I'm pretty sure T-ara's digital and physical sales are going to take a pretty good hit regardless of what the fans do. I don't see this selling as well as Black Eyes, Funky Town, or Breaking Heart; if anything they'll be lucky to break 25,000 and I don't see "Day By Day" outperforming "Lovey Dovey" or "Cry Cry" on the charts. It's not because I don't think the material isn't good; I'm very anxious to hear the finished results of "Day By Day" and am sure that their new mini will be fantastic, I just think that all of the ridiculous changes are going to take its toll on the group's newfound success. And that's how it should be...if the album isn't meeting the same levels of success that the group had during the Black Eyes/Funky Town eras, that's going to be enough of a wakeup call for KKS. And it's not going to sell as well, let's be honest here. They're already in a pretty bad situation; something like boycotting is simply pouring salt on the wound.

oh, god..

this news really disturb me a lot..

really don't like this new addition..

Dani, you should practice more so i can like you (maybe)

how can you join T-ara with a few months of training while others has done with years of training.. :blink:

KKS sure good with troll (i hope you do't ruin my precious T-ara)

tbh , i lost all my interest to T-ara after CCM's decision of adding member 8 and 9 .____.

You and half of the fandom did =(

We were small, now we're even smaller T^T

I don't even know why people are comparing Dani to BoA; it's completely different. Like people have mentioned, BoA debuted as a solo artist, and furthermore, she was actually TALENTED AND TRAINED enough to do it - Dani? I don't know about talent, but she sure as hell doesn't have the training.

And to some extent I think the dislike towards her is justified - Dani practically brought it on herself by accepting the offer to join T-ara; just because she's a kid doesn't mean I have to overlook the fact that she's completely ruining the group dynamics with her presence. Say she's young and doesn't understand the consequences if you'd like, but I think a 14-year-old should be cognizant enough to realize that she'll get haters.

It doesn't help that this debuting early crap just makes her look like even more of a whiny kid who wants fame. Sorry for being harsh, but =/

The only thing that's similar is their age of debut, nothing more. Even then, it's like talking about fruits but comparing apples and oranges, two totally separate issues

I agree with you. I hate the excuse "she's just a kid!" Please, if a 11 year old murder a 3 year old, would you just say "Oh, he's just a kid! Give him a break!"? Probably not.

Off topic there, anyway, I'm pretty sure any normal 14 year old would at least think of the consequences, or weigh the pros and cons. But if she's like most teenagers, she's probably only thinking about the pros: fame and money and not the cons.

Come on guys, don't be so hard on her. She's just a normal girl who sees a dream coming true. Ok, she has basically no training and no experience but if someone wanted you to join a group and be famous wouldn't you do that? I still think she need more training but I kinda understand her rush to debut. I don't really agree but I understand. And who knows, maybe she read a lot of bad comments about her and she just wants to show us that we're wrong.

To be honest I don't undersand why so many people are making such a big fuss over them being 9. Your favourite members are still in. What's the problem? I'm not critizicing anyone, everybody has the right to have their own opinion, I'm just trying to understand.

I'm not sure if people are making a fuss of the number 9 or the fact that T-ara is already good with the number 7. They have enough members to still perform if and when a member or two are absent. Each one of their own unique vocals; each have their weakness and their own strengths. Together, their strengths cover each other's weaknesses, imo.

And I'm curious to what you understand about her wanting to debut faster. Because of fame and glory? because of money? If those are the reasons, then it's better if she doesn't enter this industry. She'll be ripped apart faster than a wet paper. If it's for experience, she'll have plenty of those once she debuts, in December as she said a few weeks ago.

YO...what happen to this little girl... at first she say that she want to debut on december to train more and not making herself to become a burden to t-ara unnies.... but now she want to debut as soon as possible... what are you thinking... dani?

I wonder if she has short term memory to have forgotten what she said, that or it's CCM's doing

Dani really knows how to make people hate her huh...

People are dreading her to join T-ara yet she can easily say this..smh

Not to mention she needs training more, like 5 years.

Could be Dani, could be CCM, regardless, these news about her are making me less and less likely to fully welcome her to the group (was going to give a chance on her debut but these news are making me cringe)

Here comes the whiny 14 year old, who had no interest or prior training in singing or dancing before being selected to be in the group, wanting to be on stage with established members in less than half a year of training. She clearly just wants to get all the fame and attention that T-ara has earned over the years without having to wait until December to do it. She wants to get on stage so she can hear people cheer for her and shout out her name without a clear understanding of how the Korean music industry works as well as how she'll possibly be perceived. I feel quite sorry for her as she comes across as not having a clue about what she's getting into. I seriously hope they reconsider her joining the group as she seems to be giving CCM a headache already with her request. She has no regard of how her joining the group can affect the others and is solely concerned about getting on stage just to be there. Exactly what I'd expect out of a 14 year old but not a future member of T-ara.

*claps*

Honestly, my first reaction was like "wtf is this kid thinking?"

But then, after thinking about it for a moment, I kind of feel that she wants to debut faster so people can see her talent. It's no doubt that she already knows how stupidly unwelcome she is in T-ara.

A lot of people were against Hwayoung too right? But then, Hwayoungie debuted and we were blown away by her rapping talent. Perhaps she thinks that she can also appeal to us more by being an "amazing T-ara addition" rather than "some bratty kid".

She probably want to prove herself worthy. A fourteen year old- no, a soon to debut artist can only take so much hate before breaking down. This applies to all artists, no matter the age.

C'mon, let's not be so immature.

1) We need to support T-ara as a whole. You can't support 7-ara anymore w/o the two new members.

2) No matter how much we hate the choice, KKM isn't going to revoke their decision. Nothing is going to be done unless the two new members themselves withdraw.

3) If the two new members do withdraw, how do you think that will reflect of T-ara and us Queens?

4) Put yourselves in Dani's shoes for minute, and read all the hateful comments circulating everywhere. You think those comments are harsh? You think those are a damn lot of hateful comments? Then think of how many and how harsh the comments are in Korea and Japan, T-ara's main promoting areas.

I'm not saying you should absolutely adore her, just, please, don't hate on her.

/end rant/

Well, if i was her, i would want to have those extra months to prepare even more. even though I'll be confident and probably know I'm good at it, as well as wanting to show off my talents, it never hurts to have a few more months, weeks and even days of practice.

Would rather have people wait and see my awesomeness than to debut faster and risk being criticized for my lack of preparation/talent. After all, fans are crazy people :P

As for Hwayoung's rapping.. I wasn't impress with it. In fact, the thought that went to my head was "Why was she added..." Hyomin and Eunjung rapping was far better than hers. And I became a hard-core T-ara fan after she was added!

1)I'm pretty sure really determined people can support T-ara without support the two additions. Such as fan signs, gifts, etc.

2)I think a lot of people in the fandom is praying and hoping they will lol

3)Nothing. Absolutely nothing. T-ara won't change, they'll still be the 7 lovely ladies we know and grew to love with each passing month day. Queen's won't change either. We were named by the current T-ara so... meh

4)That's showbiz for ya.

I'm currently at the border line between indifference and dislike, hate is too strong of a word. BUT I do hate KKS :)

As someone who entered into the entertainment industry at a younger age than she is (and certainly not an industry as rough as the Korean music industry), I personally don't feel sorry for people who put themselves in a position such as her without taking the time to get educated on what the non-glamorous side of the industry entails (considering her age, her parents should have done this in her case) prior to making a decision. The only people who I feel sorry for are the children whose parents force them to be in the industry despite their desires not to be. It's not about being immature, it's about being realistic and being mature enough to understand the good and the bad of what type of situation you're getting yourself into and how it's going to affect you as well as those who are working around you. If you can't take the bad with the good, being in the entertainment industry is not the place to be if you can't handle it. At least Areum wanted to be a singer and should have great knowledge of what she is getting into since she has parents who worked in the industry. Dani, on the other hand, had no desire to be a singer prior to being scouted and is starting with zero experience yet she wants to be on stage in less than half a year's worth of training. And she most likely knows the negative impact her joining the group has had on the fans yet she wants to start performing earlier instead of allowing the fans time to gradually get used to her being in a group and officially debuting later. Let's be real, her main concern is being on stage and basking in the limelight. If she felt otherwise, she would have stuck to what she said before about wanting to focus more on training instead of doing a complete 180 and asking to perform earlier than she was originally intended. I'll give her one thing, she's pretty bold to ask the CEO to change his plans about the time when she's supposed to come out. He better be careful with her, especially if she's the type to be bold and speak out on things she doesn't agree with or doesn't like (you know how much he hates that). Although it rubbed me the wrong way, I appreciate her honesty as I like seeing a person's true colors rather than them just saying some crap to make them look good (like that turning down beauty campaign offers to focus on training BS that I suspect CCM of making up to make her look so desirable).

Is her true colors a greedy brat then? =/ Well anyway, all these news, we really don't know if it's really Dani who's talking or KKS. Hopefully it's KKS and not Dani, because then at least she won't be hated as much lol

@FreakyFlyBri - Thanks for the info and your discussion. It was highly appreciated :)

Admittedly, my faith in the group had been terribly shaken off the cliff over time and moreso, I don't even consider myself a fan of T-ara anymore (that is until all hell breaks loose on CCM when that lawsuit occurs....whenever that will happen), plus can't help but be highly pessimistic of the issue here - up to the point I even thought the chances of a lawsuit occurring may diminish considering they likely don't even have the time to plan for one. Hell, I even rooted for other groups to beat T-ara in sales and awards (despite how meaningless some of those awards can actually be) at one point.

Needless to say, you're words have reassured me a lot - though I would disagree Miss A and f(x) are potentially likely to overthrow T-ara's spot indefinitely (compared to being T-ara as CCM's flagship, Miss A isn't exactly a top tier group even in JYP when compared with the WG whereas f(x) is arguably the most least popular group in SM and even with Electric Shock, it's still too early to really guess they'd go up to T-ara's popularity) but that's a wholly different topic so I wont' dwell further into it.

It seems like I've overestimated T-ara's staying power after all.

Come to think of it, I think this may be the very reason why KKS deliberately prevented an official fandom of occurring for so long until this summer - I don't know about the K-fans, but looking at how the fandom here is torn apart, that's just what KKS would want - to nullify whatever possible organized effort can be taken from the fans themselves. If T-ara had its own official fandom much earlier, chances are fans would have taken much more definite and organized action and provided a major headache towards KKS - obviously, he doesn't want that.

I don't know how many fans have lost their interest in T-ara but he clearly has an ulterior motive in having opening ceremony of T-ara's official fandom is this particular season.

Hopefully the group itself will take action sooner or later as you say. The longer they stay in that pathetic excuse of a company (which goes to say, the recent 5dolls scandal makes it look like the internal affairs in CCM is pretty nasty), the more things are just going to get harder.

Isn't her request too greedy? I mean, she must know how QUEENS feel right now about her and Areum (yes, this Areum girl isn't an exception -.-) and she chose December as her debut month so that she can practice more. Wow, she can even choose her debut date LOL Not because she appears in the MV, she has to go for more. People's reactions aren't still positive. And I'm afraid I can never like this girl anymore. I'm afraid 7-ara spirit is still alive in me -.-

isnt it cool to see this on headline of worldwide

Off topic there, anyway,

T-ARA fans boycott T-ARA's dbd album because of KKS CCM Troll to protest 7-tara.

T-ARA fans boycott T-ARA's dbd album to protest new additional 2 members.

T-ARA fans boycott T-ARA's dbd album because of KKS CCM Trolling.

T-ARA fans boycott T-ARA's dbd album to protest

I highly doubt that the girls are at the point that they just don't care anymore; if that were the case they would've spoken up and said something about everything going on by now, even if it was at the risk of being kicked out of the group. Obviously some of the girls are more invested in their careers as idols than others, but to say that they simply don't care if their albums or singles don't sell well is reaching...they wanted the success they've earned, they worked hard for it, and although I know they are still in dire need of a vacation it probably isn't as cut and dry as "I don't think they care if they flop at this point or not, they just want a vacation." There are a lot of variables and factors unknown to us since we don't work in the entertainment industry and I'm pretty sure that one reason the girls have been so reticent to speak up as of late is because they DO care what people think of them and how well they fare, as well as how it would affect their careers. Yes, they want a vacation...but they also want to keep their jobs, and there's more to it than just being forced to tow the line. They can leave if they want to, and for some reason they haven't yet. They're either trying to see if they can just deal with the changes and learn to accept them or biding their time until they're able to form a united front and deal with this in such a way that they can affect change without risking everything they've worked so hard for...but if they simply didn't care we'd be seeing the disarray in the group in some way, shape or form. Their speaking out got them in trouble once; instead of getting what they hoped for they nearly lost everything they worked so hard to obtain, so I have a feeling there's more to it than meets the eye.

Temptastic and "Yayaya" were indeed considered disappointments as the girls had just had a pretty successful run with their Breaking Heart repackage (it and Absolute First Album have sold nearly 100,000 physical units combined) and "I Go Crazy Because Of You," which ended up being one of the biggest hits in Korea in 2010. Factor in that "TTL" and "Bo Peep Bo Peep" were sizeable hits for them in 2009 and it shows that they had built up a lot more momentum than many actually realized. So to go from that to not even cracking the top 100 most downloaded songs of the year with "Yayaya" and not even shifting 40,000 units sold with Temptastic was a tumble for them. They were on target to become one of the bigger groups to come out of 2009 and for a short time lost some steam to f(x) and even Miss A. There were other factors involved as well, including Jiyeon's scandal and Hwayoung's addition, which either did nothing to help the group or harmed the group's image pretty badly. But I digress. Relating that to the fact that T-ara seemed to have to work doubly as hard afterward, it became pretty apparent that T-ara was having to promote so extensively for "Roly-Poly" due to not only their own recent stumble but Co-Ed School and 5doll's inability to meet T-ara's success upon their own respective debuts. It was around this time that KKS realized that T-ara was indeed his moneymaker and began milking them for all they were worth while neglecting his other groups in the process. Co-Ed, SPEED, and 5dolls have all had time to debut or come back in the past year, yet we've heard nothing from them while T-ara has come back 4 times in the past year alone.

And I'm sorry, but you and I just don't see eye to eye on the boycott issue. It's good to know that laws protecting idols are coming into play, and ultimately that's how this needs to work out...hopefully less abrasive measures can be taken to protect groups like T-ara, who are vulnerable and need their voices to be heard. Like I said, there are just too many variables at play to risk the girl's careers by orchestrating a boycott, though. At this point most fans realize that KKS is not just messing with the girls but with the fans themselves; who's to say that he won't take action by COMPLETELY ruining T-ara or disbanding them? I don't think he's the most stable man in the world and a boycott would likely just send him over the edge, along with whatever price T-ara themselves would have to pay for its failure. He blames them for EVERYTHING that goes wrong, and I imagine he'd find some way to pin this on them as well. Saying that we should orchestrate a boycott and hope that it brings about a positive result is really reckless as far as I'm concerned as we have absolutely no idea what the end outcome will actually be. A lawsuit is almost surely coming one way or another, but I doubt a boycott would move it along any further. It's extremist and no better than the fans who cause black oceans at concerts or send threatening letters to people who speak badly of their biases. There are better ways to get the desired results; more often than not actions like this just do more harm than good.

When I say T-ara isn't stable I mean that they don't have the same amenities that the girl groups you mentioned above have, with the exception of KARA, who doesn't come from the big 3. They don't have a major label backing them, they just now are about to get their very own fanclub, so there is no unity or stability amongst the fans right now, and furthermore, T-ara's fandom is in a state of absolute, utter chaos. Nobody agrees on anything, people are bailing out left and right due to the changes, pretty much all the momentum T-ara had gained over the past year has come to a screeching halt. Considering that many wagered that T-ara would probably be amongst the top 2 groups had they just been left alone and allowed to come back in the summer as planned, it's pretty disconcerting that other groups like f(x) (who have shown that they are a contender with "Electric Shock") or Miss A are waiting in the wings to swap out with someone who even makes one misstep. Even Sistar has shown themselves to be formidable with the release of "Alone." Add to that that groups like Dal Shabet, A Pink, and even Nine Muses are growing in popularity, and there really is no room for missteps right now. The only group I would truly consider "safe" at this point really is SNSD, and even they're reaching what I would consider the apex of their fame. Ultimately my point is that a group can fall into obscurity just as quickly as they can attain relevancy, and with T-ara's predicament being so complicated I wonder just how much they could survive before it was all too much. They've overcome a lot of obstacles but this is a huge mess that even groups like SNSD or 2NE1 would have a hard time with; with T-ara being relatively new to the big leagues and already having a past record for inconsistency I just don't know if they could handle member additions, a complete overhaul, and a poor-selling album. Stronger groups have disbanded over far, far less.

Anyways, it's pretty much a moot point at this time and junction; I see no reason for a boycott since I'm pretty sure T-ara's digital and physical sales are going to take a pretty good hit regardless of what the fans do. I don't see this selling as well as Black Eyes, Funky Town, or Breaking Heart; if anything they'll be lucky to break 25,000 and I don't see "Day By Day" outperforming "Lovey Dovey" or "Cry Cry" on the charts. It's not because I don't think the material isn't good; I'm very anxious to hear the finished results of "Day By Day" and am sure that their new mini will be fantastic, I just think that all of the ridiculous changes are going to take its toll on the group's newfound success. And that's how it should be...if the album isn't meeting the same levels of success that the group had during the Black Eyes/Funky Town eras, that's going to be enough of a wakeup call for KKS. And it's not going to sell as well, let's be honest here. They're already in a pretty bad situation; something like boycotting is simply pouring salt on the wound.

@FreakyFlyBri - Thanks for the info and your discussion. It was highly appreciated :)

Admittedly, my faith in the group had been terribly shaken off the cliff over time and moreso, I don't even consider myself a fan of T-ara anymore (that is until all hell breaks loose on CCM when that lawsuit occurs....whenever that will happen), plus can't help but be highly pessimistic of the issue here - up to the point I even thought the chances of a lawsuit occurring may diminish considering they likely don't even have the time to plan for one. Hell, I even rooted for other groups to beat T-ara in sales and awards (despite how meaningless some of those awards can actually be) at one point.

Needless to say, you're words have reassured me a lot - though I would disagree Miss A and f(x) are potentially likely to overthrow T-ara's spot indefinitely (compared to being T-ara as CCM's flagship, Miss A isn't exactly a top tier group even in JYP when compared with the WG whereas f(x) is arguably the most least popular group in SM and even with Electric Shock, it's still too early to really guess they'd go up to T-ara's popularity) but that's a wholly different topic so I wont' dwell further into it.

It seems like I've overestimated T-ara's staying power after all.

Come to think of it, I think this may be the very reason why KKS deliberately prevented an official fandom of occurring for so long until this summer - I don't know about the K-fans, but looking at how the fandom here is torn apart, that's just what KKS would want - to nullify whatever possible organized effort can be taken from the fans themselves. If T-ara had its own official fandom much earlier, chances are fans would have taken much more definite and organized action and provided a major headache towards KKS - obviously, he doesn't want that.

I don't know how many fans have lost their interest in T-ara but he clearly has an ulterior motive in having opening ceremony of T-ara's official fandom is this particular season.

Hopefully the group itself will take action sooner or later as you say. The longer they stay in that pathetic excuse of a company (which goes to say, the recent 5dolls scandal makes it look like the internal affairs in CCM is pretty nasty), the more things are just going to get harder.

I don't know why my words would reassure you...it's a shame that the girls are probably going to take a hit from all of this mess considering that they didn't even have any hand in perpetuating it in the first place. I don't want them to have to suffer because of somebody else's foolish choices. As far as hoping other groups beat T-ara for sales or awards, I know how hard they worked for everything they accomplished...I remember tearing up a little bit when they took that deep bow after their first win on Music Bank in over 2 years for "Lovey-Dovey" because I knew how much it meant to them. At that moment you could tell that, to them anyways, all of the blood, sweat and tears they had shed over the past six months had finally come to fruition for them. That's why I can't wish that they don't have success on them either...no matter how horrid the situation is right now, I know that to some extent they are still doing what they love, and that sense of accomplishment probably makes it all worthwhile for them. Knowing that your fans love you and are rooting for you is sometimes a huge motivator to get things done, regardless of whether it's just swallowing a horrible, jagged little pill or deciding that enough is enough and getting out of a bad situation.

Shut up and wait girl...

Make sure you're good enough to join...

Stop making silly requests..

It's bad enough that people are against about you joining t-ara...

Now people will be more mad at you if you're joining t-ara without enough training...

My best advice is keep low profile right now, practice hard and concentrate...when the time comes, you will be on the stage with the rest...