Diadem Forums

[12.06.22] T-ara's ninth member Dani, "I want to join T-ara on stage before December!"

nathaniel

I don't know why my words would reassure you...it's a shame that the girls are probably going to take a hit from all of this mess considering that they didn't even have any hand in perpetuating it in the first place. I don't want them to have to suffer because of somebody else's foolish choices. As far as hoping other groups beat T-ara for sales or awards, I know how hard they worked for everything they accomplished...I remember tearing up a little bit when they took that deep bow after their first win on Music Bank in over 2 years for "Lovey-Dovey" because I knew how much it meant to them. At that moment you could tell that, to them anyways, all of the blood, sweat and tears they had shed over the past six months had finally come to fruition for them. That's why I can't wish that they don't have success on them either...no matter how horrid the situation is right now, I know that to some extent they are still doing what they love, and that sense of accomplishment probably makes it all worthwhile for them. Knowing that your fans love you and are rooting for you is sometimes a huge motivator to get things done, regardless of whether it's just swallowing a horrible, jagged little pill or deciding that enough is enough and getting out of a bad situation.

When I meant reassured, I was specifically referring to the idea of a boycott there since you gave out a solid argument on why it would be counterproductive, among others but I won't dwell too much further into it.

Considering that the K-fans also don't seem to be doing much (at least to my knowledge), we also can't discount the possibility that the girls themselves even question the loyalty of their fans in regards to the incompetence of CCM and it's not like they have free time to surf the web to be fully aware themselves. Diadems itself is a small fandom alone and it's not like the T-ara members are fluent in English. Regardless of how much they want to pursue their careers, there's a clear limit on how much punishment a human body can tolerate (and in Boram's case, it looks like it's dangerously close than the others).

Hell, I'd even say they lost more than gained in the long run than other popular female idol groups out there (GG, 2NE1, Kara, WG) in terms of health and stability - while these groups themselves are also overworked themselves, never did I recall any of them having a bigger rate of trips to the hospital due to being overworked more than T-ara.

Frankly, I'd even rather see them disband or split up than have to work under such conditions any longer.

Ultimately, I believe that the fans should be more concerned for the health, wellbeing etc. of T-ara (as well as the members' opinions themselves - honest ones at that) rather than soaring popularity as the latter is a highly double-bladed issue in their case - the unfortunate thing is (at least in my opinion), it seems to be the other way around with many.

When I meant reassured, I was specifically referring to the idea of a boycott there since you gave out a solid argument on why it would be counterproductive, among others but I won't dwell too much further into it.

Considering that the K-fans also don't seem to be doing much (at least to my knowledge), we also can't discount the possibility that the girls themselves even question the loyalty of their fans in regards to the incompetence of CCM and it's not like they have free time to surf the web to be fully aware themselves. Diadems itself is a small fandom alone and it's not like the T-ara members are fluent in English. Regardless of how much they want to pursue their careers, there's a clear limit on how much punishment a human body can tolerate (and in Boram's case, it looks like it's dangerously close than the others).

Hell, I'd even say they lost more than gained in the long run than other popular female idol groups out there (GG, 2NE1, Kara, WG) in terms of health and stability - while these groups themselves are also overworked themselves, never did I recall any of them having a bigger rate of trips to the hospital due to being overworked more than T-ara.

Frankly, I'd even rather see them disband or split up than have to work under such conditions any longer.

Ultimately, I believe that the fans should be more concerned for the health, wellbeing etc. of T-ara (as well as the members' opinions themselves - honest ones at that) rather than soaring popularity as the latter is a highly double-bladed issue in their case - the unfortunate thing is (at least in my opinion), it seems to be the other way around with many.

Ohhhh, gotcha. Haha sorry, I was a bit confused with your choice of wording.

I agree that their health and well-being should definitely come first, and if they were to disband because they wanted to then I would support them one-hundred percent. But I'm also trying to take into account the fact that it's just not that simple; if it were it would have happened by now. I'm just at the point where I feel it's dangerous to assume anything except that the girls need a vacation and a new CEO or label. This whole situation is just too complicated to be making assumptions on anything though; it's quite easy to say that the girls' physical well-being comes before their hopes and dreams, but it's a completely different thing when you're told you may have to choose between one or the other, and most people aren't going to choose what you might consider to be the obvious answer because, quite frankly, there isn't one in the case, because it's a hard decision to make...they have to choose what's more important to them: a normal, healthy life at the expense of having to give up everything they worked so hard to achieve along with the possibility that they will probably never be able to work in that industry again, or continuing to weather a storm that they hope they can one day rise above.

The only thing I'm sure of at this point is that the seven girls who I've grown to love will always have my support, no matter what they do. I will buy Day By Day, just as I have bought all of their albums up to this point. I will pray that they achieve the best possible outcome in this whole situation and that, at the end of the day, they are able to find happiness in whatever it is that they decide to do. But that's all I'm sure of, and for the time being that's how I'm going to approach this whole situation, because ultimately nobody will truly know anything concrete until this story reaches it conclusion, and let's face it, it's far from over with.

She's such a troublesome... Giving her opportunity to join T-ara is good enough yet she wants to debut as soon as possible?! Oh come on.. You gotta learn how to walk before you learn how to run! Just practice more and have a good basic first!

Seriously.. Even I'm a Queen, I don't even think that adding Hwayoung made a better change for T-ara.. (Just saying what's in my opinion, No bashing please!)

Idk how do they feel by adding 2 new members.. It means they r goin' to divide their income into 9

*Sigh* Dani, you're not helping us here. Some people are trying to do their best to accept you, but these kind of statement doesn't help at all.

I'll try to take her side again. MAYBE .... she was too excited by the MV shooting and working with senior members so she thought that she could join T-ara if she work harder. (like I said... trying to look at the best positive way possible)

CCM is doing a great job getting anti-fans (from Dani, 5 dolls, Gang Kidz news). They should just learn to stay quiet and just promote songs and concerts, that's all they need to do.

how about, no....

I don't think things will work out well if she's allowed to debut too soon. As far as my very limited understanding of the Korean Music Industry goes, it really takes time to raise an idol.. let alone one who is about to be injected into one of the already established and more popular labels around.

Lol. I already don't like this new girl.....she sounds kinda..needy? Like how long has she been training for? what makes she think that she can just hop onto the stage and join the already established T-ara members?

If memory serves right, barely six months or so, maybe slightly more.

The only idol I can think of that went through such a short time period of training is SNSD's Sunny, who also had just six months but then again, her uncle is Lee Soo Man himself - and she was already a high school senior at the time of the group's debut plus it seemed like she already knew how to sing before her training years since she's one of the above-average members in vocals (though definitely not up to Tae Yeon or Jessica's level).

Sunny was a trainee at another company for 5 years prior to becoming a trainee at SM Entertainment. Someone at SM (not her uncle) convinced her to audition for her uncle's company where she then got accepted and trained for 9 months to ultimately debut in SNSD (I'm sure her uncle being the CEO helped though, lol).

Sunny was a trainee at another company for 5 years prior to becoming a trainee at SM Entertainment. Someone at SM (not her uncle) convinced her to audition for her uncle's company where she then got accepted and trained for 9 months to ultimately debut in SNSD (I'm sure her uncle being the CEO helped though, lol).

Ah thanks for the correction :)

My memory on SNSD's pre-debut info sure is a lot rustier than imagined, being a former Soshi fan and all haha.

Though I'm assuming the one who convinced her to audition at SM probably was someone her uncle knew fairly well lol.

I just think that all of you need to just support Dani for once. If she wants to join the group earlier than expected, let her do it. Dani really needs love from all of you

Good luck trying to explain that to a lot of the people here, since there's more than just her 'enthusiasm' (whether if it's from her own words or just a poorly-thought publicity stunt remains to be seen) that has peeved off the fandom here overall.

Imagine if say, SM decided to add new members into SNSD or YG doing it to Big Bang. The response from fans would be no different - only that the scale of it would be over double the amount.

Guys, calm down. What's with all this unnecessary hate towards Dani?

Her age shouldn't be a problem. Same for being casted on the street. She isn't only idol who casted on the street or debuted @ this age.

I can list many talented idols who casted while walking on the street. These are some really stupid excuses.

Currently she's working really hard to be a good addition to t-ara, learning all choreos of the group. She didn't forced anybody for joining to t-ara, right? Ceo wanted and she accepted. I also would do same thing. :D She may be really excited to be a part of the group so what's wrong with wanting to debut as soon as possible? Of course ccm won't accep it if she isn't ready yet.

Of course t-ara worked hard to be 'current t-ara' but @ same time they all got their moneys and enjoyed from their popularity. Now, it's time for Dani and Areum to work hard to be good additions to t-ara.

Can't you guys be a bit mature and just wait for their debut to judge or hate on them?

For those of you who have an issue with some of us voicing our opinions regarding the additions (especially if they aren't in favor of them), we have a right to voice them just as you have a right to voice your opinion. When we invest our time, money, and feelings into a group, we should not be told how we should feel or react to a situation when changes are being made that we may not agree with. It's rude and immature to tell others how you feel they should react based on how you feel, whether you agree with their reasoning or not. How would you feel if we did the same to you and told you how we think you have stupid reasons for your views which are just as opinion-based as ours? It wouldn't be our place to say that, just how it isn't yours just because we have opposing views. Besides the obvious reasons such as her age and the fact that most people are against these additions, the root cause of these ill feelings towards Dani specifically are these articles that have been coming out. People are forming their opinions of her based on what information is being released to the media and unfortunately, they have not painted her in the most positive light. At this time, this is all we have to go by until we actually can actually see what kind of contribution she'll be making to the group. And even then, if she continues to rub people the wrong way such as she is doing now, it's not going to be enough for some people as it takes more than just talent to be likable as a person. As much as I oppose these additions, I started to accept them a bit more as time went by. But when these articles started coming out, it dredged up the same ill feelings that I had when the announcement of their addition first came out, if not a bit more due hearing things such as Dani not having any interest in being a singer although she is being added to a popular group as well as hypocritical statements regarding when she wants to officially debut. Although I'm not crazy about Areum's addition either, not having to hear about her all the time prevents me from forming opinions about her until I actually see what she has to offer first, which was handled very well on her end as she'll be judged on her talent first and not on a bunch of useless articles that only make her addition even harder to accept.

Sorry for the double post. I know it's wrong but I wanted to address my previous post and this post separately. I won't do it again and I'll edit my other post to include this one if requested by anyone who helps to run this forum.

Ah thanks for the correction :)

My memory on SNSD's pre-debut info sure is a lot rustier than imagined, being a former Soshi fan and all haha.

Though I'm assuming the one who convinced her to audition at SM probably was someone her uncle knew fairly well lol.

Good luck trying to explain that to a lot of the people here, since there's more than just her 'enthusiasm' (whether if it's from her own words or just a poorly-thought publicity stunt remains to be seen) that has peeved off the fandom here overall.

Imagine if say, SM decided to add new members into SNSD or YG doing it to Big Bang. The response from fans would be no different - only that the scale of it would be over double the amount.

Her uncle being the CEO definitely helped, I can promise you that. I too wouldn't be surprised if her uncle had that person specifically seek her out to get her to auditon and ultimately join the company and not do it directly himself to avoid getting his hands completely dirty (there would have been a bigger uproar had he reached out to her hisself). Whenever someone is a friend or relative to someone in the business, or if they sleep with them or give them a good amount of money under the table, they are a shoe in. I've seen enough of that first hand and while it's shady, that's how they tend to operate sometimes.

I definitely agree with you that this sort of reaction would have occured in any of the other popular groups under these circumstances. If SM ever did this to SNSD at this point in the game, I truly believe that blood would have been shed and that SM's headquarters would have been bombed, lol. The reaction of T-ara's fans to this change would pale in comparison. Same goes for Big Bang. There would really be a big bang at YG if they said and did half the things that KKS is doing.

@PrincessT-ara

Couldn't agree more with what you said there, definitely. Generally, I don't have a problem if one gets in because of a friend or relative in the business or if they 'pay' their way through - so long as they're humble enough and can prove their skills. I've seen too many people like that at school and work as well but they weren't that bad to hang around with (most of them anyway).

Though the sleeping thing is something I completely despise (up to the point I even see it as hardly any different to prostitution) and the showbiz is definitely not the only industry that has that. Sometimes I even question if any of the T-ara members had gone through the process as well, especially since the amount of promotions given individually is terribly one-sided.

"@Guys, calm down. What's with all this unnecessary hate towards Dani?

Her age shouldn't be a problem. Same for being casted on the street. She isn't only idol who casted on the street or debuted @ this age.

I can list many talented idols who casted while walking on the street. These are some really stupid excuses."

It's not just her age that's the problem. It's what she said to the press (though whether if it's actually her words or a publicity stunt remains unknown) that is particularly pissing off a lot of people. However, undergoing T-ara's schedule at such a young age is also a huge concern - do please note that T-ara's schedule is notoriously among, if not, THE most intense of all major Kpop groups out there - the fact that even the older members are having it hard themselves is enough to point out Dani wouldn't hold it out too well herself. Not to mention her training length hasn't even passed a year.

Many other idols go through years of training before debut to hone their skills - and even then, they still lack at many or some fields in the entertainment industry. So Yeon and Hyomin can testify to that just fine since they too were trainees for some years under SM and JYP, respectively.

By the way, street-casting in Korea is now a thing of the past. While there are talented idols who were street-casted, there are also hundreds, if not thousands more who were also street-casted but eventually became nobodies in the showbiz, many not even getting to debut. Do also note that being street-casted also increases the chance of being tricked by fraud companies - something the Korean police noticed over the years and began putting more attention to it.

I'm not sure if people are making a fuss of the number 9 or the fact that T-ara is already good with the number 7. They have enough members to still perform if and when a member or two are absent. Each one of their own unique vocals; each have their weakness and their own strengths. Together, their strengths cover each other's weaknesses, imo.

And I'm curious to what you understand about her wanting to debut faster. Because of fame and glory? because of money? If those are the reasons, then it's better if she doesn't enter this industry. She'll be ripped apart faster than a wet paper. If it's for experience, she'll have plenty of those once she debuts, in December as she said a few weeks ago.

I totally agree with you over the fact that they don't really need new members because they're already perfect as 7. But since this wasn't their decision why are we acting like we're mad at them? criticizing Dani or Areum or boycotting them won't change things. I was already more than happy with them as 6. Never got bothered by Hwayoung's addition and won't be bothered by these 2 now. why would I? If I won't like them then I just won't. It's not a tragedy.

And about the second point, I didn't really mean that. I'm talking about the adrenaline of being on stage, being part of a famous group, of something important. I'm not saying I completely agree with her or justify her. I just say I understand. I still believe it's too soon for her and that, unless she's a musical/dancing genius (and honestly i have no idea), she needs to wait at least until december.. that's all :)