Diadem Forums

[12.06.26] T-ara's Soyeon cast in KBS drama "Haeundae Lovers"

nathaniel

[12.06.26] T-ara's Soyeon cast in KBS drama "Haeundae Lovers"

989a8da720390c097a1bae59c98bd047.jpg

T-ara's leader Soyeon has been cast in the drama "Haeundae Lovers".

"Haeundae Lovers" begins airing on KBS after "Big" and is a romantic comedy that centers on prosecutor Lee Taesung (Kim Kangwoo) who chases after gangsters but ends up losing his memory. Soyeon will play the role of Lee Gwansun, a bright and bubbly character.

Soyeon previously showed off her acting skills in the musical "Our Youth Roly-Poly" and the SBS drama "Giant" but this will be her first time acting in a permanent recurring role.

Soyeon said, "Eunjung has been steadily acting since she was a child and Hyomin and Jiyeon who also acted before were eager to give me a lot of adivce. I'll work hard in my first drama role to make sure Eunjung, Hyomin, and Jiyeon aren't embarrassed by my acting skills."

KBS "Haeundae Lovers" features Kim Kangwoo, Jun Sukwon, Jo Yoojung and begins airing on August 13th after "Big" finishes.

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120626n08951

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

I really want this time her role is main. I want to see her acting skills, really. I'm looking forward to this a long time. I'm just scared she'll be tired of that and Tour,comeback... but I believe in her. She can do anything cause of talent. How matter what, I'll always support her. I'll pray for her everyday..

"Jesus..u know my sister Park soyeon.???i know her to,jesus.!!,u know her schedule.?i know to..she was come with her new drama in agust 13th..so,jesus..please,bless her with her activity now..give for her a health body,and making her always be strong in carrying out the activity of the solid shooting and strangling.!, give it to her anyway, endurance, good acting and a lot of fans.!! especially longevity, success and boyfriend.!, in jesus name..amien.!"

Soyeon unnie, fighting!!!

Guest rizzuu

DAEBAAKK ! at last she showed up her acting skill .. cant wait for the drama hahaha xDD i hope there is no kissing scene ..hahaha u.u

Anyone know when this will air? I don't follow K-dramas a lot.

I'm so excited! I havent seen Soyeon act before, but I hope she doesnt pull a Yuri (SNSD). Love Yuri, but girl . . . Ugh. Lol.

And what happened to no acting in 2012. Oh CCM/ KKS . . . I will forgive your trolling just this once.

*lowers pitchforks*

Yeah. I'll forgive his trolling about "T-ara members won't do acting this year" thing this time.

Finally !! Soyeon in dramas. Hope she get back in variety shows too.

I guess the acting agency did a good job. I hope they find something for Boram, Qri and Hwayoung to do too. :)

This is awesome! I'm glad to see Soyeon getting some more recognition that doesn't have to do with just being the main singer of the group. I didn't know she had been on another show before but hopefully she does a good job in this drama.

Just months ago, 'no acting in 2012' TROLOLOL

What a joke. 'No acting in 2012' apparently meant no acting in 2012 under CCM.

No wonder the girls got put into a separate acting agency. CCM simply doesn't want more blame casted towards it, especially with Ji Yeon having gone through the experience of promoting and acting simultaneously before.

But on August? I don't see that as a rather good timing for So Yeon considering they'd be busy promoting 'Day By Day' and have the solo concert to perform.

It'd be more suitable if the drama aired somewhere during September or so. I'm hoping that So Yeon benefits from the new laws being proposed in regards to actors and actresses though because filming for a drama has a huge toll on both the stars and staff (that is if the new laws come into effect soon enough).

I don't take this as exactly good news.

Wow, this is great news for her! I know she's been getting a lot of attention since "Cry Cry," so I'm glad to see her hard work is culminating by her finally getting a recurring drama role. For some reason I think she'll do very well, Soyeon usually doesn't mess around when it comes to her job lol. Still pretty upset that this is going to be (yet) one more thing for the girls to have to squeeze into their already too tightly packed schedule, but hopefully this is where Areum's supposedly completely amazing voice will come into play...if she's supposed to take some of the weight off of Soyeon like KKS claims, this means that Soyeon might be able to focus on her drama and won't necessarily have to be present at all of the group's performances like it seems she's had to be in the past. One reason that I think Soyeon never took an acting role earlier is because the group relies on her and her voice too much...that's why she's always present, or if she can't be present then things get cancelled (like when she contracted H1N1 and promotions for "Like The First Time" were completely cancelled). Anyways, if Areum and Soyeon share co-billing as the main vocalists, that means that if one of the girls has solo or separate activities to do that overlap with the group's schedule then the other one can pick up the slack. Sounds good to me anyways, lol :P Guess I'm just trying to see the positive here.

Aww, my bias is finally getting to star in a drama! I don't think she's the main lead, but I'm anticipating her acting.

I think I've only ever seen her act in the Bubi Bubi CF-drama that T-ara filmed, and honestly her part made me cry when she cried. And I watched it without subtitles... T_T

On the other hand, I do hope that she can handle her upcoming busy schedule. T-ara is about to re-start their hectic song promoting cycle for Day by Day, after all.

AHAHAHA. i know what are the real roles of areum and dani now.

to cover up for the member who are busying focusing on their acting careers.

once again, never trust what he(KKS) says, they are going to continue acting in 2012, maybe next year as well.

i'm just glad for soyeon and hyomin but please girls, once again DO TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH! :}

idol - actors are really difficult and tiring :<