Diadem Forums

[12.06.28] Video - Day by Day teaser

nathaniel

Wow...the teaser is just....WOW....Love every second of it.

They all look fabulous. Jiyeon is amazing...the way she smirks, the way she walks while holding the sword, and how expressive her eyes are.

I love how the trio JiJungMin all carry the samurai swords.

kya kya kya!! XD

This MV teaser is probably one of the best I've seen from CCM!

And Hwayoung rap was <3 I could totally tell it was her!~ :>

waaah... I really can't wait to watch the actual MV >_<

*repeats Hwayoung's rap* ^_^

Ok I take back what I said, I like badass Jiyeon here xD

But the amount of dani in that teaser ughhhh <_< <_< <_<

lol, i know how you feel there :x

I have been utterly blown away!!!

First of all, I love that the setting of the music vid has a dystopian feel to it...when I first heard that the video was going to have a futuristic setting and saw some of the teaser pics I automatically jumped to something like Britney Spears' "Toxic" video as a reference. And while I still see some of its influence here (the girls' hair and outfits primarily), this looks much very much like it was inspired by Mad Max, as was reported. I also see a lot of Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger here.

Secondly, while I'm still not thrilled about the additions, I can sort of see what KKS was saying when he called Dani an "unrefined jewel." Her pictures don't do her justice, she is a lovely young girl. It's going to take a lot more than a teaser to sell me on her inclusion, but so far, so good. I wish she didn't have so much screen time in the teaser either, but I can also see why they decided to feature her so prominently; it's their way of letting the fans know that she fits well into T-ara's overall aesthetic and not to worry, that they're not COMPLETELY inept. It seems to be working, too; I've noticed that a lot of people have rescinded their initial opinions of Dani based on this teaser alone.

Third, while I'm happy to see the EunHyoJi trifecta looking as good as ever, I would have loved to see Boram, Qri, Hwayoung, Soyeon, and Areum in this teaser as well...even if it's just bit roles, I think now more than ever CCM needs to be enforcing that T-ara is now a group of nine, and as such things are going to need to change to accomodate that. This is a really good time to be addressing issues such as screen time and line distribution, especially since it was such a huge problem when there were only seven of them...I can only imagine how it's going to be if things keep going the way they have with nine girls. Obviously there are girls that will receive more attention within the group, but that doesn't mean that Boram, Qri, and Hwayoung aren't any less deserving of some spotlight time as well. I'm not sure why Soyeon and Areum weren't featured...you'd think that with Soyeon gaining so much popularity over the past several months and Areum joining promotions before Dani that CCM would want to get them a little bit of screen time as well.

I know this sounds like a bit of a rant, but all in all, I was extremely impressed with this teaser. I wasn't sure what to think when I heard that "Day By Day" would be a sci-fi video since they can be notoriously hard to execute if there isn't proper budget and you don't know what the hell you're doing, but this looks amazing. The song itself sounds amazing too, and I love that T-ara has opted to go back to their Absolute First Album roots and give us a dark, sexy, sad song, since it's what they do best. Amazingly enough, it fits in well with the video, which I wasn't sure it would, but the video's harder edge and the song's sadness combine to give the whole package kind of a hopeless, melancholy feeling...and I think that's exactly what they were shooting for.

For all intents and purposes it looks like T-ara will survive the craziness that's been surrounding them, as it looks like, for the most part, anticipation for both this song and video are almost universal. Well done, T-ara. And KKS...if you know what's good for you, you'll stop messing with T-ara from here on out. You mIght have been able to pull this off once but don't go crazy adding and subtracting members in the future, or you really WILL ruin them as a group. Leave well enough alone, since we all know that T-ara's pretty much all CCM has at this point. Mess with them too much and you'll be SOL.

When they said futuristic, i was thinking about robots for some reason... like the cartoon "Meet the Jetsons" LOL or that one movie about the Robinson family.

True, the pictures didn't do Dani justice, especially that teaser photo with her and Hyomin holding those swords. That picture really made her seem 'unfit' to play a role in that MV. However, just because she looked like she could fit in with T-ara in that teaser doesn't really say much about her musical career. I can't really say much about the acting part since this is, after all, a teaser. But her smile at the end, was very pretty.

True, the pictures didn't do Dani justice, especially that teaser photo with her and Hyomin holding those swords. That picture really made her seem 'unfit' to play a role in that MV. However, just because she looked like she could fit in with T-ara in that teaser doesn't really say much about her musical career. I can't really say much about the acting part since this is, after all, a teaser. But her smile at the end, was very pretty.

Haha, that's why I made it clear in my post that it would take more than a teaser to sell me on her inclusion. ;)

WOW!!!! @_@ Awesome!!!

I really really anticapating this, uughhh cannot wait!!

The atmosphere of the teaser like Anime story and Final Fantasy Advent Children. The bike and the katana.

I feel like watching Blockbuster movie. It's like Kill Bill+Sucker Punch+Resident Evil Apocalypse. WOOOOWW. DAEBAK!!!

I want to say EPIC, but I still curious about the whole MV. And...don' forget about saw Joker in TDKR (Heath Leadger) feeling when I see Jiyeon. Well the Batman Movie really epic for me. Uughhhh she so bad ass sexy villain without mercy killer's glare. She transformed from cute and sexy in the same time boyish girl in Cry Cry MV into sexy warrior evil blonde princess with killer eyes and killer smile in this MV. From heroine role to villain role. Wooooww O_O. If I were Dani in that prison, I must be pinch Jiyeon cheek >.<

Well Jiyeon... you complete me *Joker Smile* :D

I'm sorry. I forget to write this at my posting before

I think this conversation before CCM making the concept.

KKS : OK. In the new concept to comeback I want futuristic SF MV with sexy and fierce heroine action!

Chan Seun Teak : WOW. futuristic?? How about Mad Max Movie?? The movie about post-apocalypse world in the future which match with

sad song Day by Day. Beside that, we don't need hard and expensive stuff like cyborg replica, android replica, laser gun,

and so on. We just need katana replica and cool modification motorcycle and dull costume because the world in disater.

KKS : WHATEVER! I just want cool epic scene which can get attention. And I want long MV with sad emotional plot so the

members can show their acting skill. T-Ara is acting-idol. I want netizen to admit that.

Cha Seun Teak : All right BOSS! I will make MV based retro futuristic Mad Max Movie. Hmmm I will make it like video game with FF VII

atmosphere. And because the MV is about girl warrior, super power girl or heroine, I will make the character like Kill Bill

and Sucker Punch.

LOL

Well this MV gonna be awesome. This is my opinion :

+ POINT :

1. Hyomin get main role as a Heroine. She looks hot and fierce with charismatic hero expression with red stunning hair. Well in Cry Cry MV Hyomin role just a thief in train who slapped with the wallet. Oohh poor Hyomin :unsure: . I really glad she take the main role this time :D.

2. Eunjung really really cool :wub: She looks blind, but fierce and tough really like charismatic warrior. I think Eunjung is Dani older. Ooohh her sympathic and pure expression melting me @_@

3. At least Dani is pretty like half Krystal half Suzy and can act. KKS has good eyes nuff said.

- Point :

Where the rest of the member? I really want to see Boram and Soyeon. Seriously, WHY the 20 min long MV cannot take the 9 members in the MV?? I really really hope can see Boram has role in whole MV :(

Last.. I really really impressed with Jiyeon character. OOOhhhh she so hot sexy villain. Her killer's eyes :blink: really really stabbing me *faint* @_@