Diadem Forums

[POLL] When have you become a fan of T-ara?

kenzo

139 members have voted

1. 1. When have you become a fan of T-ara?

• Since predebut
    • Since debut
    • After TTL
    • After Bo Peep Bo Peep
    • After I Go Crazy Because of You
    • After Yayaya
    • After Roly Poly
    • After Cry Cry
    • After Lovey Dovey

I became a fan during Soyeon's OMS days- At first I watched OMS only because of my obsession to Lee Hongki,

but then there is this pretty girl who is really funny, smart, sarcastic and very confident- Soyeon.. If I'm not mistaken they weren't promoting any song that time,

and I was involved since Roly Poly XD

I started to like them after I heard Cry Cry. The concept, song and of coz the storyline MV was nothing that I have seen before. Before that I did listen to Roly Poly but only casually. Since liking Cry Cry, I just go back and listen to all their earlier songs like I go crazy because of you, lies, ttl. Besides music, I started to watch drama Dream High 2 coz of Jiyeon XD.

I got into K-pop bcoz of SNSD in 2011. Then, cycled through many groups until land to T-ara, I just listen to music/watch PV on youtube. After that, dun go and cycle through many groups that much. :D

• 3 weeks later...

For me it was several sources. It started from the guys at Eat Your Kimchi when they were discussing about under rated Kpop songs (for the year 2012 i think) and the song was 'Sexy Love'. Man, that song got me interested. So i back tracked to see other songs. 'Lovey Dove' was good, but didn't like the zombie concept in the MV. And then when i listened to 'Roly Poly', it was like a slap to the face and a kick to the rear... I was totally hooked!! Since then i always listened to every hit T-ara had, loved ALL of them. But for sure 'Roly-Poly, 'TTL', 'TTL Listen 2' and 'Lovey Dovey'... And now "What Do I Do' joins the upper echelon :)

During the time i was also looking around for Kpop songs, I was concentrating on SNSD (probably because of 'Gee' :P ) so I was looking for the variety shows they were involved. At this point i noticed a scene involving Sunny and Hyomin (Subyung FTW!!!) It was soooo interesting that i looked it up and started to watch Invincible Youth season 1 and 2 (season 2 mainly was just for Hyomin cameo :wub: ) God, I can't forget her performance in IY, the one where she got me was when she had to do aegyo in front of the soldiers (episode 36) I think at that time I always thought of Hyomin whenever T-ara come out, to the point of obsession :wacko: But now I've cooled down a bit, but still my bias will always be Hyomin :wub:

Although recently I've been watching scenes involving Boram and I have to admit, she is getting my attention now :D Nowadays i tend to really support those that involved in IY. Top two groups I really look forward to is T-ara (always) and Secret (Sun Hwa's whining always gets me :wub: )

• 1 month later...

I started to know T-ara in June 2011 through the music video ''I go crazy because of you''. Since then I follow them but there have been always other groups I liked too. At a certain time I realized that I listened no other music than T-ara. On the 5th July 2012 noted in my diary: T-ara hat allmählich den Rang meiner Lieblingsgruppe (T-ara gradually has the rank of my favorite group). So it was decided I finally had a real favorite Group.

Dream High 1 was really my to introduction kpop, EunJung and T-ara, I am a Kdrama addict but not so much into the music, but in DH1 I really liked EJ's cover of Navi's song and her plagiarized version of Dreaming, I looked her up on the web, watched WGM, while waiting for WGM updates, I searched for variety shows that have T-ara in it like Heroes, IY etc. Now I'm not just an EJ fan but other members too.

• 4 weeks later...

I know tara while watching god of study. But not really into tara haha cause jiyeon is the one that I always care. So that I only knew jiyeon and tara during that time. I dont even knew other tara members name

Haha..than later I start to liking tara as a group after watching them at music bank performing roly poly! So yeah roly poly make me love more about tara.. my ultimate bias is jiyeon second eunjung and third boram!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whoa~ I'm really surprised at how few are in the Bo Peep category with me.

I liked TTL, and then--and I can't believe I'm saying it--I absolutely hated Lies. I think back then I was basically a grumpy fan of boy groups..._D_ What a tragedy. With Bo Peep Bo Peep...I tried to say "how annoying, it's those penguin dance girls again"...but it only lasted 2 or 3 music shows before I was completely charmed. They were just too cute to deny any more! I've been a fan ever since, and I always defend them fiercely, lol.

For the record, I really like Lies now too!

Guest alee

I've seen BPBP before but I didn't become instantly. It was Roly Poly that got me hooked and made me become a hardcore Queen's and Jingchins.

Jiyeon really stood out in the MV for me. Idk why maybe it's because she was chewing a gum like a boss? She's just so cool and pretty. Every member's pretty but Jiyeon really caught my attention. I've seen all of Jiyeon's dramas and movies. She's just an inspiration for me. <3

After DYKM... not because of the song but it was the time I started searching about them. I knew their songs like BPBP, Roly Poly, DBD, Cry Cry, Lovey Dovey, Sexy Love before (wow I'm surprised that I actually knew a lot of their songs) but didn't bother to research.

What triggered my research mode was their Weekly Idol show where they did random dance LOL. They danced to Lovey Dovey, Roly Poly, IGCBOY, Lies, Like the first time, BPBP in their casual outfits... I thought "Wow, seriously they got many cool songs like this?". That's why I don't really have one special favorite song, I love them all.

Then I started digging into their past first (didn't bother watching their new MVs - DYKM and Number 9 LOL) and then faced the rumours about their scandal and was confuseds a bit. I didn't give up and kept researching and here I am, swearing from my heart that they definitely deserve more and more love.

To be honest,I was a fan after DYKM...but then I've heard of T-ARA when I was 11.

It was at my house.My 24-year old sister was one KPOP addict.She couldn't share that love to my family since...it would be awkward.She decided to share it to me.She played various songs like Run Devil Run,I Don't Care and etc.But what caught my attention was T-ARA's Bo Peep.Back then,I was skeptical of KPOP.She began dancing to it and I said,

"Unnie...what are you doing?"

"I'm dancing to T-ARA's Bo Peep."

"Bo Peep?Isn't that a nursery rhyme?" I asked her.

She just shrugged it off and continued doing what she likes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next song I heard was Lovey Dovey.At first,I thought it was annoying...but then it turned out nice...and fun to dance.I liked the music but I was still skeptical of T-ARA.4 years later,my classmates would dance to KPOP songs.What caught my attention was Sexy Love and Roly Poly.My best friend then taught me how to dance both songs.And I was having fun learning a new dance routine.That time,I began to ponder about T-ARA and decided to search about the group.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was 15,I listened to their other songs like DBD,TTL,DYKM,Lies,I Go Crazy Because of You...and a lot more (sorry...too many to mention XD).I then practiced Lovey Dovey,Sexy Love and Roly Poly with my best friend.And during vacation,I became a member of Diadem and learned the dance routine of Cry Cry by myself...for two months.

Ever since that day,I began to love T-ARA..HAHAHA~ :lol: :lol: :lol: (that's it XD)

• 10 months later...