Diadem Forums

[12.07.08] T-ara's leader Soyeon says “I'm not worried about the new members~”

nathaniel

[12.07.08] T-ARA's leader Soyeon says “I'm not worried about the new members~”

5f20bab130613d1b11a6bb561b94e3fc.jpg

After releasing their newest "Day by Day" T-ARA is stirring up another fever and gaining fans of all ages. Not only are they receiving lots of interest and love from people for their music, but also for their artistic talents and fashion. After coming back from their Japanese promotion, they have been busy preparing for schedules and concerts. Despite this, they have taken some of their time for an interview with bntNews.

The leader who showed strong leadership by taking care of her members' stage/photo concepts even though she was busy with her own preparations, ‘Soyeon’: the interview with her was straightforward like her personality.

The set was filled with loud music, and cheerfully humming to that music was Soyeon. Since when did she want to be a singer? “I wanted to be a singer since I was 5 years old. My dream grew while watching Sunbae Namjung Park and Sunbae Sookyung Ang. The 5 year old me even begged and cried to my mom that I needed to see Sunbae Namjung Park, so she took me to a live cafe where Namjung Park sang. My memories of that moment are still vivid.”

After dreaming of becoming a singer, what is her goal after receiving much love as one? She determinedly responded, “Just like Sunbae Junghwa Um, I want to be a well rounded entertainer who shines brightly on stage and on TV.”

“The new members' adaptability? Don't worry about it~”

Lately, the internet had been filled with the news about the recruit of T-ARA's newest members. How does she feel about meeting the new members? “They're very beautiful younger sisters. Eigth member ‘Ahreum’ is a 'practiceholic' who practices a lot, so I don't worry about her stage performance. 14-year old maknae ‘Dani’ is a cute little sister who is 12 years younger than me. Actually, I am sorry and feel bad for her. At her age, I am sure Dani wants to perform to fresh and lively music; but because she came in the middle of T-ARA's activities, she has to adjust to T-ARA's concepts and color. That is why I am sorry. I will treat her well.”

“Will 14-year old Dani be able to adjust well with her older sisters?“ is one of the many questions netizens are asking about the new member's adaptability. “At first, we were worried too. We have such a huge age gap. And more than anything, we should be able to get to know each other through living together (dorm-life); but don't live with each other anymore. That is why we worried they might feel shy and uncomfortable around us. But because our members have positive and easy-going personalities, we will be able to get along well. I don't worry about it anymore,” she happily expressed about meeting the new maknaes.

The charismatic leader with a warm heart is “very smart~”

At a “You're very leader-like” article about her, she modestly replied, “No, I'm not” with a smile. At the set, whoever sees her will say she's a leader. Aren't T-ARA able to maintain their positive images and receive lots of love from people because she, who holds both leadership and ability to progress, stands at the center of T-ARA?

“Before I became a leader, it was definitely due to the members' efforts. Instead of on the group as a whole, the focus was on each member individually. We thought of our opinions and our futures. But as I became a leader, my consideration and affection for the group grew. My responsibilities increased and I took care of my members more. I think this was a good opportunity for me to grow more.”

5bbd69b9c11892aee3e03791dd3152ce.jpg

“The love we received from the fans, we should return the love as well~”

T-ARA is known for their special attachment to their fans. The group that also personally requested their agency for free concert tickets for their fanclub members is also T-ARA. “Since I was also someone else's fan, I understand our fans' feelings really well. That is why I feel an attachment towards them. I even scold our fans. If our pure-hearted young fans start to go astray in their actions and behavior, I call them out immediately. I get really upset when I see our fans changing. I understand that they are at that age when they are filled with curiosities, but I scold them with the hope that there won't be any adverse effects wherever our fans are. Since I reach out to them with a sincere heart, our fans receive my scoldings with sincerity as well.”

T-ARA is receiving a lot of attention for their recently released Japanese album ‘Jewelry Box.’ Their album took the #2 spot on the Oricon Chart the day Jewelry Box was released, and is still receiving a lot of attention today. Also, on June 3rd, T-ARA held a concert in Thailand and the 7,800 seat tickets were all sold out, dubbing them the new ‘Hallyu-idol’ with a busier schedule than ever before (in T-ARA history). They are receiving much love and strength from international fans as well. As she maintains the Hallyu Wave, she speaks about the ‘Hally-idol’ nickname.

“Honestly, we only got to where we are right now and are receiving this much love because of the path that our sunbaes have paved before us. We also received help and support from a lot of people. Every time I see the people who cherish us I feel thankful as well as apologetic. We should be able to show a better us to them, but we weren't able to because of the hectic schedules and time. We will work harder!”

T-ARA is busy both domestically and internationally. We look forward to the increasing love T-ARA will receive as they spread their wings over this vast world.

Source: http://bntnews.hanky...4&mode=sub_view

Translated by: x은영이 @ Diadem

Well, of course she had to say as if it doesn't affect her negatively. Idols, particularly female idols, in Kpop are expected to be happy little angels by the media and the public as well as the fans themselves. They do anything slightly that's 'off the radar' then they get hounded mercilessly by netizens.

After all, KKS did say that if any of the current members opposed the member addition themselves, they'd be kicked out. This hardly comes as a surprise. There is a reason why she and Eunjung (or was it Hyomin?) played it off cool when asked at the airport prior to the trip to europe.

This comes off as a no surprise to me.

"f our pure-hearted young fans start to go astray in their actions and behavior, I call them out immediately. I get really upset when I see our fans changing. I understand that they are at that age when they are filled with curiosities, but I scold them with the hope that there won't be any adverse effects wherever our fans are. Since I reach out to them with a sincere heart, our fans receive my scoldings with sincerity as well.”

I bet some people are thinking "Scold me too Soyeon!!" LOL

anyway, I wonder if they're going to change leaders again... I sort of hope not, but at the same time I want to see the other member's leadership abilities. also want to know if they'll go back to living in a dorm.. but they'll be busy with their future individual activities that it probably won't matter much if they are in a dorm or not xD

Well, of course she had to say as if it doesn't affect her negatively. Idols, particularly female idols, in Kpop are expected to be happy little angels by the media and the public as well as the fans themselves. They do anything slightly that's 'off the radar' then they get hounded mercilessly by netizens.

After all, KKS did say that if any of the current members opposed the member addition themselves, they'd be kicked out. This hardly comes as a surprise. There is a reason why she and Eunjung (or was it Hyomin?) played it off cool when asked at the airport prior to the trip to europe.

This comes off as a no surprise to me.

:o He said that? XD I mean I'd expect something like that to come from KKS anyway

Oh heyyy look at that. Soyeon is receiving the new members in a nice, friendly manner, not to mention protective [oh who can imagine from what]. Something perhaps some T-ara fans should look into... Yeah yeah Jiyeon lost her maknae position, so what.

they're not living in the dorm together?!!! has KKS become soooooooooooo CHEAP??!!

BABY DINO!!<33

You do know that it costs less to house nine people in one home/apartment/condo than having multiple, even two places with 4-5 members each? But that's not being cheap, that's to make day-day living easier. Have you ever been in a house with so many people? It becomes a bit of a frenzy.

:o He said that? XD I mean I'd expect something like that to come from KKS anyway

Yea, he said it to the press some time before the photoshoot to Europe took place. In short, anyone under him that rebels gets blacklisted like JYJ got from SM (and it still continues to this day).

Wow. Thanks for this! Such a heartfelt interview. I am glad that Soyeon is such a sensible lady. Leading T-ara is probably tougher than ever now, with individual members having a career of their own and the addition of 2 very very young members as well.

Soyeon fighting!

I sincerely hope by 'individual member having a career of their own' also includes Boram and Qri as well since they hadn't been promoted for God knows how long.

They aren't dorming together anymore? That's sad... Then it would be even harder to bond, especially for Areum and Dani. I hope they get to live together again...

I don't mind Soyeon unnie scolding me, I think it'll be pretty cool. :) Soyeon's a really great leader!

Huh....being scolded is never a great thing. I could probably compare Soyeon with SNSD's Jessica when it comes down to scolding. Both give off the cold vibe that tells me 'Yup, don't want to cross her even one bit. Gotta be extra careful'. Considering how overworked idols are, I don't think ANY average Joe would want to get on their bad side even one bit.

12 years younger than Soyeon. 14 years younger than Boram & Qri. I think T-ara officially has the biggest age gap between the oldest and the youngest member.

Urgh. But seriously 1999?! Next year we'll start having idols born in 2000. -_-

They aren't dorming together anymore? That's sad... Then it would be even harder to bond, especially for Areum and Dani. I hope they get to live together again...

I don't mind Soyeon unnie scolding me, I think it'll be pretty cool. :) Soyeon's a really great leader!

Yeah I think dorming would have helped out a lot. It's how After School got closer to their new members.

It just shows she cares, T-ara cares about us even more than their health so yep hear that? i know there has been some disturbance amongst the fandom at this current moment, so we should just all get along, and remember We are all supporting the same group of girls :). SoYeon daebak!

Areum so far proved she is a good singer. I think she fits in with T-ara very well. Dani also looked good in the Day by Day MV. Hopefully she will prove to be talented as well. At first I was surprised at the member changes seeing as how good T-ara was, but I've grown to love Areum and Dani. T-ara FIGHTING!