Diadem Forums

[12.07.08] T-ara's leader Soyeon says “I'm not worried about the new members~”

nathaniel

KKS can say he can throw a member out of the group if he wants. i mean im not totally sure how their contracts with CCM are handled but there could be a clause where KKS can terminate it...

however with that said would he really want to? any member of t-ara if they were (heaven forbid) removed from the group could easily pursue a career with another label or even in another field. everyone of them is an actress, so if they chose to not sing or a label didnt sign them it wouldnt be the end of the world for them or their fans.

I must say that Soyeon has a pretty good personality and she is absolutely a great leader too. And as for the two new members, of course I will show a whole lotta support for them. I know that Areum and Dani are pretty great additions to the group and I also know that everyone is giving Dani a lot of flak. So I hope that everyone can just give Dani a chance and when she officially joins the group, I am so sure that everybody will love Dani no matter what

So sad that T-ara doesn't dorm together anymore. I know 9 people in a house is kinda hectic, but if you're all sisters/group members, then I think it would be fun. Dorming would help them get closer, but too bad they're living separately. That's why they tweet each other saying they miss each other because they don't live together anymore, how sad :(

I do just wonder if it's what she really wants to say about the new members, or if she really doesn't like it. Then again even if she doesn't want Areum and Dani joining, she couldn't say that, so I don't think it'd matter.

Theoratically, dorming would bring them closer but do also note that the members also need to spend time with their families as well.

Coming from a Korean who's lived away from his mother and brothers for 2 years+ and only visiting them in the winter holidays AND having dormed at a Korean high school as well, nine people is more than hectic. There was a total of roughly 30 guys dorming at the said school, myself included, divided into six rooms with four guys per room. All the rooms almost quickly became a terrible pigsty no matter how many times we cleaned them up and it was just as bad with the girls' room, if not worse. If four people in a dorm are capable of pulling something like that off, I don't even want to imagine how much worse it can get with double the number.

T-ara themselves also have little time for R&R (rest and refit) thanks to CCM being a bunch of slave owners so even if they do manage to spend what little spare time they have together in the dorms, who's going to clean up the mess left in the house when they're away? They can't rely on their parents to do it all the time and CCM is probably too cheap to hire a couple of cleaners or simply can't be bothered getting a big enough dorm to house them all in (though as said above, chances of it becoming a massive pigsty need to be considered, furthered with the problem that they won't have much energy to do much house chores for the most part either).

KKS can say he can throw a member out of the group if he wants. i mean im not totally sure how their contracts with CCM are handled but there could be a clause where KKS can terminate it...

however with that said would he really want to? any member of t-ara if they were (heaven forbid) removed from the group could easily pursue a career with another label or even in another field. everyone of them is an actress, so if they chose to not sing or a label didnt sign them it wouldnt be the end of the world for them or their fans.

From what I heard, it's likely some of the members' contracts are going to end later next year or after, that is if they signed the contract some years before debuting (which by default, includes their trainee years too) and that CCM's contracts can range anywhere between 4-7 years. If this is indeed the case, then there's a chance that the original six members' contracts are close to expiring as well as increasing the likelihood of transforming T-ara overall to a concept similar to After School.

I wouldn't think they have anything else longer than that since SM had its 13yr contracts sliced down to 7 indefinitely by the government a while back and anything above that number is likely to attract suspicious eyebrows.

Though considering how terribly overworked they are, it is very likely that the contract can be terminated by KKS himself any time he wishes if they cross him even one bit. The same can be said possibly applied to Co-Ed School to some degree, considering that members Kangho and Soomi were forced out over ludricous reasons (and in general, contracts themselves are quite unfair and are comparable to volunteering to becoming a slave).

The bigger concern I'd have is that even if the members do move labels once their contract expires, he would potentially blacklist them as much as he can to prevent them from ever mentioning how much they were slave-driven (like what SM's doing to JYJ, pathetically). He obviously had no problem threatening to kick them out, as you said and definitely was vocal about insisting KARA should be blacklisted permanently from the showbizz simply for filing a lawsuit against their agency.

I don't really care with I am going to get ban I mean seriously it's hard to accept that t-ara with two new members!and somemore 1 with 14 years of gap...seriously what are the company doing....hmmm I prefer the old T-ara with only 7 and hwayoung and jiyeon the maknae!woo go soyeon!good leader daebak!fighting T-ara!

Technically speaking, the 'old' T-ara is generally a reference to 6-ara, the time before Hwayoung joined the group.

Soyeon seems to be quite a reasonable person, so everything she says must be truth.

The matter about the new maknaes, I totally agree. People (or maybe just the press who's popping the issue) are too worried about them and their young age. I mean, they know what they're doing and they had an acceptable definition what T-ara is and what it's up to when they audition!

Soyeon fits great as a leader... don't be so humble, Soyeon-unnie ;p

Soyeon seems to be quite a reasonable person, so everything she says must be truth.

The matter about the new maknaes, I totally agree. People (or maybe just the press who's popping the issue) are too worried about them and their young age. I mean, they know what they're doing and they had an acceptable definition what T-ara is and what it's up to when they audition!

Soyeon fits great as a leader... don't be so humble, Soyeon-unnie ;p

When it comes to idols, the majority of words they say to the press can never be trusted wholly and even in documentaries, they definitely don't say everything in detail (look at SM's 'I Am' being a close example of this).

Soyeon would have HAD to say that otherwise she would have faced the very likelihood of getting booted from T-ara indefinitely - which goes to say, KKS himself threatened to kick any of them out if they ever opposed the new member addition in any way imaginable.

To put it simply, Soyeon had a gun pointed at her head when she said that. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

'm sorry but why oh why do the people who edit T-ara music videos have to cut to a new scene every one second, I understand going with the beat of the song by IGCBOY was crazy and Day by Day dance version is insane and should have a caution sign for epeleptics whats with the flashing white light! reminds me of old pokemon episodes that were banned for giving kids seizures! D:

surely they know no one can sit and watch that without feeling uncomfortable!

When it comes to idols, the majority of words they say to the press can never be trusted wholly and even in documentaries, they definitely don't say everything in detail (look at SM's 'I Am' being a close example of this).

Soyeon would have HAD to say that otherwise she would have faced the very likelihood of getting booted from T-ara indefinitely - which goes to say, KKS himself threatened to kick any of them out if they ever opposed the new member addition in any way imaginable.

To put it simply, Soyeon had a gun pointed at her head when she said that. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Even if Soyeon was forced to say this, there's still a chance that she was being sincere about it.

Really weird for an idol group not to live together but it saves cost for the boss anyway. Isn't Dani a little too young? Imo that is. I do hope they change leaders regularly to give each member a chance to display leadership quality.

I personally think there's pros and cons to not living together. The biggest pro is that they get to stay with their families, which is a very important thing. I mean look at Jiyeon. When her father lined up to see her at a fan signing she broke out in tears because of how distant they have to be. I think it will be a good thing for Ahreum and Dani. They're both young and they're going to need their families' support, especially with how critical the fans can be. However, on the flip side, T-ara won't be able to bond like they would in a dorm. I think this will be detrimental to Ahreum and Dani. Since they're new members they will need a lot of time to bond with T-ara. There's a chance that some of the members are against the new additions. T-ara won't be able to bond in a dorm to break down the wall that has potential to affect them negatively.

As for Dani being too young, DSP Media is debuting a girl group called PURETTY. Three of the girls are 16, and one is 14. The average age for girls seems to be getting lower. While they are young, I think they should stay as trainees and debut when they are older. But in the end, Dani still had the decision to debut at a young age, so I'm sure she knows what she wants. Even if she might not know what she's getting into.

And T-ara does rotate leaders for each album release. Hyomin, Eunjung, Boram, and Soyeon have already been leaders. Considering Soyeon is still the leader after the Day by Day release, I'm thinking they will switch once Mirage comes out with the repackaged album. Either that or once T-ara's Effect (or is it T-ara Effects?) is released. I'm sure there's a pretty big chance Jiyeon will become the next leader. Hwayoung and Qri aren't very popular in comparison, and Dani and Ahreum are new to T-ara so I doubt they will become leaders before Hwayoung or Qri.

Hmm how is T-ara's accomodation like now? Does anyone know?

Do they live in their own houses or a few members to an apartment or what? :wacko: so confused

I never understood the reasons of doorming, always thought that it was a cheap way of providing the idols. But i guess it helps to bond. I'd like to know this too!

"Honestly, we only got to where we are right now and are receiving this much love because of the path that our sunbaes have paved before us." <--- I like this response! If it weren't for DBSK (naming one) paving this path and working so hard, Korean idols now would have a tougher time in the Japanese industry.

Dani and our oldest unnies are 12 years apart...that's not a small number. However, in After School, Kahi was 12 years apart with Lizzy and E-Young. Everyone got along and became buddies quickly. Since T-ara are friendly girls, like Soyeon said, I'm sure everything will be fine and they'll learn to get along. :)

Wow, Ahreum is really hard-working then! :D No wonder, I didn't see any mistakes made by Ahreum in T-ara's performances.

Thank you for sharing. Soyeon has an awesome attitude! <3

it will be hard for Ahreum and Dani to feel comfortable around the old members, =(, i guess they have more privacy now but bond is a very important if not the most important thing in a group, without bonds the group will disband and go to nowhere (SeeYa and 5dolls i believe), hell sones (i'm a hardcore sone and a queen's) cherish the soshi bond the most, SNSD still live together in a dorm so yeah so they get along like sisters, anyway, i just love Soyeon so much, =), she is a great person, a great and responsible leader, Soyeon hwaiting, T-ara hwaiting, =)

Oh heyyy look at that. Soyeon is receiving the new members in a nice, friendly manner, not to mention protective [oh who can imagine from what]. Something perhaps some T-ara fans should look into... Yeah yeah Jiyeon lost her maknae position, so what.

Jiyeon is still the maknae in my heart, although she's not the maknae now.... :) ♥Babydinooo!!

Well he does have them whipped, that's for sure. But is it really that hard to believe maybe the current members welcome the new ones? I don't take any of the members of being a big enough xxxx that they'd actually dislike the new members simply for joining the group late. The idea of adding/replacing members is not a new on in Kpop or any group-oriented business or franchise. The way he's approaching is def questionable.

Miami wasn't mad about getting Lebron, you know. Especially now.

Well he does have them whipped, that's for sure. But is it really that hard to believe maybe the current members welcome the new ones? I don't take any of the members of being a big enough xxxx that they'd actually dislike the new members simply for joining the group late. The idea of adding/replacing members is not a new on in Kpop or any group-oriented business or franchise. The way he's approaching is def questionable.

Miami wasn't mad about getting Lebron, you know. Especially now.

Yes, it IS hard to believe.

I don't know whether if it's due to culture or simply just the way how Korean society works (or hell, maybe both) but newbies aren't generally considered welcome for the most part, whether it be school, work or even the military (at least from what I hear, recruits get hazed a LOT by those of higher rank, even from those of barely just one rank higher and those who transfer units over reasons related to abuse or some beef with their own comrades generally have it worse), at least from my knowledge and experience from living in Korea since 07 to the end of 09.

New people are expected to work the hell out of their ass to gain acceptance from those who've already been around. Getting into the place because of your parents' influence or position (which can be applied to Areum's case, arguably) doesn't really give you much of a good impression either, regardless of whatever you have to offer.

However, on my experience of how Korean society is like, chances are that the current members dislike the new members - they can't express it fully obviously given how tight their image is controlled, no matter how calm and happy they look on the screen about the whole issue. Korea's obsessive with perfection and anyone who's considered 'unusual' in the group is going to have it extremely difficult to cope. Schools are bad enough when it comes to this and considering how cutthroat the Kpop industry is, it'd be a lot worse.

Along with that, none of us here know T-ara personally ourselves and all we see is the variety shows, interviews and concerts to a degree to get a glimpse - granted, not everything can be considered 'false' in variety shows and interviews but then again, the Kpop industry focuses heavily, if not fanatically, on image perfection and idols are immensely pressured to pull it off, especially female idols due to double standards.

They'd have more reasons to dislike the decision of the new member additions and the date of joining is certainly not one of the most biggest ones. T-ara ain't godly saints. There's a reason why they're not dorming together as a group. Make a group of newbies and seniors dorm togther and there's bound to be trouble happening for both sides, unless the newbies practically make themselves be like slaves to the latter and allow themselves to be abused for whatever small fault. That's just how it works in Korea. While KKS has threatened to kick out the original members if something like this were to happen, that doesn't necessarily mean Areum and Dani are necessarily going to report everything to him and I doubt he's able to keep surveillance 24/7 literally.

Additionally, the timeline of T-ara's member addition has a major difference to those other groups out there - it was a decision that was made in the current peak of their popularity, not during a time where they were struggling for relevancy. This is why the current member addition has become a far more intensively controversial issue compared to Hwayoung's addition, during which T-ara wasn't exactly widely popular at the time - fans aside, everyone else didn't give much of a damn about it but this? It got the attention of both. If this member addition is justified, then it also indirectly means people acknowledge that the original T-ara members are 'lazy' and 'prideful' - the former especially is a whole big bag of bogus to begin with.

Even if Soyeon was forced to say this, there's still a chance that she was being sincere about it.

I personally think there's pros and cons to not living together. The biggest pro is that they get to stay with their families, which is a very important thing. I mean look at Jiyeon. When her father lined up to see her at a fan signing she broke out in tears because of how distant they have to be. I think it will be a good thing for Ahreum and Dani. They're both young and they're going to need their families' support, especially with how critical the fans can be. However, on the flip side, T-ara won't be able to bond like they would in a dorm. I think this will be detrimental to Ahreum and Dani. Since they're new members they will need a lot of time to bond with T-ara. There's a chance that some of the members are against the new additions. T-ara won't be able to bond in a dorm to break down the wall that has potential to affect them negatively.

As for Dani being too young, DSP Media is debuting a girl group called PURETTY. Three of the girls are 16, and one is 14. The average age for girls seems to be getting lower. While they are young, I think they should stay as trainees and debut when they are older. But in the end, Dani still had the decision to debut at a young age, so I'm sure she knows what she wants. Even if she might not know what she's getting into.

And T-ara does rotate leaders for each album release. Hyomin, Eunjung, Boram, and Soyeon have already been leaders. Considering Soyeon is still the leader after the Day by Day release, I'm thinking they will switch once Mirage comes out with the repackaged album. Either that or once T-ara's Effect (or is it T-ara Effects?) is released. I'm sure there's a pretty big chance Jiyeon will become the next leader. Hwayoung and Qri aren't very popular in comparison, and Dani and Ahreum are new to T-ara so I doubt they will become leaders before Hwayoung or Qri.

I'd argue that the chance of Soyeon being sincere about it are minimal at best and zero at worst. See above post for detail - I think I pretty much explained why it's better not for them to dorm together for the time being (or even for the long term, much like KARA, where all the members live individually or with their families - that lawsuit back in 2010 is bound to have created a bit of a rift, especially for Gyru).

As for the leader switch position, that one's debatable. Boram herself wasn't exactly popular when she was leader and Jiyeon's leadership capabilities (if any) are questionable at best. In a group of soon-to-be nine members, having the third youngest as the leader isn't exactly a wise choice - especially when Jiyeon's more likely to be used to being the youngest of the group and has yet to display extraordinary capabilities of being a leader.

The timing is also pretty bad, with the member additions and all. Imagine if the current members got in an argument or were abusing the new members - Jiyeon obviously would be likely to take the current members' side or be helpless to settle things down, especially when it comes to 'stronger' members such as Soyeon.