Diadem Forums

[12.07.13] T-ara's Hwayoung, “I want to be the queen of romantic comedies like Kim Suna”

nathaniel

[12.07.13] T-ara's Hwayoung, “I want to be the queen of romantic comedies like Kim Sunhwa”

229046e963357f3faffcacb02fec245d.jpg

As water flows from a faucet, idols have been 'flowing' from the TV whenever it's turned on. Lately, having more than five members in a group is the majority, just as much as remembering every idol's names is a given. In the idol world, member changes are as frequent as the total number of the many idols.

T-ARA has recently been receiving a lot of attention after announcing that they will be adding two new members to the group. Lately, there have been much controversy surrounding the new members', who have not debuted yet, ability to adjust. bntnews was able to meet the latest addition to T-ARA: ‘Hwayoung’.

I want to be a warm/kind older sister to the younger ones~

I asked her if there was a way to adjust well as T-ARA as a new member. “Actually, T-ARA has been recreating existing styles, so it can be a bit hard. The public seems to be worried about adjusting and getting along with the members, but I am not worried about that. They treat me really well, like a biological older sister would. And that's why I was able to adjust well. When the new younger sisters come, I want to hold their hands warmly and support them. That's why I am constantly keeping in touch with them – we are in the process of growing closer.”

Hwayoung wants to be a warm and caring older sister to the newest members. Is it because she'll soon give up her maknae (T/N: in the case of being the newest member, not the youngest) position to them? You can see a more mature girl in her than when she first debuted. I asked if there is an area/field she wants to take challenge in. “I want to act. Especially in a comedy! I really want to try taking on a character like sunbae Hwang Jungeum's in Highkick through the Roof. I have a unique and unpredictable side to me more than you think, so I think I can act that part naturally well. And like sunbae Kim Sunha, I want to take on a romantic comedy part. There are some roles only sunbae Kim Suna can pull off. I want to become someone like that.”

Are you curious about Hwayoung?

She who dreams of becoming a multi-talented entertainer. I asked her about her favorite genre as a singer. “I like hip-hop. I actually didn't really know much about hip-hop; but after debuting and learning about it, I started to love it. I especially like ‘Nicki Minaj’'s music.” Can we expect to hear some hip-hop music from T-ARA? “Hip-hop music is my own personal taste, so I'm not sure if it'll match T-ARA's style and color. We usually make exciting music like retro style and club music. But I do want to take on hip-hop music one day.”

Unlike the other T-ARA members, who come out in entertainment shows and dramas, Hwayoung is rarely seen in the media. I was curious about Hwayoung as an individual, not as a member of T-ARA. What is her ideal type? “Rather than the typical handsome guy, I like a warm-hearted guy with no double eyelids. Rather than a pin-up (good looking) guy, I prefer a guy with a personality. And I like a guy who works diligently and knows how to keep one's private and public life separate.”

For someone whose ideal is a person who knows how to keep his private and personal life separate, I asked what Hwayoung thought of having a celebrity boyfriend. “Honestly, I'm curious. I think I'll like having a celebrity boyfriend because since we are both celebrities and have similar lifestyles, I think we'll be able to understand each other well. I wonder how it'll be.”

d5b45452b938ba0daba991d7c70e688b.jpg

She boasts a milky complexion without a single blemish. What are her skincare secrets? “I don't take time out to get pampered at a skincare shop. My mom personally makes my own natural skincare products that matches specifically to my skin. And I put on the necessary skin lotion according to my skin condition each day.”

T-ARA no longer live in dorms together. Hwayoung brought her parents to live with her in Seoul. Thankfully, she's been able to eat her ‘mom's homemade health foods’, so she's really happy. “When I lived in dorms, it was really hard to resist the temptations of late-night snacking every night. In the end, giving up to these temptations became frequent. But since I live at home (with my parents) now, I have better control over them. More than anything, I'm the type to gain weight easily so late-night snacking is forbidden.” For a girl who says she gains weight easily, it seemed like she didn't need to diet at all. I wondered whether she had her own secrets to maintaining her body, so I asked. “I really gain weight easily. So I eat between noon and 6 PM, then stay away from food after 6. I always eat half a bowl of rice at a time, too.”

I will try harder to become a hallyu-idol~

T-ARA recently released their first Japanese album ‘Jewelry Box’ and are promoting their Japan Tour Concert right now. Jewelry Box reached #2 on the Oricon Chart the day it was released, which shows how popular the album currently is. “I'm so surprised and thankful for all the love and support we've been receiving. I didn't expect this at all. I will not lose sight of my original resolutions and work even harder. And that's also our share of duty, right?”

Lastly, I also requested a message for the fans in Korea waiting eagerly for T-ARA's comeback. “I still have many faults and a long way to go before reaching perfection, but I'm really thankful for all the love I've received because I'm part of T-ARA. I will work even harder to show my very best. It's the least I can do to reciprocate the love I've received.” She was especially bright and cheerful when talking about the fans. She knows how to love as much as she's been loved. With that, there is no doubt she will become a warm-hearted older sister to the new members. Look forward to T-ARA Hwayoung's future.

Source: http://bntnews.hanky...4&mode=sub_view

Translated by: x은영이 @ Diadem

Hwayoung truly has come such a long way since her debut...I remember how awkward, shy, and dare I say...messy she looked when she joined the group back in 2010, but she's really come into her own over the last few promotional cycles. She seems to be gaining more confidence and notoriety as a performer with each comeback, and that's exciting to hear that she wants to tackle acting in the future. I just hope she can be healthy about it since once she gets into it it'll probably affect her just as much as the other girls who simultaneously act and try to promote music with the group at the same time. But yeah, this interview has probably been one of the most candid ones yet, I'm surprised at how articulate she is!

So it looks like they've interviewed each member, meaning we still get interviews from Jiyeon, Hyomin, and Qri. Can't wait!

As the group's token gangster rapper, I believe she can do it.

Haha I know I'll probably be scalped for saying this but I've always thought that Hwa's huskier, deeper voice was more appropriate for rapping than Eunjung's or Hyomin's. I think she could sound right at home on a hip hop track, she's got swag.

"I want to hold their hands warmly and support them. That's why I am constantly keeping in touch with them – we are in the process of growing closer.” <--- Awe, she is so sweet and kind! :D

Reading this, I feel even better about how the current members and new members' process of growing closer and getting along are going.

Thank you for posting. & best wishes to T-ara ~ <3

She mentioned Hip Hop, a genre which i also like and I would seriously like T-ara to try Hip Hop.. actually, would TTL be considered hip hop? :P

Me too...maybe for their next year's projects ^_^ Hwayoung got some swag right now,I love dat rap! Heeemmm....IMO,maybe TTL more to dance than hip hop B)

Hwayoung always seems to perform all out in every T-ara stage

She really hard worked for being accepted by T-ara's fans. It's not impossible if she ever heard about some fans who againts the addition of Hwayoung..

Hwaiting Hwayoung! <3

Hwayoung truly has come such a long way since her debut...I remember how awkward, shy, and dare I say...messy she looked when she joined the group back in 2010, but she's really come into her own over the last few promotional cycles. She seems to be gaining more confidence and notoriety as a performer with each comeback, and that's exciting to hear that she wants to tackle acting in the future. I just hope she can be healthy about it since once she gets into it it'll probably affect her just as much as the other girls who simultaneously act and try to promote music with the group at the same time. But yeah, this interview has probably been one of the most candid ones yet, I'm surprised at how articulate she is!

^THIS.

I completely agree. I've always supported Hwayoung when she joined T-ara because I knew she had potential to be the best rapper in the group. I don't know if she's there yet, but she's getting pretty close. I really wish CCM would allow her to get out more, especially since she has gained so much more experience and confidence now!