Diadem Forums

[12.07.14] T-ara's new member Areum, "I felt burdened and didn't want to damage the group by joining"

nathaniel

[12.07.14] T-ara's new member Areum, "I felt burdened and didn't want to damage the group by joining"

N2012071415011220701.jpg

T-ara's new member Areum has been catching the attention of the public recently.

T-ara grabbed viewers' attention with their emotional stage on the 13th at KBS2 "Music Bank" and performed their new song "Day by Day". T-ara came back one week ago, but they already launched into third place on their first entry on the charts.

Among the existing members was an eye-catching eighth member Areum who brought a soft and fresh voice to T-ara.

T-ara's new member Areum met with reporters after successfully debuting with T-ara and said, "It doesn't feel real yet to me. I remember seeing them on TV and didn't know if I could blend in with them, but I'm very grateful that I had such good fortune."

"Now that the first stage is over, I feel much more relaxed," she said. "In the beginning, it was difficult wearing heels but I continued to practice hard and then improved a lot in order to perform on stage."

Bringing a new member into a group has the possibility or being a success or failure, so it's a high risk. It's the case for any "new recruit" members. Because of the group's already established name, the members can get popularity faster. However, after the group adjustment, there can pressure and burdens put on the group if they don't help contribute to a growing popularity and the pressure will be a challenge for the group.

Areum said, "There was a big burden on me in fact. I thought that because T-ara is already a highly successful group, I was worried that maybe I could damage that. However, after debuting I felt like 'My unnies really do have a lot of experience.' I think I will be good if I simply just follow along with them."

The part-time maknae Areum. The decision was made recently that a younger ninth member name Dani will join in October. The comparison between the two new members will be inevitable. When asked about this Areum said, "I don't pay attention to what's written about me. Me and Dani are two different people with different charms. Like Suzy, I want to be a representative from the '94 line in both acting and singing. Like a onion shedding it's layers, I want to show my charms one by one."

Source: http://m.eto.co.kr/news/view.asp?Code=20120714150112207&tid=&sid=

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

I think the biggest question about the two new members would be is what can they contribute to the group that the others haven't. I mean yes ahreum is a good singer but from what ive listened the high notes part that was given to her, eunjung can do it. Its not that i'm dissing her or anything just that i guess expectations are a bit high because off the way she joined t-ara

Like I said .. I'll reserved my comments for her later. She should get less nervous on stage though. She's doing okay already.

Denying your CEO's request would mean losing your future. So I feel that she had no choice in her decision.

But after this, she'd have to do her best and lots more to live up to her expectation. So please do it for T-ara ! Fighting !!!

I'll be supporting her a little bit then. :)

i know she worked hard and all but i still could not accept her ,u know, she came in t-ara and stole many parts which could have been given to Qri or Boram or EUNJUNG - yup, lovely lady Eunjung, she gets now like 6 repeated lines in day by day and a bit rap in don't leave, she did not even get a proper line in cry cry, =.=, Areum just enjoy the fame and everything the other members worked so hard for, so yeah, i still do not like her yet, but i know she will improve, i'm waiting to see what else she got, =), Hwaiting 8-ARA or soon to be 9-ARA

come on guys...singing parts are not decided by members...even if areum is not in t-ara, it does not means qri or boram gets more.

now that she is officially a member of t-ara, her priority in everyday life must be t-ara 1st. If she can give up much in life to work hard for t-ara she should be fine..same for dani.

And for the recent releases i sincerely feel lines has been distrubuted more fairly...not being biased. Qri and Boram both had significant lines and they did great.

Just have to see the growth in T-ara with the new members down the mths to actually judge if anyone is suitable or not.

i actually not like dani and areum 100 % yet but i will try and really hope both of them show something new that doesn't have in other t-ara member (7-ara)....especially dani who didn't get training (singing /dancing)

really hope she's doing well

because i don't want to see or hear other people keep bashing t-ara.....

T-ARA AND QUEEN'S HWAITING!!!!

sigh. Just like what others already said, that high note can be given to Jungie, the rap part can be given to Hyomin ( i think she has fewer lines in this new song) some lines can be sang by Qri or Rambo or Ji.

I still can't see the good side of adding new members, i don't know if she can help Ssyo too.

Maybe their CEO just thought of them having more fans because of them.

haist anyway, i just hope i can see the advantage of them being add in the group as time goes by and hope they really will give all just like how the 7 members is doing...

Sigh...I still can't accept but I'm adjusting... Fighting!!

Looking at how Eunjung and Hwayoung accepted Areum with an open heart in Star Life (I don't know whether they are acting or not), it kinda more or less help me to accept her. If Jiyeon starts hugging and fooling around with her, I'll totally accept her. I don't hate her and for me she's doing fine considering this is her debut stage.

As mentioned by others, my problem with her is she serves nothing new to the table and she's still an unnecessary addition to the group. Yeah, I know it's still a bit early to say this so I hope she proves me wrong. Maybe she should pick up some song writing or song composing skills or learn how to speak Japanese fluently to actually make her stand out and at least provide some assistance to the group. I'm just sad that she entered the group so easily. I know the pressure is on her too so I'm not going to spread any hate.

I don't really have anything against Areum but CCM adding two members may very well cause the beginning of the end for T-Ara. Lets look at it this way, 7-Ara has been together since '09 when they debuted and probably more than that when they were trainees. Adding Areum and Dani will affect the way the group works with each other and may even create a boundary between 7-Ara and the 2 new members.

Until now,I don't see any advantages adding more members to 7-ara. Her lines can be given to another members. Even without adding a member, 7-ara probably still doing great singing Day by Day or Don't Leave. But the King wannabe - CEO already gave his decree to the Diadem land. So we,common people, have to accept it no matter what. *Sigh*

Please show more of your talents,Areum,so we can support you more even not 100% yet.