Diadem Forums

[12.07.14] T-ara's new member Areum, "I felt burdened and didn't want to damage the group by joining"

nathaniel

Now I understand why she lip syncs her high note.

She's just too afraid she cant hit the high notes live.

She's afraid to damage reputation of T-ara by making a mistake.

I doubt she lipsynced the high note. If anything, there was a stronger voice backing her up.

If joining T-ara was a burden then why did you join in the first place lol .

For Ahreum -- I accept her maybe 70% .. But please stop adding the members already ...

Someone made a good point earlier in this thread saying that if Ahreum was to say no to CCM, then she would pretty much be saying goodbye to her dream of becoming an idol.

I still think people are being unfair and harsh towards Ahreum. Both Ahreum and Dani are going to be under a large amount of pressure for the next few months, maybe a year. It doesn't help that some people are being critical about it. Especially since they're young girls, I doubt they will take it very well at all. There's nothing that can be done to change the fact that Ahreum and Dani are now in T-ara. Criticizing them about being able to "enjoy the fame" or "join T-ara so easily" is most likely going to hinder them, which in turn will hurt T-ara. Besides, I really doubt Ahreum is "enjoying the fame" anyways with what people are saying about her. I understand not being able to accept them, but I think it should stop there. There's no point in being negative. And judging by Ahreum's comments I'm going to go ahead and say she felt split about joining T-ara. She might be happy about becoming an idol (because who wouldn't be happy about fulfilling their dreams?), but again she might feel bad, and maybe even like a burden to T-ara.

Also, in terms of her lines it's not T-ara that decides who sings what. Since this is Ahreum's debut she's getting a lot of lines to show off her vocals. I don't think Qri and Boram would get more lines than they already did if Ahreum wasn't in T-ara.

I doubt she lipsynced the high note. If anything, there was a stronger voice backing her up.

The fact is she did lipsynced though...You can hear the difference between her live and studio voice before the high note, but during the high note it's only the studio version, or her voice breathing to the high note.

The fact is she did lipsynced though...You can hear the difference between her live and studio voice before the high note, but during the high note it's only the studio version, or her voice breathing to the high note.

During the high note there's no vibrato until the end of the high note for the live performance. In the studio you can hear the vibrato a lot more. It's most likely a back up voice. The same way Yoonjo backs up Lime for the high note in Venus.

first I liked her but as soon as I saw her perform I didn't liked her anymore. to be honest I really dislike the way she performs. she makes weird movements with her eyebrows and at rapping she sucks too she should leave the rapping to someone else.

But its not like anyone of them cares what the fans think so it doesn't really matter. seems like ccm takes t-ara's fans for granted!

If joining T-ara was a burden then why did you join in the first place lol .

I can't help but roll my eyes at people making this point. If you were in her position, and were training and working towards your dream, you would jump at the chance. She is saying this to show that she is humble, as ALL idols do.

i kinda hated it so much when i heard Eunjung commenting about the addition of members issue in star life theater, when she was initially( whether or not now it is still the case, behind the public, i don't know ) against the addition of members and she questioned the company " why? Are we(7-ARA) not good enough? " and what she said later on was " oh ..after the addition i came to realize,oh, the new members might actually help T-ara "

it takes me a lot of heart to want to believe that whatever she says is not what CCM forces the girls to say, because to be very very honest....this change is really the biggest change that T-ara is painstakingly going through. Although they seem so bright on the outside about the whole issue, we Queen's can tell whether or not 7-ara are taking sides or just being backed into a corner without choice because another opinion from them would leave them WITHOUT A CAREER.

how ruthless is that.

can't help but feel so ...*sigh* by the huge changes that they themselves and also the pure Queen's that have stuck with them from the very beginning, have to go through. Closing one eye to, and accepting the facts.

it's good that she doesn't pay attention to what's written. people can be quite stupid and totally out of context doing their critics... and for a newbie, those can be quite harsh and put a lot of pressure so that she can handle it.

Do your best, Areum. your voice is deliciously addicting <3

the first time I saw areum, "oh GOD. She's too young to join with 7-Ara" and "She'll be replace Jiyeon as magnae in 7-Ara, right? For the GOD Shake!!!"

but, after she was join with the girls and how the other members try to make areum accepted in the group, I feel I was wrong. And after I read this article, I know the feeling. I know the rough that areum felt. She felt burdened right? And she said that she wasn't and never want to damage the group with join 7-Ara.

I'm already holding my tears back. Every member who join with 7-Ara has a special thing, like hwayoung before. And areum had it too.

Thanks areum, you will not damage the group with joining. You make an effort too. :-)

I think it's too early to be judging her at the moment. For now, we already know that she CAN sing, although not as well as the mighty soyeon, but you could say that her singing has been nothing but decent. IMHO the best thing to do right now is to give her a chance to prove that she deserves to be in T-ara.

she still feel awkward on stage.She just cant be cool like the rest of the member.But since our leader,Soyeon accept them,why just we try?They would worried if fans dislikes the new member and they will feel depressed.Come on,guys.