Diadem Forums

[12.07.19] T-ara's Eunjung, "We want to enjoy the stage without the pressure of being #1"

nathaniel

[12.07.19] T-ara's Eunjung, "We want to enjoy the stage without the pressure of being #1"

201207190714778710_1.jpg

Girl group T-ara’s “Lovey-Dovey” is the #1 song downloaded for the first half of 2012. “The pressure to get new #1 songs is there now, but we enjoy making the song come alive every stage,” T-ara said.

Gaon recently released their chart rankings for the first half of 2012 and T-ara’s “Lovey-Dovey” was downloaded over 3.33 million times, making it #1. OSEN was able to interview T-ara’s Eunjung over the phone.

In a phone interview with a reporter, Eunjung said, “I just heard the news. It’s really unexpected and hard to believe that we were able to be ranked number one when there were a lot of senior groups who promoted too, but I’m really happy.”

“I want to tell the rest of the members soon. Everyone will like this news. We’re working hard promoting our current song ‘Day by Day’ so this will be really encouraging to us,” Eunjung said.

T-ara’s “Roly-Poly” was the #1 song of last year on the same chart. When asked what T-ara’s secret to getting popular hit songs, Eunjung said it’s “variety.”

“We have our own color despite taking on the challenge of doing a variety of different genres,” Eunjung expressed. “Our strength is that our music and the feeling when watching us on stage is different than normal. For example, “Lovey-Dovey” had a fun and colorful shuffle dance which became popular and helped us gain more love.”

T-ara plan to continue with their popular hook songs “Bo Peep Bo Peep”, “Roly-Poly” and “Lovey-Dovey” in the 2nd half of the year. The pressure to get another #1 is very clear for them.

Eunjung said, “It’s a burden where we rank on song charts. I think it’d be nice to have every song be #1 (laughs), but getting rid of our greed, I want to enjoy and have fun on stage. For our current song ‘Day by Day’, T-ara is showing our existing image but fans can expect a new image for our new song. Our members are all excited for it.”

T-ara will comeback on August 15th with “Sexy Love” after promoting “Day by Day”.

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120719n03500

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

T-ara's "Roly-Poly" was the #1 song of last year on the same chart. When asked what T-ara's secret to getting popular hit songs, Eunjung said it's "variety."

"We have our own color despite taking on the challenge of doing a variety of different genres," Eunjung expressed. "Our strength is that our music and the feeling when watching us on stage is different than normal. For example, "Lovey-Dovey" had a fun and colorful shuffle dance which became popular and helped us gain more love."

Thats why they described their group as Infinity Challenge.. They're unique.. <3 Chameleon of Kpop Go Go.. Hope Day By Day, lovey dovey & sexy love will top the year end chart later :)

You know what I've noticed, that whatever new song no matter who makes it, it will reach some #1 spot somewhere. Which is why I believe companies will time releases close but never on the same day. This is just an observance from a a casual fan but feel free to correct me. That explains how some of these groups come out of the wood works and have a chart topper with an okay song. That way they can still "beat" bigger more popular groups because then that group's single will be old. It's like movie releases in February, nothing is good but something still has to be the best lol.

It's like giving trophies out to the winner for winning and the losers for participating.

201207190714778710_1.jpg

“We have our own color despite taking on the challenge of doing a variety of different genres,” Eunjung expressed. “Our strength is that our music and the feeling when watching us on stage is different than normal. For example, “Lovey-Dovey” had a fun and colorful shuffle dance which became popular and helped us gain more love.”

Eunjung said, “It’s a burden where we rank on song charts. I think it’d be nice to have every song be #1 (laughs), but getting rid of our greed, I want to enjoy and have fun on stage. For our current song ‘Day by Day’, T-ara is showing our existing image but fans can expect a new image for our new song. Our members are all excited for it.”

Well said Eunjung. Seriously, no matter what other say about T-ARA, I will always have faith in T-ARA. That's a reason I following them since July 2009 because I can explore more side and talents of T-ARA .

And now, QUEEN'S all around the globe are super duper excited for their come back and Forever will give our fullest support and love to T-ARA because T-ARA deserve it all.

27 days to go fro Sexy Love, can't wait any longer.