Diadem Forums

[12.07.27] "Power vocal vs cutie rapper," T-ara's new members make their debut on Japanese stage

nathaniel

[12.07.27] "Power vocal vs cutie rapper," T-ara's new members make their debut on Japanese stage

2012726225110k1c4_T5_30787.jpg

T-ara's first Japanese tour. For the finale on the 25th and 26th, T-ara performed the prestigious Budokan concert arena. On top of that, T-ara's new members Areum and Dani made their debut on the Japanese stage, where they showcased their personalities.

Areum (18) possesses the vocal skills of a lead vocalist. At the show, she gave a live performance of the popular American song "Price Tag". "Price Tag" features an intense rhythm with a mix of hip-hop style and from the beginning of the end, Areum successfully showed off her powerful vocals and showed off a cool powerful side of her.

In addition to her vocal talent, she showed off her dancing skills. Areum wore a black mini-dress with back-up dancers surrounding her. She performed intense choreography to fit the powerful song.

2012726225110pp9s_T5_30788.jpg

The other T-ara member also recognized Areum's talent. Eunjung said, "When you watch Areum on stage, you think she is well-equipped with her talents in singing and dancing. She has a lot to learn since she joined T-ara late, but she's doing well so far and learning our old songs at a very fast rate. It seems that in the future together with Areum on stage it'll be good."

Areum addressed the journalists at the press conference on the 26th and said, "It was my first concert on stage and it was burdensome that for the first, it was held in such a large venue. Fortunately, each of the T-ara members gave me tips and encouraged me so I'm thankful. I'll show a better image in the future."

2012726225111q0v8_T5_30789.jpg

On the other hand, T-ara's new maknae Dani (14) showed off her unique rapping skills. In the middle of the concert, the T-ara members called Dani to stage. Dani grew up in the United States since she was four and thus is proficient in English. Dani gave a smooth English introduction followed by an awkward introduction in Japanese and then a short rap in English.

Dani's rap was full of personality. T-ara's existing rappers Hyomin, Eunjung and Hwayoung all have their own style of rapping, and Dani brings a new style to the table. Dani's rapping is different from the strong/intense raps of the other members with her high voice and "cutie" style. She appeared on stage with a white t-shirt and jeans which showcased her innocence. Originally introduced as a cute girl, Dani transformed into an intense cutie rapper.

Soyeon said, "Dani is such a young age, so we thought she would be best fitted for a cute concept.. but rather than cute, she says she wants to try a chic and sexy concept in the future." She praised her and said, "As T-ara expands in various activities, she's likely going to become the principal member."

T-ara's new members were introduced to Japanese fans today and had two opposite charms. One is distinctly a vocalist and the other is a rapper and each will build their own position in the group over time.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120727n09073

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Ahreum's performance was great and her pronounciation was good too.

Dani's rap was good I guess, but I wanted to see her rapping skills in korean, since that's what she'll be doing, right?

Although if she rapped in english that would be something she would do that the other members can't. It wouldn't feel like she's useless or unnecessary.

Ahreum's performance was great and her pronounciation was good too.

Dani's rap was good I guess, but I wanted to see her rapping skills in korean, since that's what she'll be doing, right?

Although if she rapped in english that would be something she would do that the other members can't. It wouldn't feel like she's useless or unnecessary.

lol cutie rapper

i think dani's rap part will be like hwayoung's rap part in RP

well, that's fine then, i think it suits her voice better, beside dani is a cute girl and it suits her style

areum has a good voice, i hope next time CCM make a duet for soyeon and areum (soreum yo!)

and areum please don't rap, just leave it to eunminhwa plus T-ara cutie rapper, areum's rap in TTL japan live still make me cringe lol, i prefer her as a vocalist like soyeon, she has an awesome voice.

CCM, you have too much rappers in T-ara, how about next concept are hip hop song and full of rap ? (still can't get over with eunjimin's hip hop dance in japan concert :wub: )

I agree with the praise for Aurem. I think she's really fitting in with T-ara.

But not Dani. I just didn't see any talent in that.

i think dani's rap part will be like hwayoung's rap part in RP

I think that's the only type of role i'd like her to be in.

But as I said in my other posts about Dani, at least she still has time before debut. Hopefully she will improve a lot between now and then.

Ahreum didn´t impress me, her voice was just fine, (the song was an easy one) and her dance was really far to be as good as the dancers. -_-

And it seems that the only talent they can say about Dani is to be "cute" :wacko: , if that can be named "talent", the girl doesn´t even know how to stand on stage or look at the public, and her rap was... like many people on street could rap, so what´s she bringing to T-ara? the cuteness of any other girl of 14 yeras old that should be singing at achool chorus? :angry:

i know there´s not way back, but i still think the same, about their adition . Completely unnecesary and useless.

sure Areum arrival and Dani in the T-ara will boost progress and

to populeran T-ara, Areum who have good backgrounds and who are also good at foreign language, he became a powerful Lead Vocal, while Dani grew up in America since the age of 4 years, and the ability to speak English very fluently, and will mnjadi Rapper funny with its own peculiar style, this is very helpful T-ara to lbih dare to compete in the international world .....

Always Respect both of them,, :rolleyes:

Ahreum didn´t impress me, her voice was just fine, (the song was an easy one) and her dance was really far to be as good as the dancers. -_-

And it seems that the only talent they can say about Dani is to be "cute" :wacko: , if that can be named "talent", the girl doesn´t even know how to stand on stage or look at the public, and her rap was... like many people on street could rap, so what´s she bringing to T-ara? the cuteness of any other girl of 14 yeras old that should be singing at achool chorus? :angry:

i know there´s not way back, but i still think the same, about their adition . Completely unnecesary and useless.

KKS is trying to lower the age average and appeal to wider age ranges ... There will always be new fans joining ... like how i joined after hwayoung's debut ... Ahreum is not half bad really ... its an english song and being not a native language .. its harder for her ... Ahreum works hard too so i support her ..

well what i'm suppose to say .

firstly i think two new member is ok for the addition to t-ara .

Areum can sing well . so she can back up soyeon on stage .

Dani also can rap she can feat. with hwayoung . i think .

also dani can teach other t-ara mmber english language .

i don't care abouy other people say bad thing about two new mmber.

as t-ara die hard fan . i must support them .

T-ara fighting .!!

Don't see the age average from bad side ok? like what KaiC said there will always be new fans joining

Also i think this will give us more years with T-ARA as a group before the girls broke up or stop do activities..

Ahreum's performance was so good and i don't see the song is an easy one!

Dani her rap is not bad too. and i think she works on it this time and for me her cute voice, her English and her good looking are enough to support her. ;)<3

i hope T-ara's fans support all the 9 and stop see anything from - bad side - i know it's hard but you can do it.

T-ara girls need us to be " one " not like what i see on YouTube comments some of Queens support the old 6 or the 7

and some of them all the members. - like me hehe :D -

let's just stop this and be ONE!

"As T-ara expands in various activities, she's likely going to become the principal member."

Dani becoming the principal member of T-ara ? Damnit I don't want that to happen ! :(

All things considered, I still think that the new members addition was useless, I don't see how it benefits to the success of T-ara for now. They would have done just fine without it.

Areaum is far from a powerful singer LOL

And Dani seems too inexperienced with her poor introductions...

Also, many QUEEN'S will be upset when Dani replaces Jiyeon as the face of T-ara. I know I was upset when Jiyeon overtook my bias Eunjung as most popular member and gained more attention.

I'll have to wait until I hear Dani's rapping I guess.

She's still young, maybe in a year or two she might have a vocal talent or something. :P

I have no doubt about Areum's voice though, I'll wait for her to get used to our 7-ara and we'll see where she fits in.

But Hyomin, Eunjung are more powerful than her vocal though. (for now) :)