Diadem Forums

[12.07. 30] T-ara's agency "Hwayoung, refused to perform during a live show, 'I can't go on stage.'"

nathaniel

Not in all cases. They aren't hounded like SNSD, and what happens backstage is not open to the fans.

I don't know what to believe right now since I never trusted CCM, but I have been wondering from that very performance, just how did Hyomin forget those lyrics if she had time to prepare, especially since she also has trained for years at rapping? And why didn't Hwayoung perform in the chair at this relatively little show, as she did at the biggest concert of their career (Budokan)?

I've been wondering this since these rumors started, but I've kept my mouth shut so as not to instigate Hwayoung fans. I am a Hwayoung fan as well, but what doesn't make sense stands out to me.

I was wondering the same. To miss both the main vocal and the main rapper who play prominent roles is a bit too much. It was hard to watch that performance but I commend them for sticking it out.

Honestly, and I hate to anger Hwayoung fans, but this whole story fits together much better than any bullying theory I've seen so far. It's still far-fetched since it seems so out of character for Hwayoung, though...but who knows.

All I know is that Hyomin LIVES for the stage. Had she known in advance that she was going to have to do Hwa's rap she would've had that sh!t memorized and ready to go, because she's a whore for the spotlight. That she not only had to use cue cards to get through the rap but messed it up (poor dear seems to be having a time with on-stage gaffes lately) tells me that something wasn't right.

Yeah, Hyomin is well known in the T-ara fandom for being a workaholic. And we have seen multiple times that Eunjung and the rest are almost perfectionists. They record their performances and beat themselves up for every minute mistakes. (Case point: EJ being all frustrated at herself for being too forceful in her dancing?)

To be honest, I don't know what to think. I still don't see the members as bullies but neither do I see Hwayoung as the diva-ish kind.

Extra: A ton of people has been quick to throw Jiyeon under the bus for being the number 1 bully. Really? Yoo In Na once said that she was as fragile as glass. And IU said that though she looks like a cold city girl, she is in actually fact a complete fool. Coupled with the fact that she is the member who gets flamed the most (Kim Tae Hee lookalike....the latest beofre this being the nong shim raymum fiasco). I'm not saying that she is as docile as a lamb but to say she's a callous bully is a little far fetched. Yeah I might seem like a gullible & deluded faceless stan to you but so be it. [/steps off soapbox]

Guest baramsori

Oh, by no means do I agree with what KKS is doing right now. He's only making the girls look worse and worse every time he releases another statement, and I really do wish he'd just shut the hell up. T-ara needs to go on hiatus, that much is clear. Sexy Love will keep until next year, for now, they need a break to clear the air because sending them out for another round of promotions so shortly after this fiasco is simply throwing them out to the wolves.

Part of me thinks that's their punishment.

I dont think so. They need at least one sacrificial promotion before they can bounce back. Let it be Sexy love. So that they can be free after this promotion cycle. The next time they comeback, people will feel tired talking about the same thing over and over again. If they went on hiatus now, the next time they comeback, people will start to dig it up again.

I just realized, Hwayoung has the potential to save T-ara's image by saying that they weren't bullying her, doesn't she? I can't really believe that the other girls are the bad guys here.

yah, she can do that... but i don't know, my senses tells me she wouldn't... it seems like she is off there to destroy T-ara fame.... waaaa! what am i thinking? i don't know anymore... I'm really so confused!

I really wanted her to say something! i really wanted Soyeon to speak too!! T.T

Extra: A ton of people has been quick to throw Jiyeon under the bus for being the number 1 bully. Really? Yoo In Na onced said that she was as fragile as glass. And IU said that though she looks like a cold city girl, she is in actually fact a complete fool. Coupled with the fact that she is the member who gets flamed the most (Kim Tae Hee lookalike....the latest beofre this being the nong shim raymum fiasco). I'm not saying that she is as docile as a lamb but to say she's a callous bully is a little far fetched. Yeah I might seem like a gullible & deluded faceless stan to you but so be it. [/steps off soapbox]

I absolutely HATE the amount of bashing Jiyeon is getting. She has not had a particularly easy life even BEFORE becoming an idol, and needless to say her time in the spotlight has not been without its ups and downs. I think her worst traits are that she's a tad immature and a little bit cold when you first see her, but that has more to do with her look than her actual demeanor. She's a young girl, for God's sake, people need to stop and realize that they are talking about someone's daughter, someone's sister, how in the WORLD would that make them feel if it was them in her or her family's shoes?

Needless to say I don't believe Jiyeon is guilty of bullying anyone. In her tweet, she applauds the "acting genius." Do I think it was directed at Hwayoung? Absolutely. If she told Japanese reporters that she was horribly upset about turning everything upside down during their Budokan concert and then came right back to Korea and refused a performance, I'd call her out on it too. Not on Twitter, but I'd have words. She was catty, yes, but I do think it was more frustration at Hwayoung than bullying. That's just my opinion on it, anyways.

cancel more...

i know this will affect t-ara but no choice seen none of them can speak up...

i guess fans should do something

the thing is that if fans do it and expect kks to change his mind, then i have a unicorn to sell to that person. Kks is not going to change.the only people hurt in this whole process will be the 6 members. the new 2 i dont know. they just started

I dont think so. They need at least one sacrificial promotion before they can bounce back. Let it be Sexy love. So that they can be free after this promotion cycle. The next time they comeback, people will feel tired talking about the same thing over and over again. If they went on hiatus now, the next time they comeback, people will start to dig it up again.

Maybe so, but it's par for the course for a company to halt all promotions indefinitely for a little while to let things cool down before coming back in the event of a scandal breaking loose. Lee Hyori did it for her plagiarism scandal, Big Bang did it when GD and Daesung's scandals came to light...Sexy Love is due for release in two weeks. Those stars had upwards of a year before they showed their faces again. I think it's partly a punishment because they WILL be embarrassed during the rest of their promotions for this year. It's already pretty much confirmed that refunds are being requested at an alarming rate for their Korean concert. Amazingly, Day By Day hasn't completely fallen off the charts like I expected...it's still holding up. The best course of action would be to let it end on a somewhat high note for now and come back when the environment isn't so hostile towards them.

I honestly believe this.

Finally a smart comment from AKP:

"Let's think about this for a sec: Not only did they have to change the formations a bit to accommodate for two missing members, but they had to learn difficult rap lyrics (and the rhythm) in 10-15 minutes. This all makes complete sense to me. They would not have cue cards up for Hyomin and Eunjung if they had prepared in advance.

Eunjung and Hyomin would've had Hwayoung's raps memorized if they would've known in advance. There were GUYS HOLDING UP CUE CARDS for Hwayoung's parts!"

The tweets were posted on the day after Music Bank. They were talking about dedication and manners. It all fits together very well.

i really dont know what to believe, but it does sound a bit suspicious because MuBank did tweet a picture of hwa that day in a cast, sitting on a chair holding a mic? but she did not end up performing...also hyomin did tweet something about 5 mins before the live performance on Friday the 27th?

although it is possible that hwa didnt perform because of her health and not because she was throwing a fit...

i guess we'll never know.

I don't know what's happening... If Hwayoung had that bad personality why they are showing this just now...

I think it was a really bad decision to kick out her now, when the new members are joining...

If they continue to blame Hwayoung her carrier is over... In my opinion the other members are in danger too...

It seems like T-ara is just falling apart:(

no choice.

i guess no1 can help Hwayong now (even 6-ARA) expect the fans.

If this happen in china (LOL i nt frm China) but u will see big change.

the thing is that if fans do it and expect kks to change his mind, then i have a unicorn to sell to that person. Kks is not going to change.the only people hurt in this whole process will be the 6 members. the new 2 i dont know. they just started

The only way .... it´s they accept the truth and apologize with tha fans and Hwayoung accept there mistake etc etc etc... and leave Hwaypung take the decicion to back or not

what is this truth that you are talking about may i know? if your answer is bullying, then my answer is inconclusive. too much doubt and alternate versions that could have happened.

I'm not believing anything until any of T-ara or hwayoung explain all this farkery.

It would be great to hear the two sides of the story that matter. However with the people in charge we may be hearing just one very skewed version. The others being repressed or falling on deaf ears.

Here's something I stumbled on while on another site:

Japanese T-ara staff tweet continued: She was a new member and doing the shoot was unfamiliar for her so I was told to pay attention to her. I was treating her comfortably. Hwayoung didn't look like she had much strength. At that time, I thought "Is she nervous because she's a new member?" or "Is the relationship between the members not good?" After that, it seems like the relationship between her and the members didn't improve. –I don't understand how to translate this portion of the tweet-absorbed and how hard it is for nice people to survive in the entertainment business.- She was a very nice child. She was always smiling at the staff, was polite, and not fake. I’m worried that she may actually be too nice

Source: @kittychocola and http://forums.allkpo...hwayoung.19606/

what is this truth that you are talking about may i know? if your answer is bullying, then my answer is inconclusive. too much doubt and alternate versions that could have happened.

The sad fact is that even with all the new circumstances that have come to light (some more believable than others) a lot of people are going to continue to hold onto the bullying theory simply because it's what caught most people's attention in the first place. The damage has been done, I really don't think any amount of damage control from a spin doctor is going to make this go away.

The sad fact is that even with all the new circumstances that have come to light (some more believable than others) a lot of people are going to continue to hold onto the bullying theory simply because it's what caught most people's attention in the first place. The damage has been done, I really don't think any amount of damage control from a spin doctor is going to make this go away.

KKS shouldnt have let the situation go on for 3 days tbh..

It would be great to hear the two sides of the story that matter. However with the people in charge we may be hearing just one very skewed version. The others being repressed or falling on deaf ears.

Here's something I stumbled on while on another site:

Source: @kittychocola and http://forums.allkpo...hwayoung.19606/

have we got any independent confirmation on the fact that this was a japanese staff. Right now my brain is not registering anything as true. so please accept my apologies is this question bothers you ^^

I think kks badly misjudged the whole thing