[POLL] Bullying - True or Not?

ljk67

Bullying  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Was Hwayoung really bullied?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know what to think.

I'm not liking your post cause you agree with me [though that's just as cool], I liked it cause you're a Nana fan LOL. I'm just glad Hwayoung isn't going down without a fight. Nam Gyuri received similar treatment from KKS and she let them win. She never got the fans on her side like Hwayoung did.

This. XDDD

Yes, I really do think Hwa should debut as a solo rapper right now. Most of her 'fans' admittedly are just hopping on the bandwagon, but she could definitely ride the hype to a large measure of success. She should take advantage of this situation while she can heh. Also, Hwayoung's being pretty smart by not responding much, just simple tweets. She looks very likable, compared to KKS mudslinging at every opportunity and trying to look good about it. That turtleneck aint' flyin'.

Well, Nam Gyuri did try, I guess...just didn't really work out that well.

To be honest I saw some members not liking Hwayoung when she just joined group in some videos, because she was new face to already "kinda" popular group, but I never thought it would go this far. I don't know what to think because my favorite group can just end like this...

I believe hwa was isolated by the members in the early stages of her debut ... not sure about bullying but isolated for sure since she was still new and was not that important yet. I do not believe tho that most of the girls are pure ....

Jiyeon is not a selfless girl and at time quite selfish most likely because she is young when she entered the entertainment. During Heroes she liked to hog food which is not that serious but still shows that Jiyeon is a selfless person.

Boram bullying makes no sense whatsoever as shes prolly the most timid member in the group ... her lack of dancing ability makes her more sheepish because she thinks shes lacking ... Even hwa says that boram is not the best dancer ... Im not that boram biased but shes definitely out of the question for bullying ....

Hyomin ,,, i dont know ...

Qri has the chillest personality in t-ara i think ... she just smiles ... hahahaha

Soyeon as a leader she picks on EVERYONE ... not just hwa .. pretty sure about that ...

Eunjung ... i dont know either

Without a doubt Hwayoung's popularity shot straight up after day by day promotions .... its normal for a neglected girl (if neglected) to use her new found fame against the members ...

It sucks to see t-ara fall just because of tensions brewed up by a crap of a CEO .... when a person sleeps for 4 hours a day ... they will snap at every little xxxx .... Professional or not ... a packed schedule adds alot of stress to members which makes it hard for them to think properly ...

It's easier to egg on a timid person than someone who has more self-esteem and respect. I'm sure Boram went along just cause...didn't mean it but did so. Qri...just being Qri lol. I also have no idea with Hyomin. In IY, where I first saw her, she is super timid and surprisingly no different the second season. *insert Jackie Chan meme face* I'm just like Hyomin don't take crap from nobody you're from T-ara. But then when I see T-ara videos [Dream Girls, Hello Baby, etc.] she just becomes alive and full of energy. This day and night difference of her behavior around people made my opinion of her drop a tad bit. I still like her but the dual personality thing ain't so cool.

well, i believe T-ara. maybe i should say 6-ara?

despite all the stories and controversy, i'm more surprised with all queen's reaction, more precisely the ex-queen's. they don't have any single faith on T-ara. wtf.

Well , couldn't blame them . As you see , CCM are not really telling the truth . And we don't even know who's telling the truth . Only time could tell the truth :(

^

but the problem is they have following them, cheering them on music shows, watching them on many shows, keep saying "jiyeon unnie daebak, eunjung uniie daebak, t-ara daebakk etc etc", but when there's one scandal rise, they turn their back and say "T-ara b*****s, t-ara should die, hope karma will coming to them, etc etc" wtf, now i feel like all they said in whole this time is xxxx. i am not saying they should trust T-ara wholeheartly but at least please give some little faith on them. if they really don't like hwayoung there must be some reason and we can't judge them by only one side.

It's easier to egg on a timid person than someone who has more self-esteem and respect. I'm sure Boram went along just cause...didn't mean it but did so. Qri...just being Qri lol. I also have no idea with Hyomin. In IY, where I first saw her, she is super timid and surprisingly no different the second season. *insert Jackie Chan meme face* I'm just like Hyomin don't take crap from nobody you're from T-ara. But then when I see T-ara videos [Dream Girls, Hello Baby, etc.] she just becomes alive and full of energy. This day and night difference of her behavior around people made my opinion of her drop a tad bit. I still like her but the dual personality thing ain't so cool.

Eh, Hyomin was totally playing up to an image on Invincible Youth. Variety works by exaggerating things in real life. When Hyomin first joined Invincible Youth, she was with people like Sunny and Yuri (SNSD), Hara (KARA), and Hyuna (who created quite a name for herself despite debuting as the same year as Hyomin), so I'm not surprised that she was a bit of a pushover around them. They took that and exaggerated it for the sake of entertainment. Of course, in the second season, she had to carry that image over despite no longer being a rookie and her group being significantly successful. When it comes to T-ARA, well, she's one of the most popular members, one of the most well known, one of the more talented ones, and an original member, so it makes sense that she'd be a lot more vibrant and straight forward. One thing that's consistent is her desperate cries for attention though. I'm not saying this to hate on her, I think she genuinely is a bit of a loser and I find it endearing, she's my favourite member of the band and was one of my favourite females in K-pop, but IY reminds me that Hyomin is able to show different sides of her pretty naturally, and that it's not beyond her at all to be able to fake being buddy-buddy with Hwa on shows.

Um, right, the question. I'm pretty sure they bullied her, at the least, there was some isolation going on. But I'm not going to jump straight out and call them bitches -- even though netizens are all about that (digging up the past pics of Hyomin being a delinquent). We all know the kind of crap KKS pulls, we all know how much stress T-ARA goes through, I'm not surprised this happened. Instead of an environment that's about teamwork to pull through, it's about being the last one standing. They're in a battle royal-esque situation, and so what do they do? Pick on the weakest.

I think everybody forgets that all idols are trained to act - not in the sense that they can film a drama successfully, but in that they are very, very good at hiding what they really think. It isn't easy to portray an image successfully, and the ones who are completely real are generally labeled less than kind things. It is VERY plausible for the members to have been acting on on camera to portray themselves as perfect angels while being...different to Hwayoung.

But I agree with the above poster, people are overreacting way too much. This does not merit such a complete reversal, and I wonder if people are bipolar =/ I mean, I acknowledge that there was probably BTS stuff, but I'm still perfectly capable of continuing to support.

They're also taught to play to an audience. How else do you get teenagers to stand in front of a crowd of hundreds, maybe thousands and have them dance and sing when the average girl would prob have a heart attack from the stage fright. The training IMO is less singing and dancing as stuff like that you either have or you dont, but you can always build and refine social skills.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure most groups (especially ones which come from small companies) have animosity between them. The difference with most groups are, they hide it, and if they're smart they'll put it to the side because to succeed they'll have to work together. How are T-ARA going to do that if they're constantly being threatened. It's not a team thing anymore, it's an individual fight. I mean, it makes no sense for T-ARA to simply shun Hwayoung for the sake of it, or simply because she's "new" and they can. It's the mentality that they worked hard as 6 to get to where they were, and suddenly someone else jumps aboard. I'm not condoning the bullying, but it's easy to see that it's more than a case of T-ARA simply being flat out bitches.

Also look at it this way. Fans who simply observe T-ARA, watch them from their TVs, enjoy their success simply because they're fans, all hated the fact new members were joining. I mean, all that initial animosity towards Hwayoung, let's not forget that. Now, if the fans hate the idea of new members joining, then what about the girls themselves? Hmm.

About the team dynamic too, you bring up a good point about them being threatened. With KKS having that whole phase where he talked about replacing lazy members, that no doubt drove a wedge in the group too. It's hard to care for others when your own career is in jeopardy, and they were probably scrambling for lines/screen time.

Side note, rather surprised by the pole results. I thought the group that believed there was bullying was in the minority =/

Well, bye folks...sleep x_____x I lack it.

What I find really interesting is that 90% of the accusers are assuming that CCM/KKS's words are the words of the 6-aras.

Well they aren't. You ask why they do not speak up?

If 6-ARA tries to reveal the truth. They could/most likely will recieve a lawsuit from CCM for break some sort of agreement in the contract. Basically when you sign up to be an idol you pretty much give up your human rights IMO. At this point like I have already mentioned in a post in a different thread, even if the 6-ara members reveal the truth good or bad, their opinions will still be ridiculed by netizens.

i believe the rumour must be true in some level,,,because there wont be any smoke if there's no fire,,but still i won't blame either Hwa or T-ara,,,maybe T-ara felt like it was so unfair for them, since the 6 member already put their ass to made T-ara become popular at that time,,and since Hwa really luv her twin (who suggest her to join with T-ara) so she tried hard to mingle but since it wasn't enough (perhaps)

right now my concern is T-ara being bullied by Netizents,,,I'm still wondering if it's not really big deal why didn't Hwa saying something to public to defend the member?? was it too much for her?? I mean being with them for 20 months must be something,,,

But still I DONT BLAME T-ARA NOR HWA YOUNG....I DO BLAME CCM AND KKS that had great suck doing his job,,,the management should knew it and prevent it from the beginning,,,

So in the end I just wish both T-ara and Hwa will find their best way and leave CCM,,,coz KKS's words such a blabber thing that come out from drunken person as always....

No, I do not think any bullying occurred. Here are my reasons why...

The tweets that started this firestorm were made after the girls' performances at MuBank. If Hwayoung decided last minute not to perform, I could understand why the other members may have been upset, and why they may have questioned Hwayoung's determination. Does that make what they did right? Of course not, it was immature on their parts and they should have known better. Does that mean they were bullying her, though? No. The whole Twit conversation that took place looked more like they were venting their frustrations on the matter at worst, and trying to psych themselves up at best. I think Hwayoung probably misconstrued the tweets as being aimed at her, as did Hyouyoung, as did Tarae (Hwa's rapping coach). Remember, they don't live together anymore, so they probably don't correspond as much as they used to.

Furthemore, all of the alleged "proof" that has surfaced is nothing more than circumstantial evidence at best, taken from variety show appearances where, in some cases, the explanation is quite simple and quickly refutes that Hwayoung was the target of bullying from the other members. For instance, the video now making its rounds on the internet where the girls laugh at Hwayoung when she is chosen by a pedestrian in a contest can be refuted, as can Eunjung shoving the rice cake in Hwayoung's mouth, as can Boram allegedly destroying Hwa's umbrella, and Hyomin poking Hwayoung in the eye...the list could go on and on. I could explain a lot of this "proof" away, but doing so is another topic for another time.

To end this, I have no doubt that the group was having issues with each other, but the fact remains that nobody, not one of us, knows what those issues were. Furthermore, it does not mean that bullying took place, and quite frankly, I think that word has been thrown around entirely too liberally during this whole fiasco. Boram, Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon, and Soyeon not liking something Hwayoung did =/= Hwayoung being bullied.

I could be very wrong, but I just can't find it in my heart to believe they would bully anyone. I think they were all irresponsible, immature, and God knows they're stressed out and probably get on each other's nerves like crazy at times, but no, I don't think they were harassing each other any more than people would when you're constantly in close proximity with someone for extended periods of time.

I have to say that I'm not sure what I should believe here. And I think we will never know what really happened...

If Hwayoung was bullied, I'm truely sorry for her... But the only real proof we have are the tweets... Sure, these tweets were pretty nasty, but everyone makes mistakes...

The other stuff about the slapping in the face, about the rice cake and everything else, I think is exaggerated... You can find this stuff for every other girl group like SNSD or Kara, if you want to find it...

I really love T-ara's music and so I'm not okay with the current T-ara bashing. I mean, Jiyeon stripped online? And Hyomin was in an online group where girl to pretty messed up stuff? I don't believe this. This is just too much...

Personally I'm remaining neutral on this issue until there's some actual proof presented. Something concrete and with substance.

If I were to look at the situation in black and white then:

If Hwayoung's behavior was in fact a problem, and the rest of the group are not at fault, I'll happily continue supporting them.

If the other girls did indeed gang up on and systematically bullied Hwayoung, then I am done with the them, as I cannot support that kind of behavior.

Suffice to say, there's been problems within the group, and there quite possibly could be a grey area where all of them have been quarreling and things have escalated. Who knows...?!

At this point, I dunno what to think. I DO know that I won't be jumping to conclusions however. Statements released right now by KKS/CCM are just standard damage control and doesn't mean much in my opinion. Of course he's trying to save the group as a whole, as T-ara is a big cash cow for the company, and from a business standpoint he'll spin this to his own advantage.

It sucks that this is happening, but until we get a clearer view of the whole picture, I'll remain on the fence.

I think the answer is pretty obvious. There is no bully happening in T-ara. The girls are not retarded to display they are bullying a member through social network and let the whole world sees it. I bet they know the consequences more than anyone else who claimed that there are bully in T-ara and criticizing without giving much thought to the whole issue. If T-ara is going to disband soon, I will definitely be cursing those fake "Queens" who claimed they are, while cursing the girls without even knowing what is the real truth out there...to be honest, I dont think T-ara even need these people support at the first place...

Long post by you guys...D: I'll backtrack everyone's post later.

For me, I don't believe there's "bullying". I have been thinking for a while now and there's no solid evidence that they're bullying Hwayoung. But I can't deny there's definitely something going on with the members. I also think Hwayoung is somewhat isolated from the others but I thought most of us already know that before... ._.

And no, imo outcasted =/= bullying.

I do believe she was bullied, or at least mistreated.

As far as I understand there are three "main" options, of which all others are variations.

1. Hwayoung's behaviour was in fact the problem.

There is literally nothing backing the first option other than KKS' word, and KKS' word is worth nothing at all when his lies are throughly documented.

2. The girls actually bullied her, and then KKS threw her out even when she was the victim.

For the second option to be true we only need a single one of all those claims about how she was mistreated to be true. ONE. Afterwards it becomes a matter of how deeply or slightly mistreated she was.

3. Neither the girls bullied her nor Hwayoung's behaviour was a problem. Everything was a misunderstanding and nothing more, yet they implicitly accepted to sacrifice Hwayoung to save their own careers/images/whatever.

The third option is were the key to this lies. If both of the former options are false then this has to be true. And given the third option in itself constitutes a form of bullying or mistreatment...

So it is quite possible that regardless of whether or not she was mistreated before all this began she was, in fact, mistreated.