Diadem Forums

[12.07.31] Tony Moly, Daewoo Securities and Wild Roses removing T-ara's images from advertisements

nathaniel

[12.07.31] Tony Moly, Daewoo Securities and Wild Roses removing T-ara's images from advertisements

111208_rickej17.jpg

T-ara's advertisement deals are being shaken after the Hwayoung incident.

Core Contents Media's CEO Kim Kwangsoo revealed on the 30th that Hwayoung's contract with the agency would be terminated. After this, T-ara's agency as well as companies that T-ara are models or ambassadors have been flooded with phone calls, Internet homepages being spammed and calls for "product boycotting."

T-ara are models for the cosmetic brand Tony-Moly and their contract doesn't expire until the end of August, but they have decided they will not renew the contract. The consumer protest has begun and stores have decided to recall and remove all posters and images related to T-ara in their store.

Eunjung is a solo model for Daewoo Securities and they have also decided to replace Eunjung's image on the ads. Although her contract expires in the end of September, they have recognized the seriousness of the current situation.

Update: Despite their contract expiring next year in March, outdoor clothing brand Wild Roses did not reveal a position on the situation, but have removed all of T-ara's images from their site. " We also feel that the recent news regarding T-ara is unfortunate. Wild Roses always hopes for everyone's happiness" is the message that appears when you visit their homepage.

In addition, T-ara models for "Look Optical" and they have said that they are being sensitive about this incident and looking into it.

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120731n18962 / http://news.nate.com/view/20120731n22675

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

things get worst every hour.. breaking my heart so much

just... speechless to read every news about them. wondering what r they thinking right now? :(

why.. it;s all become disaster suddenly, when i really love Day By Day and waiting for sexy love :(

hwaiting T-ara... hope u can reflects..

They've work so hard on their images for the past three years, just to lose it all in a day.

I don't think I need to name the You-know-who that was responsible for the mess..

Fighting !! They will have it all back, their image, fans, everything !! As long you have determination and patience all these sponsors will ask them to promote their products again. We will always support you. Just be safe for now, T-ara :D

It's dumb how you guys are still supporting a group full of bullies, it makes you guys just as bad. Don't call other fans "weak" or "unloyal" you guys need to open your eyes and call yourselves stupid and retarded for trying to support them.

Go away hater. You're not a fan, just GO AWAY.

/Sigh/. It's okay T-ara. You guys had some good times together (minus Hwayoung). At least this happens now so you won't have to deal with two new members. Your happy little 6-ara that you wanted to badly is coming true. Okay, bad thing to say right now.

I do feel bad for T-ara now. It sounds like one of those typical Korean dramas; everything is so unrealistically dreary, everything is going horrible, nothing seems right, and it seems like it's never going to get better, only worse. Maybe the drama will end up happy. Hopefully no one gets amnesia or gets some rare incurable illness and has to leave for the states .___.

t-ara should stop being scared of kim kwangsoo and actually stand up against him. it's either they are too caught up with protecting their own career or they are just ashamed of admitting they did bully hwayoung.

i bet they wanted to speak up.. but KKS is repressing them because he wants his truths to come out, not theirs.. or else they wouldve tweeted or talk to the press about it already

If they say even the smallest thing the backlash could only turn worse...

I guess it's a good thing that KKS is already hated so much, making him deal with the press is moving more of the hate towards him and not as much on t-ara

Better the images get taken down than suffer criticism and descration. It's extremely unfortnate that so many contracts have to be suspended or cancelled over this, but since T-ara has a fanbase that is significant and is a solid group, I'm sure they'll be able to make up for all of this when it's over. For now, it's pretty much a flame war between Pro-Hwayoung's and CCM.