Diadem Forums

[12.07.31] CEO Kim Kwangsoo, "Hwayoung brought this upon herself"

nathaniel

[12.07.31] CEO Kim Kwangsoo, "Hwayoung brought this upon herself"

ch_1343775782_774624728_0.jpg

CEO Kim Kwangsoo sat down for an interview after the Hwayoung bullying scandal has reached a new level.

A ripple effect of scandals has followed T-ara since member Hwayoung's contract with the agency was terminated. "A back-dancer claimed Jiyeon slapped Hwayoung during practice," an Internet cafe with over 310,000 people has appeared demanding the truth from T-ara.

During this drama, Core Contents Media's CEO Kim Kwangsoo has sat down for an interview at his office. "We've gained serious damage and losses by bullying rumors (Hwayoung and the relationship between her and the other members). Minor conflicts between members is simply expected and human nature. Hwayoung's removal from T-ara is not due to bullying, but because a refusal to appear on a live TV music program on the 27th."

— There's been a lot of material regarding the things done against Hwayoung by the other members, such as force feeding.

"In every relationship that we have as humans, there's conflict bound to take place. After their debut, there's already been some bullying cases that surrounded Eunjung, Soyeon and Boram, but even then, it wasn't anything serious. Hwayoung's problem (now) is just like one of those. Because [Hwayoung] joined the group late, people must have thought that [she was experiencing] bullying; but Areum, [too], has joined the group late and she's not having a hard time. That rice-cake "force-feeding" scene only looked the way it did because of how it was cut."

— There's been stories surfacing that Hwayoung's sweet and courteous as compared to the other members.

"A rumor has spread stating that Hwayoung was slapped on the face during a dance practice and it spread before being confirmed. Through a police investigation, we learned the rumor was created by kids. These are just rumors."

— The comments in the press release saying "jealous younger members" and "small arguments" - what did you mean by these?

"In the other T-ara members' perspective, being the one who joined the latest (Hwayoung) and causing an issue was not something they wanted to see. Hwayoung's personality is tough and somewhat manly. [Therefore], living with the T-ara members was a little difficult for her. So of course, the other T-ara members will also have some problems with that because they're not able to adapt well with her."

— There was a statement said in the press release saying "Staff members complained about Hwayoung."

"Staff members are underpaid and are hurt by everything happening now also. A person who is close to Hwayoung even sent a message out of hate to a T-ara member."

— If there wasn't any bullying going on and Hwayoung's departure was brought upon by herself, do you have any other thoughts or evidence to reveal?

"[What happened] started out as something like a joke amongst young people and it's unfortunate that it was blown out of proportion the way that it did. But if people publish information [with no proper proof] whatsoever, that just causes more trouble to stir. T-ara will continue [to attend to] their schedules as planned."

Hwayoung recently posted an apologize to her fans and Core Contents Media family on Twitter.

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120801n02809

Translated by: Nathaniel + Elly @ Diadem

haist.... whatever KKS, just do everything to fixed this already will you?....

i want my girls to speak out, i know tons of people wanted them too.

I really disagree that they bully her. Yes it may seemed like she is been an outcast, but i think it is also due to her introvert personality.

OMG All I can hear is bla...bla...bla... :mellow:

On the other story he said that Hwayoung wanted to perform but the other members and staff prevent her to going on stage cuz they're worried about her... And now "but because a refusal to appear on a live TV music program on the 27th" **I'm Going Crazy**

I think you must hire a spokesperson for your Company really!!!

All of this getting more confusing---

I think the staff members are more mad on being underpaid than taking on the flames of stars .... just a speculation tho ... hahaha

LOL..LOL..

Hwayoung's removal from T-ara is not due to bullying, but because a refusal to appear on a live TV music program on the 27th."

Wait.... He says they removed her because she didn't appear on a single tv program.... that's like a job kicking an employee for missing 1 day out of 2 years of work....

Even if the other stuff he says are true, they have lied so much that I'm having a hard time believing anything they say.

There's been stories surfacing that Hwayoung's sweet and courteous as compared to the other members.

When they said this to you, why didn't you use this opportunity to defend the characters of the other girls and say anything about them being sweet and courteous as well? You completely deflected the statement by stating that you did an investigation of one case that you said that the police found to be untrue (the same police who came out and said that you never contacted them).

Hwayoung's removal from T-ara is not due to bullying, but because a refusal to appear on a live TV music program on the 27th."

So her contract was terminated because she refused to appear on ONE music program? Isn't this a bit extreme for someone who is injured at this time and has been seen using a crutches and a wheelchair to get around?

Through a police investigation, we learned the rumor was created by kids.

If this was done through a police investigation, why did the police department themselves release a statement saying that you never contacted them?

"In the other T-ara members' perspective, being the one who joined the latest (Hwayoung) and causing an issue was not something they wanted to see. Hwayoung's personality is tough and somewhat manly. [Therefore], living with the T-ara members was a little difficult for her. So of course, the other T-ara members will also have some problems with that because they're not able to adapt well with her."

What does her not being as feminine as the other girls have to do with her having a difficult living situation with the other girls? f(x)'s Amber is a tomboy and she gets along fine with her fellow members. And also, you just hinted around to the fact that the girls from T-ara had an issue with her because she was the latest member who joined and they didn't like the fact that fact that they were getting a new member as it was "causing an issue". You're giving people amo to assume that they didn't like her addition and that they could have taken this out on her through the alleged bullying.

"Staff members are underpaid and are hurt by everything happening now also. A person who is close to Hwayoung even sent a message out of hate to a T-ara member."

If you know that your staff members are underpaid, why don't you pay them a higher salary? It's really sad that you know they are underpaid and that they deserve more yet you didn't increase their pay.

"[What happened] started out as something like a joke amongst young people

If you knew it was a joke, why didn't you clarify this a long time ago instead of saying that it was hackers? You released a statement days after the tweeting incident so you had enough time to identify who the tweets came from and state it in your first announcement.

But if people publish information [with no proper proof] whatsoever, that just causes more trouble to stir.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. What proper proof have you provided throughout the statements that you released yourself?

T-ara will continue [to attend to] their schedules as planned."

Then why has all of the appearances been canceled?

oh gosh lets face it//this crap wont stop...lets just hope and pray for T-ARA and stop pointing fingers whos to blame...the damage has been done..lets just continue to love and support T-ARA ....all these things will come to pass...and will soooon forgotten,then lets just wait for a better and stronger T-ARA :P

"[What happened] started out as something like a joke amongst young people and it's unfortunate that it was blown out of proportion the way that it did."
He might be referring to the current story of Hwayoung being locked out of the waiting room before she threw her crutches.

While I really don't trust a word he says, this instantly brought to mind the incident Super Junior revealed, where they played a practical joke on one of the members right before they went onstage, but he took it really badly and was visibly upset throughout the performance.

I'm not saying it's anything like what is going on with T-ara. Just thinking out loud, lol.

i have said this a lot of times and ill say this again. this is the maximum we are going to get from the whole incident in terms of explanation. period. If anyone else is expecting more, i think you might have to curtail those explanations. THe next step might be a conference where everyone says kumbaya and hugs all.

At this point, all I can imagine is just see a swarm of people right outside CCM's building and cause a riot - and the police probably would feel hesitant to intervene, seeing how KKS even made a false statement about them. Who the hell in their right mind would want to say the police were involved when they weren't even contacted about the issue in the first place?

The guy must be smoking a whole tonne of crack in his office every passing hour.

Props to the police out there for speaking out the truth of their part.

thank gos there's this blog for all these T-ara updates. I can't stand comments on allkpop. People don't see two sides they only see one.

Anyway, I'm really really hoping this is all a big joke. please. I need to wake up from this nightmare.

Can Mnet fire KKS? please... :(

thank gos there's this blog for all these T-ara updates. I can't stand comments on allkpop. People don't see two sides they only see one.

Anyway, I'm really really hoping this is all a big joke. please. I need to wake up from this nightmare.

Can Mnet fire KKS? please... :(

It's all down to the board and the guys in CJ Group who can decide if KKS has to be fired or not. Mnet's parent company is a chaebol (CJ Group, as said above) so it's clear that they're not exactly independent.

But considering the extreme severity of the situation, it's only a matter of time before CJ Group might make their move. There's little to no doubt that they're extremely unhappy with the mess themselves, judging from the reaction from the public and how poorly KKS is handling it (well, more like trying to save himself).

So he knows staff are underpaid yet he doesn't do anything about it? I just can't stress how bad that sounds. Splashing out money for a new group without paying the staff of the current one, that's just silly. I mean didn't the new group even get a cf offer or something and turned it down? Just silly.

Right now it's hard to take anything seriously with so many contradictions. I feel like (and I'm sure that many others do as well) that unless the girls come out and clear things up themselves it will never feel resolved.

Just about everything points to poor management. Going back to earlier in the year when they released a statement about things like member changes, complacency, threat of member change and such. He knew these things might happen and it appears he prepared for this early on.

-a quote from Allkpop article Apr 5, 2012 CCM's Kim Kwang Soo releases official statement regarding T-ara's member additions

"He continued, “We will try even harder to make sure that no controversy arises from their greetings or attitude. If there is a member within T-ara who does not work hard and becomes full of herself, and as a result causes harm to other members, I will decisively exchange that member in question with a new member. That is the way that T-ara can go from being just Korea’s T-ara to a group that goes beyond Asia to stand at the center of K-Pop.”"

edit: after looking at this article's title once more "CEO Kim Kwangsoo, "Hwayoung brought this upon herself"" I can't help but feel bad after quoting the above.

Edited by ln91