Diadem Forums

[12.08.03] CEO Kim Kwangsoo to T-Jinyo: "Come meet with me"

nathaniel

Well, if they can do something like anti-bullying ads then at least they'd have done something productive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Korean government officials chime in on the whole controversy a few days ago? I'm just saying that that would probably be T-Jinyo's cue to focus on the government side of things as well. If a government official has time to stop and give a statement regarding the mess, they certainly have time to do something about it, especially if this has the whole nation up in arms and is gathering more publicity than the Olympics. But that's neither here nor there.

I agree that we should just wait and see what they do from here on out, and you're right that all organizations usually get off to a pretty bumpy start, but I just can't help but feel like they've made some pretty big tactical errors fairly early on in their campaign. I really want to see them take a more positive and productive stance in the coming months, and to be honest, when or if the truth comes out I don't want it to be because T-Jinyo wouldn't shut the hell up about it, I want it to be because T-ara as a group were granted the freedom to tell their story and are comfortable doing so. I'm still of the opinion that even if T-ara were to tell the truth 100% right now, it wouldn't matter if it wasn't in line with what they perceived to be the truth. In the meantime, though, I agree, might as well take the wait-and-see approach, although they'd probably have a lot more support if they changed the focus from wanting the truth from T-ara to removing KKS from his position at CCM.

The ads...well, since they currently don't have the resources nor funding to really pull that off and would need to rely on broadcasting stations for that to happen and make it somewhat of a success. They are planning to do interviews with all major broadcasting company out there so ads probably aren't in the game for a short-term run.

As you mentioned, they're still not in their most reasonable state(it's only been several days since the whole issue exploded) but they are bound to pull off something more calmer if given time. That I'm confident about.

As for the K-government....honestly, coming from a Korean's perspective here, a couple of officials chiming in isn't really much of a deal. Besides, the K-government isn't really seen in a positive light itself and with the presidential elections taking place in 4 months time, I wouldn't really count on them do pull off something noteworthy anytime soon - it's only stuff like Open World Ent. (where extremely malicious crimes are committed) when they really start taking things into discussion and last time I heard, they were still in the process of that.

Agreed that T-Jinyo could be a bit more patient about demanding T-ara coming out on their own though (as the members aren't really in any situation to be out since they're likely being c0ckblocked by You-Know-Who). While the chance that T-ara's own words could be seen as bluff by T-Jinyo is quite certain, again - the latter themselves need time to think more rationally and logically about the matter.

It would definitely help that they would shift their position towards KKS himself a lot more - that I fully agree with. Although the possibility is still there, since KKS obviously can't manage for sh!t and his PR skills are even worse than T-Jinyo - that is bound to bite him in the ass again and given how unforgiving K-netizens can be, the chances of using his previous statements against him can't be ruled out.

For now, observing is the best choice while fully recovering from the damage taken and cooperate with the K-fans as well - from my viewpoint, communicating with the K-fans to also communicate with T-Jinyo is worth a shot, depending on how the latter's road pathes out as time flies.

PS - I just read an article about the Japanese fans' reaction to the whole T-ara/Hwa issue at japandailypress and kpopstarz (dunno if the latter is credible, compared to AKP) and it seems like they too didn't take the news very well either.

Call me crazy but I think KKS knew that Tjinyo will reject the offer so he made it to make Tjinyo lose credibility from the netizens, hes cunning that way. Anyways....

I mostly don't agree about Tjinyo plight that they want the girls to speak since for now whatever the girls will say will only receive a lot of flack which would hurt the girls more.

Its better for them to be silent now and they can talk about it at a later date.

The ads...well, since they currently don't have the resources nor funding to really pull that off and would need to rely on broadcasting stations for that to happen and make it somewhat of a success. They are planning to do interviews with all major broadcasting company out there so ads probably aren't in the game for a short-term run.

As you mentioned, they're still not in their most reasonable state(it's only been several days since the whole issue exploded) but they are bound to pull off something more calmer if given time. That I'm confident about.

As for the K-government....honestly, coming from a Korean's perspective here, a couple of officials chiming in isn't really much of a deal. Besides, the K-government isn't really seen in a positive light itself and with the presidential elections taking place in 4 months time, I wouldn't really count on them do pull off something noteworthy anytime soon - it's only stuff like Open World Ent. (where extremely malicious crimes are committed) when they really start taking things into discussion and last time I heard, they were still in the process of that.

Agreed that T-Jinyo could be a bit more patient about demanding T-ara coming out on their own though (as the members aren't really in any situation to be out since they're likely being c0ckblocked by You-Know-Who). While the chance that T-ara's own words could be seen as bluff by T-Jinyo is quite certain, again - the latter themselves need time to think more rationally and logically about the matter.

It would definitely help that they would shift their position towards KKS himself a lot more - that I fully agree with. Although the possibility is still there, since KKS obviously can't manage for sh!t and his PR skills are even worse than T-Jinyo - that is bound to bite him in the ass again and given how unforgiving K-netizens can be, the chances of using his previous statements against him can't be ruled out.

For now, observing is the best choice while fully recovering from the damage taken and cooperate with the K-fans as well - from my viewpoint, communicating with the K-fans to also communicate with T-Jinyo is worth a shot, depending on how the latter's road pathes out as time flies.

PS - I just read an article about the Japanese fans' reaction to the whole T-ara/Hwa issue at japandailypress and kpopstarz (dunno if the latter is credible, compared to AKP) and it seems like they too didn't take the news very well either.

Well, I'm not expecting them to do anything like the ads any time soon, I just feel it would be nice if they used this opportunity to start planning out what they had in mind as opposed to screaming "We want the truth from T-ara!!!" The latter option is likely not going to happen because of T-Jinyo, if anything KKS will now keep even more mum on what really happened just to spite them. As far as the interviews go, I really, REALLY hope they choose their representatives-and their words-wisely. And that's if this stays a major issue much longer, from the articles I've been reading I think people are starting to get bored with the issue and are moving on. Not saying it still isn't an issue, I just think we're getting to that point where people are probably going to start rolling their eyes when they read or hear anything about it, as news that becomes oversaturated quickly grows old.

Admittedly my knowledge of South Korean politics is rather limited, so I'm probably not the best person to be commenting on that subject, and more than likely the official's remarks were a quick bid to get some voters lined up behind him since, like you said, election time is in 4 months. If your elected officials are anything like ours they usually make a lot of promises and talk big but rarely back it up with actions. Lol.

Yeah, T-Jinyo focusing all of their attention on T-ara is going to end up being a big error for them in the long run. Tajinyo was able to get so much leverage because Tablo was pretty much one man fighting the entirety of the mob...he had no label backing him up to help get this settled out, nothing. T-ara, on the other hand, has CCM, which while incompetent as fuq, has at least STARTED to make an effort at getting this under control. They made HUGE mistakes at the beginning of this scandal but over the last few days there has definitely been a change in the tides...whether that's actually CCM's doing or the public calming down and stepping back to analyze the situation is an entirely different question. But anyways, if they focused more on KKS in the long run, they'd probably get the majority of the Queen's fandom on their side, both internationally and domestically as pretty much everyone agrees that the major reason this whole thing has been blown out of proportion (and caused in the first place) was due to KKS's antics. Had he been a competent manager to the girls in the first place we probably wouldn't have had any internal issues to begin with, and even if it DID go that far had he known how to handle the situation better this wouldn't have become the huge massacre that it currently is. THAT'S the true culprit, and if they changed their focus to him, I'd be all in.

And I fully expected there to be a backlash in Japan from the mess, so that doesn't surprise me...I just wonder if it has been as far-reaching and damaging to their careers in Japan as it has been in Korea. From the looks of the articles on JDP it still seems like most of Japan's interest is still squarely on the Olympics, lol. Ultimately I guess we'll have to wait until they make a comeback to judge just how far back this has set them. Since this isn't a domestic issue I wonder just how much flack the girls will receive in Japan, and from what I understand bullying and ostracism rumors actually date back to earlier this year with the group, so this is already something they've expected for a while, meaning that the news isn't as "fresh" to them as it is to Koreans.

I think it's more BS from KKS. This is just his way to get them together in person so he can slap them with a lawsuit and criminal charges. We all know KKS is sue happy.

I agree with you. His intention with this meeting is not to prove their innocence, it was to get some people that he could specifically target to either sue, give hush money to (or get them to sing his praises for the right price), or threaten in a private setting. If he'd come out and threaten his own group and try to destroy the character of someone who worked for him publicly, what makes you think he won't try this with a group who is trying to bring him down in a sense and behind closed doors at that? Nam Gyuri didn't call him a devil for no reason and the fact that this label under this CEO has had similiar incidents to this happen (not to this extent of course because the other groups weren't as popular) in the past speaks volumes as to what kind of operation KKS is running.

Hi all..

All this got me thinking.. If KKS really really assured that no bullying takes place in T-ara

then I can only assume the problem lies with Hwayoung. If (a big if) the problems with hwayoung's commitment

to T-ara is real then maybe just maybe KKS is doing the right thing in not telling the whole truth...

Its just my hypothetical 2cents...

I agree with you. His intention with this meeting is not to prove their innocence, it was to get some people that he could specifically target to either sue, give hush money to (or get them to sing his praises for the right price), or threaten in a private setting. If he'd come out and threaten his own group and try to destroy the character of someone who worked for him publicly, what makes you think he won't try this with a group who is trying to bring him down in a sense and behind closed doors at that? Nam Gyuri didn't call him a devil for no reason and the fact that this label under this CEO has had similiar incidents to this happen (not to this extent of course because the other groups weren't as popular) in the past speaks volumes as to what kind of operation KKS is running.

This I fully agree with. Couldn't have said it better myself.

according to the update t-jinyo changed their mind in meeting with ccm and insisted to meet on our girls...though, kks could have solve it by making our girls clarified the issue rather than him making all the clarifications..but maybe, he thinks that t-ara still is very emotional right now that's why he is the one doing all the talk, if im right on that atleast he is really being a father/a friend to them rather than just their ceo..

but anyway, my opinion on t-jinyo was, days before their said protest they're so proud and but on their scheduled date they just backout like that, it just prove that t-jinyo's are just good with words but in reality they're just bunch of cowardly kids..

why can't they just stop, t-ara's fellow idols who had met and worked with t-ara supported them but t-jinyo and the haters who didn't even had a chance on meeting and working with them judge like as if they had been with t-ara..