Diadem Forums

[12.08.04] CEO Kim Kwangsoo public apology, "One misunderstanding lead to another misunderstanding"

nathaniel

As much as I'm surprised to hear about this, I can't help but think this could be another possible publicity stunt to some form of degree, regardless if he's learnt from this or not.

This is KKS we're talking about after all - and he certainly did not pull off any sort of apology to anyone when Nam Gyuri and 5dolls' Soomi followed a similar fate as Hwayoung did. What makes T-ara such a spectacular exception in regards to him apologizing? He's clearly lopped the top off others previously. He may as well be trying to regain whatever credibility he had was lost, if the timing is considered.

Until he's going to treat the girls better, start putting some serious reforms as WELL as listening to whatever complaints and demands the group has to their labor rights and the like, I'm not fully buying this at all. There needs to be more than just a simple public apology.

No, he needs to apologize to everyone. Not just the public, but T-ara as well for being the deep and sole root of this entire debacle.

He has much more to compensate for.

Haha I don't think anyone looks at the apology and thinks it's sincere. It's KKS covering his ass, as usual. :P

I dunno, I'd love to think that this whole case of deja vu has KKS really re-thinking his stance on managing idols...he's messed up so badly with SeeYa, Lee Hyori, SG Wannabe, Co-Ed School/5dolls, and now T-ara...T-ara's pretty much the last thing he will ever do that will be considered relevant, so even if it's just from a business standpoint, maybe he's realizing that unless he wants that to go bye-bye, he probably needs to swallow his pride and admit that he was the one in the wrong. But I doubt it.

I'd love it if he got down on his hands and knees and begged at T-ara's feet for forgiveness. It'd be so good for a laugh!

All I see is someone who is trying so hard to save his business and the kids he has been looking after for three years since their debut. What's so wrong about it? All of the things that he did is only to save his kids (T-ara). Even a panda would strive to hit anyone who tries to hurt her kids. People should stop bad mouthing others, as if they have made no mistakes at all.

the only thing that t-ara should apologize for is the twitter thing when they somehow vent their frustrations...anything beyonds that is all CCM's doing. The girls obviously don't have that power to vote to terminate hwayoung just because their is a conflict. If they have that power, they could have stop the addition of new members.

anyways i was watching star life ep 4 and it was heartbreaking to see the scene where they got scolded during rehearsal. I realized back then that no matter how popular they are, to CCM T-ara is just an employee..The girls don't have the power to decide. So if its true that hwayoung was locked out from music bank dressing room, i'm sure it was not the girls decision but the managers of ccm.

all i'm saying is, if there's someone to blame, its CCM...

i'm hoping T-ara will survive this if they will go through with the comeback this august 14...

even people said KKS cant handle problem.... i will said KKS really good at this

i remember about jiyeon scandal........now everthing is okay now..

and stop blame KKS....actually she not wrong.....he protect her idol....give her idol good image with let ppl bash him

you said KKS stupid or dont have brain......you are wrong.....he put her energy to make t-ara succes......if t-ara in this situation it because haters and netizen

kicked hwayoung maybe the best way...if hwayoung still in t-ara...we dont know how many time they will get this rumour again

hwayoung leve t-ara wont make any damage for t-ara.......the main of t-ara still here.....

sorry my english so bad

KKS didn't cause this mess, he didn't start the stupid rumors. Only provided vague explanations and people refused to believe ANYTHING that he mentioned. It was started by hater's rumors, spread by fools and believed by idiots after all.

And no matter what he says or Hwayoung OR even other people, haters just refuse to believe anything unless it fits into their "t-ara bullied hwayoung" scenario with their out of context evidence. I mean com'on T-ara may have outcasted Hwayoung or Hwayoung may have acted arrogant, no one knows the truth yet people just keep bashing all these people causing them so much sufferings.

While I do believe netizens and antis/haters have blown things out of proportion, KKS didn't say only vague explanations - no, he's made statements that completely contradict one another up to the point that he looked like a complete idiot who took the whole thing as a sick joke.

That is why nothing he says can be considered credible, regardless if the person reading or listening is an anti, fan or just your average Joe.

To generalize T-Jinyo (if that's whom you're referring to) under one umbrella of haters is also pretty far-fetched. Are you saying that over 300k people are hellbent antis? Fine, I might as well say every man, woman and child that fought for Germany in WW2 is a genocidal, racist, bigoted and gungho scumbag or that every religious person is susceptible to committing fanaticism and terrorism.

Haha I don't think anyone looks at the apology and thinks it's sincere. It's KKS covering his ass, as usual. :P

I dunno, I'd love to think that this whole case of deja vu has KKS really re-thinking his stance on managing idols...he's messed up so badly with SeeYa, Lee Hyori, SG Wannabe, Co-Ed School/5dolls, and now T-ara...T-ara's pretty much the last thing he will ever do that will be considered relevant, so even if it's just from a business standpoint, maybe he's realizing that unless he wants that to go bye-bye, he probably needs to swallow his pride and admit that he was the one in the wrong. But I doubt it.

I'd love it if he got down on his hands and knees and begged at T-ara's feet for forgiveness. It'd be so good for a laugh!

Ehhh, I'd beg to differ to some degree lol - some people's comments here seem to already think he's pretty sincere with what he's just pulled off. After all, Kpop as a whole is mostly composed of teenagers, whose judgement and rationality isn't exactly top notch (no offense to those who're at this age), as you mentioned before haha.

Optimistically speaking, yes, it would be great if KKS finally had some serious sense knocked into head but right now, it's still doubtful as you said. Money is his biggest priority, aside from that ridiculous pride of his after all (and what I suspect is young and beautiful women as well - he IS single after all....but that's something I try not to think about too deeply when T-ara comes into the picture).

It'd be definitely worth a thousand books and albums to see him bow in his hands and knees in front of the members too XD. Hell, it'd make its own spot of history for the textbooks for Korea's modern culture hahaha.

On the side note, it's also quite possible that CJ Group may have somehow discreetly 'persuaded' (may have threatened him with dismissal, demotion, transferring etc.) him to do this as well, since they've let him off the hook in similar cases in the past and that the magnitude of the situation is simply too immense. It would make sense they got involved quietly since a chaebol getting involved brings more attention from others.

Lol, nice job KKS. Create a huge mess, add oil to the fire until it turns into a giant bonfire, and then apologize. Without telling anyone a clear explanation of what the hell happened, still giving only one legit reason that's not really legitimate to kick out Hwayoung. Go ahead and try to sweep it under a rug; I, and others. can only dread what the future holds for you and your company.

Ah, well. At least he's realized what his lying and hypocritical ways do to his rep and will fix it. Hopefully.

I'm just really sad that, out of all the groups this had to be huge for, it was T-ara. They used to be in my top 3 ;A; but now all my friends have turned their backs and it's hard to persuade all of your kpoppin' friends...you'd have to be delusional if you really think none of this will effect T-ara. Hope they get back up on their feet soon and comeback stronger than ever ^-^

even people said KKS cant handle problem.... i will said KKS really good at this

i remember about jiyeon scandal........now everthing is okay now..

and stop blame KKS....actually she not wrong.....he protect her idol....give her idol good image with let ppl bash him

you said KKS stupid or dont have brain......you are wrong.....he put her energy to make t-ara succes......if t-ara in this situation it because haters and netizen

kicked hwayoung maybe the best way...if hwayoung still in t-ara...we dont know how many time they will get this rumour again

hwayoung leve t-ara wont make any damage for t-ara.......the main of t-ara still here.....

sorry my english so bad

I'm sorry but to say KKS's actions in the past few days were to 'protect' T-ara is just absolute fallacy. If anything, it was T-ara themselves that got the majority of the bashing instead, especially with his idiotic statements and he was more concerned with saving his own image.

And you say he's the only one who put his energy into T-ara's success? What about the support staff then? Hm? The managers, stylists, cameramen, drivers and everyone else had it much harder, especially since their wages are smaller by a considerable margin.

Do also note that T-ara had it far more harder than other idol groups out there to get to where they are - mentally AND physically. And who's to blame? None other than KKS and his ridiculous system. Working your own employees to the point of extreme fatigue and injuries while still piling more work on them is nothing but slavery.

2NE1 didn't even promote half as much as T-ara did, yet they're considered the only major rival to SNSD in terms of popularity. That goes to show that KKS's management is merely nothing more than a Battle Royale style - an unhealthy, extremely competitive and cutthroat environment that possibly not even currently popular groups may have lasted very long under without going through some serious crap.

It's good that he apologized but it won't change anything...

I'm just concern about girls... they have been in too much stress through this mess!!! I think they shouldn't have comeback in this mounth, it takes time for people to calm down, like Big Bang that it took 1 year for them to comeback...

I hope they be strong to start over and become more successful.

Ehhh, I'd beg to differ to some degree lol - some people's comments here seem to already think he's pretty sincere with what he's just pulled off. After all, Kpop as a whole is mostly composed of teenagers, whose judgement and rationality isn't exactly top notch (no offense to those who're at this age), as you mentioned before haha.

Optimistically speaking, yes, it would be great if KKS finally had some serious sense knocked into head but right now, it's still doubtful as you said. Money is his biggest priority, aside from that ridiculous pride of his after all (and what I suspect is young and beautiful women as well - he IS single after all....but that's something I try not to think about too deeply when T-ara comes into the picture).

It'd be definitely worth a thousand books and albums to see him bow in his hands and knees in front of the members too XD. Hell, it'd make its own spot of history for the textbooks for Korea's modern culture hahaha.

On the side note, it's also quite possible that CJ Group may have somehow discreetly 'persuaded' (may have threatened him with dismissal, demotion, transferring etc.) him to do this as well, since they've let him off the hook in similar cases in the past and that the magnitude of the situation is simply too immense. It would make sense they got involved quietly since a chaebol getting involved brings more attention from others.

I know, it's amazing how many people are so accepting of his apology! I dunno...from a business standpoint it was definitely a good idea to go ahead and apologize, but I want there to be some truth behind his words as well...I REALLY want him to apologize to T-ara, Hwayoung, their families, everybody, because he's made such a huge blunder of everything.

And yeah, I briefly thought of the possibility that CJ Group probably got involved and weren't too happy that they had to do so in the first place. The fact that he's changing his tune and isn't being so brash and arrogant in his decisions and actions definitely points to that being a possibility. KKS's future with CCM has probably been jeopardized much more than T-ara's, at this point. At least that's what I'm hoping. :P

well. i gotta give it to him. he is one persistent S.O.B.

1) "the TRUTH is overrated."

2) NOTHING'S WRONG WITHIN T-ARA AND NOTHING MORE.

3) "what I said, is what happened. what I don't say, is nothing you need to know."

when will this old geezer learn, nothing beats the truth. aish...

I dont believe kks completely after the past few days. but reading your comment esp part 3 cleary says you have made your own truth. and unless he says what you want him to say, you will keep saying the same thing "nothing beats the truth". If i am wrong abt this im sorry.

I'm sorry but to say KKS's actions in the past few days were to 'protect' T-ara is just absolute fallacy. If anything, it was T-ara themselves that got the majority of the bashing instead, especially with his idiotic statements and he was more concerned with saving his own image.

And you say he's the only one who put his energy into T-ara's success? What about the support staff then? Hm? The managers, stylists, cameramen, drivers and everyone else had it much harder, especially since their wages are smaller by a considerable margin.

Do also note that T-ara had it far more harder than other idol groups out there to get to where they are - mentally AND physically. And who's to blame? None other than KKS and his ridiculous system. Working your own employees to the point of extreme fatigue and injuries while still piling more work on them is nothing but slavery.

2NE1 didn't even promote half as much as T-ara did, yet they're considered the only major rival to SNSD in terms of popularity. That goes to show that KKS's management is merely nothing more than a Battle Royale style - an unhealthy, extremely competitive and cutthroat environment that possibly not even currently popular groups may have lasted very long under without going through some serious crap.

2ne1 is differnet....they from big 3 company of course ppl will know they........

if KKS treat t-ara like YG treat 2ne1...t-ara will not get succes

group from other company (not big 3 ) must worked 3 times than group from big 3 company if they want get suces like big 3

so like.. KKS isnt adding Hwayoung back into T-ara even though she apologized then? confusing o__o

let me explain to you about his point of view on 'apologies'.

1) he 'apologizes' for not handling the matter better, and for letting the people+fans+media came up with their own assumption.

2) he didn't really apologizes for bringing this upon the girls.

3) he didn't really apologizes for not telling the 'truth' about what happen within T-ARA because IF he REALLY APOLOGIZES for not telling the truth, HE SHALL TELL THE TRUTH BY NOW. because people didn't half-confess to mistakes they made.

4) he didn't really apologizes to Hwayoung. because if he DO, then it is ABSOLUTELY WITHIN HIS POWER TO STOP CCM/T-ARA 'REPRESENTATIVE' from slandering Hwayoung in recent interview, because he said initially, he wanted to 'protect' Hwyoung image as a celebrity.

5) what he really apologizes for is for letting the media portrays him as a Stalin-ish CEO, as to protect his 'image' as a cating CEO for the artists under his management.

so, all in all, he'll never take Hwayoung back unless Hwayoung really says, "yeah, it's my fault for acting like a diva" from her own mouth, not like "Hwayoung apologized to me in tears and regretted her action for refusing to perform on stage".

I'm just really sad that, out of all the groups this had to be huge for, it was T-ara. They used to be in my top 3 ;A; but now all my friends have turned their backs and it's hard to persuade all of your kpoppin' friends...you'd have to be delusional if you really think none of this will effect T-ara. Hope they get back up on their feet soon and comeback stronger than ever ^-^

I am sorry that you no longer are as supportive of T-ara because of peer pressure. I have cousins in their early teens that tease me for listening to k-pop; I don't care what anybody thinks. When I listen to them, I do it because I enjoy their music. True, T-ara will be affected by this controversy, even if the rumors are true. I will still support them because I believe in second chances. They have provided me 3 years of listening pleasure and I will continue to support all 11 members, past, present and future.

I dont believe kks completely after the past few days. but reading your comment esp part 3 cleary says you have made your own truth. and unless he says what you want him to say, you will keep saying the same thing "nothing beats the truth". If i am wrong abt this im sorry.

nope. actually, I'm making this comment in his shoes. means, I'm saying what he actually said to the press/what he actually means. hence, the " " in the comment.

so, IMO, he should let the girls+Hwayoung made their own statement. though by doing that, it might hurts the girls images, but then again, at this point they ALMOST got nothing to lose. I'm sorry for making this comparison, but this is what Jay Park did before. he spoke to the press, he left on hiatus, and he came back with fans' love all over again. if Jay Park can do it, all the while dissing the Korean (if you follow his situation before), then the girls got nothing to worry about.

I don't really believe in the bullying rumors. I just wanted the REAL parties involved to handle things and clear their name first hand. if you really look into what the Sajeungyeon and T-Jinyo after, they don't really want to hear a single thing from KKS. especially after all the lies he sprouted to the media. what they REALLY want, are for T-ARA to address the rumors themselves. that's the most effective measures, especially after all the messes have already reaches this point right now.

2ne1 is differnet....they from big 3 company of course ppl will know they........

if KKS treat t-ara like YG treat 2ne1...t-ara will not get succes

group from other company (not big 3 ) must worked 3 times than group from big 3 company if they want get suces like big 3

Just because they're from a label under the Big 3 doesn't mean they'll be always guaranteed absolute success and popularity.

You do realize that groups like f(x), despite being under the big dog of Kpop known as SM, did stall in popularity and that T-ara overpassed them in 2011, no? And what about Miss A? Yup, strong debut and immense popularity during 2010 but again, they stalled too and now rely heavily on Suzy to keep them relevant but even then, Suzy's popularity is only just big hype, much like Yoona's some years ago - and they're under JYP, another company under the Big 3.

Hell, SISTAR's agency isn't even anywhere close to the size of even CCM, yet SISTAR's managed to nearly match and rival T-ara's popularity in recent months while having what is seen as a much lower workload compared with T-ara. And at this point, they'll probably even surpass T-ara given the ugly storm that erupted in recent times.

You seem to be thinking 'success' means moving up higher in the popularity chain here. And quite frankly, success doesn't always mean popularity. That's like saying every small company is going to be a failure and that every big company is a guaranteed success.

why would he apologize ???

hmm... well at least he sorry for making t-ara and hwayoung get in into such a big triuble .

now anti must learn from their mistake . coz they recklessly pointing at t-ara fault .

this is not about t-ara only . this all about hwayoung,ccm,kks and t-ara itself .

the anti must stop their action now .

go t-ara . Fighting !!