Diadem Forums

[12.08.04] CEO Kim Kwangsoo public apology, "One misunderstanding lead to another misunderstanding"

nathaniel

LOL KKS finally you realize your own mistakes, i hope by these scandal he realize to be more careful in front of public and media.

but haters keep bashing T-ara and refuse to accept everything, they only want accept negative things and they will satisfy only if T-ara disbanded. seriously netizens really have no life especially people on AKP. disgusting.

T-ara don't lose to all retarded netizens. keep strong !!!!

For ppl seeking the truth... So if t-ara and hwayoung had a press conference and hwayoung admitted being a diva and acted rash..t-ara speak up and says yes this is exactly the truth hwa is talking about. Will it do hwa or t-ara any good for their future?? Ppl might start to say why would t-ara say this about their own member. And hwa probably got nowhere to go in the entertainment industry then.

Well well well he actually made a good call for once. I just hope thi is a sign of change in CCM way of doing things, truth be told this latest madness has more than proven that their way of doing things was just plain wrong.

I hope T-ara will have a good comeback and that hwayoung will be able to move on and have a succesfull career even though i'm still hoping she will return to T-ara.

Kim Kwan Soo, the only man that beats around the bush even in an apology.......

It would make a lot more sense to let T-ara talk for themselves. Lies can cover up temporarily but telling the truth will allow the public to recover faster and have a newfound respect for T-ara. But hey that's just me...

Wow, I didn't expect this. But I did like it a lot... there are some saying that nothing was explained, but this is a positive step. I think now is past the time for explanations... It would just add more fuel, and we don't need that. But the apology is a big step especially for KKS.

He admitted some of the guilt, I don't see why people are bashing him for this, honestly. As much as I don't like him, this was the right move now.

I have to agree. I think that people who are still demanding for the truth just wants more fuel to feed into the drama. The main thing is that it's an internal problem that's no one's business but T-ara and Hwayoung. Everyone just needs time to grow and move on from this experience. Let the recovery begin...

well u just need to tell us the truth

only the truth and nothing else

stop saying unreasonable things

I believe that won't make any change, even if he speak the truth no one can believe it. If he said as what people want, they will believe it immediately even if its not true.

well u just need to tell us the truth

only the truth and nothing else

stop saying unreasonable things

I believe that won't make any change, even if he speak the truth no one can believe it. If he said as what people want, they will believe it immediately even if its not true.

to all those who wants the girls to tell the truth i have only 3 things to say which have already been mentioned here

a) i dont think they are in a mental state to face the media right now

B) if they say the exact same thing as kks how many ppl would believe them

c) to force them to say the truth and keep asking for it is not right i think and makes their situation only worse.

the most we can do is keep supporting them and wait for them to say about it when they are comfortable about it. not whenwe want them to say it.

KKS didn't cause this mess, he didn't start the stupid rumors. Only provided vague explanations and people refused to believe ANYTHING that he mentioned. It was started by hater's rumors, spread by fools and believed by idiots after all.

And no matter what he says or Hwayoung OR even other people, haters just refuse to believe anything unless it fits into their "t-ara bullied hwayoung" scenario with their out of context evidence. I mean com'on T-ara may have outcasted Hwayoung or Hwayoung may have acted arrogant, no one knows the truth yet people just keep bashing all these people causing them so much sufferings.

Finally i found someone that have the same idea as me , hopefully :P , i just hate it when people blame everything on KKS for what he did ,not that i'm a fan of KKS

I don't know why...

But...

When I read this...

Suddenly something appeared in my mind...

I guess....

Kim Kwang Soo know what behind of this is...

Option of save only 1, He prefer to save 7....

So.... He promised Hwayoung to help her on Music Study and Left T-ara...

THIS is just come out of my mind..

I don't know why....

Sleep calls... But first, thanks FreakyFlyBri and Scatter_88mil for not "letting" me, like, not pay attention to this. That is, both of y'all being, like, taking the tack you did and talking about it in some detail.

Pros: It's handwritten, and takes the form of an apology. These give it an appearance of sincerity, especially after the heartwarming story about Hwayoung moving on (also mentioned in the closing parts of this statement).

The sorta-olive branch (peace offering) to T-Jinyo and others, add to the above impression.

The closing mentions his handling of the media in general and the problems he has caused in all this.

Cons: Pretty much everything. I'm tired, but piecemeal, and starting with the "pros" above... the numbering and order will be arbitrary.

1) Making an apologetic statement (with the above diplomatic showings of good will) cuts off a lot of the options the people holding him accountable. Not only will/have a lot of people taken it at face value - treating it as a humble apology - but they and many others are already getting tired of being swept up in all this negativity. It becomes very easy now to brand his "opponents" (for lack of a better way to put it) as agitators, more or less along the lines that have already been expressed in this thread - "What more do you want?" or "He said he's sorry *shrug*" or "You'll never be satisfied..." or "Why are you still making trouble?" Things like that, because the people who don't have much invested in this scenario just won't bother to look past appearances, and again, most of the people who did care at some point or another, really are getting tired of things and will look at this as sufficient progress in the right direction and go back to their lives (hah. I remember more or less advising people to focus on their daily lives before, I think? But uh, that was in a different context, right).

2) He apologizes at the end for "causing" a lot of misunderstandings and a lot of social interest over this topic. For "misunderstandings" we may go to the first part of the statement - "...there were many people who misunderstood what was said and lead [led? or "and this led...?"] to more misunderstandings..." So, he is apologizing for releasing statements that were misunderstood by many people and who in turn led to more (problems). Whichever way you read the translation (the part in the brackets above), he's only saying he's sorry for releasing statements that were misunderstood by other people. There's no mention of apologizing for what he's said, what he's done, how he handled it, and so on. All he said was, to paraphrase, "I'm sorry I caused some problems - that were caused when people misunderstood what I was saying."

To be fair, I have seen a translation where he offers an apology to Hwayoung, the T-ara members and their parents for the hurt they went through (and in the photo of the letter, it does say "Hwayoung" and "T-ara" at about where that line is). But then again, even that is still like someone saying "I'm sorry you reacted that way," or "I'm sorry things got like this." What it is NOT, and this is an important distinction, it is NOT saying "I'm sorry for what I did (to you)."

Nitpicking? Maybe. Maybe there's something about apologizing in Korea where things like this go over better than I'm interpreting them, but hey. Just maybe.

3) He say he "bows his head." At first, I was more or less willing to take this statement and be all "well, this is the best we'll get from him for now," and just go back to hoping the girls do more to challenge his authority in the future (that is, trying not to think about things too much). But bowing your head is, really, like, the least bit of bowing you can get away with and still call it a bow. I think it's even less than bowing... lowering your eyes. Which leads to...

4) He wrote this (expletive)-y little statement and shoved it out his mail slot for some intern to fax to whoever is responsible for releasing statements he doesn't think are important enough to make personally. No press conference, no interview, not even a public appearance to get this out there. Sincerity? Not even a photograph paper-clipped to the thing with his f...ace. And again, I don't know how you compose a letter in Korean, but there's no signature at the end of this. It's not even dated. I mean, as far as making statements go, I've seen more effort put into making vanity plates.

5) "I'll strive to be more careful and not as reckless in front of the public's eyes." Is this him basically saying he'll try harder not to get caught next time? Again, maybe there's something to the translation, but really. At best he's just saying he'll try not to screw up next time, which is far less than we could hope for.

Sleep calls and after not writing a word for more than an hour, I figure I gotta take that call. Was this of any use? Be good, folks.

is this the first time he apologizes? right?

i would say, "Thank you CEO" because at least you show us that you can actually eat your pride right now and admitted that you are kinda wrong. I hope you realize that adding new members to the popular group and removing a member who already had so much fans is really not a good decision.

I think he really realized that his popular group, who has brought him tons of wealth, is now under a hard time. It really all started with adding members for real. But I'm really afraid to admit that, though i really don't want to admit, because of this letter, it really seemed like T-ara image are really damage big time.

I wished that this will be one step to be a better CEO and for him to realized that caring to people around you is a must. I also wished that T-ara will regain their popularity step by step again and hopefully members need to at least clarify their posts not posting in a confusing way.

I believe that after this incident, T-ara will show us another side of them, and stronger and careful than before.T-ara fighting! ^_^

Just because they're from a label under the Big 3 doesn't mean they'll be always guaranteed absolute success and popularity.

You do realize that groups like f(x), despite being under the big dog of Kpop known as SM, did stall in popularity and that T-ara overpassed them in 2011, no? And what about Miss A? Yup, strong debut and immense popularity during 2010 but again, they stalled too and now rely heavily on Suzy to keep them relevant but even then, Suzy's popularity is only just big hype, much like Yoona's some years ago - and they're under JYP, another company under the Big 3.

Hell, SISTAR's agency isn't even anywhere close to the size of even CCM, yet SISTAR's managed to nearly match and rival T-ara's popularity in recent months while having what is seen as a much lower workload compared with T-ara. And at this point, they'll probably even surpass T-ara given the ugly storm that erupted in recent times.

You seem to be thinking 'success' means moving up higher in the popularity chain here. And quite frankly, success doesn't always mean popularity. That's like saying every small company is going to be a failure and that every big company is a guaranteed success.

it's different between succes and popular....

t-ara got succes but their popularity among int fans still lack compare to missa and fx...but they got more succes than fx and miss a

for sistar......it's called talent......we must admit it...sistar more talented than t-ara......sistar is like davichi.....little promotion but their song always hit and regonized by public...

every idol have different way to get popularity and succes.....T-ARA 2NE1 F(x)..they all different

I don't know why...

But...

When I read this...

Suddenly something appeared in my mind...

I guess....

Kim Kwang Soo know what behind of this is...

Option of save only 1, He prefer to save 7....

So.... He promised Hwayoung to help her on Music Study and Left T-ara...

THIS is just come out of my mind..

I don't know why....

yes......i think this is bussines.....of course he know who will give him more money

if i him...i will choose t-ara too

esp original, harmony, and soul of t-ara still in group

it's different between succes and popular....

t-ara got succes but their popularity among int fans still lack compare to missa and fx...but they got more succes than fx and miss a

for sistar......it's called talent......we must admit it...sistar more talented than t-ara......sistar is like davichi.....little promotion but their song always hit and regonized by public...

every idol have different way to get popularity and succes.....T-ARA 2NE1 F(x)..they all different

Last time I checked, Miss A and f(x) certainly were nowhere near close to T-ara's popularity this year, despite f(x)'s surge of popularity from Electric Shock - which can only be attributed from the fact that their comeback was long anticipated since they'd been inactive from the music scene since last summer. F(x) doesn't even have its own official fanclub yet and as said before, Miss A is heavily reliant on Suzy only to keep them relevant - actually, Miss A's situation is even similar to 4minute - one member gets everything, the rest get nothin' and are easily forgotten.

And T-ara? Little promotions? What the hell are you smoking? Dramas, variety shows, more comebacks than any other group this year along, tight schedules and long hours of practice up to the point they probably have the shortest hours of sleep/rest of all Kpop groups there - and you call it 'little' promotions? Sorry but that is just a complete insult to the work they've done with blood, tears and sweat. You've got a lot of guts to say they promote very little because it's the complete opposite of that.

And no, SISTAR is not reliant solely on talent, bud. They too had been promoting quite a bit this year - nowhere near T-ara's level, but enough to get them more known out there while even having the potential to take over T-ara's popularity at the same time.

Face it, pal - T-ara's way of success has put an excessive cost on their mental and physical health more than any other majorly popular idol group - and there's enough information to read about that. CCM's making them work like slaves and judging from your words, I'd even go as far to say that you're ACCEPTING that kind of inexcusable system of management.

someone wrote this on tumblr

Everyone wants the truth, but when they do tell the truth, no one believes them. Why? Because it’s not the truth that they want to hear. You all just want the truth that would benefit your side the most. You want your truth because you don’t want to be wrong for bashing T-ara as much as you did. No truth will ever be enough for you at all.

When people show this truth, no one wants to believe that they were wrong and they’ll come up with excuses to prove otherwise.

You can’t just blindly pick a side without knowing both side of the story. You all believed Hwayoung’s side, but when someone posts T-ara’s side, no one wants to believe it. Why? You were shown the whole truth, not just small part of a clip edited and posted as bullying. We just have to live with the fact that no truth will ever be enough for some people. No matter what you do, how you show it, how sorry you are, no one will care because it’s not what they want to see or hear. T-ara was successful before Hwayoung and I’m sure that they can become successful again with the support of their fans. Hwayoung learned to be an idol and a good rapper and I’m sure that she will be successful in the future as well.

I hope that netizens will stop pushing this matter more. I think T-ara,Hwayoung, their families and friends have already suffered enough because of this. If you really want to make a difference in life and prevent bullying, then go to schools, talk to kids, make organizations,ect. Just sitting behind a computer and making/joining T-Jinyo won’t do you any actual good in the cause that you want to help. They can turn T-Jinyo into an organization that helps prevent bullying in schools,workplace,ect. Make a protest for something actually meaningful.

I wish I could have been happy with KKS's recent decisions, but it's a little late for all of this. No one will believe him even if he's telling the truth. (which I believe that he is, after all these years)

Whatever the truth is, we'll never know. Lies fabricated by every side will conceal the real truth forever.

People wants to hear something that makes them happy, that's 'the truth' for them right now.

It's too late for the girls to come out and say anything. It's something that should have been done on July 30th or earlier.

I don't blame the girls because CCM prevent them from doing it, but they'll have to pay a lot more after this.

T-ara's rise to popularity isn't by talent, it's by determination and personality. People like them because they are humble and friendly. It' sad that this incident took out one of T-ara's unique points out even if the accusations was a lie.

Whatever happens, I'll support T-ara. At least CCM and T-ara have learn a valuable lesson. And KKS realized that he can't do anything he pleases anymore. I guess that's a good start. :)

this thing really need to cool down now..the truth is not the most important thing to do..i mean even if they tell the truth, people will still doubt about it..or the worst is they might think that it was all set from the beginning..just put yourself in their place..gosh..t-ara hwaiting..emm, it seem impossible for hwayoung to comeback with t-ara isn't right..well..just stay strong n healthy..be happy..today may bad but next time it will be great for sure..after rain, rainbow will come out..hehe..

someone wrote this on tumblr

Everyone wants the truth, but when they do tell the truth, no one believes them. Why? Because it’s not the truth that they want to hear. You all just want the truth that would benefit your side the most. You want your truth because you don’t want to be wrong for bashing T-ara as much as you did. No truth will ever be enough for you at all.

When people show this truth, no one wants to believe that they were wrong and they’ll come up with excuses to prove otherwise.

You can’t just blindly pick a side without knowing both side of the story. You all believed Hwayoung’s side, but when someone posts T-ara’s side, no one wants to believe it. Why? You were shown the whole truth, not just small part of a clip edited and posted as bullying. We just have to live with the fact that no truth will ever be enough for some people. No matter what you do, how you show it, how sorry you are, no one will care because it’s not what they want to see or hear. T-ara was successful before Hwayoung and I’m sure that they can become successful again with the support of their fans. Hwayoung learned to be an idol and a good rapper and I’m sure that she will be successful in the future as well.

I hope that netizens will stop pushing this matter more. I think T-ara,Hwayoung, their families and friends have already suffered enough because of this. If you really want to make a difference in life and prevent bullying, then go to schools, talk to kids, make organizations,ect. Just sitting behind a computer and making/joining T-Jinyo won’t do you any actual good in the cause that you want to help. They can turn T-Jinyo into an organization that helps prevent bullying in schools,workplace,ect. Make a protest for something actually meaningful.

i kinda half-agree to the article. but, about 'the truth' part, it is proven vital in this whole situation.

in every site regarding T-ARA's scandal, there will be comment that sounds like "only THE GIRLS know the truth." that's why, realistically speaking, KKS have no right to speak on their behalf regarding the truth. it's not that "KKS didn't reveal 'the truth' that we wanna hear". it's just that since day one this scandal started, KKS have lost the credibility to speak about the truth because he lied to the media+fans again and again.

I know, it is kinda harsh to force the girls to face the media right now, with their current situation and pressure. but, if they didn't address this problem themselves, this whole thing will not die down. their image are getting worse day by day. right now, they almost got nothing to lose. so, it's good for them if they handle the scandal first hand.

take Nichkhun accident. what he did, are far more worse than what the girls are accused of doing. but, JYP and Nichkhun himself immediately apologize, and addressed his problem in public. no delay, no lies, no representative. no more than 3 days, the whole thing died down. what the girls are accused of, are against themselves (within the group). if they honor the fans demand, and speak about this publicly, there's no reason for people+fans to hate them because the fans won't feel betrayed as of right now.

i hope, the agency will learn something REALLY VALUABLE from this scandal. the fans love are what makes the girls hardwork paid off. thus, don't betray the fans. even if the girls works themselves harder than a cow, if the fans didn't acknowledge them, it would meant nothing. so, respect the fans. let the girls speak. let them be heard. their 'voice' is what matters to us right now.

#SupportHwayoung, #SupportT-ARA

(I'm still using #SupportHwayoung + #SupportT-ARA hash right now because wherever you read, Hwayoung are now considered as 'former member of T-ARA'. it breaks my heart so bad, but I still have to accept it. good luck to them.)