Diadem Forums

[12.08.05] True or not, the public will only believe what they want about T-ara's bullying situation

nathaniel

[12.08.05] True or not, the public will only believe what they want about T-ara's bullying situation

20120805001838_0.jpg

"Tara-'s Hwayoung Was Not Bullied!" Written by Kim Yong Hyo, a reporter who has written many editorials on hot issues within the entertainment industry for the column [연예세상 비틀어보기]

T-ara’s Hwayoung never once mentioned the word “bullying.” And in reality she was not bullied. Netizens are merely creating evidence of bullying. (Those who seek the truth about such ‘bullying evidence’ please see the post http://thetaratruth.tumblr.com). Nevertheless, the public now believes “Hwayoung was bullied” as the truth. Why is this? Probably because from the very beginning, many believed in the rumour that there is bullying among girl groups in the entertainment industry. But some activists used what is claimed as ‘evidence’ to cleverly fabricate stories and to stir up the innocent and trusting public.

The first time I heard about the news of Hwayoung being bullied, I asked “So you’re saying that T-ara’s Hwayoung was bullied”? Because this it not the truth. Recently, I went with T-ara to their Tokyo Concert to gather information, and Hwayoung and the other members got along very well. Used in relation to her, the word ‘bullied’ is inappropriate. Born with a beautiful appearance to a relatively well-off family, she grew up lacking nothing. And also with her father’s vigorous support for his daughter to become an artist. (Personally finding his way to a large agency company for his twin daughters to become artists, and interfering with CCM with all his might, a father like this, if his daughter really was bullied, would he really stand by and do nothing?)

Of course, because young girls are grouped together in girl groups, issues of envy and jealousy will come up sometimes. (This is true not only with T-ara, but also other girl groups). But to part of the public who are on a witch-hunt against T-ara, these issues were not small conflicts, but collective violence. I can guarantee, such incidents did not, and could not possibly exist. But the public believes that T-ara members are bullies, without a doubt. Therefore, some of the members’ past and private life etc have also been dragged out into the public for discussion. Even more cunningly, netizens have packaged and claimed their actions on the internet as done to protect the victim Hwayoung from the other members’ violence and bullying.

T-ara is now fully wounded. But the cruel public continues to use their hatefully crafted products (i.e the ‘evidence’) to mock them. They truly see their own actions as legitimate and just. T-ara’s Hwayoung was not bullied. Even if there was conflict with Hwayoung, the level of intensity and strength compared to the bashing now done to Tara is not even one in a million.

The public only believes what it wants to believe. The more frightening part is that they will never admit or accept any rebuttals to the contrary. Their reaction to this article will probably be, “Oh, he must have received money from Kim Kwangsoo.” But this is not a rebuttal. It is the truth that those who hate T-ara never want to believe.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120805n15192

Translated via Chinese translations by: @kckclalala

The media tortures the thoughts of people during the day, and poisons their dreams during the night. T-ara has already fell victim to gutter journalism. It's going to be hard to convince the public with the truth, especially the blood-hungry Koreans. :(

The public will believe the media if and when they want to believe. For there are already a lot of other articles circulating around that defends them and with many more facts with some sort of base then the suppositions or lies we are seeing. But I agree that the media is generally trying to bash them. Witch actually makes sense because people pay much more attention and are much more interested in those kinds of story then in story were t-ara helps puppys. Sad but true, and it could have been any other group with the same reaction, t-ara was just unlucky. So yeah, most of the public don't care about the truth, they just want some scandal to talk/complain about.

a sad reality.... people are so subjective

They want to believe what they want to believe only... T.T

Whatever, at least there are still many Queen's out there ready to support T-ara. like me... ^_^

Hope t-ara still realize that there are tons of fans still here believing on them and that they just need to be stronger than before

Fighting~ ^^

It's really saddening to see that people can't stop picking on our beloved T-ara but I must admit, these people are entitled to their opinion and opinions are hard to sway. Bullying is an important issue for them and it's something they want to speak out about, to them, they believe they're protecting Hwayoung, T-ara, all victims of bullying. Their way of "love" is just different from ours. I'm just disappointed that T-ara had to be caught up in this mess.

Glad to see that the truth is circulating around now. I was about ready to write up an e-mail to allkpop why they haven't yet reported this and that they are clearly bias but I rechecked this article and noticed its only been posted ~30 minutes ago. I'll give it another 3 or so hours more.

Nothing beats Diadem, the admins, translators and the fans here are the best, thank you for always getting us the news fast and standing by T-ara, especially when they need it. :)

That's true but sad. This is one lesson and experience for T-ara to learn about how to deal with the media, society, fans, antis;and how they should solve their internal conflict between thmselves T-ara is really unlucky with this whole issue. I hope they all can get over thissoon, be happy again and stay strong. They have been through so much this past week. They have also suffered a lot :(. Wish that they knew there Re still fans like us here still support them and love them. And neitizens won't labeled them as "bullies" forever because they are not. They are just normal girls whose dream of becoming singers/actresses. They want to give the fans good music. Hope everything will die down faster. T-ara fighting!!!

And to my favorite,sweet,hardworking Eunjung fighting!!! I support you!!!

The worst thing about this is the ignorance of the fans.

I don't know why the witnesses of the bullying didn't talk about it until these days. Both teams have their supporters from industry.

I love Hwayoung, she is my bias. I'm with her. But it doesn't mean try to get T-ara disbanded. I can't call the other members: Hey! you're guilty! Because there isn't any evidence confimed.... I don't even know why Hyoyoung didn't say anything... they worked together in LD Zombie Version.. So, I guess that the problems started after that MV. All T-ara members and humans make mistakes. They can regret their actions if bullying existed. Whatever, I think that keep insulting them it's a type of bullying.

Think what you want, you are free~... Sexy, free and single ♥

There are people who say that supporting T-ara is Supporting Bullying...

Let's see. T-ara is a music band. I like their music, I like their songs, I think they're good at stage. So Should I stop listening to them just because they have problems? Nope, dears. Their real life is pretty different. Do you think that they're like they show in the TV? I don't think so.

Furthermore, There aren't any strong evidences that proves the bullying. We will never be able to know the truth. You have to think about it. If bullying existed, they'll never confess. The situation is out of control. KKS failed, a lot. He shouldn't have let the things go this far. He shouldn't have waited for 3 days until the announcement. And if bullying existed, He must have taken actions when it appeared.

Seriously guys, their real life is not their idol life. They have to live with strange people for years. They can't meet their parents. Obviously there are problems without them. They must fight a lot between them. Bullying is not such a good thing, but it's existence between T-ara members will never be proved or refuted. KKS will keep lying if it existed.

It's true that the public will only believe what they want.

The media tortures the thoughts of people during the day, and poisons their dreams during the night. T-ara has already fell victim to gutter journalism. It's going to be hard to convince the public with the truth, especially the blood-hungry Koreans. :(

We are here ... and we will do our best to support them ... even if those majority of Koreans won't ... We will have to double our efforts to fill this ... to make T-ARA feel they have us

Let's be honest. When we all heard the news we wanted to revolt and bash T-ara also. T-ara probably won't ever be the same. But we all need to come together. If this is the number one international forum why do we speak so badly about others. I myself apologize for my bad behavior. We need to stick together because trust me it's only going to get worse as time progresses. All I have to say is this. If I was T-ara, when my contract ends I would get the hell out of MNet media and consider somewhere like SM entertainment where if something happens a representatives lawyers assistant would answer any media related questions.

As much as I agree with this...how is this news? If anything, this is an opinion piece. I'm not trying to be funny; I'm honestly confused.

But one thing I'd like to point out - why do people insist on "hearing from T-ara"? You're obviously not expecting them to admit anything; they wouldn't be allowed anyhow. I fail to see why we cannot make our own conclusions, and people who say otherwise are trying to avoid what they do think.

Last I checked, any of the girls had the means to clear up the rumors themselves. Straight from the source. Instead they were kept unreasonably quiet by someone. Sure it happened over a period of a day or two but for us fans it felt like eternity to hear anything unravel about the situation. While we fans waited for clarification, netizens took this time to make their own conclusions out of the littlest of details, as some of us did too but time did nobody any favors. Even now I believe it's not totally resolved and honestly, much worse. KKS/CCM failed to address the issue in time and the damage is done.

The people that paid the price in the end were T-ara, Hwayoung and their fans. Nobody else really cares. Even if they directly bullied Hwayoung and ostracized her, a simple and quick apology would've definitely left the good in a better state than what they are in now.

KKS you dun f-ed up.

I think both sides are really taking their own beliefs a bit far too the extreme here - and from this, I mean the fans vs antis/netizens.

I've already seen fans here getting far too comfy with the debunking of the gifs and photos used by antis and netizens to defame T-ara, even as going as far to outright claim no form of bullying ever occurred - problem is, that a lot of that stuff is from stuff filmed in front of the camera - idols are expected to act fake in front of the camera and 90% of the time, you can't really believe everything what they say and do reveals their true selves. The 'evidence' used to debunk the stuff from the antis and netizens merely counters what the latter had used - it's as simple as that. It doesn't fully erase the strong possibility bullying and conflict occurred within the group behind the scenes. Not even a bit, for me anyways.

As for the antis and netizens along with the media, they're aiming and firing their weapons at the wrong people. If anything, rather than going lengths to bash T-ara, they ought to be going up against CCM and KKS instead, who are the real nutcases responsible for everything - even as early as 2010. Demanding T-ara to speak out is more or less not going to work for the time being and even so, they won't believe a word because the chances are that the girls would say scripted crap from You-Know-Who. Not from their own minds and hearts.

This is why I believe more communication between Int'l fans and K-fans needs to be a big priority and from that point on, possibly even with T-Jinyo. Both sides have a common enemy here - and that's KKS himself. Hasn't anyone thought that by now, KKS has simply gone way too far with his antics? It's a whole new level of low.

As much as I feel uneasy with having to deal with antis and netizens as a whole, I think it's worth a shot that talking out with them should be put into consideration here.

This isn't the time for getting in a war against them because KKS FEEDS from that kind of crap.