Diadem Forums

[12.08.06] Jevice's Jiae reason for leaving T-ara, "I wanted to try various music styles"

nathaniel

[12.08.06] Jevice's Jiae reason for leaving T-ara, "I wanted to try various music styles"

201208060954412410_1.jpg

T-ara's original member Hana (real name Jiae) debuted in the female duo Jevice.

In the past, she was confirmed as a member of T-ara with Eunjung, Jiyeon, Hyomin and Jiyeon and debuted with the OST "Good Person" for MBC's "Cinderella Mna". However, she withdrew for personal reasons but after three years of studying she is back.

Hana (Jiae) said, "Before I debuted, I was free enjoying different music styles and band live performances and also went to Russia to experience different music. Then, through a friend, I found out and prepared to audition for a girl group."

"I felt like being in a girl group would be interesting. I thought singers are also in groups, so I could join a group to continue singing. I dreamed to be a singer and even a girl group seemed fine to me," she said.

Continued by, "When the time came closer (to debut) there were restraints. I wanted to try a lot of music styles and show different colors, but I felt like the music we would do in the group was not what I wanted."

"When the group came out (T-ara) it was hard to endure because I was a kid still, I didn't know what the future would hold for me and it was hard to think about," she said, "Now that I'm in a group that focuses more on vocals and I can try various musical styles. It's fun and not what I expected. I'm free to do whatever styles I want."

The other member of the group, Juri, debuted as a soloist in 2009.

Source: Newsen

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

On a cold note...with the current situation going on, she couldn't have chosen a better time to debut. All the media attention and stuff, she'll be famous overnight -_-

This part: "I dreamed to be a singer and even a girl group seemed fine to me" seemed mildly...umm...I don't want to say insulting, but idk. A girl group really is pretty constraining in terms of music though, so she definitely makes a good point there.

But anyway, YAAAAAYYYYY for Jiae :D Will be following Jevice.

T-ara from the first place was meant to be a vocal-focus girl group too. I don't understand her saying that their music styles are different.

There are no girl groups at this moment are as creative and strive to try different concepts as T-ara....I feel confused...

Well, but anyway congrats Jiae for her debut :wub: BUT Why did she have to change name to Hana?? At first I thought she was a Japanese singer -_- hahaha...Jiae is a much better name...very unique and full of charms... :D

Im really happy for Jiae.Finally her dream to debut and do music that she likes,had come true.

We had been missing her for so long and finally we all get to listen and see her on stage soon.

T-ara and Jiae had really been working hard.All the best to Jevice^^Hwaiting!!

am i bad if i say i'm not interested about her..huhu..well, i know t-ara since bo peep bo peep..so, i'm don't really know about jiae n jiwon..i'm sorry..but hey, good luck hana..i will support you..hwaiting..i love to hear ballad song, that's suit her the best right??..i want to hear it..