Diadem Forums

[12.08.12] Video - Soyeon Chosun Media Interview

craZy

i know, right. all this while, me+fans are being optimist and thought that they were being supportive. but they admit it themselves that it was about Hwayoung indeed. so sad... :(

#SupportHwayoung #SupportT-ARA

Dun speculate please, wait till theres a

Translation. Unless u find a subbed video, no point believing in the gifs as they can be made by anyone without knowing an ounce of korean. Likewise, dun start spreading news that will cause more confusion here.

Really proud of her for stepping up first and being the leader... she doesn't shy away from criticizing her management for taking it too far by firing Hwayoung and even admitting that as a group of ambitious teens & twenties living together, of course there are fights and conflict but then you apologize, make up and grow closer.. It such a pity that she had the accident just after this difficult interview.

Anyway, allkpop has a partial translation... which actually has fueled comments from antis..

some fans wrote this

READ IT PLEASE ! Hwayoung had a manicure while other members were busy with Budokan concert rehearsal. That made other members upset. Mermber asked KKS to solve the conflict caused by HWA, but SY never expected KKS to kick HWA out of the group. SY was surprised. SY says all other members including SY that they are really sorry for the tweets which aroused the controvercy, but was no bullies... hwa was in Beauty Shop while other members were practicing Budokhan concert rehearsal.

soyeon blame herself because she can't feel what hwayoung felt as an unnie. :( it's really getting worse. but I'm so proud of soyeon unnie, because of her first way to take an interviewed after the big issues coming out. no matter what happens I will still by their side. by hwayoung's side too. because hwayoung was a part of t-ara :( I cannot hate them, hwayoung too. I can't...

and I cried all over time because of watch this video. you will be strong leader :) I know you can.

tumblr_m8npniE3l71rvedkto1_250.giftumblr_m8npniE3l71rvedkto2_250.gif

tumblr_m8npniE3l71rvedkto3_250.giftumblr_m8npniE3l71rvedkto4_250.gif

tumblr_m8nqbue3Ai1rvedkto1_250.giftumblr_m8nqbue3Ai1rvedkto2_250.gif

tumblr_m8nqbue3Ai1rvedkto3_250.giftumblr_m8nqbue3Ai1rvedkto4_250.gif

tumblr_m8nqbue3Ai1rvedkto5_250.giftumblr_m8nqbue3Ai1rvedkto6_250.gif

tumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto1_250.giftumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto2_250.gif

tumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto3_250.giftumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto4_250.gif

tumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto5_250.giftumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto6_250.gif

tumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto7_250.giftumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto8_250.gif

tumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto9_250.giftumblr_m8nr881Hzx1rvedkto10_250.gif

I think it's pretty unfair and it's not the right time to discuss this issue now, the interviewee which happens to be our soyeon is injured, we should instead be concern more about her well-being. It will be regretful if the translation of the interview get misinterpreted in one way or another and cause more problems.

It's not just Soyeon hurting, it's T-ara. Within the past few weeks, we had one member terminated from the group, the remaining members torched by media and management, members risking their individual activities [EunSoHyo and their dramas], one member in a serious car accident and lost a decent percent of fans and the rest confused and frustrated.

As someone who's more familiar with western music culture, an artist going on hiatus for months, years, even decade+ isn't so strange to me. So when the term "comeback" is used in Kpop for groups who released an album a few months before, I found that to be extremely ridiculous. With that being said now would be the time for T-ara to just ghost for a few months, maybe even a year. They need the break and management can use the time to reevaluate things for the better. Though it's nice, we don't need T-ara on stage 24/7. Us fan won't go anywhere or forget them.

I originally posted this somewhere else, but found it more suited for this thread. However when I deleted the original post, I forgot to copy the message lol. I think I covered most of it.

I do hope they come out of this stronger than ever. I'm a bit 50 50 when it comes to them having a come back. I wanted them to rest for a while so they could rejuvenate themselves after this disaster on the other hand i will miss them a lot if they go on hiatus. but whatever decision they make, the priority would be the girl's health. Hope they stay strong

T-ara Fighting!!! Soyeon Fighting!!!!

Thanks so much for the translations (still would be grateful for a full one though)...

Personally I feel her sincerity, she didn't try to spin a fairytale about how perfect the relationship between the members are, which is just natural since even loving siblings and best of buddies often argue, tease each other and even fight, it doesn't mean they hate each other or intentionally would like to hurt one another. It must feel like being stabbed in the back, when she saw so many 'fans' that she has sacrificed so much for, just turned their backs in under a weekend and actually create such editorialized lies..

She even was actually sorry that Hwayoung and her family got hurt with this whole ordeal and took some responsibility for the situation as an unnie and leader. That's not the easiest thing to do when people are calling you a bully.. I hope that this interview will at least calm the Korean public a bit, because she desperately needs some peace and quite right now to recuperate..

Finally, I found a thread that covers this interview video on our Soyeon. I found this online media article earlier recently here. And I found this translation more complete when I compared the these 2 together. I'm not even going to cover the other online media articles, due to their incompleteness.

This thread's translation, . . .

"I saw the clips the fans edited as evidence of us bullying Hwayoung. They left out a lot of details. There is context to those clips. And we ourselves saw those clips, and thought it looked like bullying. We were all so hurt by it. We were all so shocked. I'm not sure. I don't know why it appeared like that. At the time, we all thought that we were just joking around. I admit, the relationships amongst the members were not perfect. So I'm sure there were things that made Hwayoung feel sad or left out. And I'm sad that there wasn't more that I could do for her as an unnie. But there was a never a time where it got that immature. The messages we left on Twitter about Hwayoung were uncalled for, we know now. That became such a big issue. Everybody - us, our families, Hwayoung, her family, our staff - were all hurt by it. It really hurts to see all of them hurt because of us. It wasn't long ago when we were all just having fun in the practice room. And we were all crying together about how much we wanted to see our moms. Whether we were crying with joy or sadness, we were crying together. Whether we were crying with joy or sadness, we were crying together. I remember us just being loud and having fun together. It was so, so hard, but the only thing keeping us going was that we were together."

Here's the translation from that online media article I came across, . . .

"During recording for broadcast shows there are prepared situations that are created for entertainment purposes and parts that are hidden as well, but [the "evidence"] had been edited and posted in a way that anyone seeing them would have thought [Hwa Young was being made an outcast]. I was so shocked and my heart was pained. I really have no clue why they would choose to show things in that manner. We were merely just laughing and chatting together but I'm confused why they chose to show things like that. We're individuals who have just begun in society but for our young hearts, it was a difficult thing to process. No. Of course I believe there must have been things that she may have been disappointed about. If, until now, there has been times that I wasn't able to act as an unnie or disappointed her or unknowingly caused her pain, I think of it as very regrettable but I think there hasn't been any instances I intentionally acted maliciously or did anything that could have caused [my actions and words] to be interpreted broadly. I had absolutely no idea Hwa Young was being shown [as a loner]. In the one and a half years we were together as members we truly thought of her as a dongseng so, like the division of water and oil, that sort of thought never entered our mind. I think that's why this situation is that much more difficult and hard. I think the way the other members expressed their inner feelings in such a public manner was wrong. We are deeply self-reflecting on that aspect and because that became so broadly interpreted, the T-ara members, Hwa Young and our families are all continuing to receive hurt. How things have turned out is very difficult and painful. Until recently we were all practicing in the rehearsal room together and whether we were happy or sad we were together... [This issue] has been so difficult but it has been bearable as we have all been holding it in."

Interesting, no?

Our leader, she took all the blames by explaining everything herself.

She looks so tired. Aigoo, our t-ara, pity them :'(

Those people who were supporting Hwayoung, if she is really that good,

She should have came out and explain everything on her side,

Now that Soyeon has explained her story too.

But, why would her?

She enjoys all the worship from people.

The translations may differ a bit from site to site but I think the gists are the same... would be great if there is a Korean speaking Diadem that can verify.. still what is most important is how it is accepted by the Korean public in general.

Anyway, Soyeon has led the way and earn some peace and quite to heal, its now up to Hyomin and Eunjeung to stay strong and speak up during their interviews..