Diadem Forums

[12.08.13] Soyeon taken to the hospital after a major car accident

nathaniel

[12.08.13] Soyeon taken to the hospital after a major car accident

2012081401001181300099521.jpg

T-ara's Soyeon is in the hospital after getting in a car accident in the rain.

At 7:00 AM on the 13th, Soyeon was on her way to Busan to film for KBS 2TV's "Haeundae Lovers". Her manager was driving the vehicle and because of the rain, it was slippery and their car hit the side railings which resulted in the vehicle flipping over.

It was said Soyeon, a stylist and two other people were in the car. After the accident, they all were taken to a nearby hospital emergency room to get proper x-ray and cat scans.

An agency official said, "Because of a sudden storm, it became slippery. The managers are rushing to get down to the location currently. The vehicle overturned and the accident turned out to be a very big one. The paramedics arrived at the scene of the accident immediately and transferred everyone to the emergency room."

Following, "Thankfully, Soyeon has no big injuries but the traffic was being held up and the schedule for the drama filming had to be postponed for her to received a proper check-up at the hospital."

Soyeon plays Lee Kwansoon in "Haeundae Lovers", her first acting role.

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120813n04969

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Update: The car slid when braking and to avoid colliding with the vehicle in front, it hit the guardrail and flipped over.

The hospital officials said, "Soyeon strained her neck (the ligaments and muscles in the neck were stretched or possibly torn) and after receiving emergency treatment, she went back to Seoul since her schedule was canceled."

Soyeon was going to Busan to film for KBS 2TV's "Haeundae Lovers" and at the accident, she did not show any signs or complain of a neck injury but remains in an uncertain state.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120813n09408

Translated by: Nathaniel @ diadem

This really is a scary thing to happen. And it's really unfortunate that it happened at this time specifically when Soyeon and the rest of T-ara already have their minds full of things to worry about. At least it sounds like she'll be okay in a physical sense. Hopefully Soyeon can recover mentally and physically quickly. Also hope all the others involved in the accident will be okay.

Wow... the last two months are really just plain horrible for T-ara. I'm glad there's no big injuries and I hope it stays that way. Ah, I can't help but be completely afraid of what the results may be. I hope Soyeon will come out fully recovered and well. Soyeon, fighting!

Damn, it seems like T-ara as a whole has a serious load of karma >____>

First, they have a crazy ass as their CEO, Eunjung's leg injury during the LD promotions, Jiyeon unable to have her first vacation due to DH2 filming then 2 unwelcome member additions, severely overworked as usual, Boram getting acute gastritis, Jiyeon injuring her nose, Soyeon having a sore throat at DBD comeback, then Hwayoung leaving the group as well as the entire issue surrounding it, their image tarnished as a whole in Kpop and now this - that's a lot of crap happening since the beginning of 2012. What else could happen in the near future?

I'm no superstitous believer but I think it's safe to say T-ara has the biggest streak of bad luck out of all the major popular groups in Kpop out there :/

On the other hand, I don't see any mentioning of the other people in the accident getting hurt - are they possibly more unlucky?

Oh my God, I hope she really isn't injured at all, but when you read "the vehicle flipped over", you tend to worry about at least some injuries! I just saw her interview too, and teared up when the poor girl cried over this whole controversy. Things keep piling up on the girls this month this year.

A bit off point, but: KKS really is a horrible CEO, only capable of destroying his own artists, not protecting them. And it seems as though everyone under him suffers for it - including the staff (stylists, makeup artists, etc.).