Diadem Forums

[12.08.22] Eunjung's role in "Five Fingers" jeopardized because of issues with sponsors

nathaniel

[12.08.22] Eunjung's role in "Five Fingers" jeopardized because of issues with sponsors

20120822142308818.jpg

It was revealed that the decision about Eunjung's role in SBS weekend drama "Five Fingers" was due to a conflict over PPL (product placement).

There are problems that have risen since Eunjung is in the drama between SBS and the producers and an emergency meeting was called. One side says "nothing is decided for sure" while the other side says "she is not longer cast." The drama producers and SBS staff will continue discussions and come to a final verdict on Eunjung soon.

It was revealed that the reason Eunjung would possibly be leaving the drama is because of an issue with indirect advertising (PPL). The advertisers for the drama influenced the production side of "Five Fingers" after the recent member issues with T-ara were brought up.

The 2nd episode of "Five Fingers" received a 12.7% viewership rating (AGB Nielsen). The PPL sponsors are happy with the positive ratings, but are worried that the recent publicity around Eunjung can hurt them.

The broadcasters said, "The controversial issue of T-ara's member leaving and Eunjung being in 'Five Fingers' at the same time was mentioned ultimately promoted the drama. Although Eunjung might not hurt the ratings, people might not buy the products being advertised if she's there and it would be a waste in the PPL sponsors' eyes."

T-ara's agency has not yet commented on if Eunjung is leaving yet. Currently the drama's producers and SBS are watching this situation closely to come to a final decision.

Source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20120822142308191

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

My gut feeling was right after all. I didn't think that Eunjung would just leave the drama by her own will. From one point we all hope that a drama was made with the best casts possible, but that is often being shadowed by the business aspect of life. As long as Eunjung is not feeling down with the final decision, then that's all that matters.

/sigh... if Eunjung is not in this drama, i absolutely refuse to watch this drama. even if it has Joo Ji Hoon's return, i refuse.

i waited all this time to see this drama all because of Eunjung, but there's no point in me watching it. i was gonna be so happy that Eunjung, Hyomin, and Soyeon were all going to be in dramas all at the same time, but guess now it just might be Hyomin and Soyeon.

i really hope they didn't pull her. i was just about to watch it too >_<

idk to be honest.. i dont want her to be uncasted, but at the same time if she does then she would have less work to worry about..... i just hope that if she does get uncasted, she wont be to hurt by it /:

but i find it kinda dumb how Haueundae Lovers and 1000th man didnt mind keeping T-ara, yet Five Fingers is considering replacing Eunjung... kind of rude and stupid in my opinion

Those sponsors are so unfair. If people aren't going to buy their products doesnt mean its going to be Eunjung's fault. It can be because of their products quality or people just aren't interested. I feel bad for Eunjung, she's probably all ready prepared to film her very first scene for this drama and then this emergency meeting happens. Whatever the final decision is I hope Eunjung can stay strong and rest lots. Eunjung fighting!!

wow. So speechless I don't expect this due to T-ara bullying issue PPL think that the high rating of Five Fingers pilot weeks will affect the appearance of Ham Eunjung in the succeeding weeks. My heart is aching, angry.png I want to cry because of this reasoning, I won't watch Five Fingers if Eunjung is not in the cast,she is the reason why I anticipate this drama. So according to the article no confirmation yet. But I need to ready my self for the confirmation. Aigoo. I will be rooting for May Queen as well if No Ham Eunjung in the Five Fingers. Fighting Eunjung. :(

Everything just gotten strange....

MBC stopped WGM for WooJung w/ the reason of Eunjung's Five Fingers....

And now... it's reported that Eunjung is not longer the cast of this drama...

Something just gotten strange....

The key of everything is...

"If CCM hold a Pers Conference, and T-ara themself open thir mouth and resolve everything about those matters"

"I don't think that This will come more serious"

But now...

This has just got more and more serious...

actually, I believe everyone could smell it from the beginning when CCM wanted to add 2 new members....

Let's wait and see what CCM will do after this...

I am so disappointed. I feel so sorry for Eunjung. She must be devasted now. I mean, she looked forward to this role, this drama, and this could possibly save her career too and also reach her acting dreams. And now it's jeopardized. I also looked forward to this drama not only because of its music plot but also because it has Joo Ji Hoon and Eunjung who are doing their best to redeem themselves after their own respective scandals. And now Eunjung is hanging helplessly on the edge of the cliff only to be left behind by these sponsors who allowed her to slip and fall further. I feel so betrayed. I hope they regret doing this to Eunjung. :(

Eunjung, be strong! Fighting!

I saw Jin Sae Yeon according in the article of AKP, she MIGHT replace the role of Ham Eunjung in the drama but no confirmation yet according to Jin Sae Yeon and its agency. Waiting more news about this new heartbreak for Ham Eunjung.

guys please vote

NOMINATION: BEST KPOP FANDOMS..!!!

Vote Here now: http://bestofkorea.w....com/index.html

You can VOTE as many times as you want ..!!!

I already vote for Queen's and I saw the result and Queen's is really far from the other fandoms. T-ara Fighting.

If they are afraid that the good ratings this drama has been getting will drop due to Eunjeung's apperance.. I think they are hugely mistaken. Almost everybody and their grandma already knows about T-ara's issue & that Eunjeung will be starring in it.. yet they still watched Five Fingers. Let's see if changing the actress will actually boost or sink the drama... I for one won't be watching it anymore.

she needs to stay with five fingers :(

she's the only reason why i'm watching five fingers.

that's not fair soyeon and hyomin are still doing there shows why cant eunjung continue!

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

the entertainment world is such a bully :(

ima support eunjung no matter what!

I really wanted Eunjung in the cast and for the show to continue getting high ratings, that way the antis wouldn't get their way. I think if T-ara starts to lose cfs and dramas, it would be a lot harder for them to get more work in the future...but if they could prove themselves now then companies might be willing to take a chance on them again. I know people think it would be good for Eunjung to take a break but at the same time, I think losing this drama would just be another big hit to her morale....