Diadem Forums

[12.08.22] What happened in the 24 hours before Eunjung was dropped from "Five Fingers?"

kkyc222

[12.08.22] What happened in the 24 hours before Eunjung received news about her leaving "Five Fingers"?

At 5:36PM of the 22nd, SBS officially announced that T-ara's Eunjung would be leaving "Five Fingers". Until the previous night (21st), Eunjung was still practising her lines. To her surprise, in less than a day, she received news that she was dropped from "Five Fingers".

What actually happened within this day? Let's summarize what the drama production company, Eunjung, and Jin SeYeon etc have said.

At 4pm on the 21st, Eunjung and the writers met and had a discussion about the drama and the script. Dinner was had alongside this meeting which went on until very late. During the meeting, everybody encouraged each other and expressed their desire to make this drama a success.

Eunjung was scheduled to film her first scene for on the 22nd. She was originally scheduled to film on the 18th, but because her character Hong Dami appears from the fifth episode, her first filming was delayed until the 22nd.

On the after noon of the 21st, ChangWook joined later in the meeting and practiced his lines with Eunjung. In the drama, Ji ChangWook and Eunjung and Joo JiHoon are involved in a love triangle. ChangWook and Eunjung practiced their lines for 3-4 hours before separating.

As Eunjung was preparing for her first filming, something unexpected happened. The drama producers late into the afternoon approached Jin SeYeon to see whether she can join "Five Fingers". SeYeon expressed: "If Eunjung is leaving the show, I can appear in the drama." This means that while the writers and producers were encouraging Eunjung, at the same time, they were also approaching other replacement actors with the possibility of dropping Eunjung.

At 12pm noon on the 22nd, news about Eunjung leaving was released. Eunjung's management agency also felt surprised at what had happened within a day. Eunjung after seeing the news remained silent, and her management agency expressed shock.

Netizens have expressed displeasure at the way the producers and SBS have acted inappropriately, at how they gave an unilateral notice of termination when the acting contract had already been signed. Netizens have also expressed disappointment at the production company and at SBS for not fully discuss the situation with Eunjung before discussing Jin YeSeon's joining of "Five Fingers."

Original Korean Article: http://news.nate.com.../20120822n32081

Chinese KPopStarzArticle: http://chinese.kpops...-chenshiyan.htm

Translation of Chinese KPopStarz Article by @kckclalala

wtf?????!!!!!!!! if they want to drop eunjung, they should have done that earlier with further notice and addressing this issue professionally... not doing things abruptly and unprofessionally like this. smh. this is a contract violation, at the very least eunjung should get compensation for this. but even a compensation will not pay anything. eunjung has rejected other offers for this drama. and this is how they repay her. smh. :angry:

wow..in a space of 24 hours your life can really change..one minute you are practicing very hard and the next minute boom all your hard work suddenly blown away..the production crew are really weird..they are exactly the two face kind of people..

Can they at least check before they follow the flow? Why they have to treat jungie this way? Stop telling me the stuffing of mochi into Hwa's mouth incident. All I see is playing with her dongsang! D:<

Abondon Jungie? then I will abandon 5F.

Netizens have expressed displeasure at the way the producers and SBS have acted inappropriately, at how they gave an unilateral notice of termination when the acting contract had already been signed. Netizens have also expressed disappointment at the production company and at SBS for not fully discuss the situation with Eunjung before discussing Jin YeSeon's joining of "Five Fingers."

Well at least this is good, sort of

They're totally disrespecting and hurting eunjung. No matter what happens (T-ara case true or not), they cannot like this t her. Its none of their business, they must at least have th basic respect t tell eunjung before making any decisions like that. 8( upset

How unprofessional of them! Besides that's not how to treat a person. They should be ashamed of themselves. If it's about the scandal I wonder if they saw that Hyomin and Soyeon are having no problem with their respective dramas so why would it be different for Eunjung? Very very unprofessional. Eunjung stay strong, we love you no matter what! Fighting!!!!

This kind of case happened before to other actress as well....especially when the production team find out that particular actress can no longer benefits their show......in the past...some actress even get abandoned just like that on the filming spot......so this thing is not new anymore...korea entertainment world is so wicked.....pretty at the outside but rotten inside.........sigh

Oh well this was just it.. i am so not watching 'Five Fingers' anymore.. i love Changwook & want to support him but after what 5F production did to Eunjung i could no longer support them even if baby Changwook is still in the cast..

How the hell could they be so disrespectful to Eunjung?! The least thing they could have done was be honest to her & tell her DIRECTLY that they were replacing her not make her rehearse her lines then replace her the next morning.. Or better they should have replace her BEFORE the press conference.. Imagine how hurt Eunjung is feeling now.. i even felt betrayed how much more to her??

i know that it's all about MONEY & RATINGS,, so what i'm saying is atleast they should have done this way before the drama started airing & way before the press con & please atleast inform the person you're replacing.. 5F rating for the first 2 episode was really good actually (they were first on their timeslot) so they maybe afraid it'll go down if Eunjung appear..

what the hell is going on?? sorry to those who read this but i just can't hold it anymore,i hate sbs...and i hope this drama failure..rating always drop...sorry,they're really unprofessional.Eunjung already work hard,appear on press con..but still...sigh* they do this towards eunjung. Unacceptable....

korea entertainment is worse....really worse...sbs is worse than ccm i think sigh*

I am so disappointed with SBS and to think i always thought SBS was way better than MBC & KBS but i guess i am wrong..

Jin Se Yeon is currently really famous in Korea because of Bridal Mask and i get it why they wanted to get her because she may get BM fans after it ended to transfer watching 'Five Fingers' but i wasn't even that impress on her acting in Bridal Mask i actually think Han Chae Ah acting is way better..

Plus Bridal Mask is successful because of it's awesome story and because of JOO WON!!!