Diadem Forums

[12.08.22] What happened in the 24 hours before Eunjung was dropped from "Five Fingers?"

kkyc222

Ah okay i'm gonna post but i feel everyone here myself included had allready made their point. One thing though Dear deadbeats and so on at sbs and the sponsors(did i just say sponsors oh sorry i meant corporate scum) if you want to backstab somebody try looking at how many people got her back, because you just whamed a knife in her back in front of the entire Queen's, the good people here at Diadem and many others supporting T-ara.

Please folks do remember, these girls have an army their backs, all of whom may i add are your potential customers, your clients. If you want to make it in this industry don't alianate you clientelle.

I wouldn't say this is unprofessional, myself.

The job of those making such decisions is not to be nice people but to generate as much revenue as possible. If they believe Eunjung will reduce their revenue or have the choice to replace Eunjung for a girl that would bring more revenue this behaviour is not at all surprising, and T-Ara's position of weakness allow them to try and get away with things they wouldn't be able to otherwise do.

I am not a hater but it was T-Ara's and CCM's failure to do their own job which caused this, with everyone else just reacting to the enviroment such failure created. It may not be nice but it's still their job.

If anything they seem to have left the door open to change their minds if it is better for them to do so. We will have to wait to see whether or not the reaction is such as for them to reconsider.

The act itself is not unprofessional, but how they handled it was. I understand that if they predict Eunjung being part of the show would bring more harm than benefits to the show they can replace her. But why wait until now? And why don't be honest with her and make it clear of their decisions or doubts? Why keeping pretending that she would be part of the show when at the same time their are looking for a new actress? That's why this was unprofessional.

i guess those people have no brains!!

the stun that they just took might get worse ratings for the show...

i mean if the rating is really good... then i am sure it will stay on...

suddenly they pull this sort of stupid and immature move, i am sure it will get worse

and to hell with the sponsors... with no viewer, ghost will buy your products!!

It kind of brings to light how these companies in Korea handle controversy, which is not very well at all. All this panic over the bullying situation and now scrambling to remove Eunjung from the drama.

It's wild how in both situations, it was just handled the worst way possible. I just don't understand how this stuff keeps happening.

The act itself is not unprofessional, but how they handled it was. I understand that if they predict Eunjung being part of the show would bring more harm than benefits to the show they can replace her. But why wait until now? And why don't be honest with her and make it clear of their decisions or doubts? Why keeping pretending that she would be part of the show when at the same time their are looking for a new actress? That's why this was unprofessional.

Eunjung is not quite popular right now, and they can get away with being mean to her.

The way they did things gave them the ability to look for another actress for the role while still both benefiting from the scandal and having the option to let Eunjung stay or make her leave depending on how things did play out. And so far it seems they got away with it, which while unfair reinforces the idea it was the right thing to do from a professional (detached, cold, "it's nothing personal") perspective focused on efficiency and revenue.

Just to make myself clear I am not saying it was nice of them to act in such a way but that the maneuver itself seems well played. The entertainment industry is a hellhole, and we all knew that.

I wouldn't say this is unprofessional, myself.

The job of those making such decisions is not to be nice people but to generate as much revenue as possible. If they believe Eunjung will reduce their revenue or have the choice to replace Eunjung for a girl that would bring more revenue this behaviour is not at all surprising, and T-Ara's position of weakness allow them to try and get away with things they wouldn't be able to otherwise do.

I am not a hater but it was T-Ara's and CCM's failure to do their own job which caused this, with everyone else just reacting to the enviroment such failure created. It may not be nice but it's still their job.

If anything they seem to have left the door open to change their minds if it is better for them to do so. We will have to wait to see whether or not the reaction is such as for them to reconsider.

"To generate as much revenue as possible" - the hitch is, if that's all that goes on, independent of other values or ethics, then basically we have a soulless bunch of traitors who make a lot of money. If we think of politics as the game of power, then would we say that N. Korea has the best rulers because they stay in office for life and maintain absolute power within their realm?

I mean, this is kind of why they sign contracts and involve the law and stuff like that, because otherwise, SBS and so on would be free to do things like this on a whim, every time, to everyone. I mean, people do have a weakness for being self-interested - and that's why we have rules, legal, ethical, moral, what have you - but do you want to live in a world where we freely give in to self-interest all the time? I mean, it'd be like being (a guy) in a room full of guys and only one girl and you're all competing to hook up with her (and she's the only girl any of you can get).

Their behavior is not surprising, and is ultimately (easily) understandable, but I think they should be decried for this cowardly act - from the act itself to the manner of its commission. I mean, was there something in the contract that says "we can, at any time, terminate..." or something to that effect? Did Eunjung, T-ara or their acting agency violate the terms of the agreement somehow? I doubt there was the explicit clause, "if public opinion turns against you, or if our sponsors feel sufficient unease with your involvement, we reserve the right..." People try to get out of their commitments every day, but what makes it right and wrong, or, for those who quibble at those words, what makes it acceptable or unacceptable from case to case? Any PR failure on the part of CCM (or T-ara) may have had its hand in creating the current environment, but your apparent argument would also give a free hand to the online anti crews - those parties also just reacting to the situation at hand, if on a "volunteer" basis and not as part of their profession.

Don't mean to come down on you, but I do feel your statement has to be challenged.

I will give you this, though, your statements better apply to the advertisers than to the producers - their behavior also being unsavory in various ways but not quite the above. Whatever their agreement with SBS, its apparent that they did apply some pressure - otherwise, the only reason to drop Eunjung would be because some SBS official or producer didn't like her.

But "they..." I don't know how the industry works exactly, but would this be more the decision of the broadcasting company, SBS, or is it more on the shoulders of the producers of the show? Because I read someone talking about how SBS stuck with a drug scandal guy, and all, if it were the producer's decision it would help reconcile that apparent inconsistency (not that there aren't other reasons).

And the fanboy in me, maybe, says the fault is more CCM than T-ara - though if you really wanted to know, I feel like I have to hold T-ara somewhat complicit for (apparently) abiding by the company's policies. That, however, is only the apparent truth, I don't know how conflicted they are on a day to day basis with regards to their work environment, or what they do about it behind the scenes, but they appear to go along with things for the most part, whether from simplicity or defeatism or just not knowing what to do. But whatever the case, the greater burden of responsibility falls to the leadership - as a general principle, and not simply in this case.

And another thing, about the replacement actress, Jin Seyeon, and her "If Eunjung is leaving..." statement, Mr. Technicalities wants to weigh in on that one. I have no idea who she is, but her statement did come in a certain context, she wasn't just standing in a room thinking that to herself, it came as a result of their negotiations. So, potentially, they put it to her that they were considering dropping Eunjung, or were already in the process of doing so, and she says those words matter-of-factly, as an expression of her availability - "I am available for the role if it is open." So if she goes ahead and accepts the role - which she shouldn't, as a matter of professional courtesy at the very least, given that she was approached while the role was already filled by another actress - then she may be considered mercenary, but not necessarily an ambitious backstabber or what have you.

Okay, I just read your latest...

Maybe the issue is that the word "professional" also has a positive connotation, the idea being that if you were in business with them, you would approve of them dealing with you in this way. Words words. Anyway, I left the rest up just for the sake of posterity, if you can take a lazy joke.

Edited by Mongrolian

Guest rokwitu

The drama used to be a BIG-HIT with Eunjung, then now it seems to be the motherXXXXing bored... And Jin Seyeon-Backstabber xxxx! Get lost! Loser!! =.=

this is a really big insult and I can only imagine how down she must feel. they got her hopes up and im sure she practiced her hardest for this drama despite the problems revolving t-ara. Eunjung. i hope you cry it all out in one night and get yourself back together asap. there's still plenty of chances to display your talent because many people out there is waiting to show their support.

A Chinese fan’s thoughts about Eunjung and Five Fingers…

From Ham Eunjung Baidu, written by 总攻后宫数不尽

Link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1811121205

English Translations by @kckclalala

Things have already happened for almost a month..in these days, almost everyday, there have been bad news and unfavourable reports, but regardless of other people’s abusive words, all the pain, all of their misbeliefs, we still chose to believe that the sky will be bright again, that things will eventually pass…as long as we can overcome this once more. But right now, I am starting to feel lost, the damage has already been done, can you really return to the Ham Eunjung of the past, the one who loved to smile?

“Firstly, I believe that there are many who anticipate Five Fingers, so to avoid anymore negative influence, I will, with my greatest strength, try my hardest. Regardless of whatever drama, I will work differently from other people [and work to my greatest ability]. For all the sunbaenims and writers here, whether actors or celebrities, I will work with a careful and cautious state of mind; work hard and then strive and fight for everyone’s satisfaction. I hope everyone will anticipate this greatly.” Oh, how ironic these words are. A few days ago, this child faced enormous pressure and attended Five Fingers’ press conference, regardless of how nervous or how difficult it was, she used her greatest effort to hold back her own emotions, just to help promote the drama and to not bring any more inconvenience to the cast and crew…Yesterday, she was still practicing piano and her lines for shooting. Filming had not even started, and she had already given so much, but for all her efforts and hard work, what did she get in return? Just only a damned phrase “dropped from the drama”?

This world, how unfair it is.

Ham Eunjung ah, what did you actually do wrong? Why do you have to suffer so much? Just because of an edited video clip, just because netizens and reporters have blown the “bullying incident” out of proportion, just because you have an incompetent president, just because of your one sentence, one action…and everyone is now destroying little by little, your many years of hard work, the achievements that you’ve made out from your years of hard work…As expected, there is no fairness in this world.

I rather that you had asked her to leave the drama when everything first happened, instead of giving her hope and expectations before kicking her to the bottom of the valley. After using her, then abandoning her, ha, you really know how to add insult to injury. Yesterday there was still news of Eunjung to paticipate in her first filming today, but today you made her leave the drama. Korean dramas use a live shooting system, and you’ve already aired two episodes. Eunjung was supposed to join from the fifth, so this means that the fifth episode has not yet been filmed, and yet you air two episodes per week. Which is to say that the replacement actress has less than two weeks to study the script and to film. I don’t believe producers would take such a big risk, when nothing has been confirmed yet…the T-ara incident was not a recent piece of news from the past two days. Advertisers, producers, and even SBS…everyone had already known about it. When the issue was debated most hotly and vigorously, you said that you will not replace her, but when things are finally settling a bit, you say that you are replacing her? Do you people all like to play spontaneous games? Because today I feel that you will not bring me negative press, I will support you. Because today I feel that you will bring me negative press, I do not want you anymore. Maybe tomorrow because you can’t find an appropriate replacement, so you will want her back again? To step on someone who’s already fallen, how scary is human nature? Really I don’t lose anything from not watching your drama as I was only following Five Fingers from the beginning because of Eunjung anyway. Now that I’m not following it, I can even spend my time better, read some novels and do more of the other things I want to do…Thinking about it, this may even be a good thing for me. But what about for Eunjung?

Do you not have a bit of heart? If you had used her when she was popular, I don’t blame you, but using her when she was already down, using her to create more press coverage, I really can’t stand it…When I see all these news about her, images of her crying always float into my mind. To suffer so many blows one after another, even the strongest person would break down, and in any case Ham Eunjung is not as strong as she looks…To what extent do you want to push them till…? They’ve lost their popularity, they’ve lost their endorsements, and now Eunjung has lost her drama as well. You must all be satisfied, right? Happy, right? Then can you let up on my T-ara, let up on my Eunjung now?

Really, now I do not have any extravagant hopes. As long as you are well, as long as you can be like a normal person and eat well, sleep well…then we fans are happy and satisfied.

If you have never accompanied your idol during his or her most difficult times, you will not understand how I feel.

If you have never truly liked a celebrity, then it is more likely you will not understand how I feel.

A person can change a lot because of love, he or she can change for the better or for the worst. And Ham Eunjung, because I love you, I have become more understanding of the ways of the world. The way I perceive things have become more mature as well. Because of you, I have learned to be a filial daughter…Really, you’ve taught me a lot, so Ham Eunjung, to be able to meet you, like you, and love you, it really is my blessing and the happiest thing in my life.

Lastly, I hope with all my heart that you can comeback with a smile. No matter how long we have to wait, as long as you don’t give up, we will be by your side, even if we become bruised black and blue, we will not retreat. We only hope that we can stand behind you and be your strongest support and backing.

I want to say, Ham Eunjung, I love you. Not too much and not too little, but just a lifetime’s worth of love.

ENOUGH WITH KEEP SILENT!

I have enough! Korean netizens and medias seem to forget the most important thing in the spreading of Hallyu Wave, INTERNATIONAL FANS! They ignore our opinions and they don’t even care about our feeling right now.

If netizens, broadcasting companies, drama production companies and medias play a ‘dirty games’ to destroy t-ara when there is no solid proof in this bullying controversy so as fans, we need to step up and also play a ‘dirty games’ against them!

We don’t want Eunjung to return to the drama that kicked her like a pair of old shoes after only using her to promote the drama but we demand an apologies from SBS and the drama production team to Eunjung!

Since we can’t give any effect to the drama rating when it aired in Korea, SBS and other broadscasting companies need to know that we, international fans will boycott the drama so no need for them to sell the copyright of the drama to our countries broadcasting company/tv station because we will never watch the drama!

The advertiser companies also can sell their product as much as they can to Korean but they can just forget about targeting a international fans to buy their products! Tony Moly??? What’s the xxxx is that? I only know the brand after t-ara become their model and now they act like they are the famous cosmetic brand in the world. I will never buy that shitty products!

Please post a comment that demand an apology from SBS and the drama production team to Eunjung!

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow

https://twitter.com/sbsnow

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/5fingers/ (I will post the instruction to register later)

K-netizens and K-Media really need to know, they are not only killing T-ara girls right now but they also slowly put the end to Hallyu Wave! We, International fans just sick with all the xxxx created by netizens and spread by K-media…

Only this time, I ask you to reblog my post and please be more active to post the comment on the wall/board to show your support for Eunjung.

hyotheleader tumblr

'The Thousandth Man' Hyomin Fallout Impossible

29236.png

Internet is currently buzzing with requests for the firing of T-ARA’s Hyomin from her MBC fantasy sitcom, “The Thousandth Man,” and the production crew released an official statement.

“The shoot began before the controversy broke out, towards the end of June. We understand that people are requesting that she be taken off the role but we’ve already completed up to 6 episodes of the total 8 that we will be filming. It’s impossible to take her off the project.”

This comes as a consequence after news reported that T-ARA’s Eunjung was taken off her role in the SBS drama, “Five Fingers.” After the release of this news, viewers are posting on the discussion board, requesting that Hyomin be taken off as well.

An insider close to the issue said, “Hyomin is having a really hard time on set as well. Because she’s getting so much criticism from the press and people, she’s finding that it’s hard to concentrate on her acting.” Word is that the cast and crew are trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible as they continue to shoot the sitcom.

However, it’s not just Hyomin who is receiving the aftermath of Eunjung’s departure. T-ARA’s Soyeon, who is appearing in KBS’ “Haeundae Lovers” is also being criticized and audiences are also asking for her to be taken off the role as well. It seems that the T-ARA controversy and its aftermath have yet to disappear in the minds of viewers.

hyotheleader tumblr

'The Thousandth Man' Hyomin Fallout Impossible

29236.png

Internet is currently buzzing with requests for the firing of T-ARA’s Hyomin from her MBC fantasy sitcom, “The Thousandth Man,” and the production crew released an official statement.

“The shoot began before the controversy broke out, towards the end of June. We understand that people are requesting that she be taken off the role but we’ve already completed up to 6 episodes of the total 8 that we will be filming. It’s impossible to take her off the project.”

This comes as a consequence after news reported that T-ARA’s Eunjung was taken off her role in the SBS drama, “Five Fingers.” After the release of this news, viewers are posting on the discussion board, requesting that Hyomin be taken off as well.

An insider close to the issue said, “Hyomin is having a really hard time on set as well. Because she’s getting so much criticism from the press and people, she’s finding that it’s hard to concentrate on her acting.” Word is that the cast and crew are trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible as they continue to shoot the sitcom.

However, it’s not just Hyomin who is receiving the aftermath of Eunjung’s departure. T-ARA’s Soyeon, who is appearing in KBS’ “Haeundae Lovers” is also being criticized and audiences are also asking for her to be taken off the role as well. It seems that the T-ARA controversy and its aftermath have yet to disappear in the minds of viewers.

Making Eunjung leave so then she will appear in the drama ? So 'professional' , this people are doing so much things behind her back not letting Eunjung know. Just merely 24 hours and she was removed without an explanation , like there was nothing that happened ... This is the real cruel side of the world with greedy people

WTF! I just got home from work and rushing to see the news about t-ara and hoping that Eunjung would stay for Five Finger's, but my heart is aching when I saw the news that Eunjung kicked out in the drama. I will definitely stop watching Five Finger's since I started to watch the 1st and 2nd episode. I hope that five finger's rating will drop, I'm not against with Jin Sae yeon, but she should be ready in bashing with the netizens because of the sudden replacement of the role. And for SBS, shame them for doing this to Ham Eunjung. Ham Eunjung be strong, Queen's are here for you and to T-ara. T-ara Fighting.