Diadem Forums

[12.08.22] What happened in the 24 hours before Eunjung was dropped from "Five Fingers?"

kkyc222

ENOUGH WITH KEEP SILENT!

I have enough! Korean netizens and medias seem to forget the most important thing in the spreading of Hallyu Wave, INTERNATIONAL FANS! They ignore our opinions and they don’t even care about our feeling right now.

If netizens, broadcasting companies, drama production companies and medias play a ‘dirty games’ to destroy t-ara when there is no solid proof in this bullying controversy so as fans, we need to step up and also play a ‘dirty games’ against them!

We don’t want Eunjung to return to the drama that kicked her like a pair of old shoes after only using her to promote the drama but we demand an apologies from SBS and the drama production team to Eunjung!

Since we can’t give any effect to the drama rating when it aired in Korea, SBS and other broadscasting companies need to know that we, international fans will boycott the drama so no need for them to sell the copyright of the drama to our countries broadcasting company/tv station because we will never watch the drama!

The advertiser companies also can sell their product as much as they can to Korean but they can just forget about targeting a international fans to buy their products! Tony Moly??? What’s the xxxx is that? I only know the brand after t-ara become their model and now they act like they are the famous cosmetic brand in the world. I will never buy that shitty products!

Please post a comment that demand an apology from SBS and the drama production team to Eunjung!

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow

https://twitter.com/sbsnow

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/5fingers/ (I will post the instruction to register later)

K-netizens and K-Media really need to know, they are not only killing T-ara girls right now but they also slowly put the end to Hallyu Wave! We, International fans just sick with all the xxxx created by netizens and spread by K-media…

Only this time, I ask you to reblog my post and please be more active to post the comment on the wall/board to show your support for Eunjung.

Please post here on how to register, i want to say something for Eunjung. Please. Thank you.

Oh my God... Doesn't this mean that they stab Eunjung's back?

They are searching for other actor while Eunjung is still practicing and doing her best for the drama?-_-

Isn't this mean abandoning Eunjung?

I will not watch this drama unless Eunjung is there-_-

Totally disappointed with the drama crews.

In soompi there's an article titled;

“Bridal Mask” Production Team Not Happy With Jin Se Yeon’s Decision To Join “Five Fingers”:

"In the middle of the shocking decision to choose currently airing KBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “Bridal Mask” female lead Jin Se Yeon, who is still shooting for the drama, over T-ara member Eunjung for the female lead role in drama “Five Fingers,” it has come out that KBS is not happy with such a decision and cannot understand such a decision.

On August 23, “Bridal Mask” drama producer Lee Geon Jun said that, “It is ridiculous and unheard of for a mini-series drama female lead, while the drama is still broadcasting, to be splitting her time appearing in another drama.”

The “Bridal Mask” drama production’s concern is that as the two dramas’ shooting schedules overlap, at a critical point in shooting, the busy drama “Bridal Mask” might suffer some harm."

Having two drama shooting at once in Korea seems a handful, I don't want to see this as apersonal greed in Se Yeon, but I guess Se Yeon's agency is an ambitious one. I hope this new star won't become another victim of K-entertainment like our Eunjung >.<.

Please post here on how to register, i want to say something for Eunjung. Please. Thank you.

i can't post it here but you can just comment on facebook and twitter okay...the link you already know right

Eunjung is not quite popular right now, and they can get away with being mean to her.

The way they did things gave them the ability to look for another actress for the role while still both benefiting from the scandal and having the option to let Eunjung stay or make her leave depending on how things did play out. And so far it seems they got away with it, which while unfair reinforces the idea it was the right thing to do from a professional (detached, cold, "it's nothing personal") perspective focused on efficiency and revenue.

Just to make myself clear I am not saying it was nice of them to act in such a way but that the maneuver itself seems well played. The entertainment industry is a hellhole, and we all knew that.

Sorry, but I think that when you redeem someone as a professional you expect at least a ethical job. Sure, they played the best cards they could. But those moves where unethical towards the ones involved, so I can't call it a professionals move, but a move of opportunists trying to benefit the most from the situation regardless of who they should shove to achieve it.

"If Eunjung is leaving the show, I can appear in the drama."

If that statement is translated properly then I can say that Ji Seyeon is one hell of a greedy person. Seriously? Does she need to say If EUNJUNG? And wow to SBS! I hope Five Fingers will flop. >.<

T-ara controversy for the first time was given in an opened discussion on Echannel aired on 23/08. With the participation of 14 journalists from different sections as: sport, ent, economy….. All of them have agreed that it was not T-ara fault but netizens. They gave their POV that netizens have destroyed T-ara image and called this is a “step back” of Hallyu wave

Cr: t-aravn.net

I HATE THIS BULLYING STUFF..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could they do this..??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NAPAKASYADO NIYO..!!!!!!!!!!! HINDI NIYO NA INISIP YUNG NARARAMDAMAN NG T-ARA..!!!!! TAO DIN YAN..!!! SUMOSOBRA NAMAN NA KAYO..!!!* Sorry for speaking in Tagalog.. I just couldn't take it anymore.. What they are doing to our T-ara is just TOO MUCH..

The Thousandth Man PD's Twitter Translation [23082012]

hyotheleader:

tumblr_m97fxo9xrA1qfuhrd.png

To drama producers, issues of production sponsorship, PPL etc are no doubt important, but to tamper with the drama’s plan for these issues is not the way. A production that succeeds relying on despicable things, is very muddled. Although the production sponsorship for The Thousandth Man is zero ㅠ I will not give up. Money is something that you will have when you work harder.

ENG TRANS by (@
kckclalala
) via Chinese trans by
@hameunjungbar

Wow, I'm so mad right now. How could this happen? She signed the damn contract, went to the press conferences, learned piano and cooking. Geez, this is just making T-ara look so bad. This is gonna cause some serious damage to all of the members' acting careers. The future looks so grim. Even if they do come out with a comeback at the end of the month, I have this bad feeling that they will be out shined by that other girl group whose name rhymes with T-ara who just made their comeback today. Argh! I'm so frustrated. Just venting right now.

T-ara controversy for the first time was given in an opened discussion on Echannel aired on 23/08. With the participation of 14 journalists from different sections as: sport, ent, economy….. All of them have agreed that it was not T-ara fault but netizens. They gave their POV that netizens have destroyed T-ara image and called this is a “step back” of Hallyu wave

Cr: t-aravn.net

Thank you so much about the info. Please let us know any news regarding t-ara and esp in Eunjung's recent issue. Thank you.

Sorry, but I think that when you redeem someone as a professional you expect at least a ethical job. Sure, they played the best cards they could. But those moves where unethical towards the ones involved, so I can't call it a professionals move, but a move of opportunists trying to benefit the most from the situation regardless of who they should shove to achieve it.

Which is exactly what is expected from a professional in their role, as modern executives are expected to be detached, cold, and efficient, and maximise profit regardless of morality or ethics: Their jobs depend on it, and their careers depend on it, and their professional lives depend on it, and their personal lives depend on it. This is what it means to be professional in such an enviroment, and any other attitude would be deemed as amateurish and irresponsible.

Now, about it being opportunistic we should not forget corporate business is a highly hostile and predatorial enviroment, and predators are inherently opportunistic: Most pick their prey based on weakness and vulnerability as such behaviour is conductive to survival, which is something predators, executives, and corporations are all quite fond of. And regardless of our personal feelings towards T-Ara we should not forget it is, was, and will always be a corporate product and tool. While I feel bad for them I can't really get all "righteous anger" over this: They did choose to play the corporate game when they became idols, no one forced them. The most naive fans should use this chance to open their eyes to the enviroment they are implicitly supporting by being consumers of those products and deciding whether or not is it better for them to keep their distance from now on.

In the end we can discuss ethics and morality all day long yet a single truth will remain unmoved: This is the reality of the corporate world, and this is the devil they willingly signed a pact with to have their chance at fame and stardom. It was such a devil before, it is such a devil now, and it will be such a devil tomorrow. And now they have to play by its rules, as it is not our definition of professionalism they have to cope with. It is the corporate world's.

That is the same corporate world that gave us T-Ara's happy times. The corporate world that published the records we love because it was profitable to do so, the corporate world that produced TV Shows we love because it was profitable to do so, the corporate world that endorsed them because it was profitable to do so. Without it T-Ara would not exist to begin with. Raging about it is quite hypocrital.

Instead, let's just hope, or pray, for them to find a way to play the corporate world so that they can make a glorious comeback and be seen as profitable once again. That is the one thing that can truly save T-Ara.

But this is going quite off topic already. Let us not do so any further.

Maybe the issue is that the word "professional" also has a positive connotation, the idea being that if you were in business with them, you would approve of them dealing with you in this way.

This is the key, I believe. If I were an investor, a creditor, or an actionist this is the kind of person I would like to do business with. An executive that puts morality or kindness over profit is a liability in the corporate world, and few would want to have dealings with them. They are in this for the money, not to realize young girls' dreams.

One could say the best executives are those who manage to keep the profits growing while being fair and moral, yes, but we do not have access to the insider information to truly pass such judgement.

I believe my point is that the executives who decided this are not supervillains plotting in underground lairs, they are a bunch of suits doing their jobs and reacting to the changing enviroment created by the scandal's fallout in the way deemed proper by the principles their corner of the world holds dear: They are protecting the interests of their investors, creditors, actionists, and, to a lesser extent, employees. And their own as well: There are thousands beneath them waiting for them to slip to take their place, and there are hundreds above them waiting for them to slip to remove a danger to their own position.

And as much as we love the girls we should not forget this whole situation is the result of T-Ara and Core Contents Media not doing their own jobs to begin with.

Okay,from a netizen standpoint,what I have noticed so far is K-netizens(majority) are bullying T-ara.And this xxxx sbs intends to join them as well.The whole incident is just too horrendous and ridiculous.

Thank you so much about the info. Please let us know any news regarding t-ara and esp in Eunjung's recent issue. Thank you.

As I have said,K-netizens are too busy to bring down the rivals of their biases,they should have realised that they are just digging their own grave by burying their artists.Yes,it is indeed a good initiative to spread the hallyu wave /sarcasm.

I don't get it. Their scandal happened almost a month ago so why couldn't they drop her earlier if they were that concerned about the backlash.

Congrats KKS, you are no longer alone in being the poster child for horrid decision maker(s). You have some people joining you in that category.

If that statement is translated properly then I can say that Ji Seyeon is one hell of a greedy person. Seriously? Does she need to say If EUNJUNG? And wow to SBS! I hope Five Fingers will flop. >.<

I think there's some misunderstanding here - Jin Se Yeon did after all, star in the same movie as Eunjung did (White, back in 2011) so it is possible she felt oblidged to take over Eunjung's role perhaps? Jin Se Yeon is no stranger to Eunjung.

Besides, Jin se Yeon is in the middle of filming for Gaksital/Bridal Mask already and juggling 2 dramas isn't something anyone can do so easily or without making so much thought about it.

Which is exactly what is expected from a professional in their role, as modern executives are expected to be detached, cold, and efficient, and maximise profit regardless of morality or ethics: Their jobs depend on it, and their careers depend on it, and their professional lives depend on it, and their personal lives depend on it. This is what it means to be professional in such an enviroment, and any other attitude would be deemed as amateurish and irresponsible.

I also don't see them as supervillains and understand the whys behind it. But, like Mongrolian said, you seem to understand the word 'professional' solely on the meaning of someone capable of doing a specific job while the word imply much more. As quoted from wikipedia:

Due to the personal and confidential nature of many professional services, and thus the necessity to place a great deal of trust in them, most professionals are subject to strict codes of conduct enshrining rigorous ethical and moral obligations.

Thus, calling them unprofessionals for the lack of ethical and moral on their recent actions is quite justified. Again... I don't condemn their decisions, but how they handled the situation.

I also don't see them as supervillains and understand the whys behind it. But, like Mongrolian said, you seem to understand the word 'professional' solely on the meaning of someone capable of doing a specific job while the word imply much more. As quoted from wikipedia:

Due to the personal and confidential nature of many professional services, and thus the necessity to place a great deal of trust in them, most professionals are subject to strict codes of conduct enshrining rigorous ethical and moral obligations.

Thus, calling them unprofessionals for the lack of ethical and moral on their recent actions is quite justified. Again... I don't condemn their decisions, but how they handled the situation.

Wikipedia also states that professional ethics are not universal but vary from profession to profession and corporation to corporation. In general, professional ethics are the basis for trust between a professional and a client: The client trusts professionals because professionals behave in accordance to a certain set of usually unspoken rules that reinforce trust. For an executive having to answer to actionists, investors, and creditors it is part of the ethics of his profession to keep their interests first, otherwise he will lose their trust and his career will be over.

We shouldn't forget this is not the executives' fault, nor the investors' fault, nor the creditors' fault, nor the actionists' fault. This is neither the fault of those involved in the project, nor of those managing the enterprise producing the drama.

Eunjung broke the ethics of her profession when she got involved in such a scandal while being signed up for a drama, the girls broke the ethics of their profession when they got involved in such a scandal while endorsing certain products, and so on. The executives' job is not being nice people. Their profession involves managing other people's assets, and thus their professional ethic involves protecting those assets and the related interests. Sometimes they may have to make hard choices and hurt people, as it is expected of them. To do otherwise would be to betray the trust put on them by their clients.

However, I want it to be clear that I am not taking one side over the other. To see Eunjung in the verge of losing pretty much everything she always fought to get is painful. Very painful, and it is frustrating to not be able to do anything. Yet the villains here are not the girls who made a mistake, nor the executives who do what they have to do to cope with the scandal. The villains are the netizens who blew this out of proportion and a certain CEO who should really invest in a spin doctor and shut his trap.

Nothing of this would have happened were it not for the K-Netizens and KKS. Everyone else is a victim on this, Idol or Executive, staff member or project manager. If we forget that we are no different than the Netizens themselves.

So I am just offering the other side of the discussion. Hating on the Executives for doing their job is no more sane than destroying a girl's life over a mistake and the fantasies built around it.

Wikipedia also states that professional ethics are not universal but vary from profession to profession and corporation to corporation. In general, professional ethics are the basis for trust between a professional and a client: The client trusts professionals because professionals behave in accordance to a certain set of usually unspoken rules that reinforce trust. For an executive having to answer to actionists, investors, and creditors it is part of the ethics of his profession to keep their interests first, otherwise he will lose their trust and his career will be over.

We shouldn't forget this is not the executives' fault, nor the investors' fault, nor the creditors' fault, nor the actionists' fault. This is neither the fault of those involved in the project, nor of those managing the enterprise producing the drama.

Eunjung broke the ethics of her profession when she got involved in such a scandal while being signed up for a drama, the girls broke the ethics of their profession when they got involved in such a scandal while endorsing certain products, and so on. The executives' job is not being nice people. Their profession involves managing other people's assets, and thus their professional ethic involves protecting those assets and the related interests. Sometimes they may have to make hard choices and hurt people, as it is expected of them. To do otherwise would be to betray the trust put on them by their clients.

However, I want it to be clear that I am not taking one side over the other. To see Eunjung in the verge of losing pretty much everything she always fought to get is painful. Very painful, and it is frustrating to not be able to do anything. Yet the villains here are not the girls who made a mistake, nor the executives who do what they have to do to cope with the scandal. The villains are the netizens who blew this out of proportion and a certain CEO who should really invest in a spin doctor and shut his trap.

Nothing of this would have happened were it not for the K-Netizens and KKS. Everyone else is a victim on this, Idol or Executive, staff member or project manager. If we forget that we are no different than the Netizens themselves.

So I am just offering the other side of the discussion. Hating on the Executives for doing their job is no more sane than destroying a girl's life over a mistake and the fantasies built around it.

I'm well aware of this and agree. But again, what I'm trying to say is that keeping Eunjung from appearing on the show would mean keeping the interests of investors first. But assuring that she will have the role while scouting for a new actress is not. This has nothing to do with the investors' interests! If they had to drop her from the show, they should do it. We can't help but agree to the situation. But pretend that nothing is happening and suddenly make their move... that's cheap. Remember... this problem towards T-Ara happened days ago. And yet they waited until the last minute to announce their decision and, by the reported stories, they didn't even talked with the ones involved, neither Eunjung or her company. The least they could do was to tell first to those involved!

Guys I don't think we should blame Jin Seyeon. It's not really a fault, we can't blame her for accepting the role to advance her career. She might not have understood what was going on, maybe she thought there were arguments between eunjung and sbs and that they already told eunjung they were going to drop her, so she didn't realise that eunjung had been 'backstabbed'. On a side note, I hope eunjung doesn't have to go back, and the show freaking fails. It doesn't deserve to succeed with such an asshole PD, and it definitely doesn't deserve Eunjung. I just feel bad for Ji Hoon and Chang Wook.

Yee hee hee, we agree on something. It's nice to agree with smart people, it validates me.

Except that you seem to hold T-ara more culpable than I would (taken as a whole), given that half of them were teenagers when they signed on - and even Eunjung seems to have started her entertainment career as a minor, and under what sorta sounds like a, uh, "helicopter mom" or something, I forget what they call it. Anyway, a kid gets raised to make certain assumptions, and I assume they've never taken critical thinking courses or one whit of what gets called a liberal education, so to a certain extent... yeah, but that's not a big deal. And anyway, they all still abide by the game, but again, blah blah.

Anyway, I guess as for the older thing, maybe, "if you were an actor" and "you'd appreciate being dealt with in this way." There is a certain appreciation for a job well done (and I wouldn't go so far as to call this quite that) - of the game being well played.

But I don't know if a sports analogy would do? Like this wouldn't happen, but a great soccer player getting benched and then transferred because the kit sponsor disagreed with the player's stance on a political issue and threatened to withdraw their support. Would that player have professional (and not just emotional or personal) grounds upon which to disagree with the decision?

But even that's just sake of argument stuff, not what I want to get at. Almost PMed, maybe will if you want to continue along this line, but I'd be satisfied if we just disagree on this or that.

I guess there's also the question of things being the way they are, and what we should do about it (things being the way they are). I've had the thought, the problem with being a good guy is that you've sorta got to succeed in spite of being a good guy, otherwise you're just a guy who makes it look like being a good guy's not a good thing to do (to the people who wouldn't choose to do so themselves anyway - you won't change any minds, maybe, being what I mean, or you'll just dishearten people who want to be a good guy).

As for the corporate side, from a certain standpoint, the most effective way to win a war (and to keep from having to fight future wars with the same people) is to kill all of your enemies - like, all of them, without considerations of age or gender or whatever. But, we have, like, the Geneva treaty, or whatever kind of agreement it gets called, that keeps things from reaching that point - and international pressure from people more or less on the sidelines to remind everyone to play fair. Or now we do, anyway. It may be not so clear in the various areas of business, but there is some level of agreement as to what to call "business ethics."

Like, the business world could be called the eternal struggle between descending into the absence of humanity and ascending into business models that would be unviable (and so leave everyone to starve, taken to a certain extreme). Like, hopefully we can still get all the things we want without just always being total jerks to each other, say, meet somewhere in the middle.

But one of the reasons the SBS producer didn't do a good job, if we're talking about the game, is that he's the only one with an egg on his face (that might be seen as defending their interests, but it's not a very clean victory, as below). I'm not too well-informed, but do we know what product placement people complained about Eunjung's presence? Were they piano manufacturers or something, something relatively difficult to replace? Like why didn't SBS producer guy play a little bit of hardball back and say something like "we'll just replace you with another sponsor and then you won't get seen on tv anyway?" SBS guy dealt that one from a position of weakness, and now he and his production look like a mess, his product, the 5F show, looks at least that much worse, and again, so far he (and his staff, company, to a certain extent his talent) look to be the only ones taking negatives from this. Maybe, it might be said he picked the choice that (from his available intel) looked to lose him the least overall, but I don't know. I doubt that?

Just before some onlooker gets at me for it, yes, Eunjung did lose the role (and undertook all the relevant shock from the whole situation), but on the bright side, there does some to be a positive spin on the situation. Whether that is only apparent, and whether that will turn into future opportunities for her remains to be seen, but she has that opening to exploit, given enough savvy, luck, and will. As for the SBS team as a whole, they still do have a show to put on, just to be thorough, even if there's a lot of negative publicity - and then the old saying about publicity always being good...

And just to end, is there the question of being humans first before being executives, actresses, sponsors, or like, scientists and geographers and whatever?

To tone down the rhetoric a little, I guess it's kind of like being a dad who's fine with his kids hating him so long as they can survive better for it (it does, in cases, and it does not, in cases), or a dad who raises kids who have a healthy relationship with him but are perhaps less ambitious or otherwise able to make it out there (again, it's mostly a case to case thing). Anyway, you do need some of both, but of course, this hypothetical dad probably can't do both very well, and so on and so forth, "choices to be made" and whatever.

Edit: Further on the SBS guy...

Developing the idea, looking to the future, that SBS guy, what could he be trusted with? At best he might be useful as some kind of scapegoat guy - and depending on how SBS uses that, they might give him a nice golden parachute if he has to end his career over something like this - but for now he's just a guy who 1) caved under pressure/apparently negotiated poorly 2) apparently bungled in handling the announcement (at least a little) and 3) built negativity around his project. People forget and de facto forgive a lot of things, but at the very least some acting talent will have a distaste for dealing with him for a while. From (my assumption of) the point of view of the sponsors, he probably just looks like a ninny they can use/push around, and who might cave over this or that thing when it doesn't serve their interests, not exactly someone they can trust to do a good job or create a positive environment for marketing purposes. Again, such a person can be used, but...

And just for speculating purposes, what exactly was it that just had to involve Eunjung's character so specifically? Again, like the pianos that every character uses? Some fashion label? Like if it was just a soda or other food product, one could assume they might not have so much sway in a project like this, or that they could be replaced or might be appeased by just having their product be only minimally associated with Eunjung's character (like she always eats/drinks other stuff, or doesn't stand next to the street-level ad in whatever scene, things like that).

If we give free rein to rampant theorizing, one might even guess that SBS guy himself wanted to make the call about Eunjung, and built up the idea that he was pressured by sponsors as a mild cover story for doing so.

Oh, and also on the last thing of the original post, about being "human first," there's also the question of what that means, but yeah.

Lastly lastly, hopefully last edit lastly, these guys' decisions affect lots of people, and when they aren't "nice," it, uh, affects lots of people. When a person creates negativity in another person, that other person, he could go and get drunk and beat his kids, or she could get dissatisfied with life and start having an affair, or he or she could be a jerk in traffic or to his or her friends and so on and so forth, potentially creating more negativity in the people around them. The specific outcomes, of course, will depend on the proportions involved and the natures of every relevant character and good old chance, but they'll all have their causes (and then, of course, causes for those causes, and so on). I mean, "so people have a bad day," isn't just that. If a CEO lays a good worker off because he wants to put his favorite in the other guy's office, and the laid off guy goes and offs somebody, it's not exactly the CEO's fault (certainly not legally), but, like, there's the grey of everything again. Like the old joke goes, "maybe he just wasn't hugged enough as a kid," if that saying can ever be applied seriously. Anyway, all this as kind of a caveat to the idea of prioritizing profits - again, you said something about that, so it's not exactly for your benefit, but I like to run with a thought.

Edited by Mongrolian